Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. I have to admit that part of the frustration is that I'm really ticked off at myself for getting sick in the first place. I've had this disorder for the better part of three years, and living with a chronic disease long-term means you learn how to manage it well (as I'm sure @Italian_Buju can attest to) or you're doomed. I learned all the little nuances and whispers of my body and when to stop and take it easy. But after a six month respite from any sort of flares, I got overconfident and stopped paying attention.

In hindsight, as an ill person, I KNEW and still know that I'm not capable of 60 minutes of stationary bike PLUS 36 flights of stairs PLUS a one hour walk, especially not when I'm fasting, which makes me much more prone to weakness. But I did that TWO DAYS IN A ROW without even thinking about it. So this flare up is all my stupid fault, and I'm pretty mad at me. I'm also mad at my body for not being healthy, which is a common resentment I have that always comes to the fore when I get sick. Stupid body, stupid me, stupid everything. :angry:

Truest statement ever! You try not to let it run your life, but if you forget for a minute it is there, something will happen to remind you!

Exactly! I was sure you'd be able to relate to that. :)

I can relate to this with my celiac disease. Forgetting to ask a question at a new restaurant or not reading every label before I buy something can make me sick for days. :(

YES!!

On the bright side, my favorite coffee shop started keeping a loaf of GF bread for me. (I bought it and left it in their freezer.) so many people asked for it, that they buy their own now and even let me order mine for home from their distributor. She also makes muffins and always keeps one GF kind made in "Myssi's muffin pan" to avoid cross contamination. I know I can go there and eat safely anytime. And she lets me check her recipes for GF safety and makes substitutions. (And now I want her baked potato salad.)

That is fabulous. The BnB we went to last weekend did fresh daily GF baking. It was great. My SO did paleo for awhile prior to meeting me so he had "some" clue and came up to speed quickly when we started dating and he's religious about asking for GF menu and stressing to the wait staff "That She'll EXPLODE" if she gets any gluten. He also cooks for me and is converted to GF pasta when I'm around. I keep GF stuff at his house and he is super great about calling ahead / researching ahead before he takes me to new restaurants. <3

the super great dude has celiacs and i'm really concerned about accidentally poisoning him :/

Ask him for help. He will appreciate it. :) seriously, I am a PITA to cook for, but my immediate family and my sweet friend Susie at the coffee shop have learned. And I have three church friends with celiac so we each take a course for potlucks...Kellie makes awesome appetizers, Jeanette does a GF pasta bake, Alice makes a salad of some sort and I make dessert. :) you'll get there...
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    I just ate a Quest apple pie bar that tasted nothing like apple pie. It was quite gross ... but I ate it anyways. :blush:

I did not enjoy the apple pie one, and it kind of broke my heart.

I confess that I am on Quest's website looking at different recipes to make with Quest Bars.

Has anyone tried their protein powders yet? If so, what do you think of them?

http://blog.questnutrition.com/category/recipes/

Holy macaroni face! I am trying this:

http://blog.questnutrition.com/quest-nutrition-cookie-dough-vanilla-cupcakes/

Those bars are so expensive I can't believe people would actually plan to use them as ingredients in other recipes! Well, maybe if you bought a bad one, like the Pledge flavor.

The Pledge flavor is my favorite :(

LOL

My mom loves that one and recommended it to me but I didn't like it either. At least my mom agrees with you (don't worry, she is cool-I love my mom. :) )
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. I have to admit that part of the frustration is that I'm really ticked off at myself for getting sick in the first place. I've had this disorder for the better part of three years, and living with a chronic disease long-term means you learn how to manage it well (as I'm sure @Italian_Buju can attest to) or you're doomed. I learned all the little nuances and whispers of my body and when to stop and take it easy. But after a six month respite from any sort of flares, I got overconfident and stopped paying attention.

In hindsight, as an ill person, I KNEW and still know that I'm not capable of 60 minutes of stationary bike PLUS 36 flights of stairs PLUS a one hour walk, especially not when I'm fasting, which makes me much more prone to weakness. But I did that TWO DAYS IN A ROW without even thinking about it. So this flare up is all my stupid fault, and I'm pretty mad at me. I'm also mad at my body for not being healthy, which is a common resentment I have that always comes to the fore when I get sick. Stupid body, stupid me, stupid everything. :angry:

Truest statement ever! You try not to let it run your life, but if you forget for a minute it is there, something will happen to remind you!

Exactly! I was sure you'd be able to relate to that. :)

I can relate to this with my celiac disease. Forgetting to ask a question at a new restaurant or not reading every label before I buy something can make me sick for days. :(

YES!!

On the bright side, my favorite coffee shop started keeping a loaf of GF bread for me. (I bought it and left it in their freezer.) so many people asked for it, that they buy their own now and even let me order mine for home from their distributor. She also makes muffins and always keeps one GF kind made in "Myssi's muffin pan" to avoid cross contamination. I know I can go there and eat safely anytime. And she lets me check her recipes for GF safety and makes substitutions. (And now I want her baked potato salad.)

That is fabulous. The BnB we went to last weekend did fresh daily GF baking. It was great. My SO did paleo for awhile prior to meeting me so he had "some" clue and came up to speed quickly when we started dating and he's religious about asking for GF menu and stressing to the wait staff "That She'll EXPLODE" if she gets any gluten. He also cooks for me and is converted to GF pasta when I'm around. I keep GF stuff at his house and he is super great about calling ahead / researching ahead before he takes me to new restaurants. <3

the super great dude has celiacs and i'm really concerned about accidentally poisoning him :/

My stepmother-in-law has it too and I am just very, very careful when I cook. All of my cookware, utensils, etc get another wash and dry with a clean dishcloth and towel (and the plates and eating utensils get a fresh cycle in the dishwasher) right before I use anything, I Google every ingredient and brand (and I try to do everything from scratch so that I don't miss something gluten-containing in the ingredients list of more processed foods), and I won't cook anything that's not GF at the same time (if she's coming over, we all get gluten-free everything, period.) It might be overcautious but I really want her to be able to come over for dinner without worrying about feeling bad later. My husband is very, very allergic to peanuts so I know the drill with cross-contamination and I don't take chances.

I <3 you!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @MoHousdon I'm going to Dewey's pizza for dinner tonight I'll be joining you later in the feeling ill group- totes worth it!!

No, no! Go to Hound Dogs so I can live vicariously through you! (Yeah I know this was last week but I'm really behind and reading a couple pages today every time I need a break :) )
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

Wow that's strange & amazing that you had the same dream for at least two weeks! Do any of you ever get Deja Vu?

Years before I started teaching, I dreamed about being in front of a classroom full of kids, teaching a certain lesson. Several years into my teaching career, I was there- in that classroom, with those kids, teaching that lesson. It freaked me out! I have had many other Deja Vu experiences, but that one stands out!

I had a similar kinda scary experience. I had a dream that there were some bad guys (not sure what else to call them) in the mall shooting people and I hid in the bathrooms from them. It was a mall I had been to before but the bathrooms were totally different in my dream (and very very unique).

Well fast forward a couple years and I'm at that mall with a friend and I go into the newly remodeled bathrooms and it is EXACTLY the same. I kinda had a panic attack since my dream wasn't a good one. I have been in those bathrooms one other time and I always hurry because it freaks me out. Makes me panic each time.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    GUESS WHAT?!?! I just got promoted!!! I've only been at this job for 8 months!!! I don't know what my raise is yet, but since I was already doing the work, I'm basically going to get paid more for what I already do.

ANDDDD....I only gained 0.4 on my vacation. I was truly expecting seven pounds or so, the way I ate.

YIPPEE, Monday!

Wow on both! Good job on the raise and that is amazing that you didn't gain during a vacation. :) Super good!
  • FroggyBug
    edited July 2015
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I just ate a Quest apple pie bar that tasted nothing like apple pie. It was quite gross ... but I ate it anyways. :blush:

I confess that I am on Quest's website looking at different recipes to make with Quest Bars.

Those bars are so expensive I can't believe people would actually plan to use them as ingredients in other recipes! Well, maybe if you bought a bad one, like the Pledge flavor.

LOL to the bolded. I like Quest bars and have one for breakfast pretty much every day, but the lemon one is just terrible (and I also love lemon-flavoured desserts.)

THIS X1000. The Pledge, er, lemon pie flavor is the worst. It's right up there with the white chocolate raspberry one. Sorry @quiksylver296

You all are broken. ;)

I've been wanting to try Quest bars! Can you all recommend the best flavors??

I like cookie dough best myself. But there are a couple others that I like: vanilla, mint and chocolate chunk are all pretty good. Oh and cookies and creme is really good too.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

LOL to the bolded. I like Quest bars and have one for breakfast pretty much every day, but the lemon one is just terrible (and I also love lemon-flavoured desserts.)

THIS X1000. The Pledge, er, lemon pie flavor is the worst. It's right up there with the white chocolate raspberry one. Sorry @quiksylver296

You all are broken. ;)

I've been wanting to try Quest bars! Can you all recommend the best flavors??

It depends what you like. Most people who like the bars like the Cookie Dough and Cookies n' Cream flavours, and the S'mores is similar (sweeter). I prefer the Double Chocolate Chunk to any of those as it's a bit less toothachy sweet, but those are probably the four most popular chocolate flavours and the best chocolate ones IMO (haven't tried the chocolate mint one yet though.)

The White Chocolate Raspberry and Strawberry Cheesecake are okay but also VERY sweet (I have a sweet tooth but they're too much for me), but I really like the Apple Pie and Banana Nut Muffin (which seems to be an unpopular opinion.) I also really like the Cinnamon Roll one.

I didn't care for Coconut Cashew, Vanilla Almond, or Lemon Pie, and I haven't tried any of the peanut ones because my husband is very allergic.

ETA: The texture does take some getting used to as they're dense and chewy, almost toffee or caramel-like, but they get softer if you heat them in the microwave for a few seconds and a lot of people prefer them that way.

Do they keep you full for breakfast?

I eat a protein bar for breakfast (not always quest since they can be expensive) and have a protein shake (I do use the chocolate or vanilla quest shake mix). It seems to keep me full for about 6 hours (until my lunch).
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I caught up in ONE DAY!!! I can't believe it. I actually did work at work, too. I am super efficient today. (Must be why they promoted me :D )

Must be! It took me 2 weeks... :(

• FroggyBug
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Its been probably 15 years since I weighed under 200. Feels pretty darn good!!!

Congrats!! I can't wait for that day to come for me. It must feel so good. :) Be proud of yourself!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    @FroggyBug Maybe I missed it but the last post I saw you hadn't heard from your BF (not sure how you are referring to him sorry) since the 5th is that still the case?

He actually called last week early in the morning (like Tuesday or something) so I was worried (because he sleeps in late). He found some kittens so he wanted to know what to do with them. He got them to a safe place and they are doing okay now. We both love animals so he wanted my help. The mother cat wasn't anywhere around. Poor kitties.

Other than that he wasn't communicating with me. Finally this Saturday I texted him to let him know that I think we should be communicating more. (I MISS him...) He did say he got some time off next month specifically so I can schedule the counseling sessions so I will be doing that. I get five free sessions.

I really hope it helps but I'm worried that it may be too late. I just get that feeling unfortunately. We will see. I'm scared, I don't know what to expect.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    I caught up in ONE DAY!!! I can't believe it. I actually did work at work, too. I am super efficient today. (Must be why they promoted me :D )

That's how I feel as well. I even got over 10,000 steps today (first time in about 3 months-since my knee injury). So double win. :)
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    @FroggyBug Maybe I missed it but the last post I saw you hadn't heard from your BF (not sure how you are referring to him sorry) since the 5th is that still the case?

He actually called last week early in the morning (like Tuesday or something) so I was worried (because he sleeps in late). He found some kittens so he wanted to know what to do with them. He got them to a safe place and they are doing okay now. We both love animals so he wanted my help. The mother cat wasn't anywhere around. Poor kitties.

Other than that he wasn't communicating with me. Finally this Saturday I texted him to let him know that I think we should be communicating more. (I MISS him...) He did say he got some time off next month specifically so I can schedule the counseling sessions so I will be doing that. I get five free sessions.

I really hope it helps but I'm worried that it may be too late. I just get that feeling unfortunately. We will see. I'm scared, I don't know what to expect.

I wish I had some good advice to offer, I am so sad you are going through this. Fingers crossed that the counselling will help and if not at the very least you will get some type of resolution
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    @KylerJaye Glad things are going so well with the really nice dude. He needs an official thread nickname by this point, I think. :)

omg i totally want to call him mr jaye! we both have a deep love of batman, the joker and harley quinn. she refers to the joker as mr j
    *swoon*
    hehe

Me too! Love Harley Quinn and the Joker! Favorite versions are Mark Hamill's and Troy Baker's... Heath Ledger did a mighty fine job as well. I remember you said you were excited to see the Suicide Squad movie :tongue:
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I've been watching, of all things, Game of Thrones reactions from different people all day. I can't believe I have to wait another year for season 6 :angry: I think I'm going to start rewatching it.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @KylerJaye Glad things are going so well with the really nice dude. He needs an official thread nickname by this point, I think. :)

omg i totally want to call him mr jaye! we both have a deep love of batman, the joker and harley quinn. she refers to the joker as mr j
    *swoon*
    hehe

Me too! Love Harley Quinn and the Joker! Favorite versions are Mark Hamill's and Troy Baker's... Heath Ledger did a mighty fine job as well. I remember you said you were excited to see the Suicide Squad movie :tongue:

Confession: when you two referred to Harley Quinn I thought you were referring to Agatha Christie's mysterious Harley Quin.

And then I realized he must be a character in the Batman franchise.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I have been swamped with work today, and haven't been able to catch up.
    I have a confession though: This weekend I had Peach Cobbler, Chocolate Sin (if you don't know what this is, google it), Chocolate cake, Ice cream cone from Sonic, Cake at a baby shower, Lemon Meringue Pie at my book club meeting, and all kinds of other non dessert foods. I am not happy with how I feel about myself today for this.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    GUESS WHAT?!?! I just got promoted!!! I've only been at this job for 8 months!!! I don't know what my raise is yet, but since I was already doing the work, I'm basically going to get paid more for what I already do.

ANDDDD....I only gained 0.4 on my vacation. I was truly expecting seven pounds or so, the way I ate.

YIPPEE, Monday!

Yay!!!! Super great!!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and congrats on the NSV @riderfangal
    Welcome back @quiksylver296 and nice ring
    And congrats on the promotion
    Awesome update @KylerJaye ! He sounds great
    Congrats on both NSVs @Glinda1971
    Nice ring @raelynnsmama52512 ! I hope everything with Oakwood Homes goes well.
    Hope you have fun running @xLoveLikeWinterx ! I'm on week 2 of c25k myself and have been feeling great.
    Welcome back @MissKhaan
    Glad you had a good weekend @MoHousdon

Can I just echo all this? Haha. Seriously though, @spacequiztime just managed to cover everything I wanted to say!

Yeah, I was just going to say I'm glad we are getting some good news in this thread, but I think @spacequiztime covered it all :)
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    So I didn't want to say anything before I went on holidays but I dropped into "Onederland" by a half pound. I didn't want to jinx it because I was scared I wa sgoing to be back in the 2's when I got home but...Yay I stayed under

Welcome back!!! We DID miss you. Congrats on your victory there! I got into the 170's this weekend for the first time in years.... I didn't log it the first day because I thought it was a fluke (I was fasting for some blood work). But then it stuck the next day AND today. YAY!