Busy mom's fun at home fitness!

Options

Replies

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,805 Member
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    I hope so. Got up extra early to get 2.5 mi. in but work is getting hectic so I have to keep my stress hormones in line.

Great job, Lizzy! So proud of you :)
  • jm216
    Options
    It's Friday! It's Mother's Day weekend! Get out there and have fun! B)

Jill
  • icanplay3
    icanplay3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! I love this thread! I am a single Mom and keeping the house clean, cooking/prepping meals and getting the laundry done in addition to Mommy duties and a full time job are time consuming enough so I don't ever feel like I have time for exercise! But you've motivated me to thoroughly clean my house this weekend! I always work up a good sweat while cleaning! I'd like to add you too - I need more friends as mine keep dropping off somehow. I still have 103 lbs to lose!
  • jm216
    Options
    icanplay3 wrote: »
    Happy Friday! I love this thread! I am a single Mom and keeping the house clean, cooking/prepping meals and getting the laundry done in addition to Mommy duties and a full time job are time consuming enough so I don't ever feel like I have time for exercise! But you've motivated me to thoroughly clean my house this weekend! I always work up a good sweat while cleaning! I'd like to add you too - I need more friends as mine keep dropping off somehow. I still have 103 lbs to lose!

We have plenty to do at home, so we might as well make it fun, and burn calories while we do it!
  • jm216
    Options
    <3 Happy Mother's Day! <3
  • jm216
    Options
    I'm gearing up for my annual garage sale in June. I love to go through my house and clutter clear. Today it's my closet. Now that I've lost about 30 pounds it's time to get rid of what doesn't fit anymore, and what I don't love. Time for fun music and dancing...after I get the dog to the groomer, and the kids to school. Have a terrific Tuesday!

Jill
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Clearing the old baggy clothes from the closet feels wonderful and freeing. Enjoy your day. I'm stuck at work but plan to eat outside for lunch so I can at least get some sun.
  • jm216
    Options
    Clearing the old baggy clothes from the closet feels wonderful and freeing. Enjoy your day. I'm stuck at work but plan to eat outside for lunch so I can at least get some sun.

Enjoy your lunch! B)
  • jm216
    Options
    I want to cut the grass, but it's cold and damp this morning....back to the closets!
  • ToulaNac
    ToulaNac Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm currently a stay at home mom since being laid off a couple months ago so the bulk of the work around home is mine since I'm here most of the day. On top of that I have (almost) 3 year old triplets to chase after. We play "chase" around the house to get my steps in...lol...and they think I'm crazy but that's ok...lol. I try to fit in an at-home workout after they go to sleep at night. I use YouTube workout videos and either body weight, small hand weights, or kettle bell. Feel free to add me to MFP, Fitbit https://www.fitbit.com/user/3DNTCR, or Instagram " whatatrip3 ". Love having like-minded friends for motivation!
  • jm216
    Options
    ToulaNac wrote: »
    Hey all! I'm currently a stay at home mom since being laid off a couple months ago so the bulk of the work around home is mine since I'm here most of the day. On top of that I have (almost) 3 year old triplets to chase after. We play "chase" around the house to get my steps in...lol...and they think I'm crazy but that's ok...lol. I try to fit in an at-home workout after they go to sleep at night. I use YouTube workout videos and either body weight, small hand weights, or kettle bell. Feel free to add me to MFP, Fitbit https://www.fitbit.com/user/3DNTCR, or Instagram " whatatrip3 ". Love having like-minded friends for motivation!

You are awesome! We'd love to have you join!
  • KLavallee322
    KLavallee322 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I like to help keep it fun by playing "Just Dance" with my daughter. Man...that game is a workout! One of them has the option to "Just Sweat"...you really do sweat!
  • jm216
    Options
    I like to help keep it fun by playing "Just Dance" with my daughter. Man...that game is a workout! One of them has the option to "Just Sweat"...you really do sweat!

That game is awesome and a fun workout for you and your daughter!
  • Lizzy622
    Options
    My baby boy (18 years old) just came home with the college freshman 15. We have vowed to get each other out in the morning. It's nice to have company. :)
  • jm216
    Options
    My baby boy (18 years old) just came home with the college freshman 15. We have vowed to get each other out in the morning. It's nice to have company. :)

Walking buddies are the BEST!
  • Lizzy622
    Options
    Dog came with us too this morning but had to be carried part of the way. Carrying 19 pound dog - I should get extra calories :D
  • jm216
    Options
    Dog came with us too this morning but had to be carried part of the way. Carrying 19 pound dog - I should get extra calories :D

Absolutely! Strength and cardio!
  • jm216
    Options
    It's time to laundry dance! I actually look forward to folding clothes...well, most of the time. ;)
  • Wrecka31
    Wrecka31 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one who marches in place while doing laundry! I also tend to dance every chance I get!! I have a memebership at a local recreational center that has a small fitness room. So my kids can play in there area while I get in a quick workout. It's dirt cheap which makes it pressure free. I work full time and can't always make it to the gym so why waste money on an expensive memebership? My primary source of working out is done in the comfort of my own home with my personal workout equipment such as a stationary bike, stability ball and hand weights. I also work with an online trainer through an app called Fitnet. Short workouts, can do them any time of day, it's flexible. Love it!!
  • jm216
    Options
    Wrecka31 wrote: »
    I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one who marches in place while doing laundry! I also tend to dance every chance I get!! I have a memebership at a local recreational center that has a small fitness room. So my kids can play in there area while I get in a quick workout. It's dirt cheap which makes it pressure free. I work full time and can't always make it to the gym so why waste money on an expensive memebership? My primary source of working out is done in the comfort of my own home with my personal workout equipment such as a stationary bike, stability ball and hand weights. I also work with an online trainer through an app called Fitnet. Short workouts, can do them any time of day, it's flexible. Love it!!

Nice job! I'll have to try Fitnet