New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    If anyone likes chocolate and hazelnut....

ShotType1_328x328.jpg

Milky drink

ShotType1_328x328.jpg

Pudding

ShotType1_328x328.jpg

Some kind of snack.

I promise you, you will be in heaven.
  • MissBabyJane
    Options
    And forgot

nutella-06.jpg

OMG, so good.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    And forgot

nutella-06.jpg

OMG, so good.

OMG.

I finally got to eat those

julienned-root-vegetables.png

Ok first thing, they don't look like the picture at ALL. They're more like chunks. And they didn't get crispy at all... just soft (I did follow the instructions). And they're a bit spicy, which really isn't my thing. Won't buy again.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    1iyvf7rtnoa8.jpg

Yeah this is good! A bit uneven though, with some pieces more custardy than others, but still. Pretty filling too (good thing, at 260 calories a slice), but it doesn't need any syrup or anything.

I really want to try this now, that looks fantastic!
    I also noticed it was featured this morning on the impulsivebuy haha congratulations, you're helping the world discover good foods c;
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Ok first thing, they don't look like the picture at ALL. They're more like chunks. And they didn't get crispy at all... just soft (I did follow the instructions). And they're a bit spicy, which really isn't my thing. Won't buy again.

Agreed. And I still think beets taste like dirt.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    1iyvf7rtnoa8.jpg

Yeah this is good! A bit uneven though, with some pieces more custardy than others, but still. Pretty filling too (good thing, at 260 calories a slice), but it doesn't need any syrup or anything.

I really want to try this now, that looks fantastic!
    I also noticed it was featured this morning on the impulsivebuy haha congratulations, you're helping the world discover good foods c;

Lol I was excited when I saw it. Want to try those yogurts mentioned there too but I didn't see them.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Agreed. And I still think beets taste like dirt.

How disappointing. I bought 3 bags and haven't tried them yet. Guess I'll see what I think this weekend. Everyone was just raving about these.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I take back what I said about the Silk Nog. It is not bad. I think I just didn't shake it enough the first time. You can definitely tell it is soy milk, but it is a reasonably good approximation of a light egg nog. If you really like egg nog and can drink dairy, I wouldn't suggest this over egg nog, but for those who don't/can't, it is not a bad choice. I kind of want to try the almond nog, but am worried it will be really watery.
  • piheart
    piheart Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I take back what I said about the Silk Nog. It is not bad. I think I just didn't shake it enough the first time. You can definitely tell it is soy milk, but it is a reasonably good approximation of a light egg nog. If you really like egg nog and can drink dairy, I wouldn't suggest this over egg nog, but for those who don't/can't, it is not a bad choice. I kind of want to try the almond nog, but am worried it will be really watery.

I tried the almond nog. It's definitely not as creamy and thick as real egg nog, but still deliciously noggy enough to add to my coffee or to ginger bread spice tea (my favorite combo so far!). I think you might still be disappointed on the thickness front... But I also bought the So Delicious Mint Chocolate Coconut Milk, and I think that does a better job of hitting the mark as a creamy holiday drink. It was way thicker than I imagined and very chocolatey! I put it in my coffee every morning now... Afraid what happens when I run out as Whole Foods is an hour away.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    piheart wrote: »

I tried the almond nog. It's definitely not as creamy and thick as real egg nog, but still deliciously noggy enough to add to my coffee or to ginger bread spice tea (my favorite combo so far!). I think you might still be disappointed on the thickness front... But I also bought the So Delicious Mint Chocolate Coconut Milk, and I think that does a better job of hitting the mark as a creamy holiday drink. It was way thicker than I imagined and very chocolatey! I put it in my coffee every morning now... Afraid what happens when I run out as Whole Foods is an hour away.

I have the mint chocolate one as well, but didn't open it yet. I got it at Target! So maybe you don't have to go to Whole Foods to get it (which is what their website told me to do).
  • piheart
    piheart Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    piheart wrote: »

I have the mint chocolate one as well, but didn't open it yet. I got it at Target! So maybe you don't have to go to Whole Foods to get it (which is what their website told me to do).

My local target must suck a lot worse than I thought because they don't have it... I have checked 2 Wincos (Krogers), 2 local natural foods stores, and 1 target in the area and nothing!! Same with the seasonal Talenti flavors and pretty much anything else fun in this thread (aside from trader joes, can usually get everything normally there). It's super lame. There is another Target only 15 minutes away though and it's bigger!!! I will try there :) thanks!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried too many new products. I've got too much to burn through, lol.
    lev-003280.jpg
    I picked up these because they were on clearance at Krogers. They aren't set to expire until sometime next year, but they taste old. I don't think I'd pick them up again.
    CC_Hammonds-Cost-Plus-World-Market-Universal-Monsters-Bridebar-and-Frankenbar-chocolate-bars-Halloween-2015.jpg
    I bought both of these bars for .75c at World Market. The cashier gave a good review of the Frankenbar. The Bridebar was nice but nothing outstanding. The wrapper is the best part.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    morkiemama wrote: »
    These are freaking GROSS. I was expecting them to be made out of dried cooked oats, but nope... They're syrupy sweet raw oats. And there's no noticeable difference between the different flavors. I spat >80% of these out just because they were so not worth the calories. They weigh like 20% more than what the package says, too. Seriously butt freaking gross. I bought two other flavors as well, but I'm going to return them. They are really that bad.

@vinegar_husbands Sorry they weren't tasty :( However, your description of your displeasure made me LOL :)

I laughed at butt freaking gross.
  • triddering
    triddering Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My once in a while treat is the "Enlightened" ice cream bars. They have two favors that I have tried: chocolate peanut butter and salted caramel. The chocolate peanut butter was ok, but the salted caramel was AMAZING! The store I buy from must have realized it in sales, as they no longer carry the chocolate peanut butter, but they still carry the salted caramel... They are 80 calories and have 7g of protein!
  • MissBabyJane
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Those are just new to me, but omg...

Lenny-And-Larrys-The-Vegan-Complete-Cookie-White-Chocolate-Macadamia-787692835607.jpg

Vitacost-Dark-Chocolate-Bar-Almonds-And-Sea-Salt-844197025190.jpg

• andreaameurer
    andreaameurer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My new recipe - Green Smoothie!
    The whole family loves it, even the 12-year-old boy. 1 cup SPINACH, 1 small can pineapple juice, frozen 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup frozen pineapple, 1/2 cup plain yogurt. Liquefy in blender.
    Delicious and a beautiful creamy green!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    @vinegar_husbands have you tried Aleia's cookies? I've seen these a few times at Giant, but keep passing on them since they're higher priced.

Today I went to Giant, Target, & Wal-Mart & bought so many goodies that I'll be set for the new year.

I didn't find the Gingerbread Oreo's, but I probably won't get them now any ways from all of the other things I've bought.

One new thing I noticed (I think it was at Target) were these Justin's pretzel dippers similar to the Snyder's & Nutella.
  • celinend
    celinend Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I liked the silk almond nog just fine, but the Califia brand almond nog is significantly thicker and creamier - more like real egg nog!
    califianog.jpg