Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Ack I'm 22 pages behind!

I'm in book-mourning as I've just finished the latest book in the Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones for you tv people) and the next one isn't even finished being written. Boo!

I'm not sure if book-mourning is a real phrase, but I know several people on this thread will know exactly what I mean.

If that isn't a real phrase it definitely should be. I know I've felt it before and I probably will again.

I totally get book-mourning, especially after a series. (I'm looking at YOU, Rick Riordan!)

ME TOO!!! I read constantly. One of my favorite series is by Patrick Rothfuss. The first book is called The Name of the Wind. The series isn't finished and the waiting for book 3 has been DREADFULLY long.

ETA - Also, The Song of Ice and Fire series is amazing. I totally understand your mourning. Also, I loved Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series! I think we might have similar taste in books!

I didn't read that first series mentioned, you quoted me and another poster (@spamarie). :) I've read Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, his Heroes of Olympus series, and his Kane Chronicles and loved all of them! I really enjoy kid-friendly books that have good plots. :)

Sway by Amber McRee Turner is a really amazing child friendly book. I loved it

Ooh, I LOVE getting book recommendations that I might actually be able to read! Thank you! :)

I actually went through my Kindle the other day and was going to write down all the one I thought you might like but I thought you might think that was weird :)

I definitely wouldn't! I love to read, but there are so few books that I'm able to read due to my phobia, and I'm also afraid to go LOOKING for books because I don't know how to determine how "safe" they are. I'd love any recommendations you could give me. :)
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    Oh, also not so much a confession, but I know there was a lot of discussion about cauliflower as a substitute for things on this thread a few (well a lot of) pages back... I finally got around to making 'cauliflower rice' (aka cauliflower haha) and had it with curry I made from scratch. Consider me converted, it's amaaaazingggg. So few calories, so much yumminess!

Told you so! ;) I was the one who brought that up, actually; I'd be happy to share my mixed fried cauliflower rice recipe if you want to try another one! :)

Oh that sounds delicious! @Susieq_1994 - would you please share the mixed fried cauliflower rice recipe? Also, if you have a recipe for a cauliflower-type cheesy fake mashed potato dish, I'd love that, too!

Sure, I'll send it to you in a private message. :) I'm personally not a fan of replacing potatoes with cauliflower (I don't think the taste or texture come close enough), so I've never tried that particular substitution. But the rice is really close, enough that you hardly notice the difference at all!

@KrisiAnnH I'll send it to you as well. ;)

Thank you! I'll report back with how it went :) haha.
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994, have you tried the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare? If the Percy Jackson books are okay for you, that series might be too, and they're also young adult fantasy/fiction.

I've never heard of it, but I'll look it up. :)

I can second this recommendation! The books are great :)
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, really appreciate the support :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    @riderfangal Good luck tonight! For me, having the "house to myself" used to mean "license to binge without anyone noticing." I would eat lots of junk and veg out in front of the TV. Those habits are still really ingrained in me, to the point where if I think I'll have some alone time, my first thought is "what can I eat?" I'm working really hard to change this, though.

I'm a boredom/emotional eater, so a night alone if I was feeling worried about something would be a recipe for a pint of ice cream, chips with cheese dip and pizza!

That is exactly me. I have been really good about not doing that in the last 6 months but for some reason today it's all I am thinking about. :(
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Well my son is going to his dads tonight and that is always as most of you guys know super worrisome for me. I am resisting the urge to stop at the grocery store and buy a big bag of chips and maybe some dip and dive in and not surface out them til morning.

Oh no. :( After learning what his dad is like, I can't help but worry right along with you! Just try to tell yourself that the chips won't help you feel any better and that they'll most likely make you feel worse because you've eaten too much--I try to tell myself that when I feel like overeating. You and your little are in my thoughts!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    @riderfangal Good luck tonight! For me, having the "house to myself" used to mean "license to binge without anyone noticing." I would eat lots of junk and veg out in front of the TV. Those habits are still really ingrained in me, to the point where if I think I'll have some alone time, my first thought is "what can I eat?" I'm working really hard to change this, though.

I'm a boredom/emotional eater, so a night alone if I was feeling worried about something would be a recipe for a pint of ice cream, chips with cheese dip and pizza!

That is exactly me. I have been really good about not doing that in the last 6 months but for some reason today it's all I am thinking about. :(

I can completely empathize! I would fixate over the pint of ice cream in the freezer and nothing would do until it was gone.

Over the last 6 months or so, I've discovered Weight Watchers Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sundaes in the freezer section. I've found that one (ok, sometimes 2) of those really satisfies that ice cream craving so that I don't feel like I'm denying myself.

Can you go to a book store or something this evening to fill some time so that you aren't as tempted to indulge? That would work for me.... I can lose hours browsing at a book store!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    I'm sorry guys, I have to skip the last 50 pages or so... I've had a very rough last couple of days. My husband had a seizure and ended up at the ER three days ago. It was a very traumatic experience for both of us. Long story short, hes okay now, but we're both shook up and scared. Hope everyone is doing alright

Wow how awful. I'm glad he's ok.

I'm hungry again. I hate those hormonal hunger days! I'm way over and ate things I shouldn't have eaten.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Stepdaughter was a no show. Again. A friend at my work suggested showing up where she works since she won't return messages from either one of us. I hate that it's come to this.

I wish I had words of wisdom. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this. I suspect step daughter is very messed up right now but that does not make your path any more clear. (HUGS)

Thanks. When I was talking to Mr. Mo, he said that the way she's acting right now reminds him of the way her mom acted when they were together. Thanks for the hugs.

That really stinks! What are you going to do with the cat while you're gone?

I messaged her last night and told her she has until today to come get her because Rach is staying with my mom and taking the dogs. She didn't respond, so I'm not really sure. Mr. Mo said that he thinks if we take her to the humane society, stepdaughter will never speak to him again, and I told him that's why I haven't done it yet. I really don't know what to do...

She has abandoned that cat. She clearly does not care about it and it deserves a chance at a good home. If that causes her to stop speaking to him, even after clearly telling her you can no longer care for it, then she is looking for an excuse and if it is not that, it will be something else. Please take that cat to the HS before you leave.

i agree with this.

i feel so terrible for you AND the cat, because neither of you asked for or deserve the mess you're stuck in.
    and if that's how she's going to treat her cat, she doesn't deserve to have a pet.

i really hope you'll be able to push this all out of your head for a bit so you can have a great vacation!

THIS SO MUCH
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Hey all, just checking in. Better day today. Meds taken, done lots of walking, had naughty treat (for breakfast no less), and chilling out this evening.

The good news is I've lost 4 of the 5lbs I gained in my pity-party binge cycle

YAY <3
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    @riderfangal - Is your date tomorrow? Do you know what your going to wear or what you're doing?

It is tomorrow. My stomach is turning already. I think we are just going to go to a lounge and watch a football game. I am a huge fan and he likes it too. I am actually really glad it is going to be low key. Honestly part of me is super excited and the other part is dreading it lol

Can't wait to hear about how it goes!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Stepdaughter was a no show. Again. A friend at my work suggested showing up where she works since she won't return messages from either one of us. I hate that it's come to this.

I wish I had words of wisdom. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this. I suspect step daughter is very messed up right now but that does not make your path any more clear. (HUGS)

Thanks. When I was talking to Mr. Mo, he said that the way she's acting right now reminds him of the way her mom acted when they were together. Thanks for the hugs.

I messaged her last night and told her she has until today to come get her because Rach is staying with my mom and taking the dogs. She didn't respond, so I'm not really sure. Mr. Mo said that he thinks if we take her to the humane society, stepdaughter will never speak to him again, and I told him that's why I haven't done it yet. I really don't know what to do...

She has abandoned that cat. She clearly does not care about it and it deserves a chance at a good home. If that causes her to stop speaking to him, even after clearly telling her you can no longer care for it, then she is looking for an excuse and if it is not that, it will be something else. Please take that cat to the HS before you leave.

i agree with this.

i feel so terrible for you AND the cat, because neither of you asked for or deserve the mess you're stuck in.
    and if that's how she's going to treat her cat, she doesn't deserve to have a pet.

i really hope you'll be able to push this all out of your head for a bit so you can have a great vacation!

I totally agree. I plan on not thinking about any of the stepdaughter drama the whole time we're gone.

Great plan! But you are gonna take the cat to HS first, right?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    I'm sorry guys, I have to skip the last 50 pages or so... I've had a very rough last couple of days. My husband had a seizure and ended up at the ER three days ago. It was a very traumatic experience for both of us. Long story short, hes okay now, but we're both shook up and scared. Hope everyone is doing alright

<3
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

i agree with this.

I totally agree. I plan on not thinking about any of the stepdaughter drama the whole time we're gone.

Great plan! But you are gonna take the cat to HS first, right?

Either there, or I will ask my mom if she would keep her at least until we get back.

• Francl27
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Confession - kinda losing it right now. My kids made a huge mess upstairs, and my husband (who's in the yard and not doing anything about it) just told me that he's going to go play poker with his friends tomorrow. Like I'm not already losing it with the kids all week, now he leaves on the week end too...

[edited by MFP Mods]
  • Francl27
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Bleh I'm feeling gross and fat and horrible for eating so much. The sad part is that I'm still not full. I just hate my body sometimes.

And with all those quick added calories in my diary I can't even remember everything that I ate.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Oh all the cat talk makes me sad as I cannot have any- I'm allergic :'(

My son is allergic too big time

So is my husband--He becomes almost comatose from the horrible reactions he gets. So now I'm begging for a rodent. :smiley: His reason for refusing a hamster/rat/whatever before was that they don't interact with humans in the same way a cat or dog do, and therefore just live their life unhappily in cages. So, I've been using all the awesome stories that @Italian_Buju has told us about her degu to convince him that they totally get fond of/interact with their owners and don't have to live their entire lives in cages. :p

Tell him that is so not true!!

My little guy would run up to the side of the cage as soon as he could see me, begging to be taken out!

He was even so smart....when I turn my TV off, it makes a chime sound, and no matter what he was doing, even sleeping, once he heard that sound he would get up and go to the front of the cage waiting for me to show up and pet him!

I think hamsters might be like that, but degus and rats LOVE human interaction!! It took a few weeks of him smelling me and getting used to me touching him so he would trust me, but the rest of his life he loved being out with me!

ETA: You can also tell him that degu are hypoallergenic, they do not make dander....that was one of the main reasons we chose him to start with, my daughter has allergies to a lot of animals.

I had rats (see above) and HIGHLY recommend them but I know nothing of degu and Italian_buju loved hers so that sounds good to me.

I had a friend's ferret for a year. Ferret was hilarious. I had a cat too and all night long the cat and ferret would take turns chasing each other Freddie did kind of stink and I was mildly allergic to him. The cat would chase the ferret and I'd wake up to the ferret running up my body under the covers next to me while the cat pounced and pounced up me on top of the covers trying to get him. I'm not sure I even had a cage for him. Once the cat got her claw caught in a small area rug and Freddie had her by the ear and was pulling her backward, dragging both her and the rug. As soon as I could stop laughing (she was pretty angry but could not do a thing) I set her free and the chase was on again. Ferrets are very entertaining and Freddie was very gentle and well, wimpy, but because I was mildly allergic to him and he did stink a little I just have never wanted to actually get a ferret. I like to visit with them though.

ETA, the cat and ferret were just about the same weight/size. They played and wrestled constantly. I laughed and laughed.

LOL! The cat was probably thinking just wait you little butthead.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I'm super excited about July 4th plans. SO is having a small gathering inspired by something I mentioned. He is making sou vide steak. I'm making German potato salad (my fav). Most importantly we are having a chocolate and wine pairing as part of the 4th of July celebration. I ordered the chocolate today after much research and quite frankly after many years of me eating fine dark chocolate. He took my chocolate selections and has wine for each of them. We'll do a small wine/chocolate serving, then dinner (with the featured wine) then finish with the wine & chocolate as desert. I love fine dark chocolate. Have I mentioned that?!? I had a nibble of a quite lovely 82% after dinner tonight. We can also see fireworks from his place and the couple he is inviting to join us are wonderful people. I'm looking forward to it.

Notes: I'm taking my dogs too, because the people invited are very much dog people and SO loves my dogs. I wanted to bring my daughter (she loves chocolate and really likes SO's cooking) but Ex won't go for it and daughter is not comfortable telling Ex she wants to come with me. Edit to add, it is his year to celebrate the 4th with her so it is his choice. I offered if he didn't have plans that she could come with me. He has not answered me but told daughter "I'll make plans." (grin -- at least daughter will get to do something fun.)

Note #2: I was a (mostly) vegetarian for almost a quarter of a century and a vegan for several years due to a childhood trauma with meat. I started eating small amounts of grass-fed beef a few years ago. I've never cared too much for the taste of meat. However, my SO can cook a steak so delicious that I could eat it at every meal. I still don't buy meat for home except for when my kids request it.

Yum sounds like it will be a fantastic & tasty time; hopefully, your ex will let her enjoy the fourth with you guys.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birday dear kelly_c_77, Happy birthday to you.

Awww!!!! You are so sweet! Thank you! <3
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birday dear kelly_c_77, Happy birthday to you.

*joins in*

I can't sing though, so I'm the tone deaf person in the background of your imagination. I hope you enjoy your cakey thing. :smile:

Thank you!!! :)

Happy Birthday!

I hope they have your dessert:D.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Ate too much for breakfast. Had a refried beans and steak burrito, then for some dumb reason decided to make myself a pop tart ice cream sandwich. Full now. Hopefully for a long time.

Sounds like a yummy breakfast & brunch! Which Pop-tarts & ice cream did you use?

I just ate some Honeydew melon & going to make my wrap with refried beans & mushrooms.

Of course I have some ice cream in my diary for dessert.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

I totally sympathize with this!

My "reasoning" for it goes back to when I had my ED and a lot of strange anxieties. When I was left alone in the house I would eat to prove that I was being good, to make sure that everyone came back safe. It was weird. Anyway, now that's such a habit that it just happens automatically pretty much every time even though I have the anxiety more under control.
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession - kinda losing it right now. My kids made a huge mess upstairs, and my husband (who's in the yard and not doing anything about it) just told me that he's going to go play poker with his friends tomorrow. Like I'm not already losing it with the kids all week, now he leaves on the week end too...

I'm so sorry you're dealing with such stress!! Ack! My sister has twin girls who are toddlers right now. They are into EVERYTHING! I've no idea how she manages to keep her sanity as the one who cares for them all day/night. Her husband pitches in, but he gets home from work, then goes outside to do his other "chores" often and doesn't give her a break. I wish I lived close enough to help out, but I'm 3.5 hours away from them by car. :(

I understand the stress and frustration, though... I hope your weekend gets WAY better and that you get some down time.

[edited by MFP Mods]