Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    I blew off my 5 a.m. alarm for a run. I blew off my six a.m. alarm. I blew off my 6 a.m. appointment to go somewhere. I blew off my 7 a.m. volunteer work. I finally woke up at 9:45 a.m. I still feel groggy and tired (But not sick). I ate breakfast. I am going to make a list and slowly try to work my way through it today. I wish I knew what is going on with me. I have so much to do. Hopefully my energy will pick up, but if not then I'll respect my body and not overdo it. I had a breakfast of homecooked steel cut oats, pecans, cranberries, brown sugar and butter. No I have no idea how many calories but I'd estimate 400 - 500 based on how much of each ingredient I had. Maybe more but I will get to the gym for a solid workout today so I am not terribly concerned. I just wish I felt more awake.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Hello all hope everyone has a good weekend!!
    I'll try and post as much as I can but today is a large family gathering back in Dayton and then tomorrow I'm going to Kings Island where I'll ride alllll the roller coasters woot woot!!

Yay! Have an awesome time!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    How do we get @Italian_Buju to come back?! Also, where has Lois been? @m1xm0d3 thanks for holding it down for the fellas. Glad to see you stuck around.

@ASG_21 nice to put a user name with @susieqshusband. Welcome, Lurky McLurkerson.

I can't believe I forgot the "Mc" part. Thanks for bring that to my attention @Susieq_1994

You guys certainly are a persistent group......

I think I have had enough interaction with you guys in the group since I embarrassed myself that I should be able to just swallow my pride, even if I choke on it a little. However you guys do realize that now I have two weeks worth of posts to catch up on and binge post on things possibly two weeks old, right? This might turn into a case of be careful what you wish for lol.

I do want to say thanks guys. I tried to post a few times but kept stumbling over my words and never knew what to say. Even though I did not read along with this thread, I did check when I had notifications here. You guys rock.
    Sorry I got freaked out :|

We all freak out sometimes. Welcome back!

Confession...I don't catch up on threads when I have to be away for a few days. I just jump back in and ask dumb questions when necessary.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited July 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Ok folks NJ state triathlon in Mercer County Park today. I have lots of great pictures from the walk I took there last night after picking up my race packet (fighting for my committed steps in the Fitbit challenge) and will a few more tonight. I just have to find the time to upload them and then post!

This is just a sprint so a short race.

The best part? I allow myself a toasted wheat bagel from Dunkin Donuts. The worst part? Getting up this early and getting cracking on a Saturday. Off I go!

I was going to wish you lick, but obviously you had it since you weren't in the water when the lightning started. Good luck getting in a run to work off the bagel.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Hello all hope everyone has a good weekend!!
    I'll try and post as much as I can but today is a large family gathering back in Dayton and then tomorrow I'm going to Kings Island where I'll ride alllll the roller coasters woot woot!!

I love King's Island!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I'm so sorry :( I hope the flare is a short one and you get to feeling better soon :(

@orangesmartie That's such an awesome attitude! Today is a new day and it's going to be great! I am jealous- I want to go to Nashville! lol not sure about the running (I run like an arthritic tortoise) but the rest sounds awesome.

AFM, it was a whirlwind weekend. I have Insulin Resistance and I'm hypoglycemic. If I eat like I'm supposed to (very strict, controlled diet) I can maintain my weight. Eat less, and I'll lose. Eat a bit of sugar, I get sick for half a day. I'm not kidding, either- an entire chocolate chip cookie is enough to have me on the couch for a few hours :( I eat ice cream or gelato by 1 tbsp and that's it and I'll still feel weird after unless I down water. Can't really eat fruit, unless it's a couple berries. I've learned to adjust and it's hard to own a home bakery when I want to taste everything but I've learned not to. I also scaled back my business.

My mom was watching oldest DS for us on July 4th, so when we went to pick him up yesterday, we grilled chicken and vegs for her as a "thank you". She had made two desserts and basically guilt tripped me into eating a bite of each. A regular forkful sized bite of each. I still don't feel right. I'm so bloated my pants don't fit well, my stomach is heaving, and I have a pounding headache. I'm mad at myself for not sticking to my guns.

But...in great news, we were approved to adopt the dog! She's coming up here on Saturday!! SO excited! We got some supplies and DH is actually getting excited, too. Her foster mom keeps sending me pics and it's making me so anxious to see her!

Ugh, I hope you feel better! You would think your mom understands how bloated & sick you get from eating sugar.

Happy to hear that you were approved to adopt the dog.

What's funny is she's diabetic, so she should understand. Her dose of Metformin is too high though but she doesn't go get it changed, because it allows her to eat a LOT of fruits and sweets (to counteract the Metformin). I tell her she's the worst diabetic ever.

This made me cringe a bit.....that is a dangerous cycle. My mother was the worse diabetic ever also, and she lost her leg, had bad cateracts and heart failure. I know another girl that has only been diabetic ten years, and she does not take care of herself properly, and has lost all the toes on one foot (it was a miracle they could save the foot!), and is now going blind. I know another girl that eats junk like nobody's business and takes her meds when she wants, she had a MAJOR heart attack in her late 20's. Those girls are both T2's. In all seriousness, if you have the ability, I would tell her DR about that, so he can cut it back.

You can call a leave a message with the nurse explaining your concern. My dad's doctor doesn't tell him which of us is doing it, so I am not in trouble yet. Yet. Won't care when I am. It's for his own good.

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    I've never been a fan of pickles. I can't imagine them fried. :s

Blasphemy! However, to be helpful I will have all your dill pickles. The sweet pickles can go die in a fire though.

Amen to that! I hate when I grab a pickle, pop it in my mouth, and then find out it is a sweet pickle. Gag.

All pickles are good, when eaten with the right thing!

Dills are good for things like tuna sandwiches, burgers and chip dip. (Homemade dill pickle chip dip is amazing)

Sweet pickles are good for snacking with cheese and crackers etc.

And bread and butter pickles go on turkey sandwiches, real turkey, not cold cuts.

Glad I could clear up that confusion for ya'll.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have an opinion on goat milk? I haven't had it since I was in Girl Scouts and we did some milk taste test (I remember one of them made me nearly puke on the floor but I can't remember what it was). I like goat cheese and I'm pretty curious and interested in the milk :tongue:

I also heard that donkey milk was really good, but where in the world do you get donkey milk? :lol:

EDIT: LOVE those shoes! They're super cute!

This made me gag a little bit! I find milk in general gross, I only use it for cooking, or enough to basically wet my cereal.....I can handle chocolate milk on occasion, but only if I mentally block it out!

I find it gross that we are the only species in the world that drinks the milk of other species.......

Me too!!! Milk grosses me out.

• Italian_Buju
    edited July 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    @pofoster21 - Love the shoes, although not sure how you walk in those! I can't wait until I drop some more weight so I can wear cute shoes again. I wear tennis shoes to work at the moment. It helps me to get in more steps. Also, we have a program that awards leave time every quarter if you get a certain number of minutes of exercise every month. Totally worth it!

Platforms. I keep telling you ladies this. Seriously. Try them.

That's what I wore when I was thinner, but seriously I wear a size 12 and it's hard to find shoes! And I can't buy them online because I have to make sure they don't hurt my feet and I am terrible about returns! There are only two stores near me that sell dress shoes in my size, Payless and Shoe Carnival. I always have to buy tennis shoes in men's sizes because I need good shoes to workout. Anyone else with big feet?

I wear a ten mens, almost all my shoes are mens lol. My son has worn a 15W since he was starting high school.....although he bought a pair of Kobe Bryant shoes in a size 17 and they fit him, but I think they might run a bit small.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Not letting me do things for myself e.g. insisting on ordering something for me instead of letting me order what I want and other weird signs of dominance.

Talking about their ex repeatedly in anyway. Glowing terms can be just as bad as negative ones. My ex girlfriend was so good to me she'd drop everything to make me my favorite dinner and then she'd clean up the entire kitchen.

Treating staff where ever you go badly. I think you can tell a lot about a person by how they treat people who're waiting on them.

Calling too much (I had one guy literally calling me over 30 times in one day) or too little (if you haven't heard from them in a month they're not really interested).

All of these, but especially treating staff badly or not tipping well. I worked as a server/bartender for almost 10 years. You can tell so much about someone by the way they treat servers and bartenders.

THIS
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I've never been a fan of pickles. I can't imagine them fried. :s

Blasphemy! However, to be helpful I will have all your dill pickles. The sweet pickles can go die in a fire though.

Amen to that! I hate when I grab a pickle, pop it in my mouth, and then find out it is a sweet pickle. Gag.

Another hater on sweet pickles here :s just can't do it

Count me in too. Yuck!!!

Agreed, sweet relish and sweet pickles are NASTY. :s My sister loves relish, though. To the one who mentioned it (I don't recall who it was), I make egg salad and tuna salad perfectly well without that terrible ingredient. ;) It tastes much better that way. :p
    Relish is gross. I do not understand why anyone would use relish instead of an actual pickle......
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I didn't like milk much when I was little... drinking milk by itself was basically unheard of for me (didn't HATE it, just wasn't much of a fan). Now that I'm older my love of dairy products in general has GREATLY increased. I always loved yogurt (and ice cream, of course) and still do... but cheese and milk have become much more enjoyable for me. My mom is very much lactose intolerant and cannot drink milk or eat much ice cream without getting sick. :(

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    ... what is the batcave? Pretty much the only threads I ever go to are this one and the monthly cycling thread.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106593-confession-is-good-for-the-soul

Our beloved batcave.
    ... what is the batcave? Pretty much the only threads I ever go to are this one and the monthly cycling thread.

You haven't been to the Batcave? Messaging you the link!

So 2 confessions threads? I HAS CONFUSION.

We don't really use that thread much, except when this one is getting attacked by trolls. We use the Fitbit thread, the picture threads, the recipe thread, and apparently the weird show thread (Big Brother?). It doesn't really need to be kept up with--Those are all extras and the main action happens here.
    It's a good show!!! That did make me laugh though!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Popping in to say- sweet pickles are disgusting! Why anyone would choose to desecrate tuna or anything else with sweet pickles or sweet pickle relish baffles me! :p

Also, I have small feet, can't stand the way my toes look so rarely wear open toed shoes. I also have a dear husband who doesn't want to buy anything that is made in China, so shoe shopping is not one of my favorite things to do. :(

I am so jealous of all the vacation talk. I haven't had a real vacation since I stopped teaching 4 years ago. I am in the process of buying a new car, which means I won't be taking any real vacations anytime soon either. (I am a contractor, so I don't get any paid time off.)

Sending out virtual hugs to all who need them!

ETA: @MoHousdon Beautiful ring and beautiful story, sounds like something my DH would do!

Why?
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am about to reach page 1204, but I now must go and shower and do something productive with my day.
    I am gonna try and read more this evening.....
    @Susieq_1994 - I hope you are feeling better by now!

Not quite, but I'm about 90% recovered. :) Yesterday I did really well, but I way overdid it because I was so excited about Eid, so I've had a bit of a setback today and I'm super tired and wibbly wobbly again. Hopefully tomorrow will be better, though! :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I blew off my 5 a.m. alarm for a run. I blew off my six a.m. alarm. I blew off my 6 a.m. appointment to go somewhere. I blew off my 7 a.m. volunteer work. I finally woke up at 9:45 a.m. I still feel groggy and tired (But not sick). I ate breakfast. I am going to make a list and slowly try to work my way through it today. I wish I knew what is going on with me. I have so much to do. Hopefully my energy will pick up, but if not then I'll respect my body and not overdo it. I had a breakfast of homecooked steel cut oats, pecans, cranberries, brown sugar and butter. No I have no idea how many calories but I'd estimate 400 - 500 based on how much of each ingredient I had. Maybe more but I will get to the gym for a solid workout today so I am not terribly concerned. I just wish I felt more awake.

I'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling quite yourself! I've been exhausted today to, but at least I know why. I hope you feel better soon--definitely listen to your body and take it easy if you need to. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    How do we get @Italian_Buju to come back?! Also, where has Lois been? @m1xm0d3 thanks for holding it down for the fellas. Glad to see you stuck around.

@ASG_21 nice to put a user name with @susieqshusband. Welcome, Lurky McLurkerson.

I can't believe I forgot the "Mc" part. Thanks for bring that to my attention @Susieq_1994

You guys certainly are a persistent group......

I think I have had enough interaction with you guys in the group since I embarrassed myself that I should be able to just swallow my pride, even if I choke on it a little. However you guys do realize that now I have two weeks worth of posts to catch up on and binge post on things possibly two weeks old, right? This might turn into a case of be careful what you wish for lol.

I do want to say thanks guys. I tried to post a few times but kept stumbling over my words and never knew what to say. Even though I did not read along with this thread, I did check when I had notifications here. You guys rock.
    Sorry I got freaked out :|

We all freak out sometimes. Welcome back!

Confession...I don't catch up on threads when I have to be away for a few days. I just jump back in and ask dumb questions when necessary.

That's the easiest, most stress-free way to do it. Many of us are apparently too OCD to do such a heinous thing, though. :p Luckily I don't work, so I can while away hours catching up and neglect my housework and my husband... >:)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I'm so sorry :( I hope the flare is a short one and you get to feeling better soon :(

@orangesmartie That's such an awesome attitude! Today is a new day and it's going to be great! I am jealous- I want to go to Nashville! lol not sure about the running (I run like an arthritic tortoise) but the rest sounds awesome.

AFM, it was a whirlwind weekend. I have Insulin Resistance and I'm hypoglycemic. If I eat like I'm supposed to (very strict, controlled diet) I can maintain my weight. Eat less, and I'll lose. Eat a bit of sugar, I get sick for half a day. I'm not kidding, either- an entire chocolate chip cookie is enough to have me on the couch for a few hours :( I eat ice cream or gelato by 1 tbsp and that's it and I'll still feel weird after unless I down water. Can't really eat fruit, unless it's a couple berries. I've learned to adjust and it's hard to own a home bakery when I want to taste everything but I've learned not to. I also scaled back my business.

My mom was watching oldest DS for us on July 4th, so when we went to pick him up yesterday, we grilled chicken and vegs for her as a "thank you". She had made two desserts and basically guilt tripped me into eating a bite of each. A regular forkful sized bite of each. I still don't feel right. I'm so bloated my pants don't fit well, my stomach is heaving, and I have a pounding headache. I'm mad at myself for not sticking to my guns.

But...in great news, we were approved to adopt the dog! She's coming up here on Saturday!! SO excited! We got some supplies and DH is actually getting excited, too. Her foster mom keeps sending me pics and it's making me so anxious to see her!

Ugh, I hope you feel better! You would think your mom understands how bloated & sick you get from eating sugar.

Happy to hear that you were approved to adopt the dog.

What's funny is she's diabetic, so she should understand. Her dose of Metformin is too high though but she doesn't go get it changed, because it allows her to eat a LOT of fruits and sweets (to counteract the Metformin). I tell her she's the worst diabetic ever.

This made me cringe a bit.....that is a dangerous cycle. My mother was the worse diabetic ever also, and she lost her leg, had bad cateracts and heart failure. I know another girl that has only been diabetic ten years, and she does not take care of herself properly, and has lost all the toes on one foot (it was a miracle they could save the foot!), and is now going blind. I know another girl that eats junk like nobody's business and takes her meds when she wants, she had a MAJOR heart attack in her late 20's. Those girls are both T2's. In all seriousness, if you have the ability, I would tell her DR about that, so he can cut it back.

You can call a leave a message with the nurse explaining your concern. My dad's doctor doesn't tell him which of us is doing it, so I am not in trouble yet. Yet. Won't care when I am. It's for his own good.

lol :p Agreed! Sometimes people are their own worst enemies...
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

I'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling quite yourself! I've been exhausted today to, but at least I know why. I hope you feel better soon--definitely listen to your body and take it easy if you need to. :)

Thanks SusieQ. I'm puttering along getting minor things done, walking in circles and taking it fairly easy. I still have it in my mind to get a workout as sometimes that is what is needed. :smile:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

I had to return a product to GNC that seriously was one of the most vilest things I have ever ate in my entire life! I would rather eat Kale with no salad dressing! I bought this peanut butter called Cracked Nut Butter in a Cookie Dough flavor for around $6.99 with my Gold card. I had seen it online & knew it wouldn't be very sweet but I wasn't expecting it to taste like vomit. So if you ever see this product & you like sweet peanut butters or at the very least semi-sweet then avoid this like the plague.

I think you're being unfairly harsh! Who among us doesn't relish not very sweet vomit flavoured anything? I have to say I am severely disappointed in you and we thought this was a no judgement zone! ;)

@Kalici I so badly wanted to love that product, because who doesn't love cookie dough? Calling itself cookie dough is a misleading lie! The lady at GNC said it was discontinued probably from tasting like vomit:D.

I am still a bit bummed that Wal-Mart didn't have this anymore:(. I am thinking of ordering a few jars online.

051651093644.png