Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have an opinion on goat milk? I haven't had it since I was in Girl Scouts and we did some milk taste test (I remember one of them made me nearly puke on the floor but I can't remember what it was). I like goat cheese and I'm pretty curious and interested in the milk :tongue:

I also heard that donkey milk was really good, but where in the world do you get donkey milk? :lol:

EDIT: LOVE those shoes! They're super cute!

This made me gag a little bit! I find milk in general gross, I only use it for cooking, or enough to basically wet my cereal.....I can handle chocolate milk on occasion, but only if I mentally block it out!

I find it gross that we are the only species in the world that drinks the milk of other species.......
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Daughter went to the doctor this morning. If I wasn't there, she wouldn't have told them the whole story, so I went with. The anxiety, it's worse than I realized. Poor girl, she has anxiety over every social situation. I had no idea.

Anyhow, they are checking her thyroid, gave her a prescription, and she'll go back in 4 weeks to see how it's going.

My son went to the dentist. I know there are thousands of dollars of work that needs to be done on his teeth. The dentist sent him home with a "procedure plan" to review and plan for the next steps. Ugh. I guess I'll look at that when I get home. But, really, what am I going to do? He only has one set of teeth. They have to be taken care of, or he'll have dentures by age 25. Dang kid.

My daughter had this too! And she did not say anything to me for years! I had no idea, I thought she was just being a moody teenager! She has been on meds for just over a year now and things are much better for her! She ended up getting really depressed because she could never go out. I hope things are getting better for her now!

As far as your son and the dentist, I do not know what is with boys and teeth! My son is 17 and he goes for a cleaning every four months instead of the normal six because he does not clean his teeth properly. And his tooth brushes always look like he chews them instead of brushing!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I hope you feel better soon! Stay strong, girl... we all know you're awesome! I wish I could send you some airplane pictures to maybe cheer you up a little.... but unfortunately the clouds were so dark and heavy when I flew to and from Punta Cana that I didn't see anything worth getting. Just a constant blanket of cloud :(

I've been watching Survivor today after a LONG hiatus away from this show. The thing about shows like these are that they give me huge adrenaline boosts. It's all the excitement, people blind-sighting each other... people I like winning challenges when they thought they were going home, etc. It's the same thing when singers perform really well on The Voice. My boyfriend doesn't understand how these happy adrenaline rushes come out of reality TV :lol: The guy I want to win won an Immunity challenge (the underdog... I usually go for the underdogs...), so I was up out of my seat dancing around. Maybe I'm just a dork.

I LOVE SURVIVOR TOO!

Are you watching the last season now? I can't wait for next season!

Another show that I always say I'm not going to watch but always wind up watching. LOL
    I watched the last season while it was on. I'm sure I'll watch the next season, too. My mom hates it when they bring back people from previous seasons. They already had their chance.

I sort of like it when they bring back the crazy ones.

The new season this fall is all returning players! Most of them are fine, but there are a few of them that I wondered WHO would vote for them to come back! UGH! I am so happy Joe and Spencer are back, but why would people want to see Kass, Shirin or Abi-Maria again is beyond me! It will be interesting to see some of the first players play again like Kelly and Jeff. I am super excited for this season!

Who is Abi-Maria?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Daughter went to the doctor this morning. If I wasn't there, she wouldn't have told them the whole story, so I went with. The anxiety, it's worse than I realized. Poor girl, she has anxiety over every social situation. I had no idea.

Anyhow, they are checking her thyroid, gave her a prescription, and she'll go back in 4 weeks to see how it's going.

My son went to the dentist. I know there are thousands of dollars of work that needs to be done on his teeth. The dentist sent him home with a "procedure plan" to review and plan for the next steps. Ugh. I guess I'll look at that when I get home. But, really, what am I going to do? He only has one set of teeth. They have to be taken care of, or he'll have dentures by age 25. Dang kid.
    Oh, so sorry :/ What was the prescription for? The anxiety?
    I could have written this. My daughter is really struggling too (19 yo - the one with anemia, which is not improving), and we had to spend $2000 on fillings for my son because he didn't brush properly when he had braces. Seriously, kid?

Yes, for anxiety. A previous doctor had tried a couple of things that didn't seem to help at all, so she's trying Pristiq and Klonopin temporarily for immediate relief.
    I really hope those things help her. It's so hard, seeing them struggle, isn't it? Should that work straight away? I thought anti-depressants generally take a few weeks to kick in. Are anti-anxiety meds quicker?

My daughter has to have another blood test this week, which will test her iron but also her thyroid function. She was put on the seasonal pill to reduce her heavy periods, but she's had constant bleeding ever since she started taking in (6 weeks), so it seems counter-productive. I know these things take time to settle down, so I'm encouraging her to stick with it, but she's so exhausted and weepy all the time. It's having a huge impact on her life and I feel desperately sorry for her.

Wow, I hope she is doing a bit better by now. Have they thought of maybe the depo shot? I take that to control uterine tumors and have almost no bleeding, MAYBE a bit of spotting getting close to the next shot, but not often. I do take them closer together than the average woman, but that might be because of my weight too.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Well, this is totally not a real problem, but pity party commenced. (Warning this is rather lame and I really just need to be told suck it up buttercup).

I hate how bothered I am by numbers on the scale. I'm recomping currently - which should not include weight gain as I am not attempting to bulk - but I've been over the top number I would like to be at for a couple of weeks now. I know it's probably just DOMS as Stronglifts is kicking my butt and my clothes fit the same if not better, but it really gets to me and I'm considering reducing calories even though I know its a bad idea for recomp progress but I'm letting the scale rule me.

I don't like how I let the scale rule me in general. On one hand it's good - even though I was using hair ties to extend the buttons on my pants instead of buying a bigger size - it wasn't until I saw 150 on the scale, which meant 25 BMI and officially over weight that I decided to do something about it. It's also great because I don't have to track food, make sure I stay in my 5 pound range and all's well. But then I have days like today and want to throw a giant pity party because the scale says a number I don't like which is actually not a real problem and I need to suck it up.

Pity party over. Sorry it's a lame pity party.

It's not lame at all. I admit the scale rules my life too...not that I want to..but it does. It can ruin my day...even when I know it's just water weight from the day before.

LOL I used to be like that and I still weigh a few times a week but now if it's < then I am YAAAY! If it's > then I am like WHATEVER *flips bird* Haha.

I try to have that attitude towards it and I'll have days where I say I don't care...but really, it weighs on me all day. Pun intended! ;)
    Any later seasons of Survivor you would recommend? :tongue: Blood vs Water sounds interesting

All of them! I love Survivor.
    On Season 30 and I'm not really sure who I like and dislike. I'm kind of going for Tyler and Carolyn... and I don't like Rodney much at all. Though of course it can change... my opinions of people in these shows usually change as it progresses.

Couldn't stand Rodney from the start all the way through. Ugh. And Dan is from my state (Maine)...kind of an embarrassment.

He and Dan strike me as arrogant and annoying, especially Rodney. I like Joe, though, so I'm hoping he teams up with Tyler and Carolyn :tongue: Think they'd be pretty cool together.

Dan's face while reading the votes for the winner was killing me! Bitter much?
    I could not stand him or Rodney!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

I could have written this. My daughter is really struggling too (19 yo - the one with anemia, which is not improving), and we had to spend $2000 on fillings for my son because he didn't brush properly when he had braces. Seriously, kid?

Yes, for anxiety. A previous doctor had tried a couple of things that didn't seem to help at all, so she's trying Pristiq and Klonopin temporarily for immediate relief.
    I really hope those things help her. It's so hard, seeing them struggle, isn't it? Should that work straight away? I thought anti-depressants generally take a few weeks to kick in. Are anti-anxiety meds quicker?

My daughter has to have another blood test this week, which will test her iron but also her thyroid function. She was put on the seasonal pill to reduce her heavy periods, but she's had constant bleeding ever since she started taking in (6 weeks), so it seems counter-productive. I know these things take time to settle down, so I'm encouraging her to stick with it, but she's so exhausted and weepy all the time. It's having a huge impact on her life and I feel desperately sorry for her.

Wow, I hope she is doing a bit better by now. Have they thought of maybe the depo shot? I take that to control uterine tumors and have almost no bleeding, MAYBE a bit of spotting getting close to the next shot, but not often. I do take them closer together than the average woman, but that might be because of my weight too.
    Thanks for asking. No, Depo hasn't been discussed so far. She's actually a lot better this week, fortunately - she got a job that she really wanted which will see her through to this time next year. She's taking a year away from college and wants to work and then travel for a bit. That's helped her feel like things are a little more under control. Part of her issue at the moment seems to be managing change and unpredictable situations badly. She gets upset if she gets invited to a party with only a couple of hours notice, that kind of thing (is that anxiety related?) We're on vacation for a week from next Friday, so she won't see the doctor again until the first week of August, and I'll go with her this time. I think I'm going to ask for a referral to a women's clinic, because she's still bleeding (8 weeks now) and I think she needs a scan or something to make sure there's nothing else going on.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I am in such a bad mood today. My daughter had a complete meltdown last night & of course, I didn't handle it well. She didn't want to go to bed, wouldn't let me brush her teeth, was hitting and kicking me when I was trying to change her into her pjs so I told her she could sleep in her diaper and slammed the door to her room. She screamed!!! I waited until she calmed down and went in her room, hugged her, told her I loved her and was sorry I lost my temper. Then I told her she should say she was sorry to me too. She did and we finished her bedtime routine then but I feel just awful. I get teary just thinking about it. I was almost late for work today and people have been in and out of the office all day. It's hard to act nice when I just want to cry...or sleep. I'll take either right now.

On the plus side, since I visited the fitbit thread and added so many new friends yesterday (thanks for all the adds!) I am motivated to get moving more today and am about to set out on my 2nd mini walk of the work day.

Every parent loses their cool. It happens.

Yay! for going on the mini-walk. I've noticed that since I have Fitbit friends now, I make it a point to get up waaaay more often than I was. The first day, I think I got less than 2,000 steps the entire day. I'm still not walking 10,000 steps every day, but I'm moving my tush way more than before.

I love all my new Fibit friends!!

I love all the new challenges. I need to make a point to check the lists and make sure I don't join more than one from our group so everybody gets in on it!

I have gotten emails inviting me to join the challenge and when I click to view...I don't see any type of info. So, I don't know if I'm part of any or not...hate to be taking up space in a challenge that I have no info on...

Odd seeing as you win every week, lol.
    I can only view the challenges from my tablet, I cannot from my laptop, I have no idea what is up with that....I wonder if you have figured this out yet....
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Confession: Much, much food was eaten yesterday for Eid. A lot of it was chocolate. :p We went to a lovely traditional Yemeni restaurant for lunch, and had some really nice food. I wasn't a huge fan of our main meal, because it was quite bland and I prefer things that are more flavorful. But the traditional bread was delicious, and the dessert... Oh my gosh, it was AMAZING. So, so good. It was a very simple, an extremely dense sort of cake made with dates, nuts, and some bread dough. (I looked it up afterward because I couldn't figure out what it was made of) It wasn't very sweet at all, just mildly sweet from the dates in the mixture, and came with thick cream and honey for dipping. I loved it to the moon and back. SO GOOD. My description is very unsatisfying, so I tried to find a picture but couldn't find one. :-/

Editing to add: FOUND ONE AT LAST!

vwcsxi6563lo.jpg

Mine looked exactly like this, but there was a thick cream on the other side along with the honey.
    I...I...believe I would enjoy that very much. What's it called?

It's called 'Arika. :) It's almost impossible to find online, unfortunately--I couldn't find any recipes, and apparently there are different versions of it, probably from different areas of Yemen. I told Mr. Susie that I wanted to go back to the restaurant and order it as my main meal so I wouldn't have to share, and pig out on it all alone. :p It really was amazing, if you like desserts that aren't deathly rich. I'm in love with it <3
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    All my Canadian friends on here - anyone have any ideas where to buy reasonably priced bras in 38G or H? I'm hoping this is a transitional size so I don't want to spend a ton but my old 44DD is getting a little too big.

The 44's were probably wrong too but they did the trick and I could find them at a reasonable cost.

I've NEVER found reasonable prices for bras outside the A-DD spectrum in a brick and mortar store in Canada, unfortunately. I order all mine from Bare Neccessities, Fig Leaves, or Amazon (my fav Freya Deco is only $60 on Amazon compared to $120 at my local specialty boutiques). Return policies are good so you can order a few and return what you don't like (or, uh...,go to a pricey specialty store, try them all on, then go order online. Sorry, small business owners, but I can't afford $120 bras all the time.)

pofoster21 wrote: »
    All... race update. I never got in the water. I was the very last wave to go in and we were queuing up to go in when a huge thunderstorm rolled in. With lightening. So race cancelled. Mad dash to car. Guess I'll go run...I need to burn off that bagel I ate in anticipation of a morning of exercise!!! Oh well at least I wasn't out on the bike. I was bummed I was the last wave to go out. Now I am glad!

I'm glad you're okay and didn't get hit by lightning!!

ythannah wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I found my new favorite dessert last night. Something awesome enough to keep the Talenti troll away. I've had the blueberry ones before and they are awesome but I loooove me some cold lemon flavor.

@ 80 cals a bar I'm sold. I ate 3 last night!

I was momentarily jealous until I realized we have these:

2449078.jpg.thumb.420.420.margin.png

and these:

BMVanillaYogurtSmoothie.jpg.thumb.420.420.margin.png

The vanilla ones are decent but the caramel ones are truly awesome.

Those are SO GOOD. I hate shopping at Superstore but I do like a lot of the PC products (and the points! I've gotten almost $400 in free groceries since that program started.) But the one closest to me is often like shopping in Soviet Russia with empty shelves and stuff and there's always groups of men trying to pick up women at the grocery store there, it is kind of bizarre. I was getting live lobster there a couple months ago and an Italian guy sincerely tried to invite himself home with me while I was standing in front of the tank. Just, like...inner-city weirdos, I guess, because my friends who shop there too seem to all have the same issues. It's the one thing I miss about living in suburbia, because my old Superstore was clean, stocked, and full of nice housewives in salwar kameez who were polite with their carts and didn't let their children run screaming up and down the aisles.

I, like Susie, enjoy grocery shopping, so it's a total buzzkill to do it at such a frustrating store.
    Haha! My local Superstore is well-stocked and pretty civilized - nobody has ever tried to pick me up there! Although there is an odd smell around the meat department which makes me prefer buying my meat elsewhere.

My nearby one is in a pretty shady area just outside the downtown proper, so it's...just not ideal. Sad stuff like homeless people buying mouthwash and that kind of thing too, but the lobster story is at least funny so I stick with that when I'm complaining about the place, usually.
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Everyone was chatty last night while Iwas dropping half a plate of Greek food down my jeans leg and thinking at least it was Greek dressing and neither peanut butter not chocolate that went down my left thigh. LOL. I was seriously pissed that I dropped half of a $13 plate of food though.

Today, I am tempting fate. I ordered a chili-cheese baked potato for lunch even though I am wearing white pants and a black and white top.

Hehehe! Good luck tempting fate :)

I win!!! No chili or.cheese on my clothes!!!

You realize, of course, that you'll now spill something like.... coffee/tea/water on your pants juuuuust as you're thinking the threat has passed.... :wink:
    My husband once spilled half of his tea all down his white shirt on the way to work, and then when he got there, realised he'd put on non-matching shoes - it was dark when he was going out the door, and he just grabbed two black shoes, not checking to see if they were a pair. He said people looked at him strangely all day. You think?!

I remember when I was in Elementary school I had to wear my babysitter's shoes to school since I somehow forgot to put some on before leaving the house. She was probably 50-60 at the time & maybe a size 9-10 & I am sure it looked like I was wearing clown shoes.

I've been nearly leaving the house in my slippers most days for the past few weeks. So far I've only ever gotten as far as the car before I realise (I usually only take one step out the front door) so it's not too bad. It feels as though it's only a matter of time before I drive to work in my slippers though.

I've totally done this...had to turn around and go home to change.

I totally keep a pair of black pumps at my desk and have worn my waterproof hiking sandals to the office everyday this week. No shame.

I just counted, and I have 11 pairs of shoes under my desk in my office, not counting the running shoes I came to work in. I think it's a really common thing to do in less-than-ideal climates like mine (where I have to wear Sorel boots to work half the year if I don't want to freeze to death) so definitely no shame!

I walk 20-30 minutes to work every day depending on traffic lights and I am NOT doing it in heels, even in summer.

I wish I lived in a place where I could walk to work. Although, I'm always late so I take the parking lot closest to my suite in the building. I really should park at the end of the parking lot on the other side of the building and walk from there.

Being able to walk is nice, but sometimes I'd like to have an excuse to drive when it's forty below, haha. But parking in my office tower is $50/day if you don't have a monthly pass (which is...similarly obscene) so I only do it when I have to bring something large home and can expense it.

$50 A DAY? That is more than Manhattan! That is NUTS!
    Calgary (I'm 3 hrs away from @peleroja) has the second highest parking rates in North America, after NY. It's insane how much is costs to park downtown. A paid parking spot is a major perk.
    http://www.calgaryherald.com/business/Only+York+tops+Calgary+downtown+parking+rates/9690733/story.html

Yep, parking is expensive here, but people pay it, so it won't change. My job has subsidized passes and there are cheaper parkades nearby too, but heated underground is always crazy expensive (but necessary in winter if you want to be able to start your car after work....)

Happy Eid, @Susieq_1994!

You're a day late (Eid was yesterday), but thank you! I had a wonderful day. :smiley:
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Confession: Much, much food was eaten yesterday for Eid. A lot of it was chocolate. :p We went to a lovely traditional Yemeni restaurant for lunch, and had some really nice food. I wasn't a huge fan of our main meal, because it was quite bland and I prefer things that are more flavorful. But the traditional bread was delicious, and the dessert... Oh my gosh, it was AMAZING. So, so good. It was a very simple, an extremely dense sort of cake made with dates, nuts, and some bread dough. (I looked it up afterward because I couldn't figure out what it was made of) It wasn't very sweet at all, just mildly sweet from the dates in the mixture, and came with thick cream and honey for dipping. I loved it to the moon and back. SO GOOD. My description is very unsatisfying, so I tried to find a picture but couldn't find one. :-/

vwcsxi6563lo.jpg

Mine looked exactly like this, but there was a thick cream on the other side along with the honey.

It's called 'Arika. :) It's almost impossible to find online, unfortunately--I couldn't find any recipes, and apparently there are different versions of it, probably from different areas of Yemen. I told Mr. Susie that I wanted to go back to the restaurant and order it as my main meal so I wouldn't have to share, and pig out on it all alone. :p It really was amazing, if you like desserts that aren't deathly rich. I'm in love with it <3
    Yeah, this doesn't look the same at all:http://www.mealswithkraft.com/eng/recipe-96-Arika-with-Cream-and-Kraft-Cheddar-Cheese.html Cheddar cheese?
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Everyone was chatty last night while Iwas dropping half a plate of Greek food down my jeans leg and thinking at least it was Greek dressing and neither peanut butter not chocolate that went down my left thigh. LOL. I was seriously pissed that I dropped half of a $13 plate of food though.

Today, I am tempting fate. I ordered a chili-cheese baked potato for lunch even though I am wearing white pants and a black and white top.

Hehehe! Good luck tempting fate :)

I win!!! No chili or.cheese on my clothes!!!

You realize, of course, that you'll now spill something like.... coffee/tea/water on your pants juuuuust as you're thinking the threat has passed.... :wink:
    My husband once spilled half of his tea all down his white shirt on the way to work, and then when he got there, realised he'd put on non-matching shoes - it was dark when he was going out the door, and he just grabbed two black shoes, not checking to see if they were a pair. He said people looked at him strangely all day. You think?!

I remember when I was in Elementary school I had to wear my babysitter's shoes to school since I somehow forgot to put some on before leaving the house. She was probably 50-60 at the time & maybe a size 9-10 & I am sure it looked like I was wearing clown shoes.

I've been nearly leaving the house in my slippers most days for the past few weeks. So far I've only ever gotten as far as the car before I realise (I usually only take one step out the front door) so it's not too bad. It feels as though it's only a matter of time before I drive to work in my slippers though.

I've totally done this...had to turn around and go home to change.

I totally keep a pair of black pumps at my desk and have worn my waterproof hiking sandals to the office everyday this week. No shame.

I just counted, and I have 11 pairs of shoes under my desk in my office, not counting the running shoes I came to work in. I think it's a really common thing to do in less-than-ideal climates like mine (where I have to wear Sorel boots to work half the year if I don't want to freeze to death) so definitely no shame!

I walk 20-30 minutes to work every day depending on traffic lights and I am NOT doing it in heels, even in summer.

I keep shoes at work in the winter - you learn after having to schlump around in sorels all day or go sock foot (not an option when people are tracking in snow).

My collection at work right now is cardigans - it's cool enough in the morning to need a sweater but too warm in the afternoon to remember to take it home.

I'm guilty of that as well! Apparently my office is just another closet. I have a couple blazers, a couple cardigans, and a raincoat hanging on the back of my door too. But it's handy when I'm pushing the casual in business casual and someone important shows up, because I can throw on a blazer and more conservative shoes and I'm good to go.

I have a pair of flats, a pair of sneakers, and an extra pair of snow boots in my office to deal with whatever might come up, if I came to work in heels. I also have a light jacket and a fleece (mostly for the temperature in my office!), plus an old pair of jeans, socks, t-shirt, and slightly nicer shirt (for food spillage emergencies). People think I'm nuts.
    I have a pair of $8 sneakers in case i need disposable shoes and a change of clothes in case I get doused with a chemical in an accident. I have a sweater for winter
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I love the shoes, @pofoster21! I wear heels pretty much every day (in the office anyway...I switch to flats for my walk to and from work) and am definitely a shoe girl but I don't think I have a single pair of heeled sandals because I'm kind of weird about feet and like them to be covered. I'm jealous of the cute options for people who aren't weird like me though!

I'm currently trying to figure out what to wear with the (third...) dress I bought for the wedding this weekend because something open-toed makes way more sense in this weather, but I think my toes are too gross for the one pair of peep-toes I have....TMI WARNING: I lose my big toenails every year in March from skiing (hard boots, fast skiing, tons of pressure) so for most of sandal season they're only half grown back, which looks pretty awful.

I cannot deal with open-toed shoes. I'm only okay with extremes. I want my feet enclosed, or to (preferably) be without shoes. I'm starting to come around on flip flops for the convenience factor. No way I could wear a pair of heels that were open though.

And you thought you were weird.

I am strange too. I almost always have my feet covered. I like to have either shoes or socks on almost all the time. I don't like flip flops because they always make my toes hurt so I gave up on trying to wear them. I only wear stuff like that on the beach when I want to walk in the water.

I am always jealous of the sandal and flip flop wearers in the summer! I only wear flip flops in the house or when swimming....I have to wear socks and sneakers every day because I need support for my foot and hip, and my foot DR always preaches against sandals for diabetics cuz its so easy to step on something and cut your foot.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Sorry for all my Survivor posts.... I'm going on a complete spree over here. Most people probably aren't going to know what I'm rambling on about :lol: But for those who might have some interest...

Mike has won my respect at this point because he's turned into a beast at challenges (and into the underdog... my weakness). I didn't like him much for a while but now I'm rooting for either him or Carolyn :tongue:

@berlynnwall That story is hilarious :lol:

Yes, I was so glad he won!! Totally deserved it!

Yes yes @berlynnwall - that made me laugh a little too much!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Thanks for asking. No, Depo hasn't been discussed so far. She's actually a lot better this week, fortunately - she got a job that she really wanted which will see her through to this time next year. She's taking a year away from college and wants to work and then travel for a bit. That's helped her feel like things are a little more under control. Part of her issue at the moment seems to be managing change and unpredictable situations badly. She gets upset if she gets invited to a party with only a couple of hours notice, that kind of thing (is that anxiety related?) We're on vacation for a week from next Friday, so she won't see the doctor again until the first week of August, and I'll go with her this time. I think I'm going to ask for a referral to a women's clinic, because she's still bleeding (8 weeks now) and I think she needs a scan or something to make sure there's nothing else going on.

Depo isn't recommended for younger women because of the legit issue of osteoporosis risk. Women who use it before the age of thirty (your bone density continues to build until then) have a much higher risk than those who don't, so they avoid recommending it for younger women if they can possibly help it. I use it, and it does completely stop periods after the first round or two.

As for the party notice thing... I'm like that too, but it isn't anxiety related. I have a bit of an OCD issue (undiagnosed, it isn't too hard to live with but it is stressful) where any changes made to my schedule are extremely upsetting to me, and I get really, really stressed if I get outside of my regular routine--so I need to know exactly what's going to be happening any time something non-routine is going to happen. It drives my husband bonkers, but I can't help it. I actually cried and cried one time when his parents were planning a dinner and wouldn't give us a specific date and time--it was horribly stressful for me. Maybe she has a similar problem?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Ugh...feeling like I'm going to cave in today and go redeem my free Blizzard from Dairy Queen...it expires in 3 days.

I would use it but that's just me. :) Just cut some calories each day to help with a deficit maybe?
    If I had a free blizzard coupon, it would have never got that close...unless it was 3 days away from expiring the day I got it :)
    Same. I signed up for the Marble Slab rewards program today and already plan on using the coupon they give you for signing up. :laugh:

I am so sad we have nothing like this in my city any more! We did have a cold stone, but it closed down, my whole family was so sad, lol.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    My 20 year old boy got his "proposed treatment plan" from the dentist. I don't think there's a tooth that doesn't need something. We're talking about $15k worth of dental work. I don't have any words. I want to throttle him.

:o
    I am speechless
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

vwcsxi6563lo.jpg

Yeah, this doesn't look the same at all:http://www.mealswithkraft.com/eng/recipe-96-Arika-with-Cream-and-Kraft-Cheddar-Cheese.html Cheddar cheese?

The white in between the layers IS cheese, but I'm 100% sure that it wasn't Kraft cheddar cheese! Not surprised though, considering that the site is called "meals with kraft". :p It was a mild, not particularly salty cheese, but I'm not sure what sort. Also, the one I tasted had teeny nutty bits in it, so I think it contained finely chopped nuts as well. The rest of it seems like it could be right, but I'm no Yemeni chef! ;)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I am in such a bad mood today. My daughter had a complete meltdown last night & of course, I didn't handle it well. She didn't want to go to bed, wouldn't let me brush her teeth, was hitting and kicking me when I was trying to change her into her pjs so I told her she could sleep in her diaper and slammed the door to her room. She screamed!!! I waited until she calmed down and went in her room, hugged her, told her I loved her and was sorry I lost my temper. Then I told her she should say she was sorry to me too. She did and we finished her bedtime routine then but I feel just awful. I get teary just thinking about it. I was almost late for work today and people have been in and out of the office all day. It's hard to act nice when I just want to cry...or sleep. I'll take either right now.

On the plus side, since I visited the fitbit thread and added so many new friends yesterday (thanks for all the adds!) I am motivated to get moving more today and am about to set out on my 2nd mini walk of the work day.

Every parent loses their cool. It happens.

Yay! for going on the mini-walk. I've noticed that since I have Fitbit friends now, I make it a point to get up waaaay more often than I was. The first day, I think I got less than 2,000 steps the entire day. I'm still not walking 10,000 steps every day, but I'm moving my tush way more than before.

I love all my new Fibit friends!!

I love all the new challenges. I need to make a point to check the lists and make sure I don't join more than one from our group so everybody gets in on it!

I have gotten emails inviting me to join the challenge and when I click to view...I don't see any type of info. So, I don't know if I'm part of any or not...hate to be taking up space in a challenge that I have no info on...

Odd seeing as you win every week, lol.
    I can only view the challenges from my tablet, I cannot from my laptop, I have no idea what is up with that....I wonder if you have figured this out yet....

This past week was the first time I've been part of a challenge...as far as I know. And that's only because I added the app on my phone. I used to only use my laptop...and couldn't ever view what the challenge even was!
    But so yeah, I've figured it out now.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    So, bad news: woke up feeling bleurgh today. Currently sitting in Krispy Kreme with a doughnut and a latte. Good news: I bought three, have eaten one, don't want the other two. Sucks to be me: on my way to work :(

How are things going with the boyfriend? You mentioned that it "imploded" and never went any further.

Its still broken. We called a truce over the weekend, due to travelling and climbing. But *shrug* we're talking, not sure whats going to happen

I am sorry. How is the girlfriend doing? You did advise that when one component is broken they all are. Because I am unbelievably nosy what is the issue. You kind of indicated it was minor but it seems to be escalating.

Beware, this is long - and remember you did ask!

Essentially what I have discovered from him is :
    • He does not view all the relationships as equal
    • He views me as an ‘addition’ (he says rather than an ‘instead of’ – but that’s his logic, he appears to have a monogamous mindset on this)
    • He is envious of the relationship between Mrs Smartie and I, because he thinks she doesn’t feel the same about him (and doesn’t appear to care how I feel…)
    • He is completely oblivious to how he treats me and thinks we have a good relationship
    • He says the relationships are hierarchical and always will be
    • Their relationship is more important, because they are married.

These are common issues when one part of a poly relationship is married, or been together a lot longer than the other parts. Sadly, that makes it a lot harder when there is a breakdown because the original couple will focus on themselves and the third can get the cold shoulder (even if that is not what they mean to do).
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Ok, I am about to reach page 1204, but I now must go and shower and do something productive with my day.
    I am gonna try and read more this evening.....
    @Susieq_1994 - I hope you are feeling better by now!

I am in a pissy mood myself today because my SO is really not impressing me right now. It seems like things just keep piling on to this problem, and while they are small, enough feathers get heavy after a while. I don't really have a plan of action yet, but need to come up with one soon before I explode from the inside. I am going to do my best to fight off grief bacon, esp if I end up at home alone tonight. Hopefully I can keep my mind busy enough here to win that fight, if it becomes a problem.

Anyone here watch Bates Motel? I just finished the last season and am loving it!