Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    5 for 5 commuting by bike to work this week makes me a happy camper. Thanks, Mother Nature! (I say this on the cusp of a week long heat wave forecasted to start tomorrow).

NSV.... my 2,000 mile goal for 2015 was just passed yesterday, a full 5 months ahead of plan which also gave me 5,000+ miles total since I started recording rides summer 2013. Nice milestone there.

Happy Friday friends! :mrgreen:

muelg6qh7mvj.jpg
    MMR.JPG 34.6K
  • kellypence
    kellypence Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    5 for 5 commuting by bike to work this week makes me a happy camper. Thanks, Mother Nature! (I say this on the cusp of a week long heat wave forecasted to start tomorrow).

NSV.... my 2,000 mile goal for 2015 was just passed yesterday, a full 5 months ahead of plan which also gave me 5,000+ miles total since I started recording rides summer 2013. Nice milestone there.

muelg6qh7mvj.jpg

Nice Job! I just started bike riding again, planning for a triathlon in Sept. Went for a ride with my 6.5 year old son to the library last night when he informed me that he "doesn't ride on ground like this!" (picture a hand thrust out at about a 45 degree angle and an intimidating glare). Apparently the world needs to be flat for him to ride. I told him to get over it, and he spitefully did...
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options

Congrats on hitting those cycling goals!

And DEFINITELY happy Friday!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Congrats on hitting those cycling goals!

And DEFINITELY happy Friday!

+1! I always wanted to get into biking. Someone on this thread (was it POF? I can't remember) posted their pink bike customized for short legs and I WANT ONE BADLY. Usually biking hurts my butt and legs but I really want to try it. I'm so envious of cyclers.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Is anyone here a really long-time MFP member? Like, a lot of years? I'm really interested in whether the zeitgeist changes over time. Right now most people are totally CICO, and those who advocate a different style of eating tend to get slammed by the cool kids (sometimes rightly, to be honest - some people have very strange ideas). I wonder whether this changes over time, and whether 'clean' eating will come back in style at some point, and the latest round of cool kids will jump hard on anyone who says a calorie is just a calorie and a sugar is just a sugar? Or if low carb might become the way to go (again)? I say this as someone who has dieted through several decades and seen food fashions come and go.

Just musing. Thoughts?

I joined MFP in 2008 or 2009. When I first started looking at the MB's, the trend was "EAT MORE TO LOSE WEIGHT". Anybody who disagreed with that was jumped on. I stopped looking at the MB's for a while, and when I came back it was all CICO is it, sugar is good, and a calorie is just a calorie. Been this way for a couple years now. It may be time for another shift soon... LOL

I've never really been overweight, but I've counted calories off and on pretty much since I was ~12 years old. I went through a couple of eating disorder phases and whatnot, I think I've probably read about every single diet out there. It's an obsession. :/
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Ok guys I am not going to lie. I just stripped myself naked in the very busy Target parking lot so I could go grocery shopping after running. I was in my car. And I did do it in stages. But still.

Oh, I've done this many times. LOL No shame.
    When you run a race with friends and plan a winery visit after, you have to change somewhere...
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    I am so sad at what happened in Chattanooga today. Four Marines dead. Unnecessarily so, I think, because for all of childhood my dad could carry his side arm on post as a soldier and now regulations prevent it. Stupid..and four families paid the price for it today. Please pray for Chattanooga if you're the praying kind.

Not the praying kind but I do hope with great fortitude! :smiley:

I hope that the families have the strength and support to get through this.

We'll appreciate that too. Tennesseans are the resilient type. I have friends who work near the recruiting center and were locked down in their office all day. I'm ticked at CNN. They showed photos of the Marines' bodies before their families were notified. That's totally uncalled for.

Oh yikes. I've only read news and heard it on NPR. I don't watch much TV. That stinks. Boo, CNN!

On another note... I'm in Tennessee, too. :)
    Some of the people on this thread are planning to do the Country Music Marathon in April 2016. You should join, if that's your thing.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    @m1xm0d3 Congrats on hitting your cycling goal!!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Another busy day on the boards!! The scary stories are really giving me chills and I love horror stories (big Stephen King fan here <3 ). I have no idea what to do for my husband for our anniversary this year. We have had so much other stuff going on that is finally over, we haven't bothered to plan a vacation. This year is ten years, so not sure what I should do. We are supposed to go do something this weekend, but not sure what. I may just banish the kids and sit on my butt at home with him.

For our tenth, we went to a little b&b in Oklahoma about 4 hours away. We spent a few days down there and it was absolutely amazing and not expensive at all. The b&b was next to a national forest, so we spent a lot of time hiking and enjoying the natural springs.

Whatever you do, just make sure to enjoy it. Congratulations!

Last minute plans have been made to go to New Braunfels and visit Gruene Hall. One of my favorite Texas red dirt bands is playing the hall on Saturday. We head out after work and I am excited!! We haven't done a road trip in a while.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    I'm so desperate to stop feeling so awful about myself, my health and my weight that I've started seeing a naturopath. As someone who prides herself on evidence based practice, this feels like a betrayal to my beliefs, but I also feel like it's going to be worth the money just to feel like I'm DOING something, even if it's something I don't necessarily believe in. Years and years of doctors telling me nothing's wrong (even when I started gaining weight whilst eating 1300 calories + 1/2 of my exercise calories) have made me feel so helpless I've turned to someone who is willing to tell me "we might be able to fix this".

I hear ya about desperation... I feel the same way about my insomnia. I'm considering trying hypnosis, even though I don't "believe" in it.

(Anybody with any anecdotal evidence about hypnosis for insomnia feel free to chime in!)
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Is anyone here a really long-time MFP member? Like, a lot of years? I'm really interested in whether the zeitgeist changes over time. Right now most people are totally CICO, and those who advocate a different style of eating tend to get slammed by the cool kids (sometimes rightly, to be honest - some people have very strange ideas). I wonder whether this changes over time, and whether 'clean' eating will come back in style at some point, and the latest round of cool kids will jump hard on anyone who says a calorie is just a calorie and a sugar is just a sugar? Or if low carb might become the way to go (again)? I say this as someone who has dieted through several decades and seen food fashions come and go.

Just musing. Thoughts?

I joined MFP in 2008 or 2009. When I first started looking at the MB's, the trend was "EAT MORE TO LOSE WEIGHT". Anybody who disagreed with that was jumped on. I stopped looking at the MB's for a while, and when I came back it was all CICO is it, sugar is good, and a calorie is just a calorie. Been this way for a couple years now. It may be time for another shift soon... LOL

I've never really been overweight, but I've counted calories off and on pretty much since I was ~12 years old. I went through a couple of eating disorder phases and whatnot, I think I've probably read about every single diet out there. It's an obsession. :/

I have noticed that trend as well. The trend I recall was the starvation mode thing. Everyone was like CAN'T LOSE, I'M IN STARVATION MODE !!!!
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Thanks, @kellypence unfortunately my daughter loathes bike riding. Even on the flats she finds it to be too much work. Grrrrr >_<
    Thanks, @ythannah
    Thanks, @xLoveLikeWinterx initially your butt will be sore but all of that goes away within the first week or so then you are good all season long. Don't give up!
    Thanks, @rungirl1973
  • m1xm0d3
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I found my new favorite dessert last night. Something awesome enough to keep the Talenti troll away. I've had the blueberry ones before and they are awesome but I loooove me some cold lemon flavor.

@ 80 cals a bar I'm sold. I ate 3 last night!

syb-lemon-package.jpg
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

Just musing. Thoughts?

I have noticed that trend as well. The trend I recall was the starvation mode thing. Everyone was like CAN'T LOSE, I'M IN STARVATION MODE !!!!
    Yeah, I've been in and out over the course of a few years too, and I was sure that the tone had changed.
    Interesting.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    Options

Just musing. Thoughts?

Yeah, I've been in and out over the course of a few years too, and I was sure that the tone had changed.
    Interesting.

I remember when it was that lol... I've lurked for a long time and there definitely are common topics/themes on the boards. I'm REALLY waiting for the CICO one to be done, though.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Our group thread 'The Batcave' is now a closed group. After consultation, it's been decided that it would be best to have the group be closed to everyone except members, so that we can all feel safe posting whatever personal stuff we want, pictures etc. We had a number of members who had never posted on the thread but joined the group, and those people have been deleted.

Link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106593-confession-is-good-for-the-soul

If you want an invitation, please message me, @Susieq_1994 or @Italian_Buju and we'll be happy to add you. If you've been deleted but want to remain a member, let one of us know.

Happy Friday!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Well this weekend was a blast! Friday evening the mancreature and I went shopping for birthday stuff for him, he has a new summer wardrobe now and I bought a new pair of running shorts (longer shorts that are compression with a shorter looser shorts over top because chub rub sucks!).
    Saturday was a annual volleyball tournament which started at 9am and ended at 4pm. I suck at Volleyball but man was it a blast to just play! We went to a house party afterwards as well which was fun, I had a beer beers but nothing crazy. I made it through the day without being burnt!
    Sunday was a lazy day, netflix and gaming for me.

This Thursday we are heading camping up north (zero signal!) for 5 days, I don't want to work because I'm excited haha. I already have my list sorted out (we're shopping today), I've got healthy foods listed as well as some junk. I think while we are gone I am going to try and get in tune with my body and do intuitive eating, we shall see how that goes.

Sounds like you had a fun weekend.

Of course when you go camping you at least have to make some S'mores.

Oh my YES! S,mores!!!

I am still kicking myself for not buying some Peeps when they went on half off. A poster in the Gelato group said they make an excellent S'More since the sugar caramelizes.

When I was younger we would make Mountain Pies & put pizza sauce, cheese, & other pizza toppings on them. *drools*. I've heard people even make desserts with the campfire makers.

For those of you who have been around a while remember all the peeps stories from @tincanonastring ? I am pretty sure peeps s'mores was one of his too.

Haha, I remember this!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Confession: I've been daydreaming about the salad I plan to make for dinner since 9:30am today.

No shame there! My stepmother-in-law (or "bonus mom" as I like to call her) makes this one great salad we're obsessed with and we're planning to replicate it tonight if I can convince her to tell me how she makes the dressing. It has apples and soft cheese and tons of spinach and tomatoes and some magic dressing I can't pick apart with my palate....

I miiiiiiiiight have been thinking about it since this morning as well.

That sounds amazing. I will never understand how salad got a reputation for being boring or bland!

I love love love salad.

Me, too...I wish people would share more salad recipes!

By the way, I went to Panera yesterday for lunch and had their Fuji Apple Salad...it was delicious! Now I must learn how to recreate it at home...
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    Options
    So for those of you who remember my "trying to get back into grad school" dilemma, I was accepted to the MS program! Taking 2 classes this Fall, already rented my textbook ahead of time for one class so I can read ahead (yes I'm a nerd, why do you ask?!) and DH is actually 100% supportive of me. No "bait and switch", no lack of follow through, he actually thinks I should do it. One class is a Statistics course and one is on Application Security (computer nerds rule! lol)

Oh and I almost forgot- I have a job booked for this weekend! (Bridal party of 6- I do makeup freelance and I'm super busy in the summer) Bringing snacks with me but I'll be busy until at least 1 pm, I think. Lots of coffee. Gonna try to stay active and get my steps in- you guys are crushing the Fitbit challenge so I gotta step it up! I'm doing well if I get in 12.5k, some of you guys are doing double that and it's so awesome! Wish I could lol
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Ok guys I am not going to lie. I just stripped myself naked in the very busy Target parking lot so I could go grocery shopping after running. I was in my car. And I did do it in stages. But still.

I can't even explain how much I just laughed at this.

Confession: 9000% sure that half my friend requests didn't really process because work computer stuff and things. Oh well!

I got mine!! Thanks for the add!!