Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Dang, you guys have been super busy today! :open_mouth:

Nice ring, @Just_Ceci
  • jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    If I could be as faithful with my eating on the weekend as I am during the week I would be at goal by now. This love affair with food is causing me conflicting heart ache!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    So I didn't want to say anything before I went on holidays but I dropped into "Onederland" by a half pound. I didn't want to jinx it because I was scared I wa sgoing to be back in the 2's when I got home but...Yay I stayed under

That's super, super great!!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Adding my rings to the display:

DH picked out the diamond and gave me a choice of 2 sets he had narrowed it down to. It doesn't really show in the picture, but it's white gold with yellow gold accents.

Pretty!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    @MoHousdon Congrats on your accomplishment in catching up on the thread! That took dedication! :smile: You deserve a Major Award! (<---- This is a reference to the holiday movie A Christmas Story, which happens to be one of my favorite movies... the dad describes the "leg lamp" he wins in a contest as a "major award." Ha!! )

You mean this lamp?! In case you didn't know, I'm fluent in movie quotes, song lyrics, and sarcasm.

tq7gytmjfx2q.gif

So we went to my favorite restaurant, Silly's, tonight. They have fun/silly/crazy décor...and I look over across the restaurant and I see this lamp on the table...

fvn4zgno7gd3.jpg

I immediately thought of you guys and this thread! :)

YAY!! That is AWESOME! :heart:
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    @Just_Ceci I love that ring. Very pretty!!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Guys, guys, guess what?! We went to Oakwood Homes today, just to see what they would say about us being able to buy a mobile home. Needless to say, we found a style we fell in love with, and the person we worked with sounded very optimistic that we would be able to get financing for it. I hope so, because we've worked really hard to fix some things on our credit to get to this point! He's sending in our paperwork on Monday and we should know something within 3-4 days of that. Not to mention, a good friend of the family may possibly let us rent a lot on his land (he used to have a mobile home park) for it! I'm excited, but I don't want to get too excited lol. :smile:

YAY!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys!! Good luck and I hope it works out for you. You deserve some goodness and excitement!!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    GUESS WHAT?!?! I just got promoted!!! I've only been at this job for 8 months!!! I don't know what my raise is yet, but since I was already doing the work, I'm basically going to get paid more for what I already do.

ANDDDD....I only gained 0.4 on my vacation. I was truly expecting seven pounds or so, the way I ate.

YIPPEE, Monday!

Super Great!! Yayyy!

And @MoHousdon glad you had an awesome weekend!

What a lovely ring, @raelynnsmama52512
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    Some of my relatives and friends of those relatives keep asking me how I'm losing weight. The same people will ask me multiple times. At first I thought it was because they just weren't remembering the information, now I'm starting to think it is because some of them don't believe me. I overheard one of them saying that it isn't that I've finally been correctly diagnosed and medicated no, it is because I've had the surgery. How I've managed to have that surgery and see them once a week without recovery time is a mystery!

I confess I really want to stop seeing these people and on the way out the door I'd like to slap a few of them. Not with a chair or anything too drastic. I also confess that while I have said I'm using a calorie counting site I have not told them it is this one. This is for me. They can sign up on their own, but I do not want to talk to them here as well. I sort of don't care if that makes me a jerk.

I am also tired of people asking me how I did it, signing up for the site, I friend them, and then they never log, don't weigh their food, never complete their diary and then tell me it doesn't work. Well guys, look at me... I lost 30 lbs. You say I look great. So...this does work. If you are honest and track religiously.
    Yeah, I've encouraged a couple of people to sign up, and ... nothing.

The only person I've encouraged is my sister and that was to save her from her overly restrictive low fat ways.

She is using it and losing. But she doesn't come in the forums.

If anyone else I knew signed up, I probably wouldn't friend them. This part of my life is, well not private per se, but not for sharing with coworkers etc.
    This is pretty much how I feel about sharing my internet life with family and coworkers.

I'd go nuts if someone I knew started frequenting the forums. :s

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    I just ate a Quest apple pie bar that tasted nothing like apple pie. It was quite gross ... but I ate it anyways. :blush:

I did not enjoy the apple pie one, and it kind of broke my heart.

I confess that I am on Quest's website looking at different recipes to make with Quest Bars.

Has anyone tried their protein powders yet? If so, what do you think of them?

http://blog.questnutrition.com/category/recipes/

Holy macaroni face! I am trying this:

http://blog.questnutrition.com/quest-nutrition-cookie-dough-vanilla-cupcakes/

Those bars are so expensive I can't believe people would actually plan to use them as ingredients in other recipes! Well, maybe if you bought a bad one, like the Pledge flavor.

LOL to the bolded. I like Quest bars and have one for breakfast pretty much every day, but the lemon one is just terrible (and I also love lemon-flavoured desserts.)

THIS X1000. The Pledge, er, lemon pie flavor is the worst. It's right up there with the white chocolate raspberry one. Sorry @quiksylver296

You all are broken. ;)

I've been wanting to try Quest bars! Can you all recommend the best flavors??

I wasn't crazy about the strawberry cheesecake ones, despite being a rabid fan of All Things Cheesecake -- they just tasted kinda plastic-y to me. I haven't tried white chocolate raspberry because I feared the same result.

My favourites are the coconut cashew, double chocolate chunk, and cinnamon roll.

I don't like lemon anyway so I can't comment on Pledge flavour :p

Speaking of cheesecake... think I might have to try @Susieq_1994 's chocolate chip cookie cheesecake thingies.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    My favorite Quest Bar flavors are double chocolate chunk and cookie dough. The only ones I'm not too wild about are the lemon pie and mixed fruit flavors.

The strawberry whey sample was super good! I also have a peanut butter flavor to try but I'm saving that because a 2lb tub is like 40 dollars.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am about to reach page 1204, but I now must go and shower and do something productive with my day.
    I am gonna try and read more this evening.....
    @Susieq_1994 - I hope you are feeling better by now!

I am in a pissy mood myself today because my SO is really not impressing me right now. It seems like things just keep piling on to this problem, and while they are small, enough feathers get heavy after a while. I don't really have a plan of action yet, but need to come up with one soon before I explode from the inside. I am going to do my best to fight off grief bacon, esp if I end up at home alone tonight. Hopefully I can keep my mind busy enough here to win that fight, if it becomes a problem.

Anyone here watch Bates Motel? I just finished the last season and am loving it!

I'm sorry you are still not doing well with your SO. I need to write you another email when I have time and let you know what's going on with me as well.

I haven't watched Bates Motel but it's a show I'm interested in watching sometime. I'll have to check and see if it is on Netflix or anything and give it a try.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Welcome back and congrats on the NSV @riderfangal
    Welcome back @quiksylver296 and nice ring
    And congrats on the promotion
    Awesome update @KylerJaye ! He sounds great
    Congrats on both NSVs @Glinda1971
    Nice ring @raelynnsmama52512 ! I hope everything with Oakwood Homes goes well.
    Hope you have fun running @xLoveLikeWinterx ! I'm on week 2 of c25k myself and have been feeling great.
    Welcome back @MissKhaan
    Glad you had a good weekend @MoHousdon
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am about to reach page 1204, but I now must go and shower and do something productive with my day.
    I am gonna try and read more this evening.....
    @Susieq_1994 - I hope you are feeling better by now!

Not quite, but I'm about 90% recovered. :) Yesterday I did really well, but I way overdid it because I was so excited about Eid, so I've had a bit of a setback today and I'm super tired and wibbly wobbly again. Hopefully tomorrow will be better, though! :)

Sorry if I missed it (plus I'm still catching up). Did you serve the desserts you made yet? Did everyone like them?
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the promotion @quiksylver296 that's SUPER GREAT!!

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    currently doing the 20 page catch up, in the meantime....

post date update!

ok, so i met the really nice dude for the first time on 7/9.
    since that thursday, i have literally spent some time of every day with him. ranging from two hours, to entire days.
    it's been absolutely amazing.

there was a slight hiccup on friday, where apparently he had had a panic attack on wednesday and didn't tell me. and the reason he didn't tell me is because the panic attack was from him getting freaked out that what we've been doing must be too good to be true, the shoe was going to drop and he was going to be crushed. he thought he ruined the potential of us having a relationship by letting things go too far too fast and was just overwhelmed by the whole thing. (which i actually think is pretty darn precious, just wish the poor dude didn't have to have a panic attack over it). so on friday, he was trying to reel things back a bit and to me it was like, oh and he's the rejection i've been expecting!

but then amazingly, on saturday, and then some more on sunday, we completely talked through everything. and he never got angry, or defensive, or stormed off (which was 97% of any discussion from my previous relationship). we came to a mutual conclusion on going forward and how we wanted to keep going forward. it was kinda awesome.

like really awesome. super great even ;)

and now he's determined to help me get my house done. my place has been in a constant state of "under construction" since i bought it. the ex wasn't exactly carpentry savvy, or motivated, so nothing was ever finished. lots and lots of starts, nothing finished. so yesterday we spent the whole day working on the dining room that still had naked walls and exposed insulation. one of the things he said while we were working that just totally made me melt was "just so you know, we're going to be eating dinner in here before the end of this week. this will be done" *sqee!*

yeah i'm pretty sure i've decided to keep him :D

He definitely sounds like a keeper!! Yay!!!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Yayyy way to go @riderfangal that's so super great you are awesome!!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    @just_ceci your rings are beautiful!! I love seeing everyone's rings they're all so unique and beautiful! <3
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and congrats on the NSV @riderfangal
    Welcome back @quiksylver296 and nice ring
    And congrats on the promotion
    Awesome update @KylerJaye ! He sounds great
    Congrats on both NSVs @Glinda1971
    Nice ring @raelynnsmama52512 ! I hope everything with Oakwood Homes goes well.
    Hope you have fun running @xLoveLikeWinterx ! I'm on week 2 of c25k myself and have been feeling great.
    Welcome back @MissKhaan
    Glad you had a good weekend @MoHousdon

Can I just echo all this? Haha. Seriously though, @spacequiztime just managed to cover everything I wanted to say!

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 great on the promotion!!

@riderfangal - Welcome to onederland!!

@MoHousdon - Glad you had a great weekend!!

Nice bling everyone!!