Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I confess, that sometimes the things that are normal in my line of work just makes me laugh when you look at them from outside.

Hematology needs to validate a new set of reagant controls? Pay a bunch of people to donate some blood during work hours!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I confess - I am in a TERRIBLE mood. I should go home and save my coworkers from myself...

Let's both go home!

Yes! "Hey boss, @bkhamill said I can go home! See ya Tuesday!" Not sure how well that would go over. LOL

Just tell your boss that you have a raging case of bad mood and you think it may become contagious.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I confess - I am in a TERRIBLE mood. I should go home and save my coworkers from myself...

Let's both go home!

Yes! "Hey boss, @bkhamill said I can go home! See ya Tuesday!" Not sure how well that would go over. LOL

Just tell your boss that you have a raging case of bad mood and you think it may become contagious.

That would be total truth! However, I stayed home with sick kid Tuesday, need to leave early next week for a retirement party, and I don't have a lot of leave built up. Boo.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I confess, that sometimes the things that are normal in my line of work just makes me laugh when you look at them from outside.

Hematology needs to validate a new set of reagant controls? Pay a bunch of people to donate some blood during work hours!

You're right, they do look funny! :D
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I am eating a sandwich, carrot sticks and cottage cheese as we speak for lunch and between you guys and Susie's cheesecake, it's making me sad

There, there. Birthday is now over and we're going back to our regularly scheduled chicken sandwiches. :p

I hope your birthday was amazing!! It's just that your cheesecake looked soooo yummy :smiley:

It was, and IT WAS. Mmm. So sad that it's all gone... Which is a good thing, really. I had THREE (!!) slices yesterday!!!!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    This poor thread is beginning to fade out. TWO (2!) posts yesterday. Only 10 the day before. This makes 4 today.

Confession: I want to eat cake for dinner.

Do it! I have. More times that I'd like to admit! ;)
    Also- I just finished a salted caramel flavored iced coffee...and thought of you with every sip. Kind of creepy, but true.

I ate popcorn and twizzlers for dinner last night.
    I didn't want to adult.

Tonight, I have to dine with the customer, so I did the adult thing and skipped lunch.
    Yeah, I really stink at adulting lately.

i never ever want to adult :/

After my last jury session, I refuse to adult. I do promise not to use my firearms and to only take my prescription drugs until I do feel like adulting again. Drugs and guns are such a poor mix...even when the same people aren't using them. I have sent two people to jail in the last six weeks because of drug impaired judgment. Sigh....glad jury duty is over for me for at least two years. It's interesting, but not what I want in a full time job.
    Count me in with not wanting to adult! I remember classmates in middle school talking about wanting to adult. Just thinking about the future kept me up at night.

I am still not adulting. Don't marry. Don't have kids. You just get money to play. It works.

Hahaha I love this, thanks @pofoster21 !!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Let's both go home!

Me three! Although I am done in ten minutes.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

At least they didn't call you because they had a trauma patient who needed it and your office is 100 yards from the blood bank (which happened to me a few weeks ago)
  • bkhamill
    Options

Let's both go home!

lucky you
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Let's both go home!

I'm done in 30!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I left early at 2 today, couldn't handle being three another two hours! Hello 3 day weekend woo hoo!!
  • bkhamill
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I left early at 2 today, couldn't handle being three another two hours! Hello 3 day weekend woo hoo!!

Ugghhh I am still here!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I confess that when my kids asked me what was for dinner, I said rocks and sticks. Then I proceeded to make cinnamon biscuits (rocks) and chicken tenders (sticks). Does that make me a bad mom?

And is my continued lack of adulting mitigated in any way by the fact that there is salad available?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Let's both go home!

lucky you

More like lucky them. More than 10 minutes and I might have taken someone's head off.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I left work early Wednesday and Thursday, and didn't go in at all today because this stupid sinus cold is kicking my butt. I'm hoping it goes away ASAP because this is not how I want to spend my Thanksgiving weekend!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    This poor thread is beginning to fade out. TWO (2!) posts yesterday. Only 10 the day before. This makes 4 today.

I know. To be honest I really want to keep this thread alive. It's still my favorite. I am amazingly loyal.

Wherever you guys run off to is my favorite! I'm loyal, too, but more to the threadies than the thread. :smiley:

Well there is that....but I have this stubborn streak. I feel like we met each other here, we should keep posting away!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I am eating a sandwich, carrot sticks and cottage cheese as we speak for lunch and between you guys and Susie's cheesecake, it's making me sad

I have decided today didn't happen. I will start again tomorrow.

It is not even 10 am here today and I have already decided today didn't happen and I will start again tomorrow - LOL! had my usual breakfast, then a donut, then a brownie, and I am sure other bad things will be had today. I woke up with a migraine at 3am and barely slept after that, have managed to get it enough under control to come to work but not sure it is going to stay that way.

yeah that piece of cheesecake last night and 2 glasses of wine did not sit well (weight wise) this am. sigh. being good today!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I know. To be honest I really want to keep this thread alive. It's still my favorite. I am amazingly loyal.

Wherever you guys run off to is my favorite! I'm loyal, too, but more to the threadies than the thread. :smiley:

Well there is that....but I have this stubborn streak. I feel like we met each other here, we should keep posting away!

This....

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I left work early Wednesday and Thursday, and didn't go in at all today because this stupid sinus cold is kicking my butt. I'm hoping it goes away ASAP because this is not how I want to spend my Thanksgiving weekend!

I hope you feel better soon.
  • ButBurgersAreDelicious
    Options
    I've been inactive for over three months, maintained, but didn't lose and feel shame.