SUPERBOWL - How Will You Get Through It?

Options

Replies

• belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    The same things I do every other day.

Yep.

It helps not being a football, fan too. ;)

Now, come the spring, that will be something else.
  • kali_athena
    kali_athena Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'll be making my own snacks!

Baked ranch chicken tenders with buffalo sauce to dip, oven fries, carrots, and celery.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    aplcr0331 wrote: »
    rjmudlax13 wrote: »
    Pretty much I will be a healthy social human being.

Boring! You should not watch the game because they're all cheaters and by watching the game you'll be a cheater too. Probably a fattie boom-battie cheater.

I mean really, who wants to hang out with family and friends when I can keep company with myself and utilize my superior sports hating intellect to judge all dumb people who watch sports.?

Next thing you know all those fat losers watching grown men play grab *kitten* will laugh and enjoy themselves. Can you believe the audacity of some of these fatties? Smiling and laughing with friends? What a bunch of simplistic maroons.

I'm gonna give myself a Kale enema, roll my pantlegs, and wash my Prius with an environementally safe locally sourced soap like substance while mocking beer drinking rednecks watching disgusting foosball.

lol...How do you not have any friends yet?
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Joining the same things I do every other day crowd. I'll possibly do laundry. Don't care about the Super Bowl at all. Neither does my husband.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Joining the same things I do every other day crowd. I'll possibly do laundry. Don't care about the Super Bowl at all. Neither does my husband.

I care about Marshawn lynch pre and post interviews.

• SandyCoils
    SandyCoils Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I use to worry about this, but really, I didn't gain weight because I overindulged on Christmas, or the Super Bowl or New Years. I gained weight because I overindulged almost every day. So now that I control what I eat every day, I take the holidays "off".

This!!!!! This is so real. After the almost 2 weeks I have been on here, I have gotten used to logging everything that goes into my mouth so that I do not overindulge. So far, I have not yet gone over my daily cals and I am trying really hard to stay on that streak. It is truly an eye-opener for me. After looking back, some days I was eating insane amounts of food without any thought as to calories and/or nutrients. I never once thought that Coco from Dunkin Donuts was 450 cals, or a fried shrimp/seafood platter could be upwards of 1700cals. This (MFP) is my new home and most likely I will forever need this place/app to make my goals and maintain them.
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I will eat some buffalo wings because they are from heaven o:)
    Other than than, my close friend and I are planning most of the food for my superbowl party and have similar goals, so we are making macro-friendly treats, like zucchini/pizza bites, a healthy version of chicken & waffle bites (protein waffles & crusted baked chicken), etc.
    There will obviously be tons of beer and unhealthy foods/treats that others bring as well, but as longs as we have some good options, it's not an issue.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Riding my bike in the morning to increase calorie allowance (if not freezing, 60 miles). Then I'm going to eat a lot of pizza and appetizers that I make myself (turkey meatballs and buffalo cauliflower), drink a lot of water, and enjoy the game. No dog in this hunt, but I never miss watching a Superbowl and all the corny ads. Will root for the Hawks though.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    SandyCoils wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    BFDeal wrote: »
    2100 would be right below what goal for the day anyhow. Maybe I'll just wait to eat until it starts or eat a small breakfast/lunch in addition and break even for the day.

No, no, they're saying that just during the time of the Superbowl - not the rest of the day, but in those few hours people consume an average of 2100 cals!!!! I was mortified!

But if you think about it, it's kind of like a holiday...for many people, that will be the primary eating (drinking) for that day and 2100 calories isn't really a big deal. I maintain on 2800- 3000 so even if I eat around 3200 - 3500 calories for the day, it's only one day...it's not biggie in the grand scheme of things.

Really, for breakfast I'll probably have a bagel and some peanut butter before my ride and then do whatever for the actual game. My guess is that I'll not be particularly hungry for an actual dinner...so in reality, I might not even hit maintenance.

Wait, wait wait! you maintain on 2800-3000 cals a day? Good grief!!! For my weight loss plan, I should not go over 1740. Wow.

On average I ride 60 - 80 miles per week for general fitness...I'm actually more like 80 - 100 miles per week right now as I'm just starting my spring training and that will only increase as we move into actual spring. When I get into April/May I will have difficulty keeping my intake up as to not lose weight as I'll be hitting close to 150 miles or so per week.

I also do Olympic weight lifting 3x weekly which is not only a great strength and power workout, but a great metabolic workout as well. Beyond that, outside of my office I'm just generally pretty active...when I'm not at the office I'm on my feet a lot chasing my 4 y.o. and 2 y.o. around...fixing and cleaning and doing yard maintenance, walking around the zoo, etc. It's never a dull moment. Even on my rest days I walk a good 3-5 miles.

That said, my maintenance number goes down to around 2600ish calories in the fall and early winter as I spend far less time on my bike and more time in the weight room.

Your maintenance is relative to your stats as well as your activity level...
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I will not even know it's on. B) The gym should be empty. YAY!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I just realized it's TPC Scottsdale weekend and the Wild have an afternoon game Sunday....well I know where I'm spending my Sunday after hockey practice.
  • SandyCoils
    SandyCoils Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    2100 would be right below what goal for the day anyhow. Maybe I'll just wait to eat until it starts or eat a small breakfast/lunch in addition and break even for the day.

No, no, they're saying that just during the time of the Superbowl - not the rest of the day, but in those few hours people consume an average of 2100 cals!!!! I was mortified!

But if you think about it, it's kind of like a holiday...for many people, that will be the primary eating (drinking) for that day and 2100 calories isn't really a big deal. I maintain on 2800- 3000 so even if I eat around 3200 - 3500 calories for the day, it's only one day...it's not biggie in the grand scheme of things.

Really, for breakfast I'll probably have a bagel and some peanut butter before my ride and then do whatever for the actual game. My guess is that I'll not be particularly hungry for an actual dinner...so in reality, I might not even hit maintenance.

Wait, wait wait! you maintain on 2800-3000 cals a day? Good grief!!! For my weight loss plan, I should not go over 1740. Wow.

On average I ride 60 - 80 miles per week for general fitness...I'm actually more like 80 - 100 miles per week right now as I'm just starting my spring training and that will only increase as we move into actual spring. When I get into April/May I will have difficulty keeping my intake up as to not lose weight as I'll be hitting close to 150 miles or so per week.

I also do Olympic weight lifting 3x weekly which is not only a great strength and power workout, but a great metabolic workout as well. Beyond that, outside of my office I'm just generally pretty active...when I'm not at the office I'm on my feet a lot chasing my 4 y.o. and 2 y.o. around...fixing and cleaning and doing yard maintenance, walking around the zoo, etc. It's never a dull moment. Even on my rest days I walk a good 3-5 miles.

That said, my maintenance number goes down to around 2600ish calories in the fall and early winter as I spend far less time on my bike and more time in the weight room.

Your maintenance is relative to your stats as well as your activity level...

WOW!!!! That's awesome! Gives me something to look forward to as I get more fit and take more control over my life. I'm sure I wont be that active, but man, what an inspiration.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Superbowl won't affect me at all. I don't care for tv sports so I won't be watching and have never gone to a Superbowl party. Those NFL freaks of nature have never come to watch me work either, so I guess it is mutual.

I have found over the years that game time is a good time to go for a run or get some shopping done. The streets are nearly empty.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    OF COURSE! I will get through it watching those sexy butts... oh yeah!, BRING ON THE DRINKS!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    super_bowl.png
  • tracie999
    tracie999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I would take my own snacks
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Superbowl means nothing to me this year, so .. nothing! :) I'm not a Superbowl party kind of girl anyway though. It'll be a normal day.
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    aplcr0331 wrote: »
    rjmudlax13 wrote: »
    Pretty much I will be a healthy social human being.

Boring! You should not watch the game because they're all cheaters and by watching the game you'll be a cheater too. Probably a fattie boom-battie cheater.

I mean really, who wants to hang out with family and friends when I can keep company with myself and utilize my superior sports hating intellect to judge all dumb people who watch sports.?

Next thing you know all those fat losers watching grown men play grab *kitten* will laugh and enjoy themselves. Can you believe the audacity of some of these fatties? Smiling and laughing with friends? What a bunch of simplistic maroons.

I'm gonna give myself a Kale enema, roll my pantlegs, and wash my Prius with an environementally safe locally sourced soap like substance while mocking beer drinking rednecks watching disgusting foosball.

Lmaoooo I love you
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    super_bowl.png

Hooray for snacks!
  • LuckyStar813
    LuckyStar813 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I will be watching Kitten Bowl instead :p

FTW! kitten.jpg