Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Canadians! I just bought Fibre One bars in Chocolate Chip and Strawberry Crumble flavours at Superstore (Loblaws). Just in case anyone was looking...

I got some at Wal-Mart on Saturday....have not tried it yet though...
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Ok guys I am not going to lie. I just stripped myself naked in the very busy Target parking lot so I could go grocery shopping after running. I was in my car. And I did do it in stages. But still.

Many years ago I used to pick up my best girlfriends oldest son from school and drive him to work a few times a week.....he changed out of his school clothes and into his work uniform on the car ride there every time.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So, I made the peanut butter cookies that we talked about earlier. I used Stevia like I planned to. They were my dinner. The entire batch...830 calories. Not bad. I still have 500ish calories left too! :)

Thanks for letting is know Stevia works. I feel a baking spree coming on...

I want to clarify that I have no problem with the taste/aftertaste of Stevia...I use it in everything! I may not be the best judge on whether that are good/yummy/delicious for everyone. That being said...I will definitely be making them again because I thought they were great! :)

And I'm a bit behind this morning...but I saw @Tubbs216 's status and it looks like she made pb cookies too! :)

I am most interested to know what the texture was.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Man, I had a rough day today!

First off I could not fall asleep last night to save my life, it was at least 3:30am when I finally slept.

Then today, like less than half an hour after I get to work a lady a vaguely know (she lives down the hall, but have had limited contact), is in my store and as she gets up to me, she is shaking really badly. She is pregnant, I would say about six months along. I ask her if she is ok, and she says she is not feeling well, and thinks she just peed herself. Her pants were soaked, her water broke for sure. Right as this happens, she literally starts going down. I got her on the chair, and we called 911. She was freaking out, she kept saying "it's way too early".

It felt like it took the paramedics forever to get there! They did not even have their lights on or anything! My boss said because she was not in pain, when we were talking about it after. Ok, fine, she was not in pain, but she was pregnant, about half way through, and her water broke, hurry up!

That messed me up for hours, I was like spaced out or something. I feel terrible for her!

Then my boss and I had a disagreement and while it was not a fight and is not a huge deal, it made for an uncomfortable afternoon.

After that, the girl that is supposed to relieve me calls in sick....and she never calls in so I know she is sick, but my boss could not find anyone to cover. She was gonna call in one of my co-workers that works two jobs and NEVER gets a day off, was out for a walk earlier in the day and mentioned that she was off. So, for the second time this month, I offered to stay extra to avoid her having to come in. The first problem is that my feet and bladder were unprepared for that extra half shift, because I did not pace myself at the beginning of the shift.....my feet have their own heartbeat now and I almost didn't make it home in time to pee!

Now, it is 10:30, the time I usually go to bed during the week, and here I am, eating dinner. That is the second problem.....ugh.

I am feeling overwhelmed, and have a busy week ahead of me. I must pace myself. If I do not make it to the gym tomorrow, I am ok with that, as long as I get my steps in. I can't do much more there than walk on the treadmill and track anyway, as I do not have my appointment for a reboot on the weigh equipment until Thursday.

I have to go for the first of two sets of tests on my legs tomorrow checking the blood flow. When I am mapping the day out in my head, I keep thinking of the wrong medical building......I am hoping I do not make that mistake tomorrow....

That does sound terrible. Did you find out about your neighbor? Is she OK? Is the baby OK?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    So I didn't want to say anything before I went on holidays but I dropped into "Onederland" by a half pound. I didn't want to jinx it because I was scared I wa sgoing to be back in the 2's when I got home but...Yay I stayed under

Welcome back!!! We DID miss you. Congrats on your victory there! I got into the 170's this weekend for the first time in years.... I didn't log it the first day because I thought it was a fluke (I was fasting for some blood work). But then it stuck the next day AND today. YAY!

Thank you so much. The still not so self confident me was just a teeny bit worried you all would forget about me

Congrats on getting into the 70s. That is fantastic!

NEVER! (Forget you that is!)
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Our group thread 'The Batcave' is now a closed group. After consultation, it's been decided that it would be best to have the group be closed to everyone except members, so that we can all feel safe posting whatever personal stuff we want, pictures etc. We had a number of members who had never posted on the thread but joined the group, and those people have been deleted.

Link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106593-confession-is-good-for-the-soul

If you want an invitation, please message me, @Susieq_1994 or @Italian_Buju and we'll be happy to add you. If you've been deleted but want to remain a member, let one of us know.

Happy Friday!

Cool. I'm big on privacy (don't have twitter/facebook etc) so I'm always nervous about posting pictures online. Now, I'm thinking about posting some later. :)

I don't have facebook or twitter either!! I thought I was the only one!

No Facebook. Professional Twitter

I have facebook, but I only pop on there for a few minutes most days. It is mostly a place I use to soapbox my political/moral beliefs. I made a Twitter, but don't use it.....
  • Oberon21
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    @FroggyBug Maybe I missed it but the last post I saw you hadn't heard from your BF (not sure how you are referring to him sorry) since the 5th is that still the case?

He actually called last week early in the morning (like Tuesday or something) so I was worried (because he sleeps in late). He found some kittens so he wanted to know what to do with them. He got them to a safe place and they are doing okay now. We both love animals so he wanted my help. The mother cat wasn't anywhere around. Poor kitties.

Other than that he wasn't communicating with me. Finally this Saturday I texted him to let him know that I think we should be communicating more. (I MISS him...) He did say he got some time off next month specifically so I can schedule the counseling sessions so I will be doing that. I get five free sessions.

I really hope it helps but I'm worried that it may be too late. I just get that feeling unfortunately. We will see. I'm scared, I don't know what to expect.

I wish I had some good advice to offer, I am so sad you are going through this. Fingers crossed that the counselling will help and if not at the very least you will get some type of resolution

I'll echo this.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I started doing this yesterday (I have a "spot" 3 stalls away from the main entrance that I usually park in) in hope of getting my step count up and just to increase my movement throughout the day. I had 4 people today and 1 person today, ask me I'm parking out there. My office neighbor was a dick about it and asked if I'm trying to work on my tan. Jerk.

Even with all that extra walking, and shopping last night with my best girl, and I still barely hit 5000 steps. How in the world are you people hitting 12000 plus a day?!

@MoHousdon - I rarely hit 5K steps per day unless I'm out hiking. I count it as a win if I get over 4K per day... I walk about a mile in the mornings on my way in to work (I carpool with my husband and we park the car, then walk around together for awhile before we each head to our offices). I walk on my breaks (when I'm not engrossed in a book) and am up and down most of the day, but still don't seem to hit the step counts I think I should be. Perhaps it's partly due to my step-counter app being on my phone and I forget to put it in my pocket when I'm walking around the office. I need to look into a Fitbit or other device that I could clip onto my clothes, since I really don't like wearing anything on my wrists.

Can stride affect step count? I have a really long stride, so am I cheating myself out of steps somehow?

YES! You can set that on the app!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    GUYSGUYSGUYS!!!! After almost 2 weeks, I'm FINALLY CAUGHT UP ON THIS THREAD!!! I'm happier about this than you can possibly imagine. Members of the batcave know why.

I still have not gotten around to posting any vacation pictures (anywhere) but I'm hoping to get to that soon. I have to airplane window shots that are really cool and I can't wait for you all to see them, and the beach we went to was just beautiful. I also have some pics of Mr. Mo and I that I plan on sharing in the random pictures thread in the batcave. I missed you all so incredibly much and I'm glad to be back.

I have decided to finish TONIGHT! I WILL be caught up before going to bed......
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I caught up in ONE DAY!!! I can't believe it. I actually did work at work, too. I am super efficient today. (Must be why they promoted me :D )

I am still not caught up and I didn't go away! I need to go on vacation to catch up!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    How do we get @Italian_Buju to come back?! Also, where has Lois been? @m1xm0d3 thanks for holding it down for the fellas. Glad to see you stuck around.

@ASG_21 nice to put a user name with @susieqshusband. Welcome, Lurky McLurkerson.

I can't believe I forgot the "Mc" part. Thanks for bring that to my attention @Susieq_1994
    LMAO
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I have a coworker who can be quite snotty and apparently gets offended by smells. And I get it to a point, I also hate strong perfumes and the like. But she complained to me the other day about how "rude" it is that someone made popcorn. Not liking a smell is one thing. Saying someone is rude because of a food seems a bit ridiculous to me.

I brought popcorn for a snack today :naughty:

I love you! This is great! Think she got it?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    So, I don't know if anyone remembers my crazy bug bite rash on my leg or not. I had been to immediate care a couple of times and had taken a course of Keflex but it never got any better. It got super bad over this past weekend so I went to my regular doc on Monday and she drew some blood to test. I just got back from there with a Lyme disease diagnosis and a month's supply of doxycycline as my parting gift. Woo! That's what I get for living in the woods, I guess. LOL

Oh wow, sorry to hear that.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    @MoHousdon Congrats on your accomplishment in catching up on the thread! That took dedication! :smile: You deserve a Major Award! (<---- This is a reference to the holiday movie A Christmas Story, which happens to be one of my favorite movies... the dad describes the "leg lamp" he wins in a contest as a "major award." Ha!! )

You mean this lamp?! In case you didn't know, I'm fluent in movie quotes, song lyrics, and sarcasm.

tq7gytmjfx2q.gif

+1 for the movie. A Christmas Story is my alltime favorite. Luckily I work at a children's hospital so I can get away with playing it at Christmastime!!! I am also fluent in the above list!!
    I have tried to watch that one a few times, but find it so boring!

My favorite Christmas movie is It's A Wonderful Life.

I can watch it a few times each year, even back to back once or twice!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    So I didn't want to say anything before I went on holidays but I dropped into "Onederland" by a half pound. I didn't want to jinx it because I was scared I wa sgoing to be back in the 2's when I got home but...Yay I stayed under

This is great news! So many folks today reporting progress/NSAs/great relationship/work stories. I am sure I'll miss a few but congrats to all!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I feel ill now from my food intake so far today.

What I've had:
    3 zucchini bars with cream cheese frosting (not logged in my diary :blush: )
    1 Rice Krispie Treat
    1 serving of Ruffles potato chips with French onion dip (one of my most favoritest snacks)
    1 cup of diced watermelon (no, I did not learn my lesson from my personal watermelon the other night)
    1 bite of a subpar donut (threw the rest in the garbage)
    6 baby carrots
    3 small florets of cauliflower
    1 serving of ranch dip
    1 24 oz. venti Starbucks black sweet tea (my new summer obsession)
    1 peanut butter supreme Quest Bar
    4 tortilla rollups
    3 pieces of puppy chow
    40 oz. water

Um, what? Now I can't stop laughing!!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    @MoHousdon Congrats on your accomplishment in catching up on the thread! That took dedication! :smile: You deserve a Major Award! (<---- This is a reference to the holiday movie A Christmas Story, which happens to be one of my favorite movies... the dad describes the "leg lamp" he wins in a contest as a "major award." Ha!! )

You mean this lamp?! In case you didn't know, I'm fluent in movie quotes, song lyrics, and sarcasm.

tq7gytmjfx2q.gif

+1 for the movie. A Christmas Story is my alltime favorite. Luckily I work at a children's hospital so I can get away with playing it at Christmastime!!! I am also fluent in the above list!!
    I have tried to watch that one a few times, but find it so boring!

My favorite Christmas movie is It's A Wonderful Life.

I can watch it a few times each year, even back to back once or twice!
    I agree. It's actually quite edgy, for a feel-good Christmas movie.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Did you guys notice we've been at this for 1300 pages now?! How incredibly super great is that?!

Apparently, my word for the day is incredible/incredibly. :smiley:

I did notice that as soon as I popped on try and catch up. And was sad I missed it! I have to do better keeping up with you guys. I have to figure out how to keep up AND do all the exercise I keep committing to in the motivation thread!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I feel ill now from my food intake so far today.

What I've had:
    3 zucchini bars with cream cheese frosting (not logged in my diary :blush: )
    1 Rice Krispie Treat
    1 serving of Ruffles potato chips with French onion dip (one of my most favoritest snacks)
    1 cup of diced watermelon (no, I did not learn my lesson from my personal watermelon the other night)
    1 bite of a subpar donut (threw the rest in the garbage)
    6 baby carrots
    3 small florets of cauliflower
    1 serving of ranch dip
    1 24 oz. venti Starbucks black sweet tea (my new summer obsession)
    1 peanut butter supreme Quest Bar
    4 tortilla rollups
    3 pieces of puppy chow
    40 oz. water

Does the MFP database have an entry for that?

Hahahahaahaha! OMG it is 1am, I am totally sleep deprived, and cannot stop laughing about @MoHousdon and the puppy chow.....and now @ythannah reply just made me laugh so hard I think I peed a little!!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    GUESS WHAT?!?! I just got promoted!!! I've only been at this job for 8 months!!! I don't know what my raise is yet, but since I was already doing the work, I'm basically going to get paid more for what I already do.

ANDDDD....I only gained 0.4 on my vacation. I was truly expecting seven pounds or so, the way I ate.

YIPPEE, Monday!
    CONGRATS!
    I agree with all of the above EXCEPT the bolded....Mondays can go die in a fire.