Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I feel ill now from my food intake so far today.

What I've had:
    3 zucchini bars with cream cheese frosting (not logged in my diary :blush: )
    1 Rice Krispie Treat
    1 serving of Ruffles potato chips with French onion dip (one of my most favoritest snacks)
    1 cup of diced watermelon (no, I did not learn my lesson from my personal watermelon the other night)
    1 bite of a subpar donut (threw the rest in the garbage)
    6 baby carrots
    3 small florets of cauliflower
    1 serving of ranch dip
    1 24 oz. venti Starbucks black sweet tea (my new summer obsession)
    1 peanut butter supreme Quest Bar
    4 tortilla rollups
    3 pieces of puppy chow
    40 oz. water

Does the MFP database have an entry for that?

Hahahahaahaha! OMG it is 1am, I am totally sleep deprived, and cannot stop laughing about @MoHousdon and the puppy chow.....and now @ythannah reply just made me laugh so hard I think I peed a little!!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    GUESS WHAT?!?! I just got promoted!!! I've only been at this job for 8 months!!! I don't know what my raise is yet, but since I was already doing the work, I'm basically going to get paid more for what I already do.

ANDDDD....I only gained 0.4 on my vacation. I was truly expecting seven pounds or so, the way I ate.

YIPPEE, Monday!
    CONGRATS!
    I agree with all of the above EXCEPT the bolded....Mondays can go die in a fire.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    I totally wee in the shower.

I am sure we have all done that a time or two... :D

I can honestly say I have never peed in a shower/pool/ocean. I will admit that I've tried, but my body just won't let it happen lol.

Me neither. I remember having major surgery when I was 19 and the first night I was given a bedpan to pee in... even though my bladder was close to bursting, it took a LOT of effort to pee while sitting in bed.

Aaaaand... four days later, I'm finally caught up!

Yay for being caught up! In triathlon people go to the bathroom in their wetsuit and on the bike. While under extreme duress I can go in my wetsuit now (but not while swimming) I refuse to go on the bike (I think that is beyond disgusting and since I am not fast I see no reason not to stop at a portapotty on course). They even go while running...no way could I do that.

People just pee all over themselves?! That is nasty. :s

Yep. I don't think I've ever been that serious about something that peeing on myself seemed like the best choice. :grimace:
    My BIL is a surfer when he gets the chance, and says that peeing inside one's wetsuit on a cold day is one of life's great pleasures. I can't see it myself, but hey, no judgement.

When we were getting scuba certified, the instructor said there's two types of divers. Those who pee in their suit, and those who lie about it.

He is right. :)
  • Oberon21
    So I signed up for a 5k run! I'm so excited. It's 10/10 so I have like 11.5 weeks to do it, and I fast walk 4 miles or so a day, so I'm not thinking it'll be too much trouble.

I installed a C25K app on my phone so I'm doing that starting tonight, and then going straight to the 10k right after. I have a 10k I want to do on 12/5 so that's gonna help me get my butt back into jogging/running.

I was waiting until I got to my 1st goal weight to start, because jogging with too much extra weight on my knees kills me.

Congrats! By now you all know I love to run...so let me know if you need any motivation! Also... 4/30/16 is right around the corner! You could do the Country Music Marathon with us...they have a 1/2 too! :)
  • Italian_Buju
    jthurman3 wrote: »

What I've had:
    1 Rice Krispie Treat
    1 serving of Ruffles potato chips with French onion dip (one of my most favoritest snacks)
    1 cup of diced watermelon (no, I did not learn my lesson from my personal watermelon the other night)
    6 baby carrots
    1 serving of ranch dip
    4 tortilla rollups
    3 pieces of puppy chow
    40 oz. water
    Did you think we wouldn't notice??

I was wondering the same thing. I mean... a girl's gotta have her protein, but this seems extreme. @MoHousdon - stop stealing your dog's food. Or taking dares at work. :wink:

Do you all seriously NOT know what puppy chow is?! It's Chex cereal with powdered sugar, peanut butter, and melted chocolate chips. I don't make a habit of eating puppy food. I only did that when I was 5 and my brother made me.

I have never heard of that before.....just for the record, this knowledge did not seem to make it any less funny to me....why would they call it THAT, of all things?
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    I'll catch up properly tomorrow - today's been busy.

I wanted to update again about my daughter. My friend, who's known my daughter since she was born, pointed out that she thought my daughter's jaw/face was looking a bit puffy and that this could be an indicator of a thyroid problem. I googled and sure enough it seems that hypothyroidism and anemia do frequently go together, and many of the symptoms are similar. :( I feel sad for her if this is the case. Fortunately the doctor did order a thyroid test as part of the recent bloodwork that was taken, so we'll see if anything comes out of that.
  • Oberon21
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Back from camping! Everything was amazing (there we're some hiccups... I forgot the poles for the tent so we bought a cheapy backup, which works out), I am freckled and happy! I did a bit of damage weight wise but overall I am very happy with it, now to flush the system with water and get my *kitten* back into a schedule! Hope everyone is doing well and glad to see @Italian_Buju has come back :)

Welcome back! Glad you had a great time!
  • Italian_Buju
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Cheesecake, Brownies, Cookies, Pie, Cake, Donuts these are all very important words in my language! I am so craving sweets right now, but I am trying to be strong and save some calories today since we have a family reunion tomorrow - where all the foods will be eaten.

I'm with you @bkhamill ! My husband scheduled us to meet a friend of his for happy hour tonight. I'm thinking I'll skip the alcohol and have a slice of pie or something instead. (I don't like drinking calories....they add up too quickly and are never nearly as satisfying as a delicious dessert that fits into my daily calories!)
    I'm with you. Slice of something delicious + a couple of diet Cokes > a few drinks.

+1! I can't remember the last time I had a drink other than water, iced tea or iced coffee with stevia, or diet soda. I'd much rather spend my calories on delicious food!

Me too. Mio or diet soda. Much more mio lately due to summer and cycling. Whatever I am drinking, it's always zero cal or very close to it.

This is all I drink, I go through 3-4 bottles a week of it.
  • Oberon21
    Eve53 wrote: »
    Ok, I'll try to keep up. I got another confession though... I use mens shampoo/body wash at the gym because I can't find an all in one that is made for women, and don't want to be bothered with more than one bottle.

Also, I don't wear undies or a bra when I leave the gym because I don't want the trouble of trying to get them back on when I'm all spent from working out, lol.

I confess that this morning I got up at around 5:30 AM to get a shower & after putting Herbal Essence 2 in 1 in my hair I almost put body wash in my hair.

I also confess that some days I forget to wear deodorant to work.

I do this quite frequently - in fact I forgot today. Thankfully I had put a stick in my purse so I was able to put some on when I remembered!

I have deodorant in my office, in my car and in my tack trunk at the barn. So, yes, I have done this. :wink:
  • Italian_Buju
    Hi from page 1246! Im reading and trying to catch up, it may take a while.

I miss you guys. I have been having a bit of a rough time. I'm seeing a trend of this as I read through. I hope everyone is doing alright, and I will check in as I can.

What's wrong? I hope everything is ok......
  • Oberon21
    GUESS WHAT?!?! I just got promoted!!! I've only been at this job for 8 months!!! I don't know what my raise is yet, but since I was already doing the work, I'm basically going to get paid more for what I already do.

ANDDDD....I only gained 0.4 on my vacation. I was truly expecting seven pounds or so, the way I ate.

YIPPEE, Monday!

That is super great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad to hear all the excellent news in the thread today/yesterday!
  • Italian_Buju
    sst036 wrote: »
    Went to the gym this morning...and got McDonald's for breakfast on the way home. I have no idea why other than I didn't want to make an omelette when I got home like I was supposed to. Oh well.

I am also going to make those chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars that were posted earlier (I lurk like a creep a lot because I'm in Australia and all the interesting conversation happens when it's night here). Thanks for providing my dessert inspiration for tonight's dinner party!

Hello! Welcome!
  • Oberon21
    This isn't a confession, just a sharing of sorts.

I had the BEST weekend.

We did in fact get the house clean Saturday (minus our bedroom and bathroom) and I feel so much less stressed now. The food was incredible and I even got to spend some much needed time with my best friend. I got to experience grilled pineapple for the first time and it is heavenly. I would highly recommend it if you haven't tried it. I would suggest coating it in cinnamon and brown sugar. Seriously...HEAVENLY.

Yesterday, we overslept so didn't make it to church, but it was nice to sleep in. We lied in bed almost all day watching Netflix and cuddling. o:) Around 5 or so, we got up and got dressed and went to Mooyah's for dinner because I had some gift cards to use. It was incredibly yummy. Mr. Mo had the turkey burger (which I tried and it was delicious. I will be getting that next time) and I had the bacon cheeseburger. I look forward to going again.

Afterwards, we went to the store to pick up a few things and then headed back home. I changed back into my jammies and Mr. Mo made a pound cake since we had strawberries and pineapple left over but only 1 piece of cake left from the night before. After the cake went into the over, he made us a bowl of strawberries, and pineapple pound cake with vanilla bean ice cream to share. I did not log it. Oops.

We finished OITNB (Boo, Piper) and started watching Breaking Bad. We are on season 2 episode 3 already and just started watching yesterday afternoon. What an incredibly well done show!

It was an incredible weekend that was not only fun, but very productive. I am looking forward to spending the week with my honey since Rachael is in Alabama with my mom and stepdad.

Sorry so long, but I just had to share!

Glad you had such a wonderful weekend! I can't imagine staying in bed until 5, I start to ache, unless I am totally sick. But then again.... I am not married to the incredible Mr. Mo!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    So I didn't want to say anything before I went on holidays but I dropped into "Onederland" by a half pound. I didn't want to jinx it because I was scared I wa sgoing to be back in the 2's when I got home but...Yay I stayed under
    Congrats! Nice job
  • Italian_Buju
    edited July 2015
    So, hubby has seen his daughter 3 times since last September and guess what? Baby momma was a no-show at the court ordered meeting point again today. I give up. She turned the son against us, we haven't seen him since March 2014.

:/

Now that she just did not show up, will they do something?

ETA: just read your next post on this....sorry
  • Oberon21
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I blew off my 5 a.m. alarm for a run. I blew off my six a.m. alarm. I blew off my 6 a.m. appointment to go somewhere. I blew off my 7 a.m. volunteer work. I finally woke up at 9:45 a.m. I still feel groggy and tired (But not sick). I ate breakfast. I am going to make a list and slowly try to work my way through it today. I wish I knew what is going on with me. I have so much to do. Hopefully my energy will pick up, but if not then I'll respect my body and not overdo it. I had a breakfast of homecooked steel cut oats, pecans, cranberries, brown sugar and butter. No I have no idea how many calories but I'd estimate 400 - 500 based on how much of each ingredient I had. Maybe more but I will get to the gym for a solid workout today so I am not terribly concerned. I just wish I felt more awake.

I'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling quite yourself! I've been exhausted today to, but at least I know why. I hope you feel better soon--definitely listen to your body and take it easy if you need to. :)

Strangely I am wiped out today too. Like struggling to stay awake. I nodded off at the hairdresser. I wonder if it's a moon thing? I also didn't sleep great in prep of getting up early for the race and I really stepped up my exercise this week . Could also be residual race exhaustion. Drank a diet mt. Dew to perk up. Didn't help much. :(

I was practically falling asleep on my horses today. The hot humid weather isn't helping.

I had the same problem on Saturday. I went to bed about 10:30 Friday, got up at 7:00 and had to go have a nap by 1:00 pm because I was so wiped. Then I was in bed before 11:00 that night. It's very rare that I need to nap.

Me either but man I wanted to SLEEP on Saturday. I was full of energy of Sunday. So weird. It had to be some kind of weird moon thing.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I wanted to share a small victory too. I ate A LOT last weekend (each day had to have been thousands over with the bbq, cake, smores, Old Chicagos, alcohol etc). I figured I'd weigh in today and be about 10 lbs heavier like I did when I overate during Memorial day weekend. Today though, I had a 1 lb loss! No idea how that happened. I was good the rest of the week. I figured it was maybe the swimming on Friday and Saturday helped (or maybe just stress haha). That made my morning.

I'm now .6 lbs from having lost 60. I still have a ways to go though.

I did compare my pictures from my birthday this year to in years past and I can see a difference. Maybe I'll get brave and share something if I can figure out how. :)

Good Stuff!

Thanks. I am actually at 61 lbs lost now. Yay. :) I'm getting there...it's been REALLY slow but I'll make it someday.

I finally had a coworker last Friday tell me that she noticed I had lost weight. Good sign!

I saw that loss and I swore out loud and then I literally said 'Sorry Susie' afterwards lol. @Susieq_1994 is having a major affect.

I might need more coffee... :sleepy:
  • Oberon21
    spamarie wrote: »
    I went on a field trip in the fifth grade and we stopped to get lunch at a restaurant. My friend ordered spaghetti and proceeded to just pour on LOTS of ketchup. I was horrified.
    At that age my nephew was famous for eating anything with ketchup on it. His friends like to remind him of the time he ate a piece of wood with ketchup! He's still an 'anything for a dare' type kid, even now at age 19. :#
    Yum... pieces of wood really hit the spot. When I was in Girl Scouts there was a girl in the group that would do anything for a dare. I liked to consider myself a daredevil, but she was dared to lick a cockroach that was crawling across the floor and SHE DID IT. I would not have dared to do that.

My flatmate at uni once ate a cigarette butt as a dare. The worst part - it wasn't even HER cigarette butt. We've no idea whose it was as it was a flat party and there were about 50 people there. Absolutely minging. (But your cockroach licker is still worse!)
    One of my friends was once very, very drunk and ate a handful of cigarette butts out of the ashtray thinking it was a bowl of Twiglets. :s

THAT is drunk. I don't think I have EVER been that drunk.
  • Italian_Buju

What I've had:
    1 Rice Krispie Treat
    6 baby carrots
    1 serving of ranch dip
    4 tortilla rollups
    3 pieces of puppy chow
    40 oz. water
    Did you think we wouldn't notice??

I was wondering the same thing. I mean... a girl's gotta have her protein, but this seems extreme. @MoHousdon - stop stealing your dog's food. Or taking dares at work. :wink:

Do you all seriously NOT know what puppy chow is?! It's Chex cereal with powdered sugar, peanut butter, and melted chocolate chips. I don't make a habit of eating puppy food. I only did that when I was 5 and my brother made me.

mdywtyvsd58d.jpg

Hahaha - I honestly didn't know what puppy chow was. Now that I do, I want some. Also, I'm totally impressed at your restraint in only eating 3 pieces of it!! Well done, @MoHousdon !! But seriously, fill your pockets up with that and bring some to me, please.

This was after the 3 zucchini bars and everything else I had already eaten. I wanted another Rice Krispie Treat, but they were all gone. It was puppy chow or generic Oreos.

OK, I must be really tired now cuz I read this as 'organic oreos' lol
  • Italian_Buju
    @Italian_Buju YAY! Finally! I've been waiting for you to come back! We've missed you bunches over here.
    Take your time catching up and reply to whatever you want from whenever you want. Might be good to rehash some old stuff or you might catch something that we missed the first go 'round (It happens).

It's totally okay that you got freaked out, just remember that we are here to support you 100%. No judgement. :smiley:

Thanks <3