Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I actually have two scales. One lives at work, the other at home. ;)

I lug mine along every time I go to a friend's house for lunch or dinner. She probably thinks I'm insane, but she doesn't seem to mind!

I am at my mom's atm and first thing packed was the food scale lol. When I was weighing food post-surgery my MIL stared at me like I was crazy

If I weighed my food in front of my MIL, I think she'd try to get me put into a psych ward for insanity. ;) She doesn't quite get the whole CICO thing!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Where'd everybody go? :o I can't talk to myself for the next 80 pages! :D

I'm here :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Yay! More confessions? :p

Ooh, I've got one:
    I confess that I've been putting more time into stepping than household chores lately. The house has been getting pretty much just a lick and a promise while I dive into piles of Kindle books and start to step!
  • Domomallow
    Domomallow Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale several times a week- and only report my findings if I lost something.
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options

Ooh, I've got one:
    I confess that I've been putting more time into stepping than household chores lately. The house has been getting pretty much just a lick and a promise while I dive into piles of Kindle books and start to step!

Can we trade? I have to get on a training conference call shortly and am not looking forward to it. More time to post, though!
  • Domomallow
    Domomallow Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    On a binge, I have eaten an entire large pizza by myself.
  • ivygirl1937
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    LMAO

I'm very old ;)

Duly noted! ;) Will you tell me your old username? It's gonna bug me all night!

Jinx!

Ha. Is it going to bug you all night too? (Or should I say afternoon?)

Probably not. :p

If it helps, Susie, it's going to bug me all day because I thought the same thing but I can't remember either!! (Have I mentioned I've been a lurker for a loooong time? :lol: )

Whoa, that's definitely a long time to be lurking! That confession is probably over a year old by now. :D quote]

Yeah, I may or may not have been lurking since this thread started. :blush: I usually come out of lurking for a little while and then go back into hiding.
  • ivygirl1937
    Options
    Darn it, messed up the quote. Oh well.
  • orangesmartie
    edited December 2016
    Options

Ooh, I've got one:

I confess I'm very upset with Mrs S and her attitude to household chores are the moment. It's been a stressful few weeks as I've been in Devon every weekend to pack up the house for moving. She promises every week to clean the bathroom and change the bedlinen, but when I get home after 4-5 days, she's done nothing, I mean literally nothing, not even loaded the dishwasher with dishes from when I left on the Thursday. I've ended up doing everything, as well as all cooking and washing. And the reason? Because she's totally obsessed with an online war game and cannot/will not put it down. On weekends she is literally spending hours and hours playing it. It's really getting me down. It's the same in the evenings after work.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Ooh, I've got one:

Can we trade? I have to get on a training conference call shortly and am not looking forward to it. More time to post, though!

Trade, no, your call sounds awful. However, I invite you to play hooky and join me! I have lots of books to go around. :D
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Ooh, I've got one:

I confess I'm very upset with Mrs S and her attitude to household chores are the moment. It's been a stressful few weeks as I've been in Devon every weekend to pack up the house for moving. She promises every week to clean the bathroom and change the bedlinen, but when I get home after 4-5 days, she's done nothing, I mean literally nothing, not even loaded the dishwasher with dishes from when I left on the Thursday. I've ended up doing everything, as well as all cooking and washing. And the reason? Because she's totally obsessed with an online war game and cannot/will not put it down. On weekends she is literally spending hours and hours playing it. It's really getting me down.

Ooh that is not good. Those games are crazy obsessive. I don't get it at all (as I check MFP all day and in our heyday spent hours reading posts). Maybe sit her down and talk it out?
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Domomallow wrote: »

On one of my binge days, I decided to log it, and I reached nearly 10,000 calories.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I step on the scale several times a week- and only report my findings if I lost something.

I go on everyday but my withing scale rats me out daily. No hiding.
  • orangesmartie
    Options

It happens. Do not beat yourself up. Log it. Acknowledge the numbers and see what you can do to interrupt the binge. Have a hot bath?
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Ooh, I've got one:

I confess I'm very upset with Mrs S and her attitude to household chores are the moment. It's been a stressful few weeks as I've been in Devon every weekend to pack up the house for moving. She promises every week to clean the bathroom and change the bedlinen, but when I get home after 4-5 days, she's done nothing, I mean literally nothing, not even loaded the dishwasher with dishes from when I left on the Thursday. I've ended up doing everything, as well as all cooking and washing. And the reason? Because she's totally obsessed with an online war game and cannot/will not put it down. On weekends she is literally spending hours and hours playing it. It's really getting me down. It's the same in the evenings after work.

Sorry to hear it. :( Have you tried sitting her down for a serious talk about how much time she's spending on that game and letting things go? Sometimes that's what it takes to get people to realize what they're doing. Mr. Susie had to pop my bubble a couple of times, too. Now I'm careful not to let things slip too far, even when I'm obsessed with a book series!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    I actually have two scales. One lives at work, the other at home. ;)

I lug mine along every time I go to a friend's house for lunch or dinner. She probably thinks I'm insane, but she doesn't seem to mind!

I am at my mom's atm and first thing packed was the food scale lol. When I was weighing food post-surgery my MIL stared at me like I was crazy

If I weighed my food in front of my MIL, I think she'd try to get me put into a psych ward for insanity. ;) She doesn't quite get the whole CICO thing!

I pack my weight scale when I travel. Most people think I'm nuts.
  • ivygirl1937
    Options

Ooh, I've got one:

Trade, no, your call sounds awful. However, I invite you to play hooky and join me! I have lots of books to go around. :D

Ooh, yes please!!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I just read most of that thread and :open_mouth:

And you even missed out on the posts she edited...

One of them got caught in a quote from @quiksylver296 . That was not very kind, even if she was frustrated.

I'm not even sure what I said to make her lash out at me that way. O.o I guess she just REEEEALLY doesn't want to weigh her food. ;)

The truth. That's what you told her.

That reminds me of this movie quote Mr. Susie is always throwing at me (I don't know where it comes from, though).
    "The truth? THE TRUTH?! YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!"

^ I guess she couldn't handle the truth. ;)

From the film A Few Good Men

I loved that movie. Now I want to watch it.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    LMAO

I'm very old ;)

Duly noted! ;) Will you tell me your old username? It's gonna bug me all night!

Jinx!

Ha. Is it going to bug you all night too? (Or should I say afternoon?)

Probably not. :p

If it helps, Susie, it's going to bug me all day because I thought the same thing but I can't remember either!! (Have I mentioned I've been a lurker for a loooong time? :lol: )

Whoa, that's definitely a long time to be lurking! That confession is probably over a year old by now. :D

Yeah, I may or may not have been lurking since this thread started. :blush: I usually come out of lurking for a little while and then go back into hiding.

Whoa! You must be pretty dedicated to us. I'm totally flattered. (Even though I haven't been posting much at all myself. Still being flattered! ;))
  • orangesmartie
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

Ooh, I've got one:

I confess I'm very upset with Mrs S and her attitude to household chores are the moment. It's been a stressful few weeks as I've been in Devon every weekend to pack up the house for moving. She promises every week to clean the bathroom and change the bedlinen, but when I get home after 4-5 days, she's done nothing, I mean literally nothing, not even loaded the dishwasher with dishes from when I left on the Thursday. I've ended up doing everything, as well as all cooking and washing. And the reason? Because she's totally obsessed with an online war game and cannot/will not put it down. On weekends she is literally spending hours and hours playing it. It's really getting me down.

Ooh that is not good. Those games are crazy obsessive. I don't get it at all (as I check MFP all day and in our heyday spent hours reading posts). Maybe sit her down and talk it out?

I've tried, on more than one occasion. She acknowledges she's obsessed and makes an effort not to play if I'm around. But if I'm not around....all I get are excuses as to why things are not done.

So why am I on mfp at 7.30pm on a Thursday night? Because she's gone upstairs to play her game.