Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Yayyyy! Happy your arrived safe @pofoster21 !!! Kick butt over there!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Dahhhh confession- I waaay over ate today! I was back on track for a couple days but completely fell off today. Ugh trying to get my head back in this game!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I'm ticked off at the MFP forums. The way it's set up you don't know what decent groups are out there. There's no discernible method to finding specific groups other than scrolling through the huge unsorted list. Even the search function is broken.
    Instead they blast all the BS forums that are a gross and pervy place. So much attention seeking followed by nasty flirting. It's really pathetic. Which is why I stay away but in doing so I missed a Tour de France cycling challenge I really would have liked to been a part of. Meeeeh. :confounded:
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Dahhhh confession- I waaay over ate today! I was back on track for a couple days but completely fell off today. Ugh trying to get my head back in this game!

Do it before the weekend! Because of the 4th (let's blame it on that) mine started last Friday and ended Sunday lol and I am just now getting back to where I was. Which basically means I spun my tires for an entire week. I've already committed myself to good choices this weekend buuuut Sunday is my daughters 10th birthday party so cake will happen. I'll have to ride some extra miles this weekend.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

You can do it!! I have faith in you!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »

Do it before the weekend! Because of the 4th (let's blame it on that) mine started last Friday and ended Sunday lol and I am just now getting back to where I was. Which basically means I spun my tires for an entire week. I've already committed myself to good choices this weekend buuuut Sunday is my daughters 10th birthday party so cake will happen. I'll have to ride some extra miles this weekend.

Same problem here. Tomorrow is my husband's birthday. And then Saturday we're meeting up with family for lunch because my niece is visiting from NC. Lots of food will happen.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Tomorrow is a new day! You can do it. :)
  • LBuehrle8
    edited July 2015
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Tomorrow is a new day! You can do it. :)

Thanks for all the positive words everyone! <3
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I just ate a banana and I thought about back when I spent some time in a hospital. There was a girl who sat next to me and started ranting about the proper way to eat a banana. She said that her mom and sister peeled back the banana and ate it while it still sat in the rest of the peel. She claimed to have never seen anyone else do it like that.... and all I could think was ''Wait... you REMOVE the whole banana before eating it???'' I had never seen her way and she had never seen mine.

Most people eat their bananas like this, right? :lol:

Raelynn has to have her banana out of the peel, or else she doesn't want to eat it. I always thought it was just her lol! And now I want a banana sandwich like I had growing up (bread, DUKES mayo, and sliced bananas). Oh, I need some more bananas! :laugh:

In the peel! I haven't had a banana and mayo sandwich in FOREVER! So yummy! Pretty sure it's a southern thing though. My mom is from SC originally but moved to IL when she married my dad. My southern cousins introduced me to it when we were visiting SC on vacation.

Yay! I'm not the only one lol! My Mama Tucker used to make them for me all the time growing up. That used to be our thing during the summer, a glass of tea, banana sandwich, and me listening to her tell stories from her childhood and young adulthood. Oh I miss those days lol!

Confession: That sounds gross to me. Bananas and mayo? Ew. :s But then, my husband thinks the idea of bananas sliced up in a peanut butter sandwich is gross/really weird, and I grew up eating those--it's the only way I can stomach bananas, in fact. :p

Mmm peanut butter, banana, and honey sandwiches!! My dad loves peanut butter and pickle sandwiches YUCK.

Your dad knows what he's doing! Those are awesome!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

Same problem here. Tomorrow is my husband's birthday. And then Saturday we're meeting up with family for lunch because my niece is visiting from NC. Lots of food will happen.

Same here. Except for me it's that I'm looking forward to Eid too soon and already getting into the "free calorie" mindset. O.o I haven't gone over or anything, but I can feel it creeping into my mind and I'm trying to fight it off. Eid is in 6 days! Not today! *bonks self in head*
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I'm almost done with Survivor 29 and I am really upset by the final three. One of them I like ok (and I think for sure is going to win), the other two I never really liked... and the person I wanted to win got voted out in fourth place. ARGH. Hate it when that happens.

On another note, I keep hearing some weird sound coming from my kitchen and I'm not sure what it could be. I told my boyfriend our apartment must be haunted or something. It almost sounds like some water is splashing on the floor violently, but I can't find anything wrong. We recently had an ant infestation so maybe a big ant is making noise in our wall as revenge for our ant murder.

Creepy. I hope you can figure out what it is. If you do, let us know.

Back in about 2009 or 2010, we had a few months were my whole family was experiencing weird things (in different locations) that I've never been able to explain to this day. It was really weird... I felt like we were all haunted for a while too.
    I feel like I MIGHT be able to get some idea of an exact location if I always stand in the kitchen on the lookout, but sometimes these sounds are hours apart. Still going on today and they didn't happen before we went to Punta Cana. My boyfriend keeps saying that there might be a rat in the wall or something and I hope that's not the case.
    spamarie wrote: »
    Congrats @bkhamill !!!

I confess that I am only 21 years old and don't think I'm ready to have a baby by any means, but sometimes I have dreams that I am very pregnant or have an infant and wake up feeling strangely empty, confused, and sad. Any one else do this? Or did this?

I used to have those all the time in my early 20s. Now I actually am pregnant, my dreams have been completely devoid of anything baby-related. Funny how the brain works. I did dream my mattress was made of cheese the other night. I had to lie really still and evenly to avoid crumbling it!
    I heard that your dreams get extra crazy when you're pregnant. I love dreams and keep a dream diary on my computer. Last night I dreamed that I had something stuck in my teeth... and I finally managed to pull it out- a long string of spaghetti. Then more and more kept coming, so it turns out I had like 20 strings of spaghetti stuck in that spot between my teeth. It was kind of freaky for some reason.

For me, that was absolutely true. My dreams were much more vivid, and weird as all get out. Has anyone read Anne Rice's witch series? Before I found out I was pregnant with my son, I had a dream that I gave birth to a fully grown man (like in those books). Seriously creepy.

Lasher!
    i used to be a total anne rice addict. Total.
    i loved those books, but really how strange would it be like oh! here's my baby! then by the morning it's a grown dude? creeeeepy

Me too! I still have the Mayfair Witch series and probably about 10 of the Vampire books on a shelf. I had a total gothic horror phase, and it started with her books. I don't think it ever really ended.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    So I've discovered today that vanilla Greek yogurt and chocolate syrup make quite a yummy and filling snack (20g protein for a full cup and just at 180 calories, add another 100 for 2tbsp chocolate syrup)! Yum! :)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Same here. Except for me it's that I'm looking forward to Eid too soon and already getting into the "free calorie" mindset. O.o I haven't gone over or anything, but I can feel it creeping into my mind and I'm trying to fight it off. Eid is in 6 days! Not today! *bonks self in head*

Susie you have barely been eating. Enjoy.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    I'm almost done with Survivor 29 and I am really upset by the final three. One of them I like ok (and I think for sure is going to win), the other two I never really liked... and the person I wanted to win got voted out in fourth place. ARGH. Hate it when that happens.

On another note, I keep hearing some weird sound coming from my kitchen and I'm not sure what it could be. I told my boyfriend our apartment must be haunted or something. It almost sounds like some water is splashing on the floor violently, but I can't find anything wrong. We recently had an ant infestation so maybe a big ant is making noise in our wall as revenge for our ant murder.

Back in about 2009 or 2010, we had a few months were my whole family was experiencing weird things (in different locations) that I've never been able to explain to this day. It was really weird... I felt like we were all haunted for a while too.
    I feel like I MIGHT be able to get some idea of an exact location if I always stand in the kitchen on the lookout, but sometimes these sounds are hours apart. Still going on today and they didn't happen before we went to Punta Cana. My boyfriend keeps saying that there might be a rat in the wall or something and I hope that's not the case.
    Congrats @bkhamill !!!

I confess that I am only 21 years old and don't think I'm ready to have a baby by any means, but sometimes I have dreams that I am very pregnant or have an infant and wake up feeling strangely empty, confused, and sad. Any one else do this? Or did this?

I used to have those all the time in my early 20s. Now I actually am pregnant, my dreams have been completely devoid of anything baby-related. Funny how the brain works. I did dream my mattress was made of cheese the other night. I had to lie really still and evenly to avoid crumbling it!
    I heard that your dreams get extra crazy when you're pregnant. I love dreams and keep a dream diary on my computer. Last night I dreamed that I had something stuck in my teeth... and I finally managed to pull it out- a long string of spaghetti. Then more and more kept coming, so it turns out I had like 20 strings of spaghetti stuck in that spot between my teeth. It was kind of freaky for some reason.

For me, that was absolutely true. My dreams were much more vivid, and weird as all get out. Has anyone read Anne Rice's witch series? Before I found out I was pregnant with my son, I had a dream that I gave birth to a fully grown man (like in those books). Seriously creepy.

Like the episode in The Cosby Show were the guys delivered things like a sub & boat.

Kind of! That one was pretty funny.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I think sometimes after being good for a,while you just need a break. Happens to me every few weeks. You lose a bit of ground but it is more sustainable. Just hop back on the wagon. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Yayyyy! Happy your arrived safe @pofoster21 !!! Kick butt over there!

Thanks! Survival will be the name of this game. ... will keep you all updated whether you want it or not. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    So, bad news: woke up feeling bleurgh today. Currently sitting in Krispy Kreme with a doughnut and a latte. Good news: I bought three, have eaten one, don't want the other two. Sucks to be me: on my way to work :(

How are things going with the boyfriend? You mentioned that it "imploded" and never went any further.

Its still broken. We called a truce over the weekend, due to travelling and climbing. But *shrug* we're talking, not sure whats going to happen

I am sorry. How is the girlfriend doing? You did advise that when one component is broken they all are. Because I am unbelievably nosy what is the issue. You kind of indicated it was minor but it seems to be escalating.

Beware, this is long - and remember you did ask!

To be honest, I am struggling with where I go from here. I love both of them very much, but he has totally devastated me with these things, after 3 years together.

Obviously this is a condensed version, but I don’t know what else to say.

I am so sorry. I confess I always wondered how a threesome could truly have an equal relationship, if you recall early on I said I didn't think I could handle it at all, I would always be insecure in that situation. But now that you are well into it and all of you love each other, I wonder if counseling for all of you would work? He sounds like he has a lot of issues period, which he needs to work on and which affect all 3 of you. Certainly spending the night at a Starbucks is not healthy for you. Read Susie's later post on taking care of yourself... you need to do that first and foremost. You will never be happy in this relationship if you are not happy with yourself. Then and only then can you make a relationship equitable and work...and you have 2/3 to make work which is incredibly difficult, I would imagine.

Hugs to you and feel free to message me anytime you need a sympathetic ear. Without much productive advice I an afraid. XOXOXOX

It can work, its just difficult. Triadic relationships such as ours are rare, because, its generally not easy to find two other people that you fall in love with, who also fall in love with each other.

I think when i say equal, i don't mean equal in terms of how much you love someone, but more, that you view the relationships as equally important. I love both my partners, but for different reasons. I have never tried to quantify it (i love Mrs more than Mr for example). I just know that i love them both, very much. I guess its the same as having more than one child. You generally love them for all their quirks and faults, and don't think i love X more than Y.

He does have issues and we are trying to support him in working on them, he let them slide when he started this new job and we're back to telling him it is essential. I have suggested group counselling, but trying to find a counsellor that can deal with our dynamic is tough.

Staying at starbucks wasn't my first choice, but all the hotels were full, so it seemed the safest option, well lit, toilets, drinks, CCTV. It wasn't like i was going to get a lot of sleep anyway. Next time, i'll book a hotel before storming out ;)

The thing is, when we're all working and pulling in the same direction, our relationships are absolutely amazing, so easy and comfortable. we all get on so well, have such similar views on things and can spend hours having random conversations, about not very much. We've even designed our dream house (for when we win the lottery) to the extent of getting out a laptop and drawing floorplans in paint. We have been friends a very long time and i think perhaps what we have is more a difference in language X means Y to me, but him it means Z. I need to clarify this, and will be doing so this weekend. Equally, when things go wrong, they go spectacularly wrong.

I have to say, I really appreciate all of you letting me vent here, even though i'm sure most of you are horrified at the situation and i'm not making it look any better ;) but it is helping me sort out my thoughts and feelings, without getting into that nasty internal negative spiral.

I'm going to confess this and hope I don't get blasted. From my religious (Christian) view point, I don't agree with @orangesmartie's relationship set-up. However, my religion also says "Judge not." So, I have not been judging, but listening and learning. I find that I have learned a lot when I listen without judging. So, thank you, @orangesmartie, for helping me improve on me.

ETA: A big chicken part of me wants to delete this ASAP...

I suspect you are not alone. I hope I do not make you uncomfortable in talking about it. And thank you for your honesty.

It doesn't bother me in the least. I find it different and unusual and fascinating but I love getting a new perspective and I love that you all love each other. I have never been a believer that people are meant to be monogamous (between 2 people). This is just a different kind of relationship. I appreciate MO's POV and her lack of judgment. That is what this is all about. :)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    What's with all the sweet pickle hate? I love ALL the pickles. More for me, tra la la!

I am in this camp. I like dill, bread & butter, sweet gherkin and all relish.

Me too!

Can someone tell me what in the world bread and butter pickles are? :-/ They sound so weird... Does anyone actually put pickles on bread and butter?!

It's like dill or sour pickles, but it's a sweet brine as opposed to a sour one. My parents love them, I'm not that excited about them. And for the life of me, do NOT get me started on those "koolicles" or whatever they're called! Pickles and kool aid have NO business being together :confounded:

Sorry, I am a few pages back. When my son played little league football, the kids went nuts over 'picklesicles'. We literally froze the leftover pickle juice in small containers (jello shot) and sold them. Nothing added.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    I'm ticked off at the MFP forums. The way it's set up you don't know what decent groups are out there. There's no discernible method to finding specific groups other than scrolling through the huge unsorted list. Even the search function is broken.
    Instead they blast all the BS forums that are a gross and pervy place. So much attention seeking followed by nasty flirting. It's really pathetic. Which is why I stay away but in doing so I missed a Tour de France cycling challenge I really would have liked to been a part of. Meeeeh. :confounded:

Totally agree. I was trying to search for a group for people in my area, and it was basically impossible. So annoying. Also sick of seeing those "would you date the person above you" posts highlighted.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »

Congrats @bkhamill !!!

Lasher!
    i used to be a total anne rice addict. Total.
    i loved those books, but really how strange would it be like oh! here's my baby! then by the morning it's a grown dude? creeeeepy

Me too! I still have the Mayfair Witch series and probably about 10 of the Vampire books on a shelf. I had a total gothic horror phase, and it started with her books. I don't think it ever really ended.

If ya wanna get racy, read her Sleeping Beauty series that she wrote as Anne Rampling!!