Busy mom's fun at home fitness!

Options

Replies

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,810 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I tackled the garage and won...
    Today I'm taking on the lawn...then haircuts for the kids after school, and a Cross Country meeting for upcoming Freshmen. Today is gonna be awesome, can you feel it? B)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Sounds like lots of calorie burning going on there. I'm stuck with another late work day. Enjoy
  • jm216
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    Sounds like lots of calorie burning going on there. I'm stuck with another late work day. Enjoy

Tuesday and Wednesday are my days off, so I try to torch the calories in the yard and cleaning up around the house.
  • jm216
    Options
    10,034 steps yesterday....was speed walking around my family room at 5 minutes to midnight to squeeze in those last 200 steps! :D

How did you do?
  • jm216
    Options
    It's the first day of a new month. Bring it on, June!
  • jm216
    Options
    Cut the grass yesterday, and shampooed carpet on the first floor. Felt great and slept like a log!
  • jm216
    Options
    Last day of school! Bring on Summer!
  • Lizzy622
    Options
    Went away with the hubby to Niagara Falls - over 40,000 steps in 2 days. We walked everywhere including back and forth over the bridge to Canada. :)
  • jm216
    Options
    Went away with the hubby to Niagara Falls - over 40,000 steps in 2 days. We walked everywhere including back and forth over the bridge to Canada. :)

That's awesome, Lizzy!
  • Lizzy622
    Options
    The weekend after vacation is always catch up time. I did about 7 loads of laundry and am not caught up yet. My son wants to do a long hike this weekend. We have many gorgeous rails to trails near my house and he wants to do a 5 mile one. It should be fun.
  • jm216
    Options
    The weekend after vacation is always catch up time. I did about 7 loads of laundry and am not caught up yet. My son wants to do a long hike this weekend. We have many gorgeous rails to trails near my house and he wants to do a 5 mile one. It should be fun.

Laundry is the perfect workout buddy...it's always there for you!
  • jm216
    Options
    I've got double dogs this week! :)
    We're watching my neighbor's dog while they're on vacation, so Roxie has a week with her bff...best furry friend!
  • Lizzy622
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    I've got double dogs this week! :)
    We're watching my neighbor's dog while they're on vacation, so Roxie has a week with her bff...best furry friend!
    Double the exercise walking them. I remember taking my sister-in-laws 2 dogs out together. It is fine when they stay together and walk in the same direction but can be very challenging when they decide to tangle up and keep crossing over each other. Enjoy. HAPPY FRIDAY

• jm216
    Options
    Today is our last day of watching Molly....Roxie will be sad tomorrow when she goes home.
  • jm216
    Options
    I'm looking forward to being outside doing yard work tomorrow. <3
  • jm216
    Options
    I'm looking forward to being outside doing yard work tomorrow. <3

My lawnmower is not loving me. It won't start. I wonder how long it would take to hand-scissor?!?! :D
  • jm216
    Options
    Happy Saturday!
  • jm216
    Options
    Getting my act back together :#

Yard work yesterday, and housework =one tired but happy girl!

Jill
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Great thread :-) I too do house work and workout at the same time. I find a show I enjoy and fill the sink with hot soapy water, and drag all the clean laundry to the living room. I fold laundry while the show is on, then on the commercial I run back to the kitchen and wash dishes, then after the commercial I run back to the living room and do an exercise move (squats, jumping jacks, high knees, pushups, planks, etc...) for 3-5 minutes, then fold laundry to the next commercial. Sounds weird, but it gets ALL the work done :-) Then after my show, I often either run on the treadmill for a mile and work through the grade percentages, or I will lift heavy with my weights! Us Mommas gotta do what we can to get it all done. I have to wait until my daughter goes to bed, so making the most of my evenings is important!
  • jm216
    Options
    jrue1985 wrote: »
    Great thread :-) I too do house work and workout at the same time. I find a show I enjoy and fill the sink with hot soapy water, and drag all the clean laundry to the living room. I fold laundry while the show is on, then on the commercial I run back to the kitchen and wash dishes, then after the commercial I run back to the living room and do an exercise move (squats, jumping jacks, high knees, pushups, planks, etc...) for 3-5 minutes, then fold laundry to the next commercial. Sounds weird, but it gets ALL the work done :-) Then after my show, I often either run on the treadmill for a mile and work through the grade percentages, or I will lift heavy with my weights! Us Mommas gotta do what we can to get it all done. I have to wait until my daughter goes to bed, so making the most of my evenings is important!

Awesome job, Jrue! Nice workout plan...love your circuit training!

Jill