Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    5 for 5 commuting by bike to work this week makes me a happy camper. Thanks, Mother Nature! (I say this on the cusp of a week long heat wave forecasted to start tomorrow).

NSV.... my 2,000 mile goal for 2015 was just passed yesterday, a full 5 months ahead of plan which also gave me 5,000+ miles total since I started recording rides summer 2013. Nice milestone there.

Happy Friday friends! :mrgreen:

muelg6qh7mvj.jpg

This is FANTASTIC!! Congrats!! What an accomplishment! I will confess that I'm too chicken to try to commute to work on my bike. It would involve riding over a couple of bridges and along some very non-bike-friendly roads. I'm a "stick to the bike path" kind of girl because of witnessing the idiocy of the bike/car interactions here in the Portland, OR area. Eep.

Happy Friday to you, too, and keep up the great work!!!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    I wee in the shower.

Doesn't everyone?!
    Keep reading. Apparently not :|
    (I do, frequently!)

Yeah, I read that. Rachael used to get out of the shower if she had to go, then get back in. I told her that was silly because there was already a drain in the tub so it's not like she had to stand in it. She now pees in the shower...and would be mortified if she knew I told you all that. :blush:

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Our group thread 'The Batcave' is now a closed group. After consultation, it's been decided that it would be best to have the group be closed to everyone except members, so that we can all feel safe posting whatever personal stuff we want, pictures etc. We had a number of members who had never posted on the thread but joined the group, and those people have been deleted.

Link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106593-confession-is-good-for-the-soul

If you want an invitation, please message me, @Susieq_1994 or @Italian_Buju and we'll be happy to add you. If you've been deleted but want to remain a member, let one of us know.

Happy Friday!

Cool. I'm big on privacy (don't have twitter/facebook etc) so I'm always nervous about posting pictures online. Now, I'm thinking about posting some later. :)

I don't have facebook or twitter either!! I thought I was the only one!

No Facebook. Professional Twitter
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    s0696qg0s3mt.jpg

I just got the sweetest surprise from my husband. Sorry had to share!! And sorry its so big!!!

How sweet and they are beautiful!

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    5 for 5 commuting by bike to work this week makes me a happy camper. Thanks, Mother Nature! (I say this on the cusp of a week long heat wave forecasted to start tomorrow).

NSV.... my 2,000 mile goal for 2015 was just passed yesterday, a full 5 months ahead of plan which also gave me 5,000+ miles total since I started recording rides summer 2013. Nice milestone there.

muelg6qh7mvj.jpg

This is FANTASTIC!! Congrats!! What an accomplishment! I will confess that I'm too chicken to try to commute to work on my bike. It would involve riding over a couple of bridges and along some very non-bike-friendly roads. I'm a "stick to the bike path" kind of girl because of witnessing the idiocy of the bike/car interactions here in the Portland, OR area. Eep.

Happy Friday to you, too, and keep up the great work!!!

Me too - I have a bike that I ride to work sometimes but it's terrifying in traffic as I just have a little single-speed cruiser bike and I'm just not that fast on it. It's fine in my neighbourhood for grabbing a few groceries or meeting someone at a restaurant or whatever in the evenings but I'm so scared in rush hour traffic that I often just end up on the sidewalk, walking my bike across each intersection, even though it's illegal. But I figure better to pay a fine than get hit by a car, and I give pedestrians an extremely wide berth.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I totally wee in the shower.

I am sure we have all done that a time or two... :D

I can honestly say I have never peed in a shower/pool/ocean. I will admit that I've tried, but my body just won't let it happen lol.

Me neither. I remember having major surgery when I was 19 and the first night I was given a bedpan to pee in... even though my bladder was close to bursting, it took a LOT of effort to pee while sitting in bed.

Aaaaand... four days later, I'm finally caught up!

Yay for being caught up! In triathlon people go to the bathroom in their wetsuit and on the bike. While under extreme duress I can go in my wetsuit now (but not while swimming) I refuse to go on the bike (I think that is beyond disgusting and since I am not fast I see no reason not to stop at a portapotty on course). They even go while running...no way could I do that.

People just pee all over themselves?! That is nasty. :s
    Not just pee. Have you not seen the photos? Google 'runner's diarrhea'.
    *Not for the squeamish.

Is that from all the protein bars with extra fiber?! If that is a side effect of running, I'm glad I don't do it.

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    @m1xm0d3 Awesome accomplishment!

I'll have to look back at my miles. I've been tracking on MapMyRide almost from when I started riding 3 years ago. Although some of my runs are in the mix also. I also have been on Strava for about a year because most of the girls I ride with use it.

I wish it was safe for me to ride to work, but I'm not going to fight that traffic! I'm hoping the local greenway will expand out my way so I can commute.

I wish the local greenway would expand to my house so I didn't have to run on a busy road to get more than 2 miles.

I came to work at 7am this morning for a meeting. I could totally ride my bike to work if I came this early every day. Traffic at 8am makes it a no-go
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

I can honestly say I have never peed in a shower/pool/ocean. I will admit that I've tried, but my body just won't let it happen lol.

Me neither. I remember having major surgery when I was 19 and the first night I was given a bedpan to pee in... even though my bladder was close to bursting, it took a LOT of effort to pee while sitting in bed.

Yay for being caught up! In triathlon people go to the bathroom in their wetsuit and on the bike. While under extreme duress I can go in my wetsuit now (but not while swimming) I refuse to go on the bike (I think that is beyond disgusting and since I am not fast I see no reason not to stop at a portapotty on course). They even go while running...no way could I do that.

*Not for the squeamish.

Is that from all the protein bars with extra fiber?! If that is a side effect of running, I'm glad I don't do it.

Nah, it's just a fact of life, especially if you run first thing in the morning.

I think those are accidents, I've never known a runner to do that on purpose. I walk it in if I start to feel like I need to go. It's painful if you don't. Think diaper rash. Ouch.
  • shaylanemesch
    shaylanemesch Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i went to a Chinese buffet and I stayed there until they closed last week. I ate so much....
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 Eid Mubarak! I just noticed you mentioned chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars and I nearly inhaled a bunch of drool. The desserts you are creating sound AMAZING! I'm looking forward to seeing the progress pics!

Thanks! The cheesecake bars came out BEAUTIFULLY. Crispy, golden brown on top and really pretty. Since it's cheesecake, I don't get to know what the inside looks like until it chills for a thousand hours. Bleh. I let it cool completely then carefully wrapped it in plastic until it looked like a mummified brick, then shoved it into the fridge. Delicately. ;)

Cheesecake... now you're speaking my language! ;)

Cheesecake, Brownies, Cookies, Pie, Cake, Donuts these are all very important words in my language! I am so craving sweets right now, but I am trying to be strong and save some calories today since we have a family reunion tomorrow - where all the foods will be eaten.
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Cheesecake, Brownies, Cookies, Pie, Cake, Donuts these are all very important words in my language! I am so craving sweets right now, but I am trying to be strong and save some calories today since we have a family reunion tomorrow - where all the foods will be eaten.

I'm with you @bkhamill ! My husband scheduled us to meet a friend of his for happy hour tonight. I'm thinking I'll skip the alcohol and have a slice of pie or something instead. (I don't like drinking calories....they add up too quickly and are never nearly as satisfying as a delicious dessert that fits into my daily calories!)

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

I'm with you @bkhamill ! My husband scheduled us to meet a friend of his for happy hour tonight. I'm thinking I'll skip the alcohol and have a slice of pie or something instead. (I don't like drinking calories....they add up too quickly and are never nearly as satisfying as a delicious dessert that fits into my daily calories!)
    I'm with you. Slice of something delicious + a couple of diet Cokes > a few drinks.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

*Not for the squeamish.

Nah, it's just a fact of life, especially if you run first thing in the morning.

I think those are accidents, I've never known a runner to do that on purpose. I walk it in if I start to feel like I need to go. It's painful if you don't. Think diaper rash. Ouch.
    Oh, I think so too. I can't imagine someone would do that on purpose. But you've got to be pretty determined to keep running if you don't pull over behind a tree or something when you get that kind of urge. :s
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

I'm with you. Slice of something delicious + a couple of diet Cokes > a few drinks.

+1! I can't remember the last time I had a drink other than water, iced tea or iced coffee with stevia, or diet soda. I'd much rather spend my calories on delicious food!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I am so sad at what happened in Chattanooga today. Four Marines dead. Unnecessarily so, I think, because for all of childhood my dad could carry his side arm on post as a soldier and now regulations prevent it. Stupid..and four families paid the price for it today. Please pray for Chattanooga if you're the praying kind.

Not the praying kind but I do hope with great fortitude! :smiley:

I hope that the families have the strength and support to get through this.

We'll appreciate that too. Tennesseans are the resilient type. I have friends who work near the recruiting center and were locked down in their office all day. I'm ticked at CNN. They showed photos of the Marines' bodies before their families were notified. That's totally uncalled for.

Oh yikes. I've only read news and heard it on NPR. I don't watch much TV. That stinks. Boo, CNN!

On another note... I'm in Tennessee, too. :)
    Some of the people on this thread are planning to do the Country Music Marathon in April 2016. You should join, if that's your thing.

I am not a runner. my knees can handle a 5k, but after that, the pain becomes crippling. :| my daughter is a runner and so is one of my sons. I am a good fan, but that's it.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Everyone was chatty last night while Iwas dropping half a plate of Greek food down my jeans leg and thinking at least it was Greek dressing and neither peanut butter not chocolate that went down my left thigh. LOL. I was seriously pissed that I dropped half of a $13 plate of food though.

Today, I am tempting fate. I ordered a chili-cheese baked potato for lunch even though I am wearing white pants and a black and white top.

Hehehe! Good luck tempting fate :)

I win!!! No chili or.cheese on my clothes!!!

You realize, of course, that you'll now spill something like.... coffee/tea/water on your pants juuuuust as you're thinking the threat has passed.... :wink:
    My husband once spilled half of his tea all down his white shirt on the way to work, and then when he got there, realised he'd put on non-matching shoes - it was dark when he was going out the door, and he just grabbed two black shoes, not checking to see if they were a pair. He said people looked at him strangely all day. You think?!

I remember when I was in Elementary school I had to wear my babysitter's shoes to school since I somehow forgot to put some on before leaving the house. She was probably 50-60 at the time & maybe a size 9-10 & I am sure it looked like I was wearing clown shoes.

I've been nearly leaving the house in my slippers most days for the past few weeks. So far I've only ever gotten as far as the car before I realise (I usually only take one step out the front door) so it's not too bad. It feels as though it's only a matter of time before I drive to work in my slippers though.

I've totally done this...had to turn around and go home to change.

I totally keep a pair of black pumps at my desk and have worn my waterproof hiking sandals to the office everyday this week. No shame.

I just counted, and I have 11 pairs of shoes under my desk in my office, not counting the running shoes I came to work in. I think it's a really common thing to do in less-than-ideal climates like mine (where I have to wear Sorel boots to work half the year if I don't want to freeze to death) so definitely no shame!

I walk 20-30 minutes to work every day depending on traffic lights and I am NOT doing it in heels, even in summer.

I keep shoes at work in the winter - you learn after having to schlump around in sorels all day or go sock foot (not an option when people are tracking in snow).

My collection at work right now is cardigans - it's cool enough in the morning to need a sweater but too warm in the afternoon to remember to take it home.

I have two pairs of shoes and three sweaters. : D
  • MoHousdon
    Options

muelg6qh7mvj.jpg

Stellar job, buddy.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I am so sad at what happened in Chattanooga today. Four Marines dead. Unnecessarily so, I think, because for all of childhood my dad could carry his side arm on post as a soldier and now regulations prevent it. Stupid..and four families paid the price for it today. Please pray for Chattanooga if you're the praying kind.

Not the praying kind but I do hope with great fortitude! :smiley:

I hope that the families have the strength and support to get through this.

We'll appreciate that too. Tennesseans are the resilient type. I have friends who work near the recruiting center and were locked down in their office all day. I'm ticked at CNN. They showed photos of the Marines' bodies before their families were notified. That's totally uncalled for.

Oh yikes. I've only read news and heard it on NPR. I don't watch much TV. That stinks. Boo, CNN!

On another note... I'm in Tennessee, too. :)
    Some of the people on this thread are planning to do the Country Music Marathon in April 2016. You should join, if that's your thing.

I am not a runner. my knees can handle a 5k, but after that, the pain becomes crippling. :| my daughter is a runner and so is one of my sons. I am a good fan, but that's it.

+1 on the bad knees here. I have already had surgery on one. My ortho told me he hoped I didn't like to run. Torn meniscus that had to be fixed. I think my other one has a similar issue. Not wanting to mess with that. Fortunately I can still handle doing squats. I don't like lunges much though.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Another busy day on the boards!! The scary stories are really giving me chills and I love horror stories (big Stephen King fan here <3 ). I have no idea what to do for my husband for our anniversary this year. We have had so much other stuff going on that is finally over, we haven't bothered to plan a vacation. This year is ten years, so not sure what I should do. We are supposed to go do something this weekend, but not sure what. I may just banish the kids and sit on my butt at home with him.

For our tenth, we went to a little b&b in Oklahoma about 4 hours away. We spent a few days down there and it was absolutely amazing and not expensive at all. The b&b was next to a national forest, so we spent a lot of time hiking and enjoying the natural springs.

Whatever you do, just make sure to enjoy it. Congratulations!

Last minute plans have been made to go to New Braunfels and visit Gruene Hall. One of my favorite Texas red dirt bands is playing the hall on Saturday. We head out after work and I am excited!! We haven't done a road trip in a while.

Yay. So I guess you won't be making it over for ribs, then?

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Not this time, but can I take a raincheck?? I might need some ideas for our cookoff chefs.