Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I feel ill now from my food intake so far today.

What I've had:
    3 zucchini bars with cream cheese frosting (not logged in my diary :blush: )
    1 Rice Krispie Treat
    1 serving of Ruffles potato chips with French onion dip (one of my most favoritest snacks)
    1 cup of diced watermelon (no, I did not learn my lesson from my personal watermelon the other night)
    1 bite of a subpar donut (threw the rest in the garbage)
    6 baby carrots
    3 small florets of cauliflower
    1 serving of ranch dip
    1 24 oz. venti Starbucks black sweet tea (my new summer obsession)
    1 peanut butter supreme Quest Bar
    4 tortilla rollups
    3 pieces of puppy chow
    40 oz. water

Does the MFP database have an entry for that?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Cheesecake, Brownies, Cookies, Pie, Cake, Donuts these are all very important words in my language! I am so craving sweets right now, but I am trying to be strong and save some calories today since we have a family reunion tomorrow - where all the foods will be eaten.

I'm with you @bkhamill ! My husband scheduled us to meet a friend of his for happy hour tonight. I'm thinking I'll skip the alcohol and have a slice of pie or something instead. (I don't like drinking calories....they add up too quickly and are never nearly as satisfying as a delicious dessert that fits into my daily calories!)

So much this!

I feel the same way with any drink that has calories. Very rarely I'll get a milkshake, Starbucks, or drink a regular soda. My favorite drinks are Diet Mountain Dew, Almond or Coconut Milk, & protein shakes (they still don't fill me up like eating a regular meal).
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    So, I don't know if anyone remembers my crazy bug bite rash on my leg or not. I had been to immediate care a couple of times and had taken a course of Keflex but it never got any better. It got super bad over this past weekend so I went to my regular doc on Monday and she drew some blood to test. I just got back from there with a Lyme disease diagnosis and a month's supply of doxycycline as my parting gift. Woo! That's what I get for living in the woods, I guess. LOL

Oh no. That's terrible! I hope they caught it in time. Not to scare you, but I hope you know what Lyme disease is like if they don't catch it in time. Make sure you take your antibiotic faithfully! Hugs. <3

I think it's relatively early, but yeah, the stories about late stage are not at all encouraging. What's disappointing is that I started going to the doctor about it like a month ago and only now am I getting a diagnosis. I'm also super great at not putting the pieces together, so I've pretty much been ignoring the daily headaches, fatigue and muscle aches.

@AngryViking1970 I'm hopeful they caught it soon enough that your round of antibiotics will kill it dead and you can get to feeling better. Good thing you went to the doctor.

They teach doctors to look for horses when they see hoofprints. Rashes are usually bug bites, poison ivy, or an allergic reaction.
    Lyme disease is a zebra. A much rarer disease, thankfully. Once immediate care treated the horses and you still had a problem, your doctor knew to look for a zebra. I am sorry it took so long.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    [

I'm not very good with fashion. I'd dearly love to be stylish, but usually dress like a 7 year old boy (jeans and stripy t-shirt today) or a 70 year old woman (flowery shirts). I own a lot of stripy t-shirts and flowery shirts. And jeans.

@Tubbs216 LOL Me, TOO! I like to be comfortable and never liked dresses as a kid (or as an adult, frankly... I'm just all awkward in them like I don't know how to move or where to put my hands because women's clothes never have pockets.... and I have to wear shoes that make me feel like I'm gonna fall down, or, at the very least, give me blisters...you get the picture). I stick with jeans and khakis with sweaters/polos/t-shirts.

I did wear a dress for my wedding though and for the reception afterward... but that was the last time I've worn one! (4 years ago)

I agree with the dress part! It might sound backwards, but I find dresses restricting. I have to be careful about how I'm sitting, how I get out of the car, if it's windy, if my legs are shaved. No. I'm a pants girl, that's for sure.

Me too... although the need to wear compression stockings has made me a rare dress/skirt wearer anyway... but I'm so used to wearing pants that I'm not very ladylike in a dress. Several times I've caught myself sitting with legs a little too far apart for decency *blush*.
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

What I've had:
    1 Rice Krispie Treat
    1 serving of Ruffles potato chips with French onion dip (one of my most favoritest snacks)
    1 cup of diced watermelon (no, I did not learn my lesson from my personal watermelon the other night)
    6 baby carrots
    1 serving of ranch dip
    4 tortilla rollups
    3 pieces of puppy chow
    40 oz. water
    Did you think we wouldn't notice??

I was wondering the same thing. I mean... a girl's gotta have her protein, but this seems extreme. @MoHousdon - stop stealing your dog's food. Or taking dares at work. :wink:
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    @gartigliere Welcome!! Congrats on the weight loss and way to stick with it for over a year. It's so empowering to make progress to our goals, isn't it?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

What I've had:
    1 Rice Krispie Treat
    6 baby carrots
    1 serving of ranch dip
    4 tortilla rollups
    3 pieces of puppy chow
    40 oz. water

Hahahaha! At first I was like Puppy Chow? Then I remembered they make a snack called that.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

What I've had:
    1 Rice Krispie Treat
    6 baby carrots
    1 serving of ranch dip
    4 tortilla rollups
    3 pieces of puppy chow
    40 oz. water

I was wondering the same thing. I mean... a girl's gotta have her protein, but this seems extreme. @MoHousdon - stop stealing your dog's food. Or taking dares at work. :wink:

Do you all seriously NOT know what puppy chow is?! It's Chex cereal with powdered sugar, peanut butter, and melted chocolate chips. I don't make a habit of eating puppy food. I only did that when I was 5 and my brother made me.

mdywtyvsd58d.jpg

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I was feeling inspired by @pofoster21 so I went looking for a run to do. I'm nowhere near ready to do a half-anything but I found a 5K in the fall that allows dogs. Anything I can include my dog in makes me happy :smile: I'm never motivated to do any proper training when I do runs on my own, but I will have to do some this time to make sure my dog is prepared.

Yay! There are even walks and runs for people with dogs. And ones where you can dress up as fun things. They aren't all 'serious' runs! Go for it!

I am doing a 5K on July 25 that's called Dashing Divas (it was supposed to be a fun thing to do with coworkers, but I'm the only one that signed up). From my understanding people can wear tiaras & feather boas and you get a sparkly pink finisher's medal. I'm not sure I'm going to dress up at all, but I am excited about the medal!

My sister ran a 5k with her Black Lab Maggie & they were the first to cross the finish line & Maggie got her own medal:).

Aww! Yay for Maggie!! (and your sister)
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @AngryViking1970 I hope you recover well and quickly!!
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Yay for @MoHousdon!!!
    Oh no @AngryViking1970, take those meds and get better soon!!!
    I love Lurky McLurkerson! Ha!
    Yes @kellyjellybellyjelly, peanut butter and powdered sugar is EXACTLY like the inside of a Reese's! Its dangerous!

Also- I am in the jeans, tshirts, and tank tops group. I don't dress up unless I have to...which is like, almost never. :)
    I actually quite like to, I'm just not very good at it. :/

Same here!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

What I've had:
    1 Rice Krispie Treat
    6 baby carrots
    1 serving of ranch dip
    4 tortilla rollups
    3 pieces of puppy chow
    40 oz. water

Do you all seriously NOT know what puppy chow is?! It's Chex cereal with powdered sugar, peanut butter, and melted chocolate chips. I don't make a habit of eating puppy food. I only did that when I was 5 and my brother made me.

mdywtyvsd58d.jpg

Heh, my brother bought these dog treat that looked like animal crackers and my dad was this close to eating them before my sister walked in a told him what they were.

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake, Brownies, Cookies, Pie, Cake, Donuts these are all very important words in my language! I am so craving sweets right now, but I am trying to be strong and save some calories today since we have a family reunion tomorrow - where all the foods will be eaten.

I'm with you @bkhamill ! My husband scheduled us to meet a friend of his for happy hour tonight. I'm thinking I'll skip the alcohol and have a slice of pie or something instead. (I don't like drinking calories....they add up too quickly and are never nearly as satisfying as a delicious dessert that fits into my daily calories!)
    I'm with you. Slice of something delicious + a couple of diet Cokes > a few drinks.

+1! I can't remember the last time I had a drink other than water, iced tea or iced coffee with stevia, or diet soda. I'd much rather spend my calories on delicious food!

Me too. Mio or diet soda. Much more mio lately due to summer and cycling. Whatever I am drinking, it's always zero cal or very close to it.
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    @MoHousdon didn't know what puppy chow was no. But we only get one kind of chex cereal up here in the great white north.

We make our party mix with Cheerios and shreddies. ;)
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    5 for 5 commuting by bike to work this week makes me a happy camper. Thanks, Mother Nature! (I say this on the cusp of a week long heat wave forecasted to start tomorrow).

NSV.... my 2,000 mile goal for 2015 was just passed yesterday, a full 5 months ahead of plan which also gave me 5,000+ miles total since I started recording rides summer 2013. Nice milestone there.

Happy Friday friends! :mrgreen:

muelg6qh7mvj.jpg

This is FANTASTIC!! Congrats!! What an accomplishment! I will confess that I'm too chicken to try to commute to work on my bike. It would involve riding over a couple of bridges and along some very non-bike-friendly roads. I'm a "stick to the bike path" kind of girl because of witnessing the idiocy of the bike/car interactions here in the Portland, OR area. Eep.

Happy Friday to you, too, and keep up the great work!!!

Thanks! Is it that bad in Portland? Isn't that THE or close to the most bike friendly cities in the US? I mean I am sure there are plenty of idiots there like everywhere else. I totally understand your reluctance though, it's not for everyone. I am just stubborn. :naughty:
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

I'm with you. Slice of something delicious + a couple of diet Cokes > a few drinks.

+1! I can't remember the last time I had a drink other than water, iced tea or iced coffee with stevia, or diet soda. I'd much rather spend my calories on delicious food!

Me too. Mio or diet soda. Much more mio lately due to summer and cycling. Whatever I am drinking, it's always zero cal or very close to it.
    Yeah. The last time couple of times I've had regular soda, I didn't enjoy them as much as I used to.

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I just saw a Buzzfeed Food recipe video on Facebook that has me drooling. It is a graham cracker crust stuffed with Pillsbury sugar cookie dough topped with M & M's, mini Reese's cups, and broken up Twix bars...baked until cookie dough is ready. Put some vanilla ice cream on that and seriously, OMG!
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    5 for 5 commuting by bike to work this week makes me a happy camper. Thanks, Mother Nature! (I say this on the cusp of a week long heat wave forecasted to start tomorrow).

NSV.... my 2,000 mile goal for 2015 was just passed yesterday, a full 5 months ahead of plan which also gave me 5,000+ miles total since I started recording rides summer 2013. Nice milestone there.

Happy Friday friends! :mrgreen:

muelg6qh7mvj.jpg

Stellar job, buddy.

Thanks! :mrgreen: and to whoever else I may have missed. Busy afternoon and now I am home and getting AWAY from the PC for the night.
  • m1xm0d3
    edited July 2015
    Options
    So, I don't know if anyone remembers my crazy bug bite rash on my leg or not. I had been to immediate care a couple of times and had taken a course of Keflex but it never got any better. It got super bad over this past weekend so I went to my regular doc on Monday and she drew some blood to test. I just got back from there with a Lyme disease diagnosis and a month's supply of doxycycline as my parting gift. Woo! That's what I get for living in the woods, I guess. LOL

Oh no. That's terrible! I hope they caught it in time. Not to scare you, but I hope you know what Lyme disease is like if they don't catch it in time. Make sure you take your antibiotic faithfully! Hugs. <3

Yeah don't play around with Lyme. It's a horrible disease that has the ability to wreak havoc on your body. My ex-wife has it so I can attest. Good luck to you fighting it off.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

What I've had:
    1 Rice Krispie Treat
    6 baby carrots
    1 serving of ranch dip
    4 tortilla rollups
    3 pieces of puppy chow
    40 oz. water

mdywtyvsd58d.jpg

Heh, my brother bought these dog treat that looked like animal crackers and my dad was this close to eating them before my sister walked in a told him what they were.

At Wal-Mart they used to carry these Doggie Chocolates made with carob & I had to stop an elderly coworker from buying them since she thought they were regular chocolates.