New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I love fresh cheese curds... picture like a firmer, squeaky mozzarella cheese! Or string cheese bites...

But beer-battered and FRIED cheese curds... that's where it's at. From one of my local restaurants: 6fsi0xvpv6zl.png

Firmer, squeaky mozzarella cheese? So is it like if tofu and mozzarella cheese had a baby and you deep fried it? xD the regular version doesn’t look too palatable but the fried version looks dangerous... someone needs to come and open a fried cheese curd stand on the boardwalk over here ASAP. If any entrepreneurs are on these forums, take note xD

Ha! I've never heard it explained like that, but yeah kind of true. I love fresh cheese curds! taste is a little nutty. When fried they are similar to mozzarella sticks :)

@hgycta I have no idea where in MD you are, but I think Giant Food Stores might carry Farmrich cheese curds:

576laxzpdgcp.png

Also, look for the fresh stuff in the specialty cheese section!

These are a hit at my house ! I recommend this brand ! My husband and daughter like to make them in the fryer. We live on east coast, but we do love our cheese curds ! (Sorry to beat a dead horse on the cheese curd bandwagon ! )

I don't think cheese curd praises can be spoken enough. We need to make them a new trend so I can finally get some good curds in my area.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    linza7116 wrote: »
    Some low carb products I find that are really good: Folio cheese wraps, found at Costco. They make awsome cheese chips for dipping(microwave about 3 min, make sure they are on top of the parchement paper). Stur water inhansers. "Keto instant hot cereal" by High Key, found on Amazon.

I usually just drink black coffee and water aside from making protein shakes but lately for the summer I've been craving a sweet drink when I eat popcorn. I picked up a few different kinds of water enhancers and the only one I tried so far is Stur Naturally Skinny in Black Cherry; it is exactly what I was craving. I almost don't even want to try the other brands because I like the Stur Black Cherry so much.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    I love fresh cheese curds... picture like a firmer, squeaky mozzarella cheese! Or string cheese bites...

But beer-battered and FRIED cheese curds... that's where it's at. From one of my local restaurants: 6fsi0xvpv6zl.png

Firmer, squeaky mozzarella cheese? So is it like if tofu and mozzarella cheese had a baby and you deep fried it? xD the regular version doesn’t look too palatable but the fried version looks dangerous... someone needs to come and open a fried cheese curd stand on the boardwalk over here ASAP. If any entrepreneurs are on these forums, take note xD

Ha! I've never heard it explained like that, but yeah kind of true. I love fresh cheese curds! taste is a little nutty. When fried they are similar to mozzarella sticks :)

@hgycta I have no idea where in MD you are, but I think Giant Food Stores might carry Farmrich cheese curds:

576laxzpdgcp.png

These are a hit at my house ! I recommend this brand ! My husband and daughter like to make them in the fryer. We live on east coast, but we do love our cheese curds ! (Sorry to beat a dead horse on the cheese curd bandwagon ! )

I don't think cheese curd praises can be spoken enough. We need to make them a new trend so I can finally get some good curds in my area.

cheese curd revolution! Growing up in the midwest, I guess I've taken cheese curds for granted???
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    r4u63fv3kave.jpg

@hgycta these are at 711. Very faint cotton candy taste at the back end. They were tasty though if you like powdered donuts

Wow that is NOT good packaging, I would’ve never passed by that and thought “cotton candy,” but rather regular white powdered donuts. I will absolutely be on the lookout now, thank you!!!!

Also, tried the Heath iced latte at Dunkin! Honestly I was expecting to like this flavor less but I like it more than the cookies and cream! Still, I associate “Heath” with more of a texture than I do a flavor, so I feel like they could’ve really stepped up the game by throwing a small spoonful of crunchy Heath bits inside it. But still, very nice rich flavor that makes me want to get it again. Like the one I had yesterday, they didn’t stir it well (if they tried at all that is), but, again, I liked that because I have no limit on how sweet I like things haha. 8/10. Would’ve gotten 10/10 with those crunchy Heath bits!
    m518mm6o7by2.jpeg
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    Finaly a product i saw/can find. probably yummy but not willing to try my calories on them ;)
    c1ztr59mlrfp.jpeg
    azyokgbf6y7y.jpeg
    51jbsgskkshy.jpeg

• JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    This is from an email I received from Beyond Meat.

ex0i3v356091.png

Just in Time for Summer, the New, Meatier, Beyond Burger™ Heads to Grocery Stores Nationwide

We believe in a better Beyond. A Beyond that’s always striving for more. That’s why we created the new, MEATIER Beyond Burger™ that started shipping to grocery stores nationwide this month! With mouthwatering marbling, a meatier taste and texture, and all the juicy, GMO-free deliciousness you loved in the original, this new burger is closer to beef than ever before.
    So What’s Different?
    • Meatier taste and texture that mimics the chew and juiciness of beef
    • Visible white marbling made from cocoa butter and coconut oil
    • Combination of pea, mung bean, and rice delivers a complete protein – 20g of protein/patty
    • As always – made without GMOs, soy, or gluten
    • Simplified ingredient list
    • OK Kosher Certified
    • Cook time has increased to four minutes per side (or until it reaches an internal temp of 165°)

The Washington Post had this to say about the new Beyond Burger - "[it's] meatier, juicier, and a big step closer to beef." Fans should look for the red “Now Even Meatier” tab on the packaging to know the new Beyond Burger has arrived in store near them. The full rollout of the new, meatier Beyond Burger in retail may take a few weeks, so we appreciate your patience!

And it Gets Better... Beyond Beef® is Hitting Retail Shelves This Week

The wait is over! Beyond Beef is starting to roll out in grocery stores across the nation this week. Beyond Beef is the first plant-based ground meat made without GMOs, soy or gluten to deliver the same culinary versatility, meaty texture and juiciness of traditional ground beef but with 25% less sat fat!
    Here's what Buzzfeed thinks... “If you blindfolded me and gave me a taste of real ground beef and the Beyond Meat version, I really don’t think I would have known the difference.”

Click below to see the full list of retailers who will be carrying Beyond Beef.

• cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options

576laxzpdgcp.png

cheese curd revolution! Growing up in the midwest, I guess I've taken cheese curds for granted???

Growing up in NH, cheese curds are specifically popular for poutine. I've seen fried cheese curds, but they're not prominent around here. I grew up eating poutine thanks to my family from Quebec, but my city has a lot of French-Canadian history and poutine is very popular here.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    Quest is coming out with an improved Cinnamon Roll flavor if anyone is into that. Haha
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,938 Member
    Options
    I have tried all the Halo Top flavors available in my area. My favorite that I keep going back to is Chocolate Almond Crunch. My favorite lower calorie ones are Birthday Cake and Oatmeal Cookie. The seasonal Strawberry Cheesecake was wonderful, but it is no longer available where I live. My least favorite was Peanut Butter and Jelly.

I've been wanting to try the new flavor, Toasted Coconut, but have been unable to find it. Has anyone had this one?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Quest is coming out with an improved Cinnamon Roll flavor if anyone is into that. Haha

Wish they would go back to the original formula. Then I'd be excited!
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    Tolamarie wrote: »
    I have tried all the Halo Top flavors available in my area. My favorite that I keep going back to is Chocolate Almond Crunch. My favorite lower calorie ones are Birthday Cake and Oatmeal Cookie. The seasonal Strawberry Cheesecake was wonderful, but it is no longer available where I live. My least favorite was Peanut Butter and Jelly.

I've been wanting to try the new flavor, Toasted Coconut, but have been unable to find it. Has anyone had this one?

Toasted coconut isn’t really new... it’s just a diary free flavor. It’s okay if you like coconut, but nothing special. 🤷🏼‍♂️🥥
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    apullum wrote: »
    OK what store are all these new Chilly Cow flavors at? I'm guessing it's a store that's not in CA, that'd be my luck!

Peanut butter chocolate is my favorite Enlightened flavor.

I get the sense that we're somewhere in the same general region, and the only place I can find Chilly Cow is Grocery Outlet. My Grocery Outlet only has cookies and cream, and vanilla graham.

I did find marshmallow peanut butter Enlightened recently and I think that's one of the new Chilly Cow flavors, so that's a possibility if you can't find Chilly Cow.

Did you find Marshmallow Peanut Butter Enlightened at Grocery Outlet? I'm going through the flavors there and so far only have repurchased Triple Chocolate. I have a lot of opened pints in my freezer! I saw the same bars as you but went for Chilly Cow ice cream instead of bars (cookies n' cream). I'd love to find more of a selection! Don't buy Slim Twins there, it was awful! I think it was Winco where I found Chilly Cow brown butter caramel and Dark Chocolate Mint Chip. The former is great and later is so-so, but I'm picky with mint.

I think I found the marshmallow peanut butter at a "health food" store. It was worth paying more the Grocery Outlet price :) I agree that the Slim Twin was nasty!

My local Grocery Outlets have these Enlightened flavors:
    - red velvet bars
    - French toast
    - triple chocolate
    - frozen hot cocoa
    - black cherry chocolate chip
    - butter pecan
    - glazed donut

How are the Frozen hot cocoa ice cream and Red velvet bars? Man, I really want to try Marshmallow Peanut Butter! I may have to go searching for it! I take it it's a new flavor? I didn't see black cherry chocolate chip either, that sounds good. Hm, I may have to find another Grocery Outlet to check out.

I hate to potentially disappoint you, but my pint of Marshmallow Peanut Butter has been sitting in my freezer, half eaten, for a couple of months. Not even chocolate syrup could save it for me...
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    OK what store are all these new Chilly Cow flavors at? I'm guessing it's a store that's not in CA, that'd be my luck!

Peanut butter chocolate is my favorite Enlightened flavor.

I get the sense that we're somewhere in the same general region, and the only place I can find Chilly Cow is Grocery Outlet. My Grocery Outlet only has cookies and cream, and vanilla graham.

I did find marshmallow peanut butter Enlightened recently and I think that's one of the new Chilly Cow flavors, so that's a possibility if you can't find Chilly Cow.

Did you find Marshmallow Peanut Butter Enlightened at Grocery Outlet? I'm going through the flavors there and so far only have repurchased Triple Chocolate. I have a lot of opened pints in my freezer! I saw the same bars as you but went for Chilly Cow ice cream instead of bars (cookies n' cream). I'd love to find more of a selection! Don't buy Slim Twins there, it was awful! I think it was Winco where I found Chilly Cow brown butter caramel and Dark Chocolate Mint Chip. The former is great and later is so-so, but I'm picky with mint.

I think I found the marshmallow peanut butter at a "health food" store. It was worth paying more the Grocery Outlet price :) I agree that the Slim Twin was nasty!

My local Grocery Outlets have these Enlightened flavors:
    - red velvet bars
    - French toast
    - triple chocolate
    - frozen hot cocoa
    - black cherry chocolate chip
    - butter pecan
    - glazed donut

How are the Frozen hot cocoa ice cream and Red velvet bars? Man, I really want to try Marshmallow Peanut Butter! I may have to go searching for it! I take it it's a new flavor? I didn't see black cherry chocolate chip either, that sounds good. Hm, I may have to find another Grocery Outlet to check out.

I hate to potentially disappoint you, but my pint of Marshmallow Peanut Butter has been sitting in my freezer, half eaten, for a couple of months. Not even chocolate syrup could save it for me...

Yea I keep seeing this flavor in my stores and eh I've just not been interested
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    These were pretty good. But 150 calories for a small bite. I wouldn’t buy again.l3xgs5xm2zu2.jpeg
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    These were pretty good. But 150 calories for a small bite. I wouldn’t buy again.l3xgs5xm2zu2.jpeg

That's the one thing I dislike about Bobo's products. The products always looked interesting so I eventually gave in and purchased the Stuff'd Chocolate Almond Butter Oat bar. It's too dry since it's barely filled and the macros just aren't worth it to me. I was happy to see they started doing bites but I'm still on the fence about even trying them. I feel like it will just taste similar.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    From the no one asked anyone to try these but they did so you wouldn't have to suffer file:

b05h6jp4aeix.jpg

I was eyeing these and finally broke down because who doesn't like cinnamon rolls and cheese danish?

Sooooooooooooo not worth the calories. The outside bready part was pretty dry and the icing kinda messy so I sort of tore the outside part off to get to the middle on both.

The cinnamon roll middle was pretty good (altho still dry). The cheese danish middle? What kind of hell cheese did they use? I'll stick with Starbucks if I need a cheese danish that badly altho I DO love me some mini danishes from the bakery. :)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I got samples of these fieldstone bakery items.. if you are in healthcare or teaching can request samples on their website. Oh boy....it’s very tempting to eat all the brownies. 510 cal per brownie!!! Definitely an indulgence... but so worth it. They were huge. One is the size of an iPhone X. I just loved these cosmic style brownies and it brings me back to childhood. The frosting was sooo good. Better than I remember. a6g7c98eby6y.jpeg
    The donuts were nothing special. Just tasted like traditional donut. I tried one. I never have had any other brand so can’t compare.w2g2tqzc7uyk.jpeg
    m1ism66q5or4.jpeg But it did show me that wow quest chocolate donut REALLY does taste like these! Maybe even better, lol.

Also forgot to add pic of pumpkin seeds. They were the size of sunflower seeds not the big ones I am used to. Loved the saltiness. Really loved these.

@Maxematics yes that is how I feel about BOBO bars. The big ones are dry and not that great. I really liked the bites but not is much I would recommend trying, they are so tiny too.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Smartbun is having a sale with free shipping. I loved these when I tried them a year ago so I think I may buy some again. Has anyone had the cakes? I’ve only had the slim thin ones which I loved. Wondering if these are as good before I buy. bjibpwh8kd6x.jpeg
    4wzz73ejr1xv.jpeg