Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Busy week coming up so for the stateside folks, can I get a HELLZ YEAH for this 4 day work week?!?! B)

You win the internet today my friend! Yayyy!!!

Ditto! I sooo need this day off!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Guys, remember that London Dairy new ice cream flavor I mentioned? The Red Velvet Cheesecake one? IT IS TO DIE FOR. Seriously. It's SO good! It has swirls of ooey gooey red velvet caramel-textured stuff, chunks of a dense, chewy red velvet cake, and generously sized chunks of cheesecake. The ice cream itself has a cream cheese-like taste, similar to cream cheese frosting but not as sweet or rich. SO GOOD.

The other two are okay. I'm just sad that the cheesecake one is finished because I shared it with my husband (he didn't like the other two). :p

This was not nice. I want this now.
  • amyford25
    amyford25 Posts: 85 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Is anyone here from Louisiana?

Louisiana here :blush:

ETA: Replied, then realized this was about 30 pages back or so... wow this thread moves fast! Carry on people :*
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    @riderfangal eee I know the feeling when the guy is nice enough but that spark just isn't there and he keeps trying to touch you haha I hate that! At least you made a new friend and now you don't have to think 'what if' if you hadn't gone!

Lol yep it was pretty awkward and I am actually glad I went! Thank you all for the positive thoughts this week

That is so awkward!
    I once went on a date and the guy was really into me, and I just was not feeling it....so we had went out for dinner and then went to a club I frequented....I thought he might have clued in when I kept introducing him as my friend and not my date, but he didn't. Finally, he leans into me and tells me how much he likes me....and I decide to be honest, and tell him he is a great guy but I am just not feeling it, that I will dance with him and such the rest of the night but I did not see it going anywhere.....he seemed fine, bought us another round of drinks, and then went to the bathroom, and NEVER RETURNED. He drove, so I was stranded a city away, at a night club. I was not impressed.....
    That's just terrible. Were you stuck there for a while?

That is a beautiful dress @Susieq_1994 ! I can't imagine having to actually walk in something like it though.
    Nice to see that even if there wasn't a spark, you were able to have a decent evening out with friends @riderfangal
    What's Garlic Allmanaise @CountessKitteh ?

My allergies were awful last night. Ugg...

It's kind of like garlic mayo. Haha.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    confession: i'm attempting to "date" again...and it's seemingly terrible. i think staying home, getting drunk and dancing around my kitchen with the dogs might be a way better option.

went out with a dude on saturday evening. went to a local bar for beverages and chatting, and had a really fun time. i'd had a few dates previously that were kinda meh, so i thought ok cool, finally a fun time!

have some beverages, play a bunch of songs on the jukebox (are they still called that?), lots of fun convo and eventually the evening wears down and it's time to call it a night. and dude's like oh, i'm having such a good time with you, let's go back to your place to "snuggle" for a while. (and yes, he literally said snuggle).

ummm...no?
    and he starts to get all huffy about it. and i'm like dude, i had a lot of fun on this FIRST date, but i think there should be a few more before i'm inviting you back to my place. and he starts freaking out, wanting to know how i couldn't trust him, he's such a good guy and just liked being with me so much he didn't see what the big deal was. he just wants to hold me and snuggle for awhile! so we argue back and forth about it for a few minutes and finally i say i'm done, have a good night and leave.

seriously? yeah because trying to guilt me into letting you come over to my place is an AWESOME first date.

then i get home and i have all these msg's from him saying he's leaving the dating website he found me on because he just can't handle how ppl are, and what was my problem that i couldn't trust him?!

well duh, we live in the same area, of course that makes him trustworthy!

sigh... :s

I am sorry but seriously... what is with people.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Busy week coming up so for the stateside folks, can I get a HELLZ YEAH for this 4 day work week?!?! B)

Well I have Friday booked off because it's SO's Birthday so can I join in on the fun? :smile:

Hmmm a Brit celebrating the US independence day? ;)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Good morning from page 1087!!! I'm never going to get caught up. :p

I crossed something off my bucket list this weekend - white water rafting! It was so fun! I have a busy, busy week this week and leave for vacation in two weeks, so I'll probably be hit and miss around here. See you all when things mellow out.

I have always wanted to try this!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I didn't check the thread on Saturday or Sunday and came back to 20+ pages this morning. I had a pretty good weekend with the family. It is a week before TOM, so I kept snacking on ALL the food, didn't log food yesterday, and gave up on Saturday. Today is a new day and I'll do better, so the pity party is cancelled and I'm moving on with my life. Since I was so far behind there were a couple posts I wanted to comment on:
    @pofoster21 - Awesome job on the 5K!
    @Susieq_1994 - Thanks for starting the recipe group! My husband and I have a weird sense of humor together that most people would think is mean too, but we get it and that's all that is important!
    @orangesmartie - Glad you had fun at the zoo with Charlie! Good luck on climbing the mountain in the dark! You got this! Oh, and talk to your boyfriend!!!!
    @Italian_Buju - Sorry things aren't going well with your SO. Can you talk to him about what's wrong or is it just too much stuff? Feel free to vent here. Hugs! And can't believe that guy left you at the club! Kudos to you for being honest with him!
    @TigerNY128 - I hope you have a fabulous vacation!
    @riderfangal - At least you made a new friend on your date! Does your son ever talk about his dad when he comes home? Do you have any basis for him not seeing his dad?
    @Lois_1988 - Personally I couldn't do low carb. I know it works for some people, but I love carbs! I know someone mentioned seeing a nurse, so that might be something to look into or seeing a nutritionist.
    @Coastalpath - I'm sorry that you are going through so much right now. We are all here to listen whenever you need it. Hugs!
    @m1xm0d3 - Woohoo on the 3 day weekend!!!!! You are killing it on your bike rides lately!
    @AngryViking1970 - I agree that this thread should slow down on the weekend!! Good luck on the interview!
    @xLoveLikeWinterx - Sorry your husband is being difficult. Why is he making all the decisions? Hugs to you!
    @crosbylee - Thanks for starting the FitBit challenge!

Sorry if I left anyone out! There were so many posts!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 day week myself. But my holiday is Wednesday.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I am so irritated this morning!

I figured things would be easier for a few days now since my SO is only here on weekends......then I make myself mad first thing today by rushing around to do a few errands before work, and then not being able to get them done anyway....so now I am back home gonna have a bite to eat and head to work.

My sister and her family are coming from Indy to visit on Friday, and we only get to see them once every few years. I have extra errands and chores to do because of this, and just lost a good head start.....self annoyed!

I gotta just let it go though and just remain on the ball for the next few days.....I WILL get this done.....
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    @coastalpath I’m really sorry you are struggling. If you can, try and carve a few minutes out of each day to look after yourself, whether its some deep breathing/meditation, exercise, a solitary cup of coffee. It is also important that you acknowledge your stress and feelings, don’t squash them away because others think you should. Everything you think and feel is valid to you.

I’m going to check out the fitbit thread in a moment. I’m having a bit of a sucky morning at work.

Totally randomly, as I drove back from Devon last night, I planned what I might have for my wedding reception. Partly inspired by this thread and partly by a comedienne that was on radio 4 (don’t judge) yesterday. Bear in mind my relationship structure means I will never get married, but still, I planned it…

So I’d have an afternoon tea, catered by my favourite Torquay café, with made to order sandwiches (guests choose from a small list of fillings); bread is home made white or granary. A variety of home made scones, with cherry, or ginger, or white choc chips in. Lots of different fruit jams. And huge bowls of clotted cream. There may also be cinnamon toast. And lots of different cakes, like Victoria sponge, lemon drizzle, chocolate brownie. All served with either tea, coffee (from starbucks) or something sparkling, probably Prosecco or Asti (I’m actually a cherry lambrini kind of girl). Set to a background of string quartet music.

And for evening meal I’d have a Chinese buffet, in the style of the Mongolian barbecue restaurant chain (do they have those in the states?) basically, you take your bowl, choose your meat/veg/noodles/cooking sauce, and they cook it on a flat top stove while you wait.

It will be held in a marquee, on the cliff tops, near where I live (in Devon).

I spent nearly 200 miles planning this. I have no idea what I’d be wearing, nor what the ceremony would be like.

Who cares about the ceremony, can I come to your imagined wedding reception for the food? Be a love and make it halal meat, will you? :p

Done and of course you are invited! the guests will essentially be our families and you guys lolol

I forgot to mention it's mountain -5 days now!!

My new waterproof gloves arrived today

Yay, countdown time! Are you excited? Or just terrified? :D

Both!! I'm really looking forward to it, I wanna be there and doing it! I think i feel i'm proving something by doing it. I hope i don't let meself down and look like an....donkey.

Well. Just got back from the doctors. Saw a different doctor this time. He said NO carbs. Not even yogurt, he said if I don't lose weight on this, we have a serious problem. I asked him if it could be anything else and he said "Well, we could faff around putting you on different diets, but it seems you have put a lot of time and effort into this already so I recommend you go straight to the jugular and cut carbs. It will work, it will always work. It's hard, and it will suck, it will really suck, but you will lose fat." So I went to the nearest bakery, bought myself an apple and raspberry danish (at 9 in the morning) and ate it while driving to work. If I can't have carbs for the next 2 months, I'm going to end it with something amazing. and it was.

Oh, that really stinks. :( Hope it goes well for you! In his definition of NO carbs, I assume non-starchy veggies are still allowed? I really hope you lose a good amount of weight on this--you've been working SO HARD and not seeing results and I'm sure it's just horribly, awfully frustrating.

... I totally would have done that too. I LOVE danishes.

I don't think they are, he said no root vegetables and no squashes (butternut squash or pumpkin etc). The more I talk about it the harder it becomes. He said no tomato, which pretty much rules out everything. I keep thinking oh well I'll do this and substitute the carbs and then you realise it has a tomato based sauce. It's slowly looking more and more impossible.

Yikes. :( I couldn't possibly live without tomatoes! So what CAN you eat? :o

I'm allergic to tomatoes (and strawberries, raspberries and red peppers) so being tomato free is possible, but requires thought, those suckers are in everything!

Well. Just got back from the doctors. Saw a different doctor this time. He said NO carbs. Not even yogurt, he said if I don't lose weight on this, we have a serious problem. I asked him if it could be anything else and he said "Well, we could faff around putting you on different diets, but it seems you have put a lot of time and effort into this already so I recommend you go straight to the jugular and cut carbs. It will work, it will always work. It's hard, and it will suck, it will really suck, but you will lose fat." So I went to the nearest bakery, bought myself an apple and raspberry danish (at 9 in the morning) and ate it while driving to work. If I can't have carbs for the next 2 months, I'm going to end it with something amazing. and it was.

Oh, that really stinks. :( Hope it goes well for you! In his definition of NO carbs, I assume non-starchy veggies are still allowed? I really hope you lose a good amount of weight on this--you've been working SO HARD and not seeing results and I'm sure it's just horribly, awfully frustrating.

I don't think they are, he said no root vegetables and no squashes (butternut squash or pumpkin etc). The more I talk about it the harder it becomes. He said no tomato, which pretty much rules out everything. I keep thinking oh well I'll do this and substitute the carbs and then you realise it has a tomato based sauce. It's slowly looking more and more impossible.

Any meat, fish, salad, vegetables, fruit (but limited) I'm going to have to read up about it. The problem with England is when you go to the doctors, you only get a 10 minute consultation time. (If you're lucky, I know some which are just 5 minutes) so he only had time to explain why I should do it and the science behind it (most of which I can't remember) so when it came to what I can actually eat, I'm not sure. That and I have a stinking cold so I just want to go back to bed right now rather than tackling a whole new eating habit.

You can book a double appointment with your GP (or anyone in the surgery) so you get longer. Also, most practice nurses are better equipped to deal with nutrition advice.

Oh are they? I was considering asking for a nurse at first because I always feel like I'm wasting a doctors time crying because I'm fat and I can't get rid of it. I just keep thinking they have more important things to diagnose than explaining to someone how to lose weight.

sorry to be blunt, but yes they do ;) Most of my job is spent working with primary care clinicians and showing them how to stream line work processes and share workloads with other colleagues to free up their own time. Its about getting the right care, at the time, in the right place, from the right person.

On the other hand, talking to you about your weight and doing something about it likely to reduce your incidence of diabetes, heart disease, and other weight -induced co-morbidities, so it could be considered 10 minutes very well spent!

Have a chat with the receptionist at your surgery (they are the font of all knowledge) and they can book you an appointment with the right person, or they will know if there is a community dietetics service you can contact/be referred to.

This totally. I had several appointments with the local weight management nurse at my GP's surgery (they run a program) and it helped me no end. It was pretty generic stuff as I hadn't encountered the problems you have (yet) but I'm sure if there is an equivalent where you are and you discuss your specific situation, a weight management nurse would be of great help to you.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @coastalpath I’m really sorry you are struggling. If you can, try and carve a few minutes out of each day to look after yourself, whether its some deep breathing/meditation, exercise, a solitary cup of coffee. It is also important that you acknowledge your stress and feelings, don’t squash them away because others think you should. Everything you think and feel is valid to you.

I’m going to check out the fitbit thread in a moment. I’m having a bit of a sucky morning at work.

Totally randomly, as I drove back from Devon last night, I planned what I might have for my wedding reception. Partly inspired by this thread and partly by a comedienne that was on radio 4 (don’t judge) yesterday. Bear in mind my relationship structure means I will never get married, but still, I planned it…

So I’d have an afternoon tea, catered by my favourite Torquay café, with made to order sandwiches (guests choose from a small list of fillings); bread is home made white or granary. A variety of home made scones, with cherry, or ginger, or white choc chips in. Lots of different fruit jams. And huge bowls of clotted cream. There may also be cinnamon toast. And lots of different cakes, like Victoria sponge, lemon drizzle, chocolate brownie. All served with either tea, coffee (from starbucks) or something sparkling, probably Prosecco or Asti (I’m actually a cherry lambrini kind of girl). Set to a background of string quartet music.

And for evening meal I’d have a Chinese buffet, in the style of the Mongolian barbecue restaurant chain (do they have those in the states?) basically, you take your bowl, choose your meat/veg/noodles/cooking sauce, and they cook it on a flat top stove while you wait.

I spent nearly 200 miles planning this. I have no idea what I’d be wearing, nor what the ceremony would be like.

Who cares about the ceremony, can I come to your imagined wedding reception for the food? Be a love and make it halal meat, will you? :p

Done and of course you are invited! the guests will essentially be our families and you guys lolol

Both!! I'm really looking forward to it, I wanna be there and doing it! I think i feel i'm proving something by doing it. I hope i don't let meself down and look like an....donkey.

I'm allergic to tomatoes (and strawberries, raspberries and red peppers) so being tomato free is possible, but requires thought, those suckers are in everything!

Any meat, fish, salad, vegetables, fruit (but limited) I'm going to have to read up about it. The problem with England is when you go to the doctors, you only get a 10 minute consultation time. (If you're lucky, I know some which are just 5 minutes) so he only had time to explain why I should do it and the science behind it (most of which I can't remember) so when it came to what I can actually eat, I'm not sure. That and I have a stinking cold so I just want to go back to bed right now rather than tackling a whole new eating habit.

You can book a double appointment with your GP (or anyone in the surgery) so you get longer. Also, most practice nurses are better equipped to deal with nutrition advice.

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO LOOK LIKE A DONKEY!
  • Oberon21
    Options

Well this is better than Atkins. You couldn't eat any vegetables or fruit...hence the bathroom issue. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Holy smokes, you guys! I thought this thread slowed down on the weekends. LOL I have work to do!!! I also have an interview this afternoon for a promotion here, so if you could spare any extra mojo, I'd appreciate it!

*slinks off to catch up*

Good luck!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    @riderfangal eee I know the feeling when the guy is nice enough but that spark just isn't there and he keeps trying to touch you haha I hate that! At least you made a new friend and now you don't have to think 'what if' if you hadn't gone!

Lol yep it was pretty awkward and I am actually glad I went! Thank you all for the positive thoughts this week

That is so awkward!
    I once went on a date and the guy was really into me, and I just was not feeling it....so we had went out for dinner and then went to a club I frequented....I thought he might have clued in when I kept introducing him as my friend and not my date, but he didn't. Finally, he leans into me and tells me how much he likes me....and I decide to be honest, and tell him he is a great guy but I am just not feeling it, that I will dance with him and such the rest of the night but I did not see it going anywhere.....he seemed fine, bought us another round of drinks, and then went to the bathroom, and NEVER RETURNED. He drove, so I was stranded a city away, at a night club. I was not impressed.....

this is one of my biggest fears! ugh, that's so terrible! :(
    guys keep offering to pick me up and i'm like no thanks! a few seem put off by it, but your story is the EXACT reason why.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO LOOK LIKE A DONKEY!

POF: you haven't seen the size of my pack! of course i'm going to look like a donkey carrying all that stuff!!

Actually, i used donkey rather than a different word in deference to Susie
  • Oberon21
    Options

I am so excited for you! You will have a blast!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Eee so I'm probably the only one who would be excited about this but Ed Sheeran is coming to Cincinnati in September and I get to go see him AHHHHH England in August with my English man and a concert in September with my other British boyfriend woo hoo best year EVER!! ❤️

I don't know who this is? I have a feeling some folks may judge me for that based on the comments.

No judging here. I have no idea who most of the singers are on the radio nowadays.

Ed-Sheeran-x-ed-sheeran-x-32982729-1920-1080.jpg

That's Ed Sheeran

Ummmm definitely not my type.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a Jawbone? I'd love to have some friends on there! PM me your name and I'll add you!! @LBuehrle8 - Did you mention that's what you have?
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

What if you have several things to discuss or more than one problem?