Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    All... race update. I never got in the water. I was the very last wave to go in and we were queuing up to go in when a huge thunderstorm rolled in. With lightening. So race cancelled. Mad dash to car. Guess I'll go run...I need to burn off that bagel I ate in anticipation of a morning of exercise!!! Oh well at least I wasn't out on the bike. I was bummed I was the last wave to go out. Now I am glad!

Oops, too bad! I'm glad you weren't out in the water when the storm started, though. :)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I feel ill now from my food intake so far today.

What I've had:
    3 zucchini bars with cream cheese frosting (not logged in my diary :blush: )
    1 Rice Krispie Treat
    1 serving of Ruffles potato chips with French onion dip (one of my most favoritest snacks)
    1 cup of diced watermelon (no, I did not learn my lesson from my personal watermelon the other night)
    1 bite of a subpar donut (threw the rest in the garbage)
    6 baby carrots
    3 small florets of cauliflower
    1 serving of ranch dip
    1 24 oz. venti Starbucks black sweet tea (my new summer obsession)
    1 peanut butter supreme Quest Bar
    4 tortilla rollups
    3 pieces of puppy chow
    40 oz. water
    Did you think we wouldn't notice??

I was wondering the same thing. I mean... a girl's gotta have her protein, but this seems extreme. @MoHousdon - stop stealing your dog's food. Or taking dares at work. :wink:

Do you all seriously NOT know what puppy chow is?! It's Chex cereal with powdered sugar, peanut butter, and melted chocolate chips. I don't make a habit of eating puppy food. I only did that when I was 5 and my brother made me.

mdywtyvsd58d.jpg

Hahaha - I honestly didn't know what puppy chow was. Now that I do, I want some. Also, I'm totally impressed at your restraint in only eating 3 pieces of it!! Well done, @MoHousdon !! But seriously, fill your pockets up with that and bring some to me, please.

Nor did I... but I'm disappointed that it is yet another snack made with peanut butter.

And I was momentarily jealous thinking that you had a puppy. <3 puppies <3
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Hello all hope everyone has a good weekend!!
    I'll try and post as much as I can but today is a large family gathering back in Dayton and then tomorrow I'm going to Kings Island where I'll ride alllll the roller coasters woot woot!!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Hello all hope everyone has a good weekend!!
    I'll try and post as much as I can but today is a large family gathering back in Dayton and then tomorrow I'm going to Kings Island where I'll ride alllll the roller coasters woot woot!!
    Wooo! Have fun with your family!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    All... race update. I never got in the water. I was the very last wave to go in and we were queuing up to go in when a huge thunderstorm rolled in. With lightening. So race cancelled. Mad dash to car. Guess I'll go run...I need to burn off that bagel I ate in anticipation of a morning of exercise!!! Oh well at least I wasn't out on the bike. I was bummed I was the last wave to go out. Now I am glad!
    Oh, that's disappointing!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Confession: Much, much food was eaten yesterday for Eid. A lot of it was chocolate. :p We went to a lovely traditional Yemeni restaurant for lunch, and had some really nice food. I wasn't a huge fan of our main meal, because it was quite bland and I prefer things that are more flavorful. But the traditional bread was delicious, and the dessert... Oh my gosh, it was AMAZING. So, so good. It was a very simple, an extremely dense sort of cake made with dates, nuts, and some bread dough. (I looked it up afterward because I couldn't figure out what it was made of) It wasn't very sweet at all, just mildly sweet from the dates in the mixture, and came with thick cream and honey for dipping. I loved it to the moon and back. SO GOOD. My description is very unsatisfying, so I tried to find a picture but couldn't find one. :-/

Editing to add: FOUND ONE AT LAST!

vwcsxi6563lo.jpg

Mine looked exactly like this, but there was a thick cream on the other side along with the honey.
    I...I...believe I would enjoy that very much. What's it called?
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    All my Canadian friends on here - anyone have any ideas where to buy reasonably priced bras in 38G or H? I'm hoping this is a transitional size so I don't want to spend a ton but my old 44DD is getting a little too big.

The 44's were probably wrong too but they did the trick and I could find them at a reasonable cost.
    I'd go to Sears or The Bay - they always seem to have some kind of lingerie sale on. They'd fit you too, so you could get the right size.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Everyone was chatty last night while Iwas dropping half a plate of Greek food down my jeans leg and thinking at least it was Greek dressing and neither peanut butter not chocolate that went down my left thigh. LOL. I was seriously pissed that I dropped half of a $13 plate of food though.

Today, I am tempting fate. I ordered a chili-cheese baked potato for lunch even though I am wearing white pants and a black and white top.

Hehehe! Good luck tempting fate :)

I win!!! No chili or.cheese on my clothes!!!

You realize, of course, that you'll now spill something like.... coffee/tea/water on your pants juuuuust as you're thinking the threat has passed.... :wink:
    My husband once spilled half of his tea all down his white shirt on the way to work, and then when he got there, realised he'd put on non-matching shoes - it was dark when he was going out the door, and he just grabbed two black shoes, not checking to see if they were a pair. He said people looked at him strangely all day. You think?!

I remember when I was in Elementary school I had to wear my babysitter's shoes to school since I somehow forgot to put some on before leaving the house. She was probably 50-60 at the time & maybe a size 9-10 & I am sure it looked like I was wearing clown shoes.

I've been nearly leaving the house in my slippers most days for the past few weeks. So far I've only ever gotten as far as the car before I realise (I usually only take one step out the front door) so it's not too bad. It feels as though it's only a matter of time before I drive to work in my slippers though.

I've totally done this...had to turn around and go home to change.

I totally keep a pair of black pumps at my desk and have worn my waterproof hiking sandals to the office everyday this week. No shame.

I just counted, and I have 11 pairs of shoes under my desk in my office, not counting the running shoes I came to work in. I think it's a really common thing to do in less-than-ideal climates like mine (where I have to wear Sorel boots to work half the year if I don't want to freeze to death) so definitely no shame!

I walk 20-30 minutes to work every day depending on traffic lights and I am NOT doing it in heels, even in summer.

I keep shoes at work in the winter - you learn after having to schlump around in sorels all day or go sock foot (not an option when people are tracking in snow).

My collection at work right now is cardigans - it's cool enough in the morning to need a sweater but too warm in the afternoon to remember to take it home.

I'm guilty of that as well! Apparently my office is just another closet. I have a couple blazers, a couple cardigans, and a raincoat hanging on the back of my door too. But it's handy when I'm pushing the casual in business casual and someone important shows up, because I can throw on a blazer and more conservative shoes and I'm good to go.

I have a pair of flats, a pair of sneakers, and an extra pair of snow boots in my office to deal with whatever might come up, if I came to work in heels. I also have a light jacket and a fleece (mostly for the temperature in my office!), plus an old pair of jeans, socks, t-shirt, and slightly nicer shirt (for food spillage emergencies). People think I'm nuts.

I don't think you're nuts...I think you're smart!
    Absolutely! Prepared for all eventualities, including Zombie Apocalypse.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I found my new favorite dessert last night. Something awesome enough to keep the Talenti troll away. I've had the blueberry ones before and they are awesome but I loooove me some cold lemon flavor.

@ 80 cals a bar I'm sold. I ate 3 last night!

I was momentarily jealous until I realized we have these:

2449078.jpg.thumb.420.420.margin.png

and these:

BMVanillaYogurtSmoothie.jpg.thumb.420.420.margin.png

The vanilla ones are decent but the caramel ones are truly awesome.

Those are SO GOOD. I hate shopping at Superstore but I do like a lot of the PC products (and the points! I've gotten almost $400 in free groceries since that program started.) But the one closest to me is often like shopping in Soviet Russia with empty shelves and stuff and there's always groups of men trying to pick up women at the grocery store there, it is kind of bizarre. I was getting live lobster there a couple months ago and an Italian guy sincerely tried to invite himself home with me while I was standing in front of the tank. Just, like...inner-city weirdos, I guess, because my friends who shop there too seem to all have the same issues. It's the one thing I miss about living in suburbia, because my old Superstore was clean, stocked, and full of nice housewives in salwar kameez who were polite with their carts and didn't let their children run screaming up and down the aisles.

I, like Susie, enjoy grocery shopping, so it's a total buzzkill to do it at such a frustrating store.
    Haha! My local Superstore is well-stocked and pretty civilized - nobody has ever tried to pick me up there! Although there is an odd smell around the meat department which makes me prefer buying my meat elsewhere.

My nearby one is in a pretty shady area just outside the downtown proper, so it's...just not ideal. Sad stuff like homeless people buying mouthwash and that kind of thing too, but the lobster story is at least funny so I stick with that when I'm complaining about the place, usually.
    Everyone was chatty last night while Iwas dropping half a plate of Greek food down my jeans leg and thinking at least it was Greek dressing and neither peanut butter not chocolate that went down my left thigh. LOL. I was seriously pissed that I dropped half of a $13 plate of food though.

Today, I am tempting fate. I ordered a chili-cheese baked potato for lunch even though I am wearing white pants and a black and white top.

You realize, of course, that you'll now spill something like.... coffee/tea/water on your pants juuuuust as you're thinking the threat has passed.... :wink:
    My husband once spilled half of his tea all down his white shirt on the way to work, and then when he got there, realised he'd put on non-matching shoes - it was dark when he was going out the door, and he just grabbed two black shoes, not checking to see if they were a pair. He said people looked at him strangely all day. You think?!

I remember when I was in Elementary school I had to wear my babysitter's shoes to school since I somehow forgot to put some on before leaving the house. She was probably 50-60 at the time & maybe a size 9-10 & I am sure it looked like I was wearing clown shoes.

I've been nearly leaving the house in my slippers most days for the past few weeks. So far I've only ever gotten as far as the car before I realise (I usually only take one step out the front door) so it's not too bad. It feels as though it's only a matter of time before I drive to work in my slippers though.

I totally keep a pair of black pumps at my desk and have worn my waterproof hiking sandals to the office everyday this week. No shame.

I just counted, and I have 11 pairs of shoes under my desk in my office, not counting the running shoes I came to work in. I think it's a really common thing to do in less-than-ideal climates like mine (where I have to wear Sorel boots to work half the year if I don't want to freeze to death) so definitely no shame!

I walk 20-30 minutes to work every day depending on traffic lights and I am NOT doing it in heels, even in summer.

I wish I lived in a place where I could walk to work. Although, I'm always late so I take the parking lot closest to my suite in the building. I really should park at the end of the parking lot on the other side of the building and walk from there.

Being able to walk is nice, but sometimes I'd like to have an excuse to drive when it's forty below, haha. But parking in my office tower is $50/day if you don't have a monthly pass (which is...similarly obscene) so I only do it when I have to bring something large home and can expense it.

$50 A DAY? That is more than Manhattan! That is NUTS!
    Calgary (I'm 3 hrs away from @peleroja) has the second highest parking rates in North America, after NY. It's insane how much is costs to park downtown. A paid parking spot is a major perk.
    http://www.calgaryherald.com/business/Only+York+tops+Calgary+downtown+parking+rates/9690733/story.html
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »

I had to return a product to GNC that seriously was one of the most vilest things I have ever ate in my entire life! I would rather eat Kale with no salad dressing! I bought this peanut butter called Cracked Nut Butter in a Cookie Dough flavor for around $6.99 with my Gold card. I had seen it online & knew it wouldn't be very sweet but I wasn't expecting it to taste like vomit. So if you ever see this product & you like sweet peanut butters or at the very least semi-sweet then avoid this like the plague.

I think you're being unfairly harsh! Who among us doesn't relish not very sweet vomit flavoured anything? I have to say I am severely disappointed in you and we thought this was a no judgement zone! ;)
    Hahha!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Hi from page 1246! Im reading and trying to catch up, it may take a while.

I miss you guys. I have been having a bit of a rough time. I'm seeing a trend of this as I read through. I hope everyone is doing alright, and I will check in as I can.
    Look forward to hearing from you when you get all caught up. Sorry you're having a hard time.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    So, hubby has seen his daughter 3 times since last September and guess what? Baby momma was a no-show at the court ordered meeting point again today. I give up. She turned the son against us, we haven't seen him since March 2014.

Can he file for custody or equitable visitation? How old is his son?

The son is 16.

We fought and fought in court, have spent a TON of money on our lawyer. That's how we came up with the court ordered schedule and meeting place we have (we moved 200 miles away from them, so the visiting times are not as frequent as before), which she continues to ignore anyway. She's in contempt of court, but it would be several thousand more dollars to go back and forth in court to get her cited for it and then she still wouldn't show up for the meeting times, and we'd be back at square one. She thinks she is above the law, apparently, and I'm tired of fighting it. The daughter decided last month not to come and went to New Mexico to visit her grandparents instead. We could have seen her another weekend, but weren't given the option. I'm tired of fighting this, but I'll do whatever he wants to do...
    That sucks! Well, on the plus side, he's 16 not 6, so in a couple of years he'll be free to make his own decisions. I'm sure he'll want to spend some time with his dad at some point - hopefully he'll get away from the influence of his mother.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    sst036 wrote: »
    Went to the gym this morning...and got McDonald's for breakfast on the way home. I have no idea why other than I didn't want to make an omelette when I got home like I was supposed to. Oh well.

I am also going to make those chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars that were posted earlier (I lurk like a creep a lot because I'm in Australia and all the interesting conversation happens when it's night here). Thanks for providing my dessert inspiration for tonight's dinner party!
    How'd they turn out?
  • maggiemay530
    maggiemay530 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

I love this! Probably didn't make the cocoa because didn't plan to consume the whole dose to make a cup full.

I'm still smoking and PLEASE don't forget the not being mean rule!!! I know...I know... I know! DISGUSTING and deadly.

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    All my Canadian friends on here - anyone have any ideas where to buy reasonably priced bras in 38G or H? I'm hoping this is a transitional size so I don't want to spend a ton but my old 44DD is getting a little too big.

The 44's were probably wrong too but they did the trick and I could find them at a reasonable cost.

I've NEVER found reasonable prices for bras outside the A-DD spectrum in a brick and mortar store in Canada, unfortunately. I order all mine from Bare Neccessities, Fig Leaves, or Amazon (my fav Freya Deco is only $60 on Amazon compared to $120 at my local specialty boutiques). Return policies are good so you can order a few and return what you don't like (or, uh...,go to a pricey specialty store, try them all on, then go order online. Sorry, small business owners, but I can't afford $120 bras all the time.)

I'm glad you're okay and didn't get hit by lightning!!

ythannah wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I found my new favorite dessert last night. Something awesome enough to keep the Talenti troll away. I've had the blueberry ones before and they are awesome but I loooove me some cold lemon flavor.

@ 80 cals a bar I'm sold. I ate 3 last night!

I was momentarily jealous until I realized we have these:

2449078.jpg.thumb.420.420.margin.png

and these:

BMVanillaYogurtSmoothie.jpg.thumb.420.420.margin.png

The vanilla ones are decent but the caramel ones are truly awesome.

Those are SO GOOD. I hate shopping at Superstore but I do like a lot of the PC products (and the points! I've gotten almost $400 in free groceries since that program started.) But the one closest to me is often like shopping in Soviet Russia with empty shelves and stuff and there's always groups of men trying to pick up women at the grocery store there, it is kind of bizarre. I was getting live lobster there a couple months ago and an Italian guy sincerely tried to invite himself home with me while I was standing in front of the tank. Just, like...inner-city weirdos, I guess, because my friends who shop there too seem to all have the same issues. It's the one thing I miss about living in suburbia, because my old Superstore was clean, stocked, and full of nice housewives in salwar kameez who were polite with their carts and didn't let their children run screaming up and down the aisles.

I, like Susie, enjoy grocery shopping, so it's a total buzzkill to do it at such a frustrating store.
    Haha! My local Superstore is well-stocked and pretty civilized - nobody has ever tried to pick me up there! Although there is an odd smell around the meat department which makes me prefer buying my meat elsewhere.

My nearby one is in a pretty shady area just outside the downtown proper, so it's...just not ideal. Sad stuff like homeless people buying mouthwash and that kind of thing too, but the lobster story is at least funny so I stick with that when I'm complaining about the place, usually.

I wish I lived in a place where I could walk to work. Although, I'm always late so I take the parking lot closest to my suite in the building. I really should park at the end of the parking lot on the other side of the building and walk from there.

Being able to walk is nice, but sometimes I'd like to have an excuse to drive when it's forty below, haha. But parking in my office tower is $50/day if you don't have a monthly pass (which is...similarly obscene) so I only do it when I have to bring something large home and can expense it.

$50 A DAY? That is more than Manhattan! That is NUTS!
    Calgary (I'm 3 hrs away from @peleroja) has the second highest parking rates in North America, after NY. It's insane how much is costs to park downtown. A paid parking spot is a major perk.
    http://www.calgaryherald.com/business/Only+York+tops+Calgary+downtown+parking+rates/9690733/story.html

Yep, parking is expensive here, but people pay it, so it won't change. My job has subsidized passes and there are cheaper parkades nearby too, but heated underground is always crazy expensive (but necessary in winter if you want to be able to start your car after work....)

Happy Eid, @Susieq_1994!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I'm so sorry :( I hope the flare is a short one and you get to feeling better soon :(

@orangesmartie That's such an awesome attitude! Today is a new day and it's going to be great! I am jealous- I want to go to Nashville! lol not sure about the running (I run like an arthritic tortoise) but the rest sounds awesome.

AFM, it was a whirlwind weekend. I have Insulin Resistance and I'm hypoglycemic. If I eat like I'm supposed to (very strict, controlled diet) I can maintain my weight. Eat less, and I'll lose. Eat a bit of sugar, I get sick for half a day. I'm not kidding, either- an entire chocolate chip cookie is enough to have me on the couch for a few hours :( I eat ice cream or gelato by 1 tbsp and that's it and I'll still feel weird after unless I down water. Can't really eat fruit, unless it's a couple berries. I've learned to adjust and it's hard to own a home bakery when I want to taste everything but I've learned not to. I also scaled back my business.

My mom was watching oldest DS for us on July 4th, so when we went to pick him up yesterday, we grilled chicken and vegs for her as a "thank you". She had made two desserts and basically guilt tripped me into eating a bite of each. A regular forkful sized bite of each. I still don't feel right. I'm so bloated my pants don't fit well, my stomach is heaving, and I have a pounding headache. I'm mad at myself for not sticking to my guns.

But...in great news, we were approved to adopt the dog! She's coming up here on Saturday!! SO excited! We got some supplies and DH is actually getting excited, too. Her foster mom keeps sending me pics and it's making me so anxious to see her!

Ugh, I hope you feel better! You would think your mom understands how bloated & sick you get from eating sugar.

Happy to hear that you were approved to adopt the dog.

What's funny is she's diabetic, so she should understand. Her dose of Metformin is too high though but she doesn't go get it changed, because it allows her to eat a LOT of fruits and sweets (to counteract the Metformin). I tell her she's the worst diabetic ever.

This made me cringe a bit.....that is a dangerous cycle. My mother was the worse diabetic ever also, and she lost her leg, had bad cateracts and heart failure. I know another girl that has only been diabetic ten years, and she does not take care of herself properly, and has lost all the toes on one foot (it was a miracle they could save the foot!), and is now going blind. I know another girl that eats junk like nobody's business and takes her meds when she wants, she had a MAJOR heart attack in her late 20's. Those girls are both T2's. In all seriousness, if you have the ability, I would tell her DR about that, so he can cut it back.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Hi everyone!!! I'm surprised that there are so many pages to catch up on. I'm currently working on it. :)

I had a good birthday. I actually got a swimming suit and swam for the first time in a LONG time. I swam Friday and Saturday before the storms rolled in. I got to see fireworks Thursday, Friday and Saturday (I love fireworks). I was able to eat bbq, s'mores and had a lot of fun. I'm sad it is over.

My boyfriend did hang out with me from Thursday to Sunday. We got along well. Last night we decided to take a break and he is going to work on himself. I think it is a good thing. I finally think he understands how hurt my heart was/is. I'm feeling better at least.

Glad to hear it!

And super jealous, I am dying to go swimming and today was the only day it would have been hot enough this week and I was stuck at work all day!!

I seriously hadn't been swimming since about 2007ish so it was a long time. I had to go buy a swimsuit. I was just glad I found a cute one that fit pretty good. I just hate that my hair is all dry now from the chlorine. :|

I hope you get to go swimming sometime soon. :)
    I STILL have not been able to go swimming....I am hopefully gonna get there Tuesday. I actually was dreaming about swimming before I woke up this morning....how sad is that!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Thinking about me as a little kid inspired me to dig these out:
    Past the bald-blob stage but I don't have any of those on my phone unfortunately, haha.
    Anyone have any of themselves?
    What a cutie pie!! I might have some old pictures of me on Facebook. Maybe I can figure out how to get them on here...
    If you right-click them and save the image url, you can just paste it in here like this:
    [ img ] www.yourcopyandpastedlink.com [/ img ]
    but without any spaces.
    10613070_10203415220996122_8274225525690114739_n_zpsbt3d9ifa.jpg.html?&_suid=143593998689402962107820568675
    You're close! I think I can fix it. Here's @kecmw25:
    You did! How did you fix it? How old are those pictures huh?
    You were like a little doll! And speaking of dolls, I had a similar huge Raggedy Ann too. Kind of scary now, but it's funny how that stuff looks different to us now.
    Aww, thanks! I posted them to show someone how I looked at that age since I post so many pictures of my daughter on Facebook. Confession: I'm one of those moms :)
    I don't think you looked like a blob at all, you were adorable!!
    I love your avatar... Susie...you need to look at that one. The Hey, you...don't give up, OK?
    I think that is great.

I was going to make the same comment. Love that avatar!
    P.s. –I hope your knee is okay!

@Italian_Buju thank you for sharing that. I'm pretty sure I have some tendencies, I do the repeated checking of my bag, I always used to eat all of one thing on my plate, although I have mostly managed now to stop doing that. I actually have a lot of weird things with food, which watching tv discovered a lot were things people with anorexia do, so I'm not sure how come I'm the size I am! I think a lot of mine are checking and ordering things, that I don't really realise I do. My mum knows if I've been round while she's out because if there's a pile of coins on the side it'll have been stacked in height order.
    I think most people have some tendencies that can be considered OCD like.....the main difference is the focus and obsession in doing the task. It is odd though that so many people can have tendencies like that.
    That worries me about the anorexia tendencies, have you talked to someone about that??
    No, I haven't, it's things like eating food in certain orders, and knowing the calories in everything. I can't remember the others, just remember when I watched it realised almost all of them were things I do. But I've never even made it to my goal weight (or even halfway!), so I don't really think it's something to worry about. Although I think that was probably when I started trying not to eat all my food in order.

I have a lot of food I have to eat in a certain order too. Then there are things like pizza where I have to take all the toppings/cheese off and eat the crust first. Then I eat all the toppings last. I get frustrated because I do this every time and sometimes I just think I need to eat like a normal person. Haha

I am exactly the same way with pizza and now I notice my son does the same thing haha

That would be four of us then! I do the same.

What is with all you guys ruining pizza??? Didnt we already discuss this earlier in the thread with pasta?? THESE ARE SINS AGAINST MY PEOPLE!!! :p

LOL! I would NEVER.

And, I don't think I mentioned it when we were on the subject of pasta, but I once caught my husband putting olive oil into the spaghetti while it was cooking. I made him start over. And, he claims his mother's family is Italian. Pfffftttt

:D
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I hope you feel better soon! Stay strong, girl... we all know you're awesome! I wish I could send you some airplane pictures to maybe cheer you up a little.... but unfortunately the clouds were so dark and heavy when I flew to and from Punta Cana that I didn't see anything worth getting. Just a constant blanket of cloud :(

I've been watching Survivor today after a LONG hiatus away from this show. The thing about shows like these are that they give me huge adrenaline boosts. It's all the excitement, people blind-sighting each other... people I like winning challenges when they thought they were going home, etc. It's the same thing when singers perform really well on The Voice. My boyfriend doesn't understand how these happy adrenaline rushes come out of reality TV :lol: The guy I want to win won an Immunity challenge (the underdog... I usually go for the underdogs...), so I was up out of my seat dancing around. Maybe I'm just a dork.

I LOVE SURVIVOR TOO!

Are you watching the last season now? I can't wait for next season!

Another show that I always say I'm not going to watch but always wind up watching. LOL
    I watched the last season while it was on. I'm sure I'll watch the next season, too. My mom hates it when they bring back people from previous seasons. They already had their chance.

I sort of like it when they bring back the crazy ones.

The new season this fall is all returning players! Most of them are fine, but there are a few of them that I wondered WHO would vote for them to come back! UGH! I am so happy Joe and Spencer are back, but why would people want to see Kass, Shirin or Abi-Maria again is beyond me! It will be interesting to see some of the first players play again like Kelly and Jeff. I am super excited for this season!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    T minus 4 days and I will be playing on the beach! This week cannot go fast enough! On a related note, my son is leaving today with my parents. They are going to go visit my grandparents for a few days before meeting up with us at the beach house.

Four nights child-free. Guess what the child-free-nights plan is? Yep, the gym. LOL

YAY so much to look forward to!!

Awesome! Also, @LBuehrle8, has your gym opened back up yet?

YES! It FINALLY did last week! It looks like they changed all the flooring and up on the 3rd floor there's no longer a movie theater but looks like another room to hold classes. All in all not much of a change, I was hoping they'd get all new machines and equipment!

Your gym had a movie theater?? I want a gym with a movie theater........