Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    All the men in the building (specifically within the mortgage company) is sick with man colds, it first started with my boss and now it's alll over. I'm hiding out front with tons of lysol and music so I don't hear the whining :D

One of the men in my office came into work desperately sick yesterday. Stupid. I said the same thing...don't you dare make me sick! Stay home! In today's world of telecommuting there is no reason to come in.

This is my thoughts exactly! Especially since they all work in mortgages, you can do that stuff from home unless you have a meeting with clients (there was no meetings) so now I'm in the office with a scratchy throat and don't have the luxury of working from home. HMPH!

Obviously, HIPAA laws make working from home a non-starter in my job. They would go broke buying us all secure laptops. And yet they have these draconian attendance rules so that people come to work sick. (It's a whole point if you stay home and a third of one point if you leave early.) Working in a hospital, we get exposed to everything anyway, but I want to bleach my desk everyday.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    All the men in the building (specifically within the mortgage company) is sick with man colds, it first started with my boss and now it's alll over. I'm hiding out front with tons of lysol and music so I don't hear the whining :D

One of the men in my office came into work desperately sick yesterday. Stupid. I said the same thing...don't you dare make me sick! Stay home! In today's world of telecommuting there is no reason to come in.

This is my thoughts exactly! Especially since they all work in mortgages, you can do that stuff from home unless you have a meeting with clients (there was no meetings) so now I'm in the office with a scratchy throat and don't have the luxury of working from home. HMPH!

I think they think they are manly if the show up. But then they just make the rest of us miserable.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

Use this
    wj1nmmxbme51.jpg
    and this
    qhxuknqm1j9k.jpg

Ahahahaha :D

:D
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    TWELVE DAYS TIL CHRISTMAS, PEOPLE!!!

I just realized I have tomorrow off. I'm going to the dentist for a crown in the morning. I'm hoping I'll feel good enough afterwards that I can finish off my last minute Christmas shopping - stocking stuffers, ingredients for fudge, and something to take to the office Christmas potluck.

I saw you finished your holiday shopping on the feeds! I'm pretty much done with shopping for everyone & wrapped last Saturday when I was off. Now I just need to figure out what games to pick for Christmas (checking into some silly Minute To Win It inspired Christmas games) & maybe some more ideas on food to serve.

We're having our holiday potluck on Friday & I told another coworker that we could buy ice cream for the party since management was buying pies.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Obviously, HIPAA laws make working from home a non-starter in my job. They would go broke buying us all secure laptops. And yet they have these draconian attendance rules so that people come to work sick. (It's a whole point if you stay home and a third of one point if you leave early.) Working in a hospital, we get exposed to everything anyway, but I want to bleach my desk everyday.

Same with Walmart. New hires only get four points (they might have to be there 90 days or longer to make it the full nine) & if they go over that then they get fired. If you're late it's 1/2 point (you can be late up to nine minutes). A no call/no show will give you an automatic four points.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I always make something special for Christmas morning breakfast. I can't decide what to make this year. Anyone have any ideas?
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    I confess I have lost all desire to log my food. I have been attempting to get back into the habit. If I complete today, it will be the first full day in at least two months.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I confess I have lost all desire to log my food. I have been attempting to get back into the habit. If I complete today, it will be the first full day in at least two months.

Congratulations on trying to get back in the habit! I've been having issues logging lately too. It either seems like a lot of effort or I end up eating things other than what I've planned out. But I think that's pretty normal. You've got this!

I always make something special for Christmas morning breakfast. I can't decide what to make this year. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm personally leaning toward either some kind of quiche or a breakfast skillet with sausage and peppers. Those aren't really special, but they're things I don't usually have an excuse to make.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

You can do it, @crosbylee! Good to see you!!!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Thanks @quiksylver296 and @LenGray. I need to look this thing in the face so I can fix it. I haven't been ready to face just how much I have been eating, but time to suck it up!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

I think we will be doing pancakes! :)
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I think we will be doing pancakes! :)

I decided on Blueberry Lemon Cream Cheese coffee cake.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I am considering a gluten free French Toast bake for Christmas breakfast.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I almost bought vegan icecream at walmart on Tuesday but resisted as I knew the pint wouldn't last the night in spite of the "4 servings" calorie count.
  • Oberon21
    Options

You can do it, @crosbylee! Good to see you!!!

Ditto! Great to see you LeeAnn!
  • Oberon21
    Options

Do it do it do it do it do it! It really does help keep you honest!
  • Oberon21
    Options

Same with Walmart. New hires only get four points (they might have to be there 90 days or longer to make it the full nine) & if they go over that then they get fired. If you're late it's 1/2 point (you can be late up to nine minutes). A no call/no show will give you an automatic four points.

I never heard of a point system for attendance?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I almost bought vegan icecream at walmart on Tuesday but resisted as I knew the pint wouldn't last the night in spite of the "4 servings" calorie count.

Which brand?
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Have you tried Tofutti Marry Me ice cream bars? They're really good! Not sure if they have them at Walmart though..