Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    How do we get @Italian_Buju to come back?! Also, where has Lois been? @m1xm0d3 thanks for holding it down for the fellas. Glad to see you stuck around.

@ASG_21 nice to put a user name with @susieqshusband. Welcome, Lurky McLurkerson.

I can't believe I forgot the "Mc" part. Thanks for bring that to my attention @Susieq_1994
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    GUYSGUYSGUYS!!!! After almost 2 weeks, I'm FINALLY CAUGHT UP ON THIS THREAD!!! I'm happier about this than you can possibly imagine. Members of the batcave know why.

I still have not gotten around to posting any vacation pictures (anywhere) but I'm hoping to get to that soon. I have to airplane window shots that are really cool and I can't wait for you all to see them, and the beach we went to was just beautiful. I also have some pics of Mr. Mo and I that I plan on sharing in the random pictures thread in the batcave. I missed you all so incredibly much and I'm glad to be back.
    YAY! That's awesome!!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    GUYSGUYSGUYS!!!! After almost 2 weeks, I'm FINALLY CAUGHT UP ON THIS THREAD!!! I'm happier about this than you can possibly imagine. Members of the batcave know why.

I still have not gotten around to posting any vacation pictures (anywhere) but I'm hoping to get to that soon. I have to airplane window shots that are really cool and I can't wait for you all to see them, and the beach we went to was just beautiful. I also have some pics of Mr. Mo and I that I plan on sharing in the random pictures thread in the batcave. I missed you all so incredibly much and I'm glad to be back.

I'm so sad that my gifs don't move any more. Kermit & Colbert are fab.
    Anyone know why?

Anyway, congrats on getting caught up!

No idea why, but I agree that it's sad. No more cat gifs for MFP. *sniffle* :cry:
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    How do we get @Italian_Buju to come back?! Also, where has Lois been? @m1xm0d3 thanks for holding it down for the fellas. Glad to see you stuck around.

@ASG_21 nice to put a user name with @susieqshusband. Welcome, Lurky Lurkerson.
    She's around - busy in the group!

Lois seems to have disappeared, along with a few other regulars, unfortunately.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

WOOOO HOOOOO!!!! Welcome to the present!!!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

I agree with this whole post so I just bolded it all haha :p
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    So, I don't know if anyone remembers my crazy bug bite rash on my leg or not. I had been to immediate care a couple of times and had taken a course of Keflex but it never got any better. It got super bad over this past weekend so I went to my regular doc on Monday and she drew some blood to test. I just got back from there with a Lyme disease diagnosis and a month's supply of doxycycline as my parting gift. Woo! That's what I get for living in the woods, I guess. LOL
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

lol :p Now I keep calling him Lurky McLurkerson... I think it shall be his new nickname. ;)
  • Tubbs216
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Nope
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

She's around - busy in the group!

Lois seems to have disappeared, along with a few other regulars, unfortunately.

Yup, I keep wondering where Lois got to. A lot of people seem to have given up on our thread, sadly.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    So, I don't know if anyone remembers my crazy bug bite rash on my leg or not. I had been to immediate care a couple of times and had taken a course of Keflex but it never got any better. It got super bad over this past weekend so I went to my regular doc on Monday and she drew some blood to test. I just got back from there with a Lyme disease diagnosis and a month's supply of doxycycline as my parting gift. Woo! That's what I get for living in the woods, I guess. LOL

Oh no. That's terrible! I hope they caught it in time. Not to scare you, but I hope you know what Lyme disease is like if they don't catch it in time. Make sure you take your antibiotic faithfully! Hugs. <3
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    [

I'm not very good with fashion. I'd dearly love to be stylish, but usually dress like a 7 year old boy (jeans and stripy t-shirt today) or a 70 year old woman (flowery shirts). I own a lot of stripy t-shirts and flowery shirts. And jeans.

@Tubbs216 LOL Me, TOO! I like to be comfortable and never liked dresses as a kid (or as an adult, frankly... I'm just all awkward in them like I don't know how to move or where to put my hands because women's clothes never have pockets.... and I have to wear shoes that make me feel like I'm gonna fall down, or, at the very least, give me blisters...you get the picture). I stick with jeans and khakis with sweaters/polos/t-shirts.

I did wear a dress for my wedding though and for the reception afterward... but that was the last time I've worn one! (4 years ago)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

Oh no!! I'm so sorry :( I really hope you're doing okay!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

lol :p Now I keep calling him Lurky McLurkerson... I think it shall be his new nickname. ;)

I know it's perfect, cracks me up to think of you calling him that! :)
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    @MoHousdon Congrats on your accomplishment in catching up on the thread! That took dedication! :smile: You deserve a Major Award! (<---- This is a reference to the holiday movie A Christmas Story, which happens to be one of my favorite movies... the dad describes the "leg lamp" he wins in a contest as a "major award." Ha!! )
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Yikes! Sorry to hear that - I really hope the meds will work quickly for you. Have you had any other symptoms? I've heard that can really knock you out, so it's good that you're getting it treated now.

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Oh no. That's terrible! I hope they caught it in time. Not to scare you, but I hope you know what Lyme disease is like if they don't catch it in time. Make sure you take your antibiotic faithfully! Hugs. <3

I think it's relatively early, but yeah, the stories about late stage are not at all encouraging. What's disappointing is that I started going to the doctor about it like a month ago and only now am I getting a diagnosis. I'm also super great at not putting the pieces together, so I've pretty much been ignoring the daily headaches, fatigue and muscle aches.
  • tollergirl611
    tollergirl611 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    TracyeS4 wrote: »
    The days I don't finish logging or don't log at all are the days I drink 4+ alcoholic drinks. I need to log those days to acknowledge the caloric reality of it. And I just need to quit drinking so damn much.

I'm guilty of this, too. I tend to avoid the scale for a day or 2 after for fear that I have sabotaged myself. Also, I feel really guilty. My New Years resolution was to with stain from alcohol for 1 month. I failed.
    Water_Gal wrote: »
    Confession, I get to a point where I just don't care about being thinner enough to bother with portion control, calorie counting, exercise...and I revert to the couch potato mode.
    cranor130 wrote: »
    msalbd wrote: »
    I hid a pint of Ben & Jerry's Hazed & Confused by putting it an empty bag of frozen vegetables. My kids...husband...looked right past it as I secretly worked on it. Took me about four days to polish it off and I couldn't decide what was more satisfying. The ice cream itself Or having ice cream JUST FOR ME safely, closely, stored in my freezer and no one pestering me to let them have some! Issues, hu? Layed out for you there, clear as can be!

OMG You are a GENIUS! How have I never thought of this?[/quote

I agree! What a brilliant idea. I can't wait to try it out.
    I cook more than I bake, simply because if I bake...I might not be able to control myself. haha.

Yesterday I did make a Sopapilla cheesecake that turned out amazingly. My family ate it up! I left two pieces for my parents and took two for myself. I did adjust the recipe by using lower calorie items and nixing the sugar for truvia. And using a tablespoon of butter rather than a quarter cup. It was so good!
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    I confess that most of the threads in the Chit - Chat section drive me absolutely bonkers. "Would you kiss the person above" "Compliment the person above" Blah blah blah. I guess because it's blatant compliment fishing maybe...or perhaps because there are a ton of married/partnered people out there flirting and being inappropriate with other people. I don't know...but it grosses me out. So I try not to look at even the titles...and I never click in. Did it once...won't make that mistake again, lol. :dizzy:

I hear ya! I'm single and I've honestly never been to that thread! Seriously search my name you won't find it! Not a fan, I'm here for my health not to find a date :)

Well now you are not really single...

But I am and I can't stand when people start all the overt flirting and innuendo. I leave those threads immediately. That is not why I am here. If I wanted that I would go to match.com.

I tried match.com once and they literally refused my membership! I got a msg that said they didn't have anyone that would match my profile/questionnaire info, and to try again at a later date!

It's hysterical and depressing all at once!

This happened to me with eHarmony. Talk about a massive waste of my time. They make you answer like a bajillion questions and then say, "Nope."
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Once every week or two I buy a dozen chocolate donuts, get to the office early & leave them in the break room anonymously, and get grim satisfaction out of watching the same people who say to me "I need to eat like you" chow down.

I'm laughing so hard at this while I'm thinking that I shouldn't be.....but I can't help it! Evil genius!!

@xMrBunglex I remember this confession. I remember that I REALLY wanted donuts after reading it too.

Still, even after 700+ pages, my favorite confession was one that a lady was worried that it wouldn't be too long before her husband used her excess tummy flab for a blanket. I still laugh every time I think about that.

How did I miss that? I don't remember that post.

I don't remember that either! My favorite is still @IAmTheGlue pine cone diet! Still makes me chuckle!

Lol :smiley:

I missed the tummy flab blanket thing too. I'm kinda sad about that. Sounds hilarious! :D
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I was at a family barbecue last night and the subject of my weight loss came up.

My almost 16 year old niece (who is a size 0) asked me why I wanted to lose weight. I told her "because I'm fat". Man, did she give me what for. I am not allowed to say I'm fat ever again. I love that kid.

Big difference from my mom who told me not to get rid of my pants as I shrink out of them as I'll grow back into them.

Btw I'm 5'3" tall and weigh 192 right now. So not skinny.
    I am getting frustrated with my weight loss and ready to start taking diet pills :(

:( It is a long and frustrating journey but you can do it!! (without pills :))
    1,600 new posts.

Yep, sorry folks... not going to be able to catch up on all of those :tongue: I FINALLY quit a job that has been killing me for the past two years, and now I want to stay completely clear of restaurants (working there, that is). My work visa is expiring since I'm about to graduate, and now I feel somewhat free! Now it's time for me to apply for another work visa :neutral:
    Confession: When I am at work and have to go #2, I take my phone with me so I can't read this thread :wink:

2b49d95d4a582cb4aa274d21aac855b4.jpg

I hate when I have to poop really badly & someone is in the stall right next to me.

Is is funny b/c it is so true!!

I also hate (and I am not sure if I have posted this here or in the "Things That Make You Irrationally Angry" thread when there are multiple open stalls and you give yourself some space and someone take the stall right beside you. Okay, this just downright pisses me of when people do this.

The only time I'll do that is if someone makes a mess in all of the other stalls. How hard is it for people to flush the commode in a public restroom? If you don't want to touch the handle then at least use your shoe or grab a piece of toilet paper.
    LH85DC wrote: »
    LH85DC wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    it's national donut day!
    in honor of this sacred day, dunkin is giving out a free donut with the purchase of any beverage.
    never forget ;)

I can't believe I just found this out, after having already had breakfast. So now I'll be having a donut and an iced coffee for lunch.

My confession of the day - today I woke up and really wished that my fiance and I had decided to elope. I love my family and am looking forward to the chance to meet extended family on his side that I've never met, but it gets so stressful trying to keep everyone happy. Even the people that 'just want to help' are stressing me out right now! I prefer to do things myself, because I'm a perfectionist, and I'm running out of small tasks to give to people that want nothing more than to be involved.

Ok, I feel better now. Back to work

I'm still behind, hence I'm checking this thread while not at work which I usually don't do. So forgive me if this was already asked. When are you getting married? How many people are invited?

You didn't miss it! We are getting married the first weekend of October in Indianapolis (where I'm from), so we still have plenty of time. I don't think it will be a huge wedding, but not small either - shooting for 120 guests.

I feel like a little bit of a jerk having complained, because my mom and sister were great this weekend. And we just ordered our invitations, which is the last big thing to do. We have a menu, pies for dessert are ordered (the tasting was so much fun!), I have my dress, etc. But even as much as we have done, it has still been more stressful than I expected!

I can't wait to get married though, and my fiancé has been great about helping with things. As long as we're both there and we enjoy ourselves, it'll be great, right?
    nkbaar wrote: »
    It seems quite a few of you do this too, so I'm glad. But if I'm more than maybe 200 over my goal I'll log some stuff for the next day instead.
    lisan1209 wrote: »
    lisan1209 wrote: »
    I got really drunk on Saturday and ended up eating almost 2 bags of chips :( I feel guilty even today about it. I did exercise for about 2 hours yesterday though. How long do you think it will take to get back on track?

You are back on track now. Can't change the past, can only learn from it and do better next time.

Thank you! I appreciate the support!! I read on the tone it up website that a whole week of good eating can be destroyed by a cheat day which is why I felt bad. But I was also pmsing too lol!
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I just finished reading the "You're too skinny!" Do others ever make you question your maintenance weight?" thread and now am feeling very grateful for my friends and family. I have only had good comments about my weight loss, so far. Of course, I still have a long ways to go. But man, reading that thread made me realize how rude and unsupportive some people are.

I first got down to my normal weight nearly 20 years ago. I went from around 500 to around 175. People who didn't recognize me treated me completely differently than they did when I was big. I got smiles and courtesy, doors held open - and I don't mean flirting, it was men and women, any ages, the way they treated me was night and day. People who were absolutely cold and wouldn't acknowledge me before would go out of their way to say hi.

Overall, I'd say that had a far bigger impact on me than the random "you need to eat a hot pocket" type comments I'd get once in a while. I'm very distrustful of people in general, now. It takes a very long time before I decide if they're actually a nice person, or if they're a "nice as long as you fit my cookie cutter mold" person. Outside of some dysfunctional family relationships, most of the comments like those in that thread will stop after people get used to seeing the smaller version of the person, but the really rude and unsupportive people are far more subtle.

I've noticed that too, in the opposite direction. I used to be in great shape and everyone wanted to talk to me and hang out. Now I'm in not so great shape and it's like I'm invisible. People are awful.

Sometimes I feel like this:

gyubpbhza86b.jpg

This makes me sad :'( I'd be your friend!
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I really love this thread. You guys have helped me through a pretty hard time, and I have seen you help so many other people through hard times as well. People on the internet can be awful, but they can also be great. Best thread ever.

Same here. This thread has affected my life in many ways. All good ways, which is why I struggle so much to keep up. But I have to accept that I cannot. I have to balance it out with real life, but I'll be here for as long as this thread exists!

Same for me too. I feel like I've really gotten to know some of you really well, especially when we did the real name thing. Several hundred pages back. I've learned a lot and am very grateful for all of you. Thanks for being so accepting and friendly. Never go away, okay?!

Is it too late for me to get in on that and tell everyone my name? Because I was just a lurker back then... I was just wondering about that yesterday!

No! Fess up!

ETA: Late to the party again! Your name is gorgeous, Sawsan!

Your name is beautiful, Sawsan!

I've got the quintessential 90s kid name (Stephanie), which is one of many reasons my kid has a relatively different (but not "weird") name. I went by my middle name (Rene-pronounced Renee', and I spelled it like normal) most of my childhood and teen years. I didn't want to embrace my name(s), until I was an adult, which looking back was pretty stupid.

I think I missed the name section too somehow. Anyway, I have a very popular 80's name, so I can relate. My name is Amber.

I've always liked the name Amber lol. I do know there were a lot of them when I was in school, just like Stephanies lol.

Thank you. I was always jealous of my sister, because she has a much less common name and didn't have to be 'first name, last initial' all through school. I guess now she is easier to google though.
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Wow, today has been busy in here. I can't even begin to keep up :). But my name is Shirley. I hate it. Who the heck names their kid Shirley :).

My oldest daughter is Rachel, and although I can't admit this to my DH, she was named after the Friend's character. Both daughters have somewhat unusual middle names, Raven and Rain. No Shirleys, because I just couldn't do that to them :).

I think I mentioned it earlier when we were talking names, but I have an UNCLE named Shirley. he goes by his middle name. LOL
    My middle name is Lou. My mom is Linda Lou (yes, just like the Lynyrd Skynyrd song).
    I have to admit that geeking out with a bunch of you guys over Sims has made me want to play it again. But oh golly, is that thing ever a time suck! I purposely left my Sims CDs (The original game + a couple of the extensions) with my little brother when I got married and moved away, because I didn't want to drown in my fake life when I have a real life to live... A pretty boring one, but a real one. ;)
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Ok, on a good note...
    My sister and I hung out Saturday morning and she took me to a ferret rescue place because she loves ferrets. This rescue place takes in any ferret that needs help and they try to help and adopt as many as they can and keep the rest safe for the rest of their lives. I went ahead and sponsored two of the ferrets and made my donations to them. They were really cute.

They put a story about us on their website and I don't look as bad as I thought I would. I kept thinking, 'ugh I don't want my picture taken'. I can finally see that I look different than before and you couldn't tell that I was crying (about the whole boyfriend thing) earlier that morning. So, I'm okay with the pictures being online.
    Wow, good for you! That's lovely.

Ok, question (be honest): Was it smelly at the ferret place?
    Mmmm... ice cream. Inherited my love of pistachio from my mom. Cookie dough is also a great friend of mine. And vanilla is delicious!!! I probably prefer it to chocolate, which I get sick of way too fast.

Yesterday I had homemade ice cream at a ice cream shop & I swear the one cookie dough was as big as a rock. No complaints:D.
    peleroja wrote: »
    I found the confession and it is actually worse than I expected, which is...quite something for these boards. Haha.

I confess I almost flagged it, but then I remembered no judgment. I'm judging anyway though because it was all kinds of disturbing. It made me uncomfortable to read it. As a matter of fact, I had to re-read because I didn't believe I read it right the first time.
    Can I just say how awesome this thread has become?

Yes, it started out about trash bags, peanut butter, and hot chocolate powder, but it has evolved into a community within the MFP community where people actually CARE and SUPPORT one another through stupid decisions, horrible situations, and hilarious escapades.

You all rock. And if I wasn't super lazy, I would finally get around to friend requesting the rest of the regular posters.
    Super great.

You're all super great!

Agreed! You're all so incredibly wonderful. And now a certain poster who shall not be named, ( @quiksylver296 did you ever find out who this was) has stopped posting here, it truly IS a safe place.

I STILL DO NOT KNOW WHO THIS IS! I ASKED SEVERAL TIMES WHEN YA'LL WERE TALKING ABOUT IT BEFORE, SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE FILL ME IN! PM me!!

Someone PM the lady, she's desperate! I'd do it, but I forgot that user's username... O.O
    I'm back in sunny Devon. My mum is sleeping, so I'm sitting in a cafe watching my car get valeted (detailed for our pond cousins). its a very weird treat,but the state of my car inside was getting me down.

Despite everything, I'm feeling a lot better today, I think its the combination of sunshine and singing cheesy songs for 200 miles.

I like being part of this community, even though I never met any of you. Somewhere safe to chat and vent and confess to all my horrible shameful binges and not feel alone or like no one understands

So your mom is doing okay then? So happy to hear you're feeling up today, what a great feeling! :)
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Uugh work is such a hot mess today. Too many issues to address, not enough me's to get it done. >_<
    Francl27 wrote: »
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10197159/name-one-misconception-you-had-which-posting-on-mfp-has-cleared-up#latest

Man some people have anger issues (third post I think?).

Confession - kinda losing it right now. My kids made a huge mess upstairs, and my husband (who's in the yard and not doing anything about it) just told me that he's going to go play poker with his friends tomorrow. Like I'm not already losing it with the kids all week, now he leaves on the week end too...

It's less to do with people not liking this thread and more to do with inconsistently applied guidelines. Try not to take it personally.
    Thanks everyone. :) Totally agreed--my husband is the awesomest and the super greatest. He doesn't agree, but I know it and that's what's important. ;)

@Italian_Buju I really have no words, but I wanted to acknowledge your post. So sorry that you have to go through that every single day! I hope things get better for you, at least the things that can get better. :)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So, I made the peanut butter cookies that we talked about earlier. I used Stevia like I planned to. They were my dinner. The entire batch...830 calories. Not bad. I still have 500ish calories left too! :)

This is the update I was waiting for! I would've had the whole batch for dinner, too. 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup baking stevia? 1 egg? I would've put a few chocolate chips in there, cuz, well... I like 'em. I wonder if that would mess up the structure too much?

If I could trust myself to have a bag of chocolate chips in the house, I would have put some in!! Sadly, I can't keep stuff like that here. If/when I buy them, I know that they will be gone that same day...and that just doesn't always fit into my calories :(
    Anyhow, yes..1c pb, 1 egg, and 1 c sugar (but I did about 3/4c stevia). Bake 350 degrees...I took them out at 8 minutes but they probably should have stayed another minute or two.

Yum I will have to try this sometime. Also, weren't you the one who said that confectioners sugar & peanut butter taste like a Reese's Cup filling?

I might have to make the Eggless Cookie Dough recipe again too.

I think I am going to try & make more homemade desserts than buying a ton of packaged snacks that are easier to binge on.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Is anyone here a really long-time MFP member? Like, a lot of years? I'm really interested in whether the zeitgeist changes over time. Right now most people are totally CICO, and those who advocate a different style of eating tend to get slammed by the cool kids (sometimes rightly, to be honest - some people have very strange ideas). I wonder whether this changes over time, and whether 'clean' eating will come back in style at some point, and the latest round of cool kids will jump hard on anyone who says a calorie is just a calorie and a sugar is just a sugar? Or if low carb might become the way to go (again)? I say this as someone who has dieted through several decades and seen food fashions come and go.

Just musing. Thoughts?

I've been here since 2013 (this is my second account my old one was dunnodunno). I thought I read on a recent thread that the forums used to be into hand holding & posting a lot of broscience/myths & not many people back then would correct the misconceptions.