• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    shartran wrote: »
    Since you 'hate' to throw them away, do it away...Next time you probably won't buy them because you threw away your money on the ones you threw out! It's not really 'food' any way...it does NOTHING for you - why consume it, there's plenty of other 'good for you' foods that taste devine that you should have in it's place:)

You'll have to let us all know what you ended up doing??

Since when are donuts not food? Are they made of plastic. The one I ate today fit nicely into my day and tasted like food.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    jessij215 wrote: »
    When you have not so healthy food in the house (that you know you won't be satisfied until they're gone) and you can't throw them out, is it better to just eat them up and get rid of them or is it better to stretch out the sabotage over multiple days? For example my husband brought home some doughnuts, should we get them eaten up and have 1 REALLY bad day, or have a couple of pretty bad caloric days?

if either you or your husband work in an office, bring it there and let everyone else share the calories.
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    Options

That's why it's best not to avoid completely what you love so you don't have those binge feelings once you're in the presence of those foods. But you know what? Good for you for not having any dessert food for so long. Why? Cuz you let your brain win and not the lifeless food. You chose, you didn't let the food choose for you. Point proven.

Did you even read my post?

• ndj1979
    Options
    shartran wrote: »
    Since you 'hate' to throw them away, do it away...Next time you probably won't buy them because you threw away your money on the ones you threw out! It's not really 'food' any way...it does NOTHING for you - why consume it, there's plenty of other 'good for you' foods that taste devine that you should have in it's place:)

You'll have to let us all know what you ended up doing??

what????

so the 350 calories are not broken down as energy and used for bodily function?

if it does nothing then it would have to be zero calories…I am unaware of any zero calorie donuts….
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options

That's why it's best not to avoid completely what you love so you don't have those binge feelings once you're in the presence of those foods. But you know what? Good for you for not having any dessert food for so long. Why? Cuz you let your brain win and not the lifeless food. You chose, you didn't let the food choose for you. Point proven.

Did you notice you proved my point?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I'll take success any way I can and if that includes controlling my environment, so be it. Self-control is overrated, and it is easily exhausted. Why make it any harder than it has to be?

Surely a couple can establish some house rules around food. We do it around smoking!

that may be the dumbest statement I have ever heard…

based on that you should never leave the house and go to dunken donuts because you would just eat everything in the store...
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Your point appears to be that people should both eat their binge foods and avoid their binge foods.

That makes no sense at all
  • dimeda78
    dimeda78 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This is so funny! I transferred at work yesterday and the people at the place I left gave me 1 dozen krispy kreme donuts as a going away gift even though the know I'm "watching what I eat". Anyway, I ate one and my kids wiped out the rest. BTW, they are old enough to know better.
  • dimeda78
    dimeda78 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Oh, I was still under goal with my calories after the donut.
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I made bread pudding with plain donuts once. It was amazing. You could bake it, then freeze it in portions so you can't stuff yourself silly in one night.
    Woah, that sounds good!
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I, for instance, stopped eating dessert foods 10 years ago. My husband loves dessert food and brings it home all the time. For the most part, I don't think twice about it -- it's not my food, it's not my business. It might as well be brussel sprouts.

Your point appears to be that people should both eat their binge foods and avoid their binge foods.

That makes no sense at all

If you ate those cookies a little bit more often, I assure you that you wouldn't binge on them every single time they were brought home. You know what self control is. You said yourself you've been doing that for the past TEN YEARS. Just because it's in the house doesn't mean YOU have to eat it. That's my point, you decide. You don't let food decide. AGAIN, POINT PROVEN. Thank you for that. :drinker:
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I made bread pudding with plain donuts once. It was amazing. You could bake it, then freeze it in portions so you can't stuff yourself silly in one night.

I love bread pudding too much. This sounds amazing!
  • Aviva92
    edited January 2015
    Options
    just caught up on the thread. should have realized it would turn into an argument.

you shouldn't worry about food getting thrown out. if your husband can't finish it himself, then too bad. let him throw it out. you don't have to eat it if you don't want to.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Wasting food makes me sad, seriously. I don't care what you do with it, eat it, freeze it, share it, give to a friend, neighbor, a struggling single parent. Just don't throw it away.
  • Aviva92
    edited January 2015
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    just caught up on the thread. should have realized it would turn into an argument.

you shouldn't worry about food getting thrown out. if your husband can't finish it himself, then too bad. let him throw it out. you don't have to eat it if you don't want to.

Why does he have to throw it out?
    If he doesn't finish it today, he can't finish it tomorrow?

my point is, she isn't required to eat it. he can do with it what he wants. of course that's exactly what i said, but you read something else in my post.
  • Aviva92
    Options
    Wasting food makes me sad, seriously. I don't care what you do with it, eat it, freeze it, share it, give to a friend, neighbor, a struggling single parent. Just don't throw it away.

i throw away food i can't finish all the time, usually because it eventually goes bad. that's how life is in a first world country.