Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    currently doing the 20 page catch up, in the meantime....

post date update!

ok, so i met the really nice dude for the first time on 7/9.
    since that thursday, i have literally spent some time of every day with him. ranging from two hours, to entire days.
    it's been absolutely amazing.

there was a slight hiccup on friday, where apparently he had had a panic attack on wednesday and didn't tell me. and the reason he didn't tell me is because the panic attack was from him getting freaked out that what we've been doing must be too good to be true, the shoe was going to drop and he was going to be crushed. he thought he ruined the potential of us having a relationship by letting things go too far too fast and was just overwhelmed by the whole thing. (which i actually think is pretty darn precious, just wish the poor dude didn't have to have a panic attack over it). so on friday, he was trying to reel things back a bit and to me it was like, oh and he's the rejection i've been expecting!

but then amazingly, on saturday, and then some more on sunday, we completely talked through everything. and he never got angry, or defensive, or stormed off (which was 97% of any discussion from my previous relationship). we came to a mutual conclusion on going forward and how we wanted to keep going forward. it was kinda awesome.

like really awesome. super great even ;)

and now he's determined to help me get my house done. my place has been in a constant state of "under construction" since i bought it. the ex wasn't exactly carpentry savvy, or motivated, so nothing was ever finished. lots and lots of starts, nothing finished. so yesterday we spent the whole day working on the dining room that still had naked walls and exposed insulation. one of the things he said while we were working that just totally made me melt was "just so you know, we're going to be eating dinner in here before the end of this week. this will be done" *sqee!*

yeah i'm pretty sure i've decided to keep him :D

I'm so excited for you! I hope things keep going well, he sounds awesome!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Back from camping! Everything was amazing (there we're some hiccups... I forgot the poles for the tent so we bought a cheapy backup, which works out), I am freckled and happy! I did a bit of damage weight wise but overall I am very happy with it, now to flush the system with water and get my *kitten* back into a schedule! Hope everyone is doing well and glad to see @Italian_Buju has come back :)
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    I just ate a Quest apple pie bar that tasted nothing like apple pie. It was quite gross ... but I ate it anyways. :blush:

I did not enjoy the apple pie one, and it kind of broke my heart.

I confess that I am on Quest's website looking at different recipes to make with Quest Bars.

Has anyone tried their protein powders yet? If so, what do you think of them?

http://blog.questnutrition.com/category/recipes/

Holy macaroni face! I am trying this:

http://blog.questnutrition.com/quest-nutrition-cookie-dough-vanilla-cupcakes/

Those bars are so expensive I can't believe people would actually plan to use them as ingredients in other recipes! Well, maybe if you bought a bad one, like the Pledge flavor.

LOL to the bolded. I like Quest bars and have one for breakfast pretty much every day, but the lemon one is just terrible (and I also love lemon-flavoured desserts.)

THIS X1000. The Pledge, er, lemon pie flavor is the worst. It's right up there with the white chocolate raspberry one. Sorry @quiksylver296

You all are broken. ;)

I've been wanting to try Quest bars! Can you all recommend the best flavors??

They are obviously subjective, as the Lemon Cream Pie is my favorite and makes other people gag. The new Chocolate Mint is good. I like the Coconut Cashew, White Chocolate Raspberry, Brownie (especially heated in the microwave for 10-15 seconds), too. The only flavor that I couldn't even finish was Peanut Butter Chocolate, that was gag-worthy in my opinion. I haven't tried any of the other peanut butter flavors because of it.

ETA: Oh, and Apple Pie is good, too.

Apple Pie, Strawberry, and Brownie heated in the micro are SO good to me. The White Choc Raspberry and PB Choc were :( to me. The Brownie heated up seriously tastes like a dessert to me (and I may eat a half sometimes with whipped cream as a dessert >.< )
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    GUESS WHAT?!?! I just got promoted!!! I've only been at this job for 8 months!!! I don't know what my raise is yet, but since I was already doing the work, I'm basically going to get paid more for what I already do.

ANDDDD....I only gained 0.4 on my vacation. I was truly expecting seven pounds or so, the way I ate.

YIPPEE, Monday!

That is incredible news! About the promotion AND the miniscule weight gain.

• ShibaEars
    Options
    Confession: I have a coworker who has FMLA for mystery circulatory system problem. I believe she is really sick, but am made crazy when her episodes conveniently happen to allow her to.take a Friday and Monday off when her work is far enough behind that the higher ups will have me do it for her while she is out. I decided to take last Friday off because they were emailing me about her stuff while she was here last week. I forwarded it all to her and replied to the bosses that it was her work. So she took FMLA for Friday and today and I had to.do.it anyway. GRRR....

This is frustrating. Maybe a person really is ill, but I totally think some people play it up. One of my coworker had gall bladder problems last fall, which conveniently only flared up on Mondays & Fridays :angry:
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Hi everyone!!! I'm surprised that there are so many pages to catch up on. I'm currently working on it. :)

I had a good birthday. I actually got a swimming suit and swam for the first time in a LONG time. I swam Friday and Saturday before the storms rolled in. I got to see fireworks Thursday, Friday and Saturday (I love fireworks). I was able to eat bbq, s'mores and had a lot of fun. I'm sad it is over.

My boyfriend did hang out with me from Thursday to Sunday. We got along well. Last night we decided to take a break and he is going to work on himself. I think it is a good thing. I finally think he understands how hurt my heart was/is. I'm feeling better at least.

Glad to hear it!

And super jealous, I am dying to go swimming and today was the only day it would have been hot enough this week and I was stuck at work all day!!

I seriously hadn't been swimming since about 2007ish so it was a long time. I had to go buy a swimsuit. I was just glad I found a cute one that fit pretty good. I just hate that my hair is all dry now from the chlorine. :|

I hope you get to go swimming sometime soon. :)
    I STILL have not been able to go swimming....I am hopefully gonna get there Tuesday. I actually was dreaming about swimming before I woke up this morning....how sad is that!

Not sad at all. I got to swim once more last Friday. Saturday and Sunday were kinda stormy here so no swimming those days. Maybe this week sometime.

I'm crossing my fingers that you get to go!

I'm still trying to catch up on this thread and have a lot of work to do today (yay no more front desk for me since my knee was cleared so I'm having to walk around at work a lot more).
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    So I signed up for a 5k run! I'm so excited. It's 10/10 so I have like 11.5 weeks to do it, and I fast walk 4 miles or so a day, so I'm not thinking it'll be too much trouble.

I installed a C25K app on my phone so I'm doing that starting tonight, and then going straight to the 10k right after. I have a 10k I want to do on 12/5 so that's gonna help me get my butt back into jogging/running.

I was waiting until I got to my 1st goal weight to start, because jogging with too much extra weight on my knees kills me.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    I totally wee in the shower.

I am sure we have all done that a time or two... :D

I can honestly say I have never peed in a shower/pool/ocean. I will admit that I've tried, but my body just won't let it happen lol.

Me neither. I remember having major surgery when I was 19 and the first night I was given a bedpan to pee in... even though my bladder was close to bursting, it took a LOT of effort to pee while sitting in bed.

Aaaaand... four days later, I'm finally caught up!

Yay for being caught up! In triathlon people go to the bathroom in their wetsuit and on the bike. While under extreme duress I can go in my wetsuit now (but not while swimming) I refuse to go on the bike (I think that is beyond disgusting and since I am not fast I see no reason not to stop at a portapotty on course). They even go while running...no way could I do that.

People just pee all over themselves?! That is nasty. :s

Yep. I don't think I've ever been that serious about something that peeing on myself seemed like the best choice. :grimace:
    My BIL is a surfer when he gets the chance, and says that peeing inside one's wetsuit on a cold day is one of life's great pleasures. I can't see it myself, but hey, no judgement.

When we were getting scuba certified, the instructor said there's two types of divers. Those who pee in their suit, and those who lie about it.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    GUESS WHAT?!?! I just got promoted!!! I've only been at this job for 8 months!!! I don't know what my raise is yet, but since I was already doing the work, I'm basically going to get paid more for what I already do.

ANDDDD....I only gained 0.4 on my vacation. I was truly expecting seven pounds or so, the way I ate.

YIPPEE, Monday!

Congrats!!!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    So I signed up for a 5k run! I'm so excited. It's 10/10 so I have like 11.5 weeks to do it, and I fast walk 4 miles or so a day, so I'm not thinking it'll be too much trouble.

I installed a C25K app on my phone so I'm doing that starting tonight, and then going straight to the 10k right after. I have a 10k I want to do on 12/5 so that's gonna help me get my butt back into jogging/running.

I was waiting until I got to my 1st goal weight to start, because jogging with too much extra weight on my knees kills me.

Good for you! Even if you aren't big on running normally (like me), I find the 5K/10K runs are a lot of fun. It's easy to get excited and caught up in the energy of the crowd.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I just ate a Quest apple pie bar that tasted nothing like apple pie. It was quite gross ... but I ate it anyways. :blush:

I confess that I am on Quest's website looking at different recipes to make with Quest Bars.

Those bars are so expensive I can't believe people would actually plan to use them as ingredients in other recipes! Well, maybe if you bought a bad one, like the Pledge flavor.

LOL to the bolded. I like Quest bars and have one for breakfast pretty much every day, but the lemon one is just terrible (and I also love lemon-flavoured desserts.)

THIS X1000. The Pledge, er, lemon pie flavor is the worst. It's right up there with the white chocolate raspberry one. Sorry @quiksylver296

You all are broken. ;)

They are obviously subjective, as the Lemon Cream Pie is my favorite and makes other people gag. The new Chocolate Mint is good. I like the Coconut Cashew, White Chocolate Raspberry, Brownie (especially heated in the microwave for 10-15 seconds), too. The only flavor that I couldn't even finish was Peanut Butter Chocolate, that was gag-worthy in my opinion. I haven't tried any of the other peanut butter flavors because of it.

I did not like any of those. I personally (take it or leave it as I am VERY picky) like the peanut butter supreme (seriously, check out my diary), cinnamon roll, s'mores, vanilla almond crunch, and cookies & cream. The strawberry cheesecake one is really sweet, and I didn't super care for it. I have yet to try the mint chocolate one, but I haven't been a huge fan of the other chocolate flavors so far.

I like the fiber they have and I have pretty much zero chance of reaching my protein (and fiber) goals without them. I eat them for breakfast, if I neglect to bring something else, or after a workout. I ran out this morning, so I'll be making a trip to the nutrition store at lunch. Good luck on finding 1 or more that you like!

• MoHousdon
    Options
    Did you guys notice we've been at this for 1300 pages now?! How incredibly super great is that?!

Apparently, my word for the day is incredible/incredibly. :smiley:
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

<3
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    How do we get @Italian_Buju to come back?! Also, where has Lois been? @m1xm0d3 thanks for holding it down for the fellas. Glad to see you stuck around.

@ASG_21 nice to put a user name with @susieqshusband. Welcome, Lurky McLurkerson.

I can't believe I forgot the "Mc" part. Thanks for bring that to my attention @Susieq_1994

You guys certainly are a persistent group......

I think I have had enough interaction with you guys in the group since I embarrassed myself that I should be able to just swallow my pride, even if I choke on it a little. However you guys do realize that now I have two weeks worth of posts to catch up on and binge post on things possibly two weeks old, right? This might turn into a case of be careful what you wish for lol.

I do want to say thanks guys. I tried to post a few times but kept stumbling over my words and never knew what to say. Even though I did not read along with this thread, I did check when I had notifications here. You guys rock.
    Sorry I got freaked out :|

Welcome back, we have all said and done things that embarrass us, but really, others do not see them as embarrassing. We missed you!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

YIPPEE, Monday!
    Congrats!
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Confession
    I ruin songs for my teenage daughter. I sign along in a nasal voice when I feel the song is whiny. I ask too many questions about the meaning of the song or point out how sexist (or whatever it may be) the lyrics are of a particular song. I know he is talented but I change the station when I hear one popular Grammy winning singer whining about someone not being faithful. I don't mean to ruin songs for my daughter, it just happens when I point out something she stops liking the song.

For example the GDFR song that sounds like it has an oboe in it. Then it does not quite sound like and oboe but a sax. Then I go back and forth pondering what musical instrument is making that sound. It drives her nuts. But, we have a lot of similar musical tastes so when she broke her ipod and I gave her mine she didn't complain. :)

Then I think about songs I like and I could be called hypocritical. My kids knew the lyrics and sang along to Violent Femmes Blister in the Sun (for example, there are others) in early elementary school.

Confession #2
    In general I don't like violent movies but I find Grosse Point Blank hilarious.

I over-analyse song lyrics to the point of hating them. There was an admittedly crap song by a boyband over here a couple of summers ago called 'she walks like Rihanna' and it basically explained that this girl was rubbish at everything, but at least she could strut and was hot. Everyone at work would listen to it and it would wind me up so much. I kept hearing the message, 'young girls, don't worry about putting any effort into anything or developing any talents, you're hot so you'll be fine.'

Or that song about the girl who doesn't know she's beautiful . . . and that's what makes her beautiful. I get that conceited isn't an attractive trait, but IME a person who knows they're beautiful attracts a better class of mate than someone with low self-esteem, which makes you wonder about the person who wrote the lyrics. Goodness knows the guys who have encouraged me to have low self-esteem (and other women I've known) have all had serious issues of their own.

And don't even get me started on "Blurred Lines," which has been discussed ad nauseum elsewhere.

But I also enjoy analyzing some songs. When you know how Rihanna's accountant screwed her over, "B---- Better Have My Money" becomes a million times better.
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options

You all are broken. ;)

I did not like any of those. I personally (take it or leave it as I am VERY picky) like the peanut butter supreme (seriously, check out my diary), cinnamon roll, s'mores, vanilla almond crunch, and cookies & cream. The strawberry cheesecake one is really sweet, and I didn't super care for it. I have yet to try the mint chocolate one, but I haven't been a huge fan of the other chocolate flavors so far.

I like the fiber they have and I have pretty much zero chance of reaching my protein (and fiber) goals without them. I eat them for breakfast, if I neglect to bring something else, or after a workout. I ran out this morning, so I'll be making a trip to the nutrition store at lunch. Good luck on finding 1 or more that you like!

Have you ever thought about making your own? I recently made some no-bake peanut butter ones for hiking (because I'm on a really tight budget and it was cheaper to make my own then buy them). They weren't bad, but they were a bit fally-aparty so they didn't work out well for hiking, but do as a snack on their own.

http://www.runningwithspoons.com/2013/08/26/no-bake-almond-fudge-protein-bars/

I used peanut butter and then mixed the chocolate chips in, instead of melting them on top.

I also found another recipe that that needs baking, and I think they'll hold better together than the other ones.

http://www.runningwithspoons.com/2014/01/07/soft-and-chewy-protein-granola-bars/

Just a thought!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

YIPPEE, Monday![/quote

sweet! I am glad someone is having a good Monday.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    So I didn't want to say anything before I went on holidays but I dropped into "Onederland" by a half pound. I didn't want to jinx it because I was scared I wa sgoing to be back in the 2's when I got home but...Yay I stayed under
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Adding my rings to the display:
    iwfb9s4ub2q9.jpg
    DH picked out the diamond and gave me a choice of 2 sets he had narrowed it down to. It doesn't really show in the picture, but it's white gold with yellow gold accents.