Replies

• Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    (duplicate post)
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Just remember that anger corrodes the vessel that contains it. I divorced in 1997 and my Ex drank himself to death 2 years ago, but I got over the anger pretty quickly as I watched his life deteriorate (his own very bad choices) and mine improve. During the divorce process, I found additional dirt on him (he'd forged my name on an insurance claim check when he totaled his car and spent part of the money on himself, letters from his girlfriend to him that were so sickeningly sweet I wanted to brush my teeth afterwards). After awhile it was almost funny, and just gave me more ammunition.

Focus on living your own life. Your Ex will always occupy a piece of real estate in your brain, but the smaller, the better,
  • PeanutButterLuver
    Options
    I'd like to hear his side before I pass judgement. Just sayin.
  • DistantJ
    DistantJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I wish Id seperated from my cheating lying wife years ago, but stayed together for the sake of the kids. Things have never been good since then and that was twenty years ago. You just dont forget you can never ever trust them again. I so wish we had split up when I found out about it but its too late now our lives have been ruined by it ever since. You did the right thing i did the wrong thing, good for you. XX

Crap. That isn't what I wanted to hear. I thought it was just me who had a hard time working past it and not trusting and that if I worked at it hard enough, I would. Or I at least wouldn't care anymore!

Yargh.

Anyway...original poster...atta girl. :) Have a happy and healthy life!
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    think....... did you give him a reason to wander?????

if not shame on him...

if so...shame on you...
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    you lucky ! lol! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Is there an acceptable reason for infidelity?
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for you, that you are separated at least. Take it slow.
  • PeanutButterLuver
    Options
    Depends??

If he's not getting any he's going to go looking for it elsewhere. I'm not condoning infidelity by no means. There are always two sides.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Like Louis CK always says. ZERO percent of good marriages end in divorce.
    And the ones that do......STOP saying sorry to those people and making them feel ****ty for feeling so much better.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options

if not shame on him...

if so...shame on you...

Shame on you....if your given a reason to wander then leave before you do so, really it's not that hard. Walk away and then go get ya some. You took a vow to be faithful at least honor that for the time you are together. And if you think it's okay to wander just because you think you have a good reason, it's really sad to think that's some people mentallity. SAD SAD SAD
  • matthew_b
    matthew_b Posts: 137 Member
    Options

Cheaters are evil, despicable people. Just sayin.

Leave, don't cheat.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options

Oooooow!!! Burn. :love: :love

Orangepeel-1.gif

Too many ppl stay in loveless marriages and when they say they did it for "the kids" makes me sick.
    You did what for your kids? :huh:

Staying w/someone for ten years and only 2 of them were good? What a shame.
    Shame on both of you.
  • Ampierce
    Ampierce Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    There is no excuse to wander...

If you want to go somewhere else and be with other people, then be honest with your partner (they deserve that much) and just go. If you want to stay and make things better, that takes both people actively working at it ALL of the time.
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options

if not shame on him...

if so...shame on you...
    That's not a fair statement. Even if she made him unhappy, he should have ended it with her before finding someone new
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Depends??

If he's not getting any he's going to go looking for it elsewhere. I'm not condoning infidelity by no means. There are always two sides.

What, we might not be getting the objective, unbiased truth on an Internet forum post?!?!?!

I'm shocked.
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Like Louis CK always says. ZERO percent of good marriages end in divorce.
    And the ones that do......STOP saying sorry to those people and making them feel ****ty for feeling so much better.
    Ha I love that guy
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options

Oooooow!!! Burn. :love: :love

Orangepeel-1.gif

Too many ppl stay in loveless marriages and when they say they did it for "the kids" makes me sick.
    You did what for your kids? :huh:

Staying w/someone for ten years and only 2 of them were good? What a shame.
    Shame on both of you.

Stayed for the kids=stayed in a relationship so ****ty that you were miserable. How miserable? Enough to drag down the ENTIRE household.

My parents stayed together for "us". Would have been MUCH, MUCH better if they just split.
  • mitch356356
    Options
    Calling him out online?? Classy