New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    I call the Trader Joe's cookie butter "crack".

And that way no confusion! :)
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

lol What do you eat it with?
  • glassyo
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »

lol What do you eat it with?

Ok, just using a spoon and dipping it in the jar aside, I buy these really thin rice cakes by Real Foods (they're the same size around but 1/2 the height and 1/2 the calories) and spread a tablespoon on it.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Biscoff spread and cookie butter are amazing. I haven't had either in a while though as you really can't eat them with anything.

They're different things? I bought a small jar at Walmart at one point but now not sure which one. I *was* proud of myself for logging every last gram of that jar tho. :)

Biscoff spread is a cookie butter using Biscoff cookies. Usually when people say just cookie butter, they are talking about the Trader Joe's famous cookie butter, which uses a different cookie. Both are really good. But you are right, very sweet, which is why I can't figure out what to eat it with.

I went to a party one time and they had sandwiches with those flat chocolate covered pretzel thins with a schmear of cookie butter in the middle.

Basically these:
    http://whatsgabycooking.com/chocolate-covered-pretzel-cookie-butter-sandwiches/
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Last winter we had a massive tin of shortbread that someone dropped off in our office. I spread peanut butter between two, and it was amazing. I need to try that with cookie butter.
  • SuggaD
    Options
    I have no time...I wonder if I could buy those chocolate covered pretzel thins somewhere. That looks perfect!
  • glassyo
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Biscoff spread and cookie butter are amazing. I haven't had either in a while though as you really can't eat them with anything.

They're different things? I bought a small jar at Walmart at one point but now not sure which one. I *was* proud of myself for logging every last gram of that jar tho. :)

Biscoff spread is a cookie butter using Biscoff cookies. Usually when people say just cookie butter, they are talking about the Trader Joe's famous cookie butter, which uses a different cookie. Both are really good. But you are right, very sweet, which is why I can't figure out what to eat it with.

I went to a party one time and they had sandwiches with those flat chocolate covered pretzel thins with a schmear of cookie butter in the middle.

Basically these:
    http://whatsgabycooking.com/chocolate-covered-pretzel-cookie-butter-sandwiches/

Look at the little eyes and nosey.

That looks soooooooooooooo good tho.

I'm trying to think of all the cookie butter items Trader Joe's sold. Spread it between a couple shortbread cookies, swirl some in some cream cheese, make cheesecake. :p

• SuggaD
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Last winter we had a massive tin of shortbread that someone dropped off in our office. I spread peanut butter between two, and it was amazing. I need to try that with cookie butter.

That sounds good too. You know TJ's has a cookie butter sandwich cookie now, but I haven't tried it yet.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I have no time...I wonder if I could buy those chocolate covered pretzel thins somewhere. That looks perfect!
    chococrunch_1024-233x361.png
  • SuggaD
    Options

Thanks. Going to try just pretzel thins with the cookie butter and see how that is (so I can have more in 1 sitting lol). Then the chocolate.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

With the Biscoff spread I've been putting it on a tortilla & nuking it in the microwave for a few seconds. Sooooo good.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Hahaha you are all making me drool badly.

Went to Shop Rite, couldn't find any of the things I've been looking for sadly (yogurts, oreos) but I got these

keebler-fudge-stripes-pumpkin-spice-cookies-.jpg?itok=t7NQJG4S

Will have to try them out when PMS is over (or I'll probably eat the whole package).

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited September 2015
    Options
    pGNC1-19960800t300x300.jpg

Bought a box of these from GNC since they were a dollar cheaper than Quest to see if they were as good & they're definitely not!

The bar has a weird texture that my sister said reminded her of Laffy Taffy. The bar also doesn't have much of a taste compared to the Quest bar.

The calories are 10 less than Quest, but I'll definitely take quality over lower calories when it comes to protein bars.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

That's what my friend used to make them. They were delicious but super rich.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Hahaha you are all making me drool badly.

Went to Shop Rite, couldn't find any of the things I've been looking for sadly (yogurts, oreos) but I got these

keebler-fudge-stripes-pumpkin-spice-cookies-.jpg?itok=t7NQJG4S

Will have to try them out when PMS is over (or I'll probably eat the whole package).

Ooh! Every time I go into Giant I always look at the cookie aisle to see if they're in. The reviewer on Impulsive Buy said they don't have much or any of a pumpkin taste, but they're still good.
  • glassyo
    Options

I guess I just don't get it. Like, yeah, it's spreadable cookies... But why?

For me it's that hint of ginger in the Trader Joe's cookie butter. It's just really good!

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I have some HEB cookie butter, 2 for $4 right now for those interested, sitting in my cabinet. I've had Trader Joe's cookie butter sandwich cookies, but never the plain butter. I'm gonna wait until I finish my one of the other two PBs, JIF and dark chocolate wonderful, to crack one open.

fairlife.png?w=620
    I bought a small bottle of this stuff because it was on clearance. It was good enough for my Oreos, and I was pretty okay with the taste. I'd pick it up again if it weren't super pricey normally.

Trolli-Sour-Watermelon-Gummy-Sharks-Candy-131738-im21.jpg
    Trolli Sour Gummy Sharks were the Free Friday Coupon deal at Kroger a week or so ago. These aren't very sour, which is good for me, but they're also really bland. I've had nearly two servings, and only one or two sharks had any sugar. I'm gonna toss what I have left.

flavors-04-pbchocolate.jpg
    These guys send me out a LOT of coupons a few weeks ago. I was a little worried when I was getting ready to pull some out because it looked a lot harder than I'm used to, but it was actually really nice! I think I'm going to make an Pop Tart sandwich with some soon.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

That's why I haven't tried it. No idea what I'd do with it.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

That's why I haven't tried it. No idea what I'd do with it.

you eat it. and it's delicious.