Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    All the men in the building (specifically within the mortgage company) is sick with man colds, it first started with my boss and now it's alll over. I'm hiding out front with tons of lysol and music so I don't hear the whining :D
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    LenGray wrote: »
    About a month ago, my dad told me that there was no way that he'd feel full if he counted calories. This week, he said that he was pretty sure that he's lost weight. He doesn't know that I figured out his TDEE and have been portioning out his meals for three weeks...

Also, I should be lifting right now and am playing on the forums instead lol

That's pretty freaking awesome! Are you going to tell him at some point?
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options

I'm not sure yet since I think I would be mortally embarrassed to tell him.

He's 53, 350 lbs, and we're both pretty sure that he's pre-diabetic so I started doing it because I was worried when he wouldn't go to the doctor. I've been making heart-healthy and diabetes-friendly recipes for months+ making sure he's eating enough fruits/veggies, but I worry he'd feel that I was overstepping my bounds by actually monitoring his calorie intake.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    All the men in the building (specifically within the mortgage company) is sick with man colds, it first started with my boss and now it's alll over. I'm hiding out front with tons of lysol and music so I don't hear the whining :D

Omg survive the manpocalypse!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    About a month ago, my dad told me that there was no way that he'd feel full if he counted calories. This week, he said that he was pretty sure that he's lost weight. He doesn't know that I figured out his TDEE and have been portioning out his meals for three weeks...

That is so awesome, what a good daughter! I tried this on my husband...no go lol
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

I agree. Smart approach! Let him think he accomplished it. He may subconsciously start to make better choices as he gets used to better choices, foods and smaller portions.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Confession: I start StrongCurves tonight as my marathon cross training and I am dreading it. I know I need to but I really hate lifting :( . Also I've been trying to nail down my BF% via those pictoral charts so I could set BF goals against it but I am flaming out. Why are all the sub 20's clearly physique competitors?

Because the human female evolved for childbirth and any bf% below 20 is not optimal for that job. Reminding myself of this biological fact and of how awful I looked at 7.5% and 138 lbs keeps me sane.

Yeah that makes sense, I just find the charts hard to follow as a result though ykwim? I have a bodybuilder friend whose opinion was 18% and that Navy calculator gave me about the same so I think I'll just say 20% and aim for what looks more like 18 on the charts I guess, I'm never going to be a figure competitor though lol. It's one of those "my legs are 15%, my stomach is lmao%" situations -_- .

On the positive side I survived cross training day ;)

I told someone at the gym the other day that I have a permanent baby belly. My abs will never be as strong as they were before 4 kids.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    That is so awesome, what a good daughter! I tried this on my husband...no go lol

It helps that my dad is pretty oblivious. He only realized two weeks ago that I'm the person who's been washing/ironing his clothes and cleaning his bathroom for the past 3 years.

Oberon21 wrote: »
    I agree. Smart approach! Let him think he accomplished it. He may subconsciously start to make better choices as he gets used to better choices, foods and smaller portions.

That seems to be the case so far.

In the past 3 months, he's replaced chips with apple slices (he likes the crunch and that they're easy on his teeth), has started splitting his to-go orders with me (the other day, a tray of nachos he usually eats by himself was too much for him and he gave me half), and has gone from over a 100 ounces of soda a day to a 32 oz from McD's on his way home (he said that soda fills him up too much and he'd rather have whatever meal I've prepped when he gets off work)

I'm really proud of him because he's definitely making healthier decisions! I'm just giving him a nudge here and there to try and help.

Sounds, like you are doing the right thing!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options

That is hilarious!
    mrnick7mwsam.jpg
  • raymax4
    Options

Use this
    wj1nmmxbme51.jpg
    and this
    qhxuknqm1j9k.jpg
  • raymax4
    Options

He's 53, 350 lbs, and we're both pretty sure that he's pre-diabetic so I started doing it because I was worried when he wouldn't go to the doctor. I've been making heart-healthy and diabetes-friendly recipes for months+ making sure he's eating enough fruits/veggies, but I worry he'd feel that I was overstepping my bounds by actually monitoring his calorie intake.

If you are making his food and actually handing it to him there is no need to tell him this. I assume that he can get his own food if he wished and that you don't comment about those choices if he so chooses.
  • raymax4
    Options

It helps that my dad is pretty oblivious. He only realized two weeks ago that I'm the person who's been washing/ironing his clothes and cleaning his bathroom for the past 3 years.

That seems to be the case so far.

In the past 3 months, he's replaced chips with apple slices (he likes the crunch and that they're easy on his teeth), has started splitting his to-go orders with me (the other day, a tray of nachos he usually eats by himself was too much for him and he gave me half), and has gone from over a 100 ounces of soda a day to a 32 oz from McD's on his way home (he said that soda fills him up too much and he'd rather have whatever meal I've prepped when he gets off work)

I'm really proud of him because he's definitely making healthier decisions! I'm just giving him a nudge here and there to try and help.

That is an incredible effort!
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

If you are making his food and actually handing it to him there is no need to tell him this. I assume that he can get his own food if he wished and that you don't comment about those choices if he so chooses.

Yeah, it seems like the conversation would be awkward if we ever had it. I definitely don't comment on his food choices. If he wants a McRib or a 2 liter of Pepsi, I tell him okay and might consider adding an extra vegetable or some salad to the next meal since those things aren't very nutritious, but I'd never tell him what he can or can't eat.
  • Oberon21
    edited December 2016
    Options

One of the men in my office came into work desperately sick yesterday. Stupid. I said the same thing...don't you dare make me sick! Stay home! In today's world of telecommuting there is no reason to come in.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    xmas6.jpg

LMAO @italian_buju that would so be Kyrie.

Totally!

I was gonna say she does not have the support center behind her cuz she is way too bitchy to listen to another cat, lol
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

He really should see a DR.....does he exercise? You should try and talk him into seeing someone, in case things are not working properly from struggling, his kidneys and such should at least be checked out.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

One of the men in my office came into work desperately sick yesterday. Stupid. I said the same thing...don't you dare make me sick! Stay home! In today's world of telecommuting there is no reason to come in.

This is my thoughts exactly! Especially since they all work in mortgages, you can do that stuff from home unless you have a meeting with clients (there was no meetings) so now I'm in the office with a scratchy throat and don't have the luxury of working from home. HMPH!