New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I tried the B-up sugar cookie bar today. The texture was very light and smooth, much less dense than a Quest bar, and similar in texture to the Ansi cheesecake bars. It tastes a lot like a sugar cookie, or maybe more like sugar cookie dough. If you really love sugar cookies, I think you'd like this bar. But they're not my favourite thing. I liked the mint chocolate one more, but this one was still good.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Went to Target yesterday in a rush and didn't have time to browse but never fear, Target is totally catering to the yoga pant wearing mom looking to satisfy her pumpkin craving... In one end cap they had refrigerated: pumpkin spice creamer (I got Coffeemate Simply Pumpkin Spice), pumpkin cream cheese (also purchased), pumpkin break and bake cookies (passed) and then dry goods: pepperidge farm pumpkin spice bread and fiber one bars. Put all that with the Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale I picked up on Saturday and I should be set for the week... Too bad it's in the 80s here again!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    lennylarrycookielemonpoppy_500.jpg

I tried this cookie yesterday & it's not as good as the Snickerdoodle, but still really good.

I loved that it wasn't overly lemony or taste like Pledge/cleaning supplies like the Quest Lemon Cream Pie bar does.

Tomorrow I'm going to try the Pumpkin Spice cookie.

I really wanna try these, but I dont wanna have to make 380 calories fit just to have one cookie. So dumb to have 2 serving sizes in one package like that

Watch out, I believe they are heavier than two servings too!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    annette_15 wrote: »
    lennylarrycookielemonpoppy_500.jpg

I tried this cookie yesterday & it's not as good as the Snickerdoodle, but still really good.

I loved that it wasn't overly lemony or taste like Pledge/cleaning supplies like the Quest Lemon Cream Pie bar does.

Tomorrow I'm going to try the Pumpkin Spice cookie.

I really wanna try these, but I dont wanna have to make 380 calories fit just to have one cookie. So dumb to have 2 serving sizes in one package like that

Watch out, I believe they are heavier than two servings too!

Lol yeah I'm not surprised...
  • mathandcats
    Options
    I tried the B-up peanut butter flavour. It's delicious! Definitely the best PB flavour bar I've had, and I've tried many. The texture is similar to other B-up bars and also like the Ansi cheesecake bar. They are lighter and smoother/creamier/fluffier than Quest, and the PB flavour has a swirl of PB through the bar. It has a more intense peanut butter flavour than the Ansi peanut butter cheesecake bar, but they are similar otherwise. I like the B-up bar more.

I will definitely try the other flavours of B-up, and probably buy more of the mint chocolate and peanut butter flavours. I like them better than Quest. If B-up made a cookies and cream, I'd be so happy.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Another one that's probably just new to me, but I'm really liking these Outshine popcicles.

or4yrek3mj03.jpg
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    scastor27 wrote: »
    @Francl27 have you tried this one yet? I picked it up today.

d29myeowrqxx.jpeg

I love this one. They also have strawberry, chocolate, and pumpkin spice. All very yummy.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I know I just posted here, but I just tried the Pumpkin Fiber One Bars! OH MY GOODNESS. They are perfect; definitely a MUST buy and MUST stock up item!!! Super flavorful, sweet, and perfect texture. I recommend microwaving it for 10-15 seconds, seriously.

OMG, I love these. Heating them up-I'll have to try that-sounds genius.

To the people w the pumpkin spice yogurt-if you have a Wegmans grocery near you, they have a great store brand pumpkin greek yogurt that I actually like better than Chobani.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    htimpaired wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    I know I just posted here, but I just tried the Pumpkin Fiber One Bars! OH MY GOODNESS. They are perfect; definitely a MUST buy and MUST stock up item!!! Super flavorful, sweet, and perfect texture. I recommend microwaving it for 10-15 seconds, seriously.

OMG, I love these. Heating them up-I'll have to try that-sounds genius.

To the people w the pumpkin spice yogurt-if you have a Wegmans grocery near you, they have a great store brand pumpkin greek yogurt that I actually like better than Chobani.

Ok I didn't see that one. Might have last year but I forgot! Will take a look next time I'm there.
  • mathandcats
    Options
    I tried the Ansi strawberry cheesecake bar. I'd give it a miss. It has a weird artificial/chemically fruit taste that is rather unpleasant, and leaves an aftertaste.
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Just had a Chobani pumpkin greek yogurt -- so good! Tried pumpkin Oreos last night -- really good. Caramel Apple Oreos -- Meh, tasted like fake apple-caramel flavoring.
  • mathandcats
    Options
    BethAnnieT wrote: »
    Just had a Chobani pumpkin greek yogurt -- so good! Tried pumpkin Oreos last night -- really good. Caramel Apple Oreos -- Meh, tasted like fake apple-caramel flavoring.

I liked the caramel apple ones a lot! I don't like pumpkin, but if they are good I might pick some up to take home to my family in Canada, since they love all things pumpkin and they are not sold there.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I tried the P28 Buttermilk Buckwheat pancake mix. One salad-plate sized pancake is 160cal and 14g protein if you just add water, although they do say it's optional to add a bit of oil, which I think I will next time. It cooks well and doesn't stick to the pan, but comes out more like a biscuit than a pancake - kind of dry and dense. It tastes good but fairly plain, so I will add cinnamon next time. I really want to try the white chocolate flavour when I finish this! I'm satisfied, but if you are after light-and-fluffy pancakes, this won't do. I prefer dense pancakes (like oatmeal pancakes) so my only complaint here is that it's fairly dry.

Let the batter sit for a few minutes. That will fix the dryness issue. I love these pancakes. I top with preserves. The strawberry tastes better. I have the other two flavors and will post a review once I've tried. (It's Protein Pancake September...and since I have so much of it, will spill over into October). For light and fluffy, Kodiak seems to be the best.
  • mathandcats
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    I tried the P28 Buttermilk Buckwheat pancake mix. One salad-plate sized pancake is 160cal and 14g protein if you just add water, although they do say it's optional to add a bit of oil, which I think I will next time. It cooks well and doesn't stick to the pan, but comes out more like a biscuit than a pancake - kind of dry and dense. It tastes good but fairly plain, so I will add cinnamon next time. I really want to try the white chocolate flavour when I finish this! I'm satisfied, but if you are after light-and-fluffy pancakes, this won't do. I prefer dense pancakes (like oatmeal pancakes) so my only complaint here is that it's fairly dry.

Let the batter sit for a few minutes. That will fix the dryness issue. I love these pancakes. I top with preserves. The strawberry tastes better. I have the other two flavors and will post a review once I've tried. (It's Protein Pancake September...and since I have so much of it, will spill over into October). For light and fluffy, Kodiak seems to be the best.

I did let it sit a few minutes, was still dry. But I'd prefer dense and a bit dry to light and fluffy. I like my pancakes substantial! I'll experiment.
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I've noticed the Mentos candy line...has recently released a tropical fruit flavor mentos. It is pretty good! You want to look on the wrapper because it says FRUIT...that way you know you're getting the new ones. The all white ones are mint...
  • SuggaD
    Options
    Biscoff spread and cookie butter are amazing. I haven't had either in a while though as you really can't eat them with anything.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    Biscoff spread and cookie butter are amazing. I haven't had either in a while though as you really can't eat them with anything.

They're different things? I bought a small jar at Walmart at one point but now not sure which one. I *was* proud of myself for logging every last gram of that jar tho. :)

• SuggaD
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

They're different things? I bought a small jar at Walmart at one point but now not sure which one. I *was* proud of myself for logging every last gram of that jar tho. :)

Biscoff spread is a cookie butter using Biscoff cookies. Usually when people say just cookie butter, they are talking about the Trader Joe's famous cookie butter, which uses a different cookie. Both are really good. But you are right, very sweet, which is why I can't figure out what to eat it with.