Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Our group thread 'The Batcave' is now a closed group. After consultation, it's been decided that it would be best to have the group be closed to everyone except members, so that we can all feel safe posting whatever personal stuff we want, pictures etc. We had a number of members who had never posted on the thread but joined the group, and those people have been deleted.

Link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106593-confession-is-good-for-the-soul

If you want an invitation, please message me, @Susieq_1994 or @Italian_Buju and we'll be happy to add you. If you've been deleted but want to remain a member, let one of us know.

Happy Friday!

You didn't kick me out did you???
  • Oberon21
    Options
    So for those of you who remember my "trying to get back into grad school" dilemma, I was accepted to the MS program! Taking 2 classes this Fall, already rented my textbook ahead of time for one class so I can read ahead (yes I'm a nerd, why do you ask?!) and DH is actually 100% supportive of me. No "bait and switch", no lack of follow through, he actually thinks I should do it. One class is a Statistics course and one is on Application Security (computer nerds rule! lol)

Oh and I almost forgot- I have a job booked for this weekend! (Bridal party of 6- I do makeup freelance and I'm super busy in the summer) Bringing snacks with me but I'll be busy until at least 1 pm, I think. Lots of coffee. Gonna try to stay active and get my steps in- you guys are crushing the Fitbit challenge so I gotta step it up! I'm doing well if I get in 12.5k, some of you guys are doing double that and it's so awesome! Wish I could lol

Congratulations on all fronts including supportive hubby!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Confession: I've been daydreaming about the salad I plan to make for dinner since 9:30am today.

No shame there! My stepmother-in-law (or "bonus mom" as I like to call her) makes this one great salad we're obsessed with and we're planning to replicate it tonight if I can convince her to tell me how she makes the dressing. It has apples and soft cheese and tons of spinach and tomatoes and some magic dressing I can't pick apart with my palate....

I miiiiiiiiight have been thinking about it since this morning as well.

That sounds amazing. I will never understand how salad got a reputation for being boring or bland!

I love love love salad.

Me, too...I wish people would share more salad recipes!

By the way, I went to Panera yesterday for lunch and had their Fuji Apple Salad...it was delicious! Now I must learn how to recreate it at home...

I have a great Cesar salad recipe from a bon appetite cookbook I keep at my moms. I'll try and remember to copy/post it in 2 weeks for you. I eat salad for lunch every day.
  • Oberon21
    edited July 2015
    Options

Ok guys I am not going to lie. I just stripped myself naked in the very busy Target parking lot so I could go grocery shopping after running. I was in my car. And I did do it in stages. But still.

Oh, I've done this many times. LOL No shame.
    When you run a race with friends and plan a winery visit after, you have to change somewhere...

I have changed on the street and beach after tris with a towel wrapped around me. In this case in my tiny car with bucket seats I basically stripped. Anyone looking would have gotten an eyeful. Or I would have been arrested.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kellypence wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    5 for 5 commuting by bike to work this week makes me a happy camper. Thanks, Mother Nature! (I say this on the cusp of a week long heat wave forecasted to start tomorrow).

NSV.... my 2,000 mile goal for 2015 was just passed yesterday, a full 5 months ahead of plan which also gave me 5,000+ miles total since I started recording rides summer 2013. Nice milestone there.

Happy Friday friends! :mrgreen:

muelg6qh7mvj.jpg

Nice Job! I just started bike riding again, planning for a triathlon in Sept. Went for a ride with my 6.5 year old son to the library last night when he informed me that he "doesn't ride on ground like this!" (picture a hand thrust out at about a 45 degree angle and an intimidating glare). Apparently the world needs to be flat for him to ride. I told him to get over it, and he spitefully did...

Congrats on the tri!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    5 for 5 commuting by bike to work this week makes me a happy camper. Thanks, Mother Nature! (I say this on the cusp of a week long heat wave forecasted to start tomorrow).

NSV.... my 2,000 mile goal for 2015 was just passed yesterday, a full 5 months ahead of plan which also gave me 5,000+ miles total since I started recording rides summer 2013. Nice milestone there.

muelg6qh7mvj.jpg

Ok I've been staying awake to get back to this to personally say congratulations! You are rocking it. I see that century on the horizon!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Random question did we get back on the main forums or into chit chat again? Seem to be a lot of new folks here today?
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

muelg6qh7mvj.jpg

Ok I've been staying awake to get back to this to personally say congratulations! You are rocking it. I see that century on the horizon!

Tour de Tucson in November :smiley:

Just a suggestion.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @MoHousdon don't worry I knew what puppy chow was- love that stuff I don't know how you managed to stop at three pieces!!

@berlynnwall yayyy I'm happy you're back!!

@rungirl1973 I'm sorry y'all are dealing with that nonsense. I work in child support so it's the kind of junk I see everyday. You can file contempt charges all day but it costs so much each time just for the judge to give the other party a slap on the wrist. I hope things get better you, your SO, and the kids.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @MoHousdon didn't know what puppy chow was no. But we only get one kind of chex cereal up here in the great white north.

We make our party mix with Cheerios and shreddies. ;)

And these are???

• MoHousdon
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    I feel ill now from my food intake so far today.

What I've had:
    3 zucchini bars with cream cheese frosting (not logged in my diary :blush: )
    1 Rice Krispie Treat
    1 serving of Ruffles potato chips with French onion dip (one of my most favoritest snacks)
    1 cup of diced watermelon (no, I did not learn my lesson from my personal watermelon the other night)
    1 bite of a subpar donut (threw the rest in the garbage)
    6 baby carrots
    3 small florets of cauliflower
    1 serving of ranch dip
    1 24 oz. venti Starbucks black sweet tea (my new summer obsession)
    1 peanut butter supreme Quest Bar
    4 tortilla rollups
    3 pieces of puppy chow
    40 oz. water
    Did you think we wouldn't notice??

I was wondering the same thing. I mean... a girl's gotta have her protein, but this seems extreme. @MoHousdon - stop stealing your dog's food. Or taking dares at work. :wink:

Do you all seriously NOT know what puppy chow is?! It's Chex cereal with powdered sugar, peanut butter, and melted chocolate chips. I don't make a habit of eating puppy food. I only did that when I was 5 and my brother made me.

mdywtyvsd58d.jpg

Hahaha - I honestly didn't know what puppy chow was. Now that I do, I want some. Also, I'm totally impressed at your restraint in only eating 3 pieces of it!! Well done, @MoHousdon !! But seriously, fill your pockets up with that and bring some to me, please.

This was after the 3 zucchini bars and everything else I had already eaten. I wanted another Rice Krispie Treat, but they were all gone. It was puppy chow or generic Oreos.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    So, hubby has seen his daughter 3 times since last September and guess what? Baby momma was a no-show at the court ordered meeting point again today. I give up. She turned the son against us, we haven't seen him since March 2014.

My heart aches for you. I'm sorry you're going through this.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    How do we get @Italian_Buju to come back?! Also, where has Lois been? @m1xm0d3 thanks for holding it down for the fellas. Glad to see you stuck around.

@ASG_21 nice to put a user name with @susieqshusband. Welcome, Lurky McLurkerson.

I can't believe I forgot the "Mc" part. Thanks for bring that to my attention @Susieq_1994

You guys certainly are a persistent group......

I think I have had enough interaction with you guys in the group since I embarrassed myself that I should be able to just swallow my pride, even if I choke on it a little. However you guys do realize that now I have two weeks worth of posts to catch up on and binge post on things possibly two weeks old, right? This might turn into a case of be careful what you wish for lol.

I do want to say thanks guys. I tried to post a few times but kept stumbling over my words and never knew what to say. Even though I did not read along with this thread, I did check when I had notifications here. You guys rock.
    Sorry I got freaked out :|
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @Italian_Buju YAY! Finally! I've been waiting for you to come back! We've missed you bunches over here.
    Take your time catching up and reply to whatever you want from whenever you want. Might be good to rehash some old stuff or you might catch something that we missed the first go 'round (It happens).

It's totally okay that you got freaked out, just remember that we are here to support you 100%. No judgement. :smiley:
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options

I had to return a product to GNC that seriously was one of the most vilest things I have ever ate in my entire life! I would rather eat Kale with no salad dressing! I bought this peanut butter called Cracked Nut Butter in a Cookie Dough flavor for around $6.99 with my Gold card. I had seen it online & knew it wouldn't be very sweet but I wasn't expecting it to taste like vomit. So if you ever see this product & you like sweet peanut butters or at the very least semi-sweet then avoid this like the plague.

I think you're being unfairly harsh! Who among us doesn't relish not very sweet vomit flavoured anything? I have to say I am severely disappointed in you and we thought this was a no judgement zone! ;)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @rungirl1973, sorry you're going through all that. :(
    @Italian_Buju, Wahooo!!! Welcome back! :)

I have seen a bunch of different recipes for puppy chow on Pinterest but have never actually tried it. Looks good though.
    ythannah wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    I totally wee in the shower.

I am sure we have all done that a time or two... :D

I can honestly say I have never peed in a shower/pool/ocean. I will admit that I've tried, but my body just won't let it happen lol.

Me neither. I remember having major surgery when I was 19 and the first night I was given a bedpan to pee in... even though my bladder was close to bursting, it took a LOT of effort to pee while sitting in bed.

Aaaaand... four days later, I'm finally caught up!

Yay for being caught up! In triathlon people go to the bathroom in their wetsuit and on the bike. While under extreme duress I can go in my wetsuit now (but not while swimming) I refuse to go on the bike (I think that is beyond disgusting and since I am not fast I see no reason not to stop at a portapotty on course). They even go while running...no way could I do that.

People just pee all over themselves?! That is nasty. :s
    Not just pee. Have you not seen the photos? Google 'runner's diarrhea'.
    *Not for the squeamish.

Is that from all the protein bars with extra fiber?! If that is a side effect of running, I'm glad I don't do it.

This happens a lot in marathons. People get so exhausted their muscles just give out. I have seen it it is nasty. I always feel bad for people when this happens. Luckily I rarely have to"go" running. And before longer races I make sure I take care of this. ;)

My husband has been racing his whole life and I have been to many races to cheer him on. I have never been one to use a public bathroom or portapotty unless I really can't wait until I'm home. But I absolutely refuse to go at any race event...the bathrooms are so stinky because of everyone trying to take care of the problem before the race. He's also run Boston Marathon and a few other marathons and I've witnessed the "accidents" (not him, but other runners). :(
  • Oberon21
    Options
    How do we get @Italian_Buju to come back?! Also, where has Lois been? @m1xm0d3 thanks for holding it down for the fellas. Glad to see you stuck around.

@ASG_21 nice to put a user name with @susieqshusband. Welcome, Lurky McLurkerson.

I can't believe I forgot the "Mc" part. Thanks for bring that to my attention @Susieq_1994

You guys certainly are a persistent group......

I think I have had enough interaction with you guys in the group since I embarrassed myself that I should be able to just swallow my pride, even if I choke on it a little. However you guys do realize that now I have two weeks worth of posts to catch up on and binge post on things possibly two weeks old, right? This might turn into a case of be careful what you wish for lol.

I do want to say thanks guys. I tried to post a few times but kept stumbling over my words and never knew what to say. Even though I did not read along with this thread, I did check when I had notifications here. You guys rock.
    Sorry I got freaked out :|

I am still not sure why you feel you have anything to be embarrassed about. But we are very glad to have you back here among ALL the chickens. I'll be catching up right along side you so well have competing binge fests!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Ok folks NJ state triathlon in Mercer County Park today. I have lots of great pictures from the walk I took there last night after picking up my race packet (fighting for my committed steps in the Fitbit challenge) and will a few more tonight. I just have to find the time to upload them and then post!

This is just a sprint so a short race.

The best part? I allow myself a toasted wheat bagel from Dunkin Donuts. The worst part? Getting up this early and getting cracking on a Saturday. Off I go!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @pofoster21 Good luck!!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @MoHousdon I think shreddies would be similar to wheat chex. This is what they look like:

13rp1ajl9djn.jpg

And yes, I totally took a screenshot from Google.