Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I just saw a Buzzfeed Food recipe video on Facebook that has me drooling. It is a graham cracker crust stuffed with Pillsbury sugar cookie dough topped with M & M's, mini Reese's cups, and broken up Twix bars...baked until cookie dough is ready. Put some vanilla ice cream on that and seriously, OMG!

My jaw just hit the floor. I want. Although I would probably switch the Reese's and Twix for something else.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    @MoHousdon Congrats on your accomplishment in catching up on the thread! That took dedication! :smile: You deserve a Major Award! (<---- This is a reference to the holiday movie A Christmas Story, which happens to be one of my favorite movies... the dad describes the "leg lamp" he wins in a contest as a "major award." Ha!! )

You mean this lamp?! In case you didn't know, I'm fluent in movie quotes, song lyrics, and sarcasm.

tq7gytmjfx2q.gif

+1 for the movie. A Christmas Story is my alltime favorite. Luckily I work at a children's hospital so I can get away with playing it at Christmastime!!! I am also fluent in the above list!!

Same! I can quote that movie from here to Timbuktu. All time fav for sure.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    @MoHousdon Congrats on your accomplishment in catching up on the thread! That took dedication! :smile: You deserve a Major Award! (<---- This is a reference to the holiday movie A Christmas Story, which happens to be one of my favorite movies... the dad describes the "leg lamp" he wins in a contest as a "major award." Ha!! )

You mean this lamp?! In case you didn't know, I'm fluent in movie quotes, song lyrics, and sarcasm.

tq7gytmjfx2q.gif

+1 for the movie. A Christmas Story is my alltime favorite. Luckily I work at a children's hospital so I can get away with playing it at Christmastime!!! I am also fluent in the above list!!

Same! I can quote that movie from here to Timbuktu. All time fav for sure.

I can't wait for ABCFamily's 25 Days Of Christmas!

Every year I have to watch Holiday In Handcuffs & The Mistletones (I can't stand Tori Spelling in this movie though) & The Santa Clause, Home Alone 1 & 2, & National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    I just saw a Buzzfeed Food recipe video on Facebook that has me drooling. It is a graham cracker crust stuffed with Pillsbury sugar cookie dough topped with M & M's, mini Reese's cups, and broken up Twix bars...baked until cookie dough is ready. Put some vanilla ice cream on that and seriously, OMG!

Oooh the torture !!!!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I feel ill now from my food intake so far today.

What I've had:
    3 zucchini bars with cream cheese frosting (not logged in my diary :blush: )
    1 Rice Krispie Treat
    1 serving of Ruffles potato chips with French onion dip (one of my most favoritest snacks)
    1 cup of diced watermelon (no, I did not learn my lesson from my personal watermelon the other night)
    1 bite of a subpar donut (threw the rest in the garbage)
    6 baby carrots
    3 small florets of cauliflower
    1 serving of ranch dip
    1 24 oz. venti Starbucks black sweet tea (my new summer obsession)
    1 peanut butter supreme Quest Bar
    4 tortilla rollups
    3 pieces of puppy chow
    40 oz. water
    Did you think we wouldn't notice??

I was wondering the same thing. I mean... a girl's gotta have her protein, but this seems extreme. @MoHousdon - stop stealing your dog's food. Or taking dares at work. :wink:

Do you all seriously NOT know what puppy chow is?! It's Chex cereal with powdered sugar, peanut butter, and melted chocolate chips. I don't make a habit of eating puppy food. I only did that when I was 5 and my brother made me.
    Aw, no fun! I much preferred that option!
    I think I already posted here about how my mum once fed my dad a 'beefy chunks in gravy' type canned dog food. He said it tasted ok and they only realised later when she looked at the can more closely!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lindsayhunt/candy-bar-cookie-pie?bffbfood&utm_term=4ldqphi#.jk65Ka4jl

Oooh the torture !!!!
    ShibaEars wrote: »

My jaw just hit the floor. I want. Although I would probably switch the Reese's and Twix for something else.

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

tq7gytmjfx2q.gif

My family watches A Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation together every year!

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hi from page 1246! Im reading and trying to catch up, it may take a while.

I miss you guys. I have been having a bit of a rough time. I'm seeing a trend of this as I read through. I hope everyone is doing alright, and I will check in as I can.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    post weekend, catching up on 20 pages, after date(s) update:

(also, if my random date updates bothers anyone or if no one actually cares, PLEASE let me know and i'll stop posting. seriously)

Thursday -

there was this dude that i had been msg'ing online, who actually made the transition to texting my real number (shocking!) and he'd asked me out a few times over the 4th of july weekend, but i was being a dirty, lazy, spazz and didn't really do anything at all for that whole weekend besides drink and watch netflix (which was actually really fun!). hehe

so after work on thursday, i finally make plans and meet up with the dude for first date beverages and chit chat. really nice guy!!
    we had quite a bit in common. he was really sweet and respectful and we laughed a ton throughout the evening. really cool!
    unfortunately (or kinda fortunately?) it was so much fun, and i stayed out WAY too late. like 1:30 am too late. of course i had a migraine when i woke up and completely caved and called off friday. whoops.

Friday -

same dude texts me mid-morning to see how i'm doing (aww). i confess my inability to bounce back and he offers to take me out for coffee. we meet-up for coffee in the late afternoon, and yes, even sober, we still had a really good time! after about an hour talking, he asked if he could take me out to dinner and a movie. yes, yes you can. so we went to see ted2 and then went to this local mexican restaurant i had never been to. we seem to get along really well. all good!

Saturday -

i had a craft fair in the morning from 9-3pm. it was an hour and a half away (i didn't realize the distance before i registered!). after packing up all my junk (i sell jewelry for the fun of it) i got home around 5 ish. but while i was at the show lil dude and i were texting back and forth randomly. ok, so then at 6ish, dude is like hey, not sure if you have anything going on, wanna hang out tonight?

NOW, i tried to slow it down a lil bit, because three dates in three days?? maybe a lil bit too much too fast?
    which i relay the concern to dude. and he's completely fine with it. says he totally understands, it's no big deal, was just going to have a few drinks on his patio, and thought that after my long day i might want some time to chill and relax, very low key.
    so then of course i'm like, well.... ok! :D
    beverages on his lil patio, hours of great conversation, fun times!!!
    of course by about midnight, i'm drunk and prolly shouldn't drive and dude is like you can stay here, i'd prefer you to be safe. THEN, quickly added, i'll totally sleep on the couch, no funny business i swear, this wasn't like a grand scheme to get you drunk at my place!! very cute. very very cute. had a lil cuddly action, overall it was an awesome night!

Sunday -

ok, i promise no fourth date (or another of the firsts) and i just chilled with netflix with the puppies for the day. but dude, did text me a few times to make sure i was doing ok, and to let me know that he really likes spending time with me and hopes he can keep doing so in the future. *squee*

Yay! Success!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

What I've had:
    1 Rice Krispie Treat
    1 serving of Ruffles potato chips with French onion dip (one of my most favoritest snacks)
    1 cup of diced watermelon (no, I did not learn my lesson from my personal watermelon the other night)
    6 baby carrots
    1 serving of ranch dip
    4 tortilla rollups
    3 pieces of puppy chow
    40 oz. water

I was wondering the same thing. I mean... a girl's gotta have her protein, but this seems extreme. @MoHousdon - stop stealing your dog's food. Or taking dares at work. :wink:

Do you all seriously NOT know what puppy chow is?! It's Chex cereal with powdered sugar, peanut butter, and melted chocolate chips. I don't make a habit of eating puppy food. I only did that when I was 5 and my brother made me.

mdywtyvsd58d.jpg

Hahaha - I honestly didn't know what puppy chow was. Now that I do, I want some. Also, I'm totally impressed at your restraint in only eating 3 pieces of it!! Well done, @MoHousdon !! But seriously, fill your pockets up with that and bring some to me, please.
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Is it that bad in Portland? Isn't that THE or close to the most bike friendly cities in the US? I mean I am sure there are plenty of idiots there like everywhere else. I totally understand your reluctance though, it's not for everyone. I am just stubborn. :naughty:

Portland is allegedly one of the bike-friendliest towns I hear. But I'm kind of a wuss and am overly cautious, so I don't know that I'd ever really feel comfortable commuting that way. I mean, if I have to be actively worried about dying every second of my commute, I think the anxiety alone would make me miserable. But I envy all those cyclists with the dedication and courage to just go out and DO it!! Much respect.
  • sst036
    sst036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Went to the gym this morning...and got McDonald's for breakfast on the way home. I have no idea why other than I didn't want to make an omelette when I got home like I was supposed to. Oh well.

I am also going to make those chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars that were posted earlier (I lurk like a creep a lot because I'm in Australia and all the interesting conversation happens when it's night here). Thanks for providing my dessert inspiration for tonight's dinner party!
  • m1xm0d3
    Options

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lindsayhunt/candy-bar-cookie-pie?bffbfood&utm_term=4ldqphi#.jk65Ka4jl

Oooh the torture !!!!
    ShibaEars wrote: »

I dare not click that link knowing only bad things will ensue soon after! :grimace: lol
  • m1xm0d3
    edited July 2015
    Options
    sst036 wrote: »
    Went to the gym this morning...and got McDonald's for breakfast on the way home. I have no idea why other than I didn't want to make an omelette when I got home like I was supposed to. Oh well.

I am also going to make those chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars that were posted earlier (I lurk like a creep a lot because I'm in Australia and all the interesting conversation happens when it's night here). Thanks for providing my dessert inspiration for tonight's dinner party!

Scrambled eggs and bacon platter. Insanely healthy, considering their other options...

• ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    CONFESSION: My BPD is driving me nuts and almost drove my marriage to extinction. And now I feel like I'm losing friends and that I've been abandoned by people. I binged on some beef jerky and Quest Bars. At least it wasn't a Blizzard from DQ.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    5 for 5 commuting by bike to work this week makes me a happy camper. Thanks, Mother Nature! (I say this on the cusp of a week long heat wave forecasted to start tomorrow).

NSV.... my 2,000 mile goal for 2015 was just passed yesterday, a full 5 months ahead of plan which also gave me 5,000+ miles total since I started recording rides summer 2013. Nice milestone there.

Happy Friday friends! :mrgreen:

muelg6qh7mvj.jpg

This is FANTASTIC!! Congrats!! What an accomplishment! I will confess that I'm too chicken to try to commute to work on my bike. It would involve riding over a couple of bridges and along some very non-bike-friendly roads. I'm a "stick to the bike path" kind of girl because of witnessing the idiocy of the bike/car interactions here in the Portland, OR area. Eep.

Happy Friday to you, too, and keep up the great work!!!

Thanks! Is it that bad in Portland? Isn't that THE or close to the most bike friendly cities in the US? I mean I am sure there are plenty of idiots there like everywhere else. I totally understand your reluctance though, it's not for everyone. I am just stubborn. :naughty:

I bike commuted (a fairly short distance) in Los Angeles in the 1990s because I was raised in Portland Oregon's bike culture. I biked everywhere in Portland for years - even going to Vancouver from downtown Portland. My dad bike commuted in Portland in the 1980's. I gave away a vehicle and bike commuted all through grad school in Tucson. Portland and Tucson are bike friendly. Los Angeles in the 1990's was not. However, the worst car/bike accident I ever saw was in Portland Oregon and it was both the driver running a red light and the biker not seeing the intersection before entering it. The driver of course was at fault but the cyclist coming up very fast as the light changed and didn't notice that NONE of the cars had started to enter the intersection as we all saw the car not slowing down at all was going to run the red light. Bike going at 20+ mph t-boned car going 35-45 mph. That said. I would absolutely bike commute in Portland again, or Tucson. Not sure about Los Angeles. I'd have to check it out. :wink:

ETA: I also had friends who regularly biked at age 15 - 16 from Beaverton to NW Portland. It can be done IF it is a goal of yours but if it is a goal of yours I'd join some beginner group rides to gain confidence in riding on the road. Hugs and enjoy Portland. I'd still live there if not for the 9 months of gray that sucked the very soul from my body. Year after Year. I love it most in July, August, September, but now I think 70 degrees is sweater weather so I only come for visits. :smiley: . I lived in Aloha in late grade and middle school and I lived in the inner SE district at the edge of Ladd's Addition in high school and then moved back again as an adult for 7 years. Great town. But bike there only if it appeals to you. :smile:
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

tq7gytmjfx2q.gif

My family watches A Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation together every year!

I had never seen A Christmas Story. SO had my kids and I watch it with him last Christmas. :smile: Fun movie.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Hi from page 1246! Im reading and trying to catch up, it may take a while.
    I miss you guys. I have been having a bit of a rough time. I'm seeing a trend of this as I read through. I hope everyone is doing alright, and I will check in as I can.

Sorry you are having a rough time. Yes we have been having a few heartaches in the thread. :( Welcome back!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

What I've had:
    1 Rice Krispie Treat
    6 baby carrots
    1 serving of ranch dip
    4 tortilla rollups
    3 pieces of puppy chow
    40 oz. water

mdywtyvsd58d.jpg

Hahaha - I honestly didn't know what puppy chow was. Now that I do, I want some. Also, I'm totally impressed at your restraint in only eating 3 pieces of it!! Well done, @MoHousdon !! But seriously, fill your pockets up with that and bring some to me, please.

I had never heard of it either.