New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• twinjamom6
    twinjamom6 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I love the Luna protein bars! Especially the chocolate chip cookie dough

I am currently on a mission to try all the Luna flavors (except the coconut ones, not a fan of coconut). My favorite in their protein line is the Mint Chocolate Chip.

My favorite in their regular line is tough I love so many of them. They are all very good, my least favorite was the Lemon one though. Too dry and chemically tasting.

[/quote]

I love the chocolate peppermint stick!!!
    &sorry to hear you didn't like the lemon, I actually kinda do.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I picked up two things from World Market today and had the calories for both of them today.

73_71_large.jpg
    I decided to pick this up instead of a Ritter butter biscuit because of figs. I did not notice the balsamic vinegar and completely regret my decision. :s The chocolate was fine, but the filling was way too tart for my tastes. I would have thrown it out after the first bite if it didn't cost me nearly $4 (seriously regret not picking up Ritter, there was even a sale :( ).

895b8347e421d57165cb2381bde54382.jpg
    I made the mistake of sneaking this into the movie theater, you should eat this with a utensil, but it was REALLY good. It tasted like the filling of a good pie. I'll definitely pick up some more flavors.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm trying out lots of new (to me) protein products, since I'm wanting some greater variety.
    • Yup Brands B-up protein bar: I tried the mint chocolate flavour and liked it a lot. It's similar in profile to Quest (~200 cal, 20g protein, 20g fiber), but has no sucralose in it. I liked it much better than the Quest mint chocolate chunk.
    • GNC Pure Edge Complete protein bar in peanut butter cookie dough. It's a whole foods based bar with chia seeds and flax and such. Similarly, 200 cal and 20g protein. It was alright, but not good. Very tough, even after being microwaved, and lacked flavour.
    • Quest protein powders in peanut butter and vanilla. The PB one is kind of boring, but I like the vanilla one. These powders blend very thick compared to others, which I like because I can have my desired thick, milkshake consistency while adding more liquid, so it is more filling for me.

I have two other flavours of B-up bars to try, and just picked up some Detour simple bars, some cheesecake protein bars (can't remember the exact brand), P28 protein pancake mix in buttermilk buckwheat since they were out of the white chocolate, and I have a couple of other GNC brand bars to try.
  • mathandcats
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm trying out lots of new (to me) protein products, since I'm wanting some greater variety.
    • Yup Brands B-up protein bar: I tried the mint chocolate flavour and liked it a lot. It's similar in profile to Quest (~200 cal, 20g protein, 20g fiber), but has no sucralose in it. I liked it much better than the Quest mint chocolate chunk, which has a heavy sucralose taste to me.
    • GNC Pure Edge Complete protein bar in peanut butter cookie dough. It's a whole foods based bar with chia seeds and flax and such. Similarly, 200 cal and 20g protein. It was alright, but not good. Very tough, even after being microwaved, and lacked flavour.
    • Quest protein powders in peanut butter and vanilla. The PB one is kind of boring, but I like the vanilla one. These powders blend very thick compared to others, which I like because I can have my desired thick, milkshake consistency while adding more liquid, so it is more filling for me.

I have two other flavours of B-up bars to try, and just picked up some Detour simple bars, some cheesecake protein bars (can't remember the exact brand), P28 protein pancake mix in buttermilk buckwheat since they were out of the white chocolate, and I have a couple of other GNC brand bars to try.

OK, I couldn't wait to try it because the woman at Vitamin Shoppe was raving about how good they were. I had the Ansi Gourmet Cheesecake protein bar in the peanut butter chocolate chip cheesecake flavour.

It was very good, especially warmed up in the microwave for a few seconds. I would prefer a stronger PB flavour, and it doesn't really taste like cheesecake, but it is somehow reminiscent of it. There's a pretty smooth texture, especially when warm. I think I will buy a box, but will try the other things I have first
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    • Yup Brands B-up protein bar: I tried the mint chocolate flavour and liked it a lot. It's similar in profile to Quest (~200 cal, 20g protein, 20g fiber), but has no sucralose in it. I liked it much better than the Quest mint chocolate chunk, which has a heavy sucralose taste to me.

OK, I couldn't wait to try it because the woman at Vitamin Shoppe was raving about how good they were. I had the Ansi Gourmet Cheesecake protein bar in the peanut butter chocolate chip cheesecake flavour.

It was very good, especially warmed up in the microwave for a few seconds. I would prefer a stronger PB flavour, and it doesn't really taste like cheesecake, but it is somehow reminiscent of it. There's a pretty smooth texture, especially when warm. I think I will buy a box, but will try the other things I have first

B-up bars are so good! I LOVE the sugar cookie one.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Those Hail Merry macaroons are the ones that cost $8 at Whole Foods. That's just crazy for a few cookies...
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options

I impulsively bought that one at gnc one dsy but haven't tried it yet. It was the last one in the box at the cash register and had a picture of the sprinkle sugar cookies i love so much. How could i resist?

Also, the stats looked good but I didn't realize it has more fiber than a quest bar! So now I'm afraid to even eat half. :)

• mathandcats
    Options

I have that one, and was having trouble deciding whether I should try it or the cheesecake one first. I think that one is next on my list then!
  • appleg1rl
    appleg1rl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've never liked Yoplait greek yogurt, but I'm really into the Yoplait Plenti right now! I love the crunch of the seeds in it.
  • mathandcats
    Options
    I tried the P28 Buttermilk Buckwheat pancake mix. One salad-plate sized pancake is 160cal and 14g protein if you just add water, although they do say it's optional to add a bit of oil, which I think I will next time. It cooks well and doesn't stick to the pan, but comes out more like a biscuit than a pancake - kind of dry and dense. It tastes good but fairly plain, so I will add cinnamon next time. I really want to try the white chocolate flavour when I finish this! I'm satisfied, but if you are after light-and-fluffy pancakes, this won't do. I prefer dense pancakes (like oatmeal pancakes) so my only complaint here is that it's fairly dry.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

I impulsively bought that one at gnc one dsy but haven't tried it yet. It was the last one in the box at the cash register and had a picture of the sprinkle sugar cookies i love so much. How could i resist?

Also, the stats looked good but I didn't realize it has more fiber than a quest bar! So now I'm afraid to even eat half. :)

The Sugar Cookie protein bar was alright, but it had a weird texture that I couldn't get over.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    New to my part of the world...

x5yqmpmpxlcz.jpg

And now on order.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited September 2015
    Options
    15520044141_2ae5622e26_z.jpg

I found this at a Super Wal-Mart & it is really good. The yogurt has a great caramel/apple taste that isn't overly sweet & has a few apple mix-ins.

www.theimpulsivebuy.com
  • Robbnva
    Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I know I just posted here, but I just tried the Pumpkin Fiber One Bars! OH MY GOODNESS. They are perfect; definitely a MUST buy and MUST stock up item!!! Super flavorful, sweet, and perfect texture. I recommend microwaving it for 10-15 seconds, seriously.

Do they contain hfcs?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    15520044141_2ae5622e26_z.jpg

I found this at a Super Wal-Mart & it is really good. The yogurt has a great caramel/apple taste that isn't overly sweet & has a few apple mix-ins.

www.theimpulsivebuy.com

Will have to look for that one.
    I tried the P28 Buttermilk Buckwheat pancake mix. One salad-plate sized pancake is 160cal and 14g protein if you just add water, although they do say it's optional to add a bit of oil, which I think I will next time. It cooks well and doesn't stick to the pan, but comes out more like a biscuit than a pancake - kind of dry and dense. It tastes good but fairly plain, so I will add cinnamon next time. I really want to try the white chocolate flavour when I finish this! I'm satisfied, but if you are after light-and-fluffy pancakes, this won't do. I prefer dense pancakes (like oatmeal pancakes) so my only complaint here is that it's fairly dry.

Ok that's kinda disappointing for me... I'll stick to Kodiak mixes I think.
  • Loveslupins
    Loveslupins Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    irenehb wrote: »
    yz1tam67umli.jpg
    Tim Tam 3 beans- coffee, vanilla and cocoa beans.

These have been out for a few weeks, but are only available at Woolworths in Australia.
    Dark chocolate, can taste the coffee and cocoa bean makes it more bitter/less sweet than the regular Tim Tam, which I enjoyed. Couldn't taste the vanilla bean though. Overall, worth trying.

OMG How I miss the Tim Tams!! I'm Canadian, but lived in Australia for 2 years- where I ate my weight in Tim Tams. Lol
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    lennylarrycookielemonpoppy_500.jpg

I tried this cookie yesterday & it's not as good as the Snickerdoodle, but still really good.

I loved that it wasn't overly lemony or taste like Pledge/cleaning supplies like the Quest Lemon Cream Pie bar does.

Tomorrow I'm going to try the Pumpkin Spice cookie.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    518LNhICf2L.jpg

I picked up a pack of these for free at HEB. It tasted pretty dang okay, there's not much you can do to mess up almonds. It's definitely not $3.48 good though.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    lennylarrycookielemonpoppy_500.jpg

I tried this cookie yesterday & it's not as good as the Snickerdoodle, but still really good.

I loved that it wasn't overly lemony or taste like Pledge/cleaning supplies like the Quest Lemon Cream Pie bar does.

Tomorrow I'm going to try the Pumpkin Spice cookie.

I really wanna try these, but I dont wanna have to make 380 calories fit just to have one cookie. So dumb to have 2 serving sizes in one package like that