Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Guilty confession: I love McD's breakfast burritos!

Me too! They are SO good!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

Me too! They are SO good!
    Yet so plastic!
  • TigerNY128
    edited August 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I am getting my skin cancer cut out today. I had no idea no running, riding, swimming, or anything but walking or the stationary bike after 2 days for TWO weeks. I am not happy.

Not to mention the sound of the snipping of my flesh is making me a bit nauseous.
    Oh no! Hope everything goes ok. Can I ask where it is?

My shoulder. Basically upper bicep. It's been there for a while. I am not good at doing this kind of stuff. Finally decided to deal with it. Not good in that I neglect going to the doctor, not that it bothers me. I am pretty ok with most things just find these kinds of things annoying to take time out of my day. This is ridiculous. I have been here for 4 hours now. They snip then test then snip some more. I have been in 3 times now for snipping. Hoping 3rd time was a charm.

That's exactly where my melanoma was! I'm not sure what kind you have, but I know they have to cut the most skin out when it's melanoma (sorry if I'm grossing anyone out). So even though I had a lot cut out, I was just not able to do a lot with my arms for a week...i.e., not stretch the skin too much. I see no reason why you couldn't walk or ride your horse...as long as you're careful...of course, I'm not a doctor though! Lol.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Sigh all caught up... now I'll get bored.
  • TigerNY128
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

They're so tiny though.

Confession: I love all 460 calories of the bacon, egg, and (sorry @peleroja) cheese biscuit. They are my most favoritest thing by far on their menu.

I eat 2 burritos!!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Sigh all caught up... now I'll get bored.
    http://www.readanybook.com/online/68
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    To jump in on the McD convo: I used to get their sausage & egg biscuit, then add cheese to it (sorry @peleroja ). I also love their fruit & yogurt parfaits. Not too many calories, but quite tasty. I consider it a dessert for my biscuit sandwich.

Also, sometimes I just really want a McD's cheeseburger. The little one. I almost never actually spend 400+ calories on that little bugger, but yeah. That's the only non-breakfast thing I'll eat there, along with a hot fudge sundae. Heh
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    I am getting my skin cancer cut out today. I had no idea no running, riding, swimming, or anything but walking or the stationary bike after 2 days for TWO weeks. I am not happy.

Not to mention the sound of the snipping of my flesh is making me a bit nauseous.
    Eeeks. I hope all goes well. Safe recovery. Ouch!!!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    fun lil bit of info for those who may care:

mr jaye and i have decided to make the relationship "official"
    we've both shut down our dating profiles and are now exclusive.
    he's met my bff, i've met his, it's been pretty awesome!
    he's kinda amazing and it boggles my mind why he'd be crazy about me, but i'm totally running with it! :D

thanks to all the peeps that were supportive during my "post date updates" you guys gave me so much insight and encouragement, which was absolutely appreciated and greatly needed. <3
  • TigerNY128
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    OK, I shouldn't be here but had to do a quick check. Yay for so much good news in here! @bkhamill congrats on the new grandbaby, @crosbylee awesome cancer-free news, @orangesmartie so glad to hear you all WANT to work it out, and have fun in the UK @LBuehrle8!

I'm out for the next week (leave for conference tomorrow) and have no chance of keeping up here, but I'll try to pop into the bat cave. @MoHousdon and @jthurman3 I want to hear about your SL 5x5 workouts this week!

Dang it! I forgot I told you I was starting that this week. :o Guess I need to start that this week. We (Mr. Mo and I) were supposed to start this morning, but I had to take Rachael to her school to change her classes. Long irritating story.

I'm going to watch the second video at lunch today so I can learn workout B. Maybe Mr. Mo will want to go tonight after dinner. Doubtful, but maybe.
    OK, I shouldn't be here but had to do a quick check. Yay for so much good news in here! @bkhamill congrats on the new grandbaby, @crosbylee awesome cancer-free news, @orangesmartie so glad to hear you all WANT to work it out, and have fun in the UK @LBuehrle8!

I'm out for the next week (leave for conference tomorrow) and have no chance of keeping up here, but I'll try to pop into the bat cave. @MoHousdon and @jthurman3 I want to hear about your SL 5x5 workouts this week!

Dang it! I forgot I told you I was starting that this week. :o Guess I need to start that this week. We (Mr. Mo and I) were supposed to start this morning, but I had to take Rachael to her school to change her classes. Long irritating story.

I'm going to watch the second video at lunch today so I can learn workout B. Maybe Mr. Mo will want to go tonight after dinner. Doubtful, but maybe.

@WestCoastJo82 & @MoHousdon - We didn't do the workout yesterday, mostly because my knees were killing me from walking so many floors of stairs on my breaks last week (at least 20 floors a day Mon-Fri). It turns out my knees didn't love that. I want to make sure that I start the SL program with knees feeling good because the squats are what make me most uncertain with my sketchy knees.

I think we will delay the start to next Monday and I'm laying off the stairs this whole week so that I can start off the best way. I'm still really excited about the program and want to give it my all! My knees feel a bit better today and I think they will be 100% by the end of the week. I will definitely keep you posted! :smiley:

I may hold off and start next week too. I still need to get me some Chucks and make sure I watch the tutorials as to not injure myself. I am excited about starting too, but not that excited about having to get up at least an hour earlier 3 times a week since Mr. Mo wants to workout before work.

9og6n6f7k9oi.jpg

@MoHousdon I just got the greatest shoes...New Balance Minamalist...they are different than any shoe I've ever worn. They have a wide toe area, which is good for lifting weights (they're weight training shoes). I can definitely tell a difference in my squats and deadlifts.

Picture?

Umm...I don't know how to add a picture!! (Someone help me with this, please...!) Here is the link...I ordered them from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KJCJL5E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
  • TigerNY128
    Options
    I got the red and gray ones...but they are actually gray and pink, kind of. I love them! They are so light...weigh almost nothing.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »

he's kinda amazing and it boggles my mind why he'd be crazy about me, but i'm totally running with it! :D

thanks to all the peeps that were supportive during my "post date updates" you guys gave me so much insight and encouragement, which was absolutely appreciated and greatly needed. <3

YAYY!! :smiley:
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

:#:#:#
  • KylerJaye
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »

Oh no! Hope everything goes ok. Can I ask where it is?

My shoulder. Basically upper bicep. It's been there for a while. I am not good at doing this kind of stuff. Finally decided to deal with it. Not good in that I neglect going to the doctor, not that it bothers me. I am pretty ok with most things just find these kinds of things annoying to take time out of my day. This is ridiculous. I have been here for 4 hours now. They snip then test then snip some more. I have been in 3 times now for snipping. Hoping 3rd time was a charm.
    Well that's a drag. Will be worthwhile though - you don't want to mess around when it comes to that kind of thing. I guess they're making sure they get the margins. Hope you've got a good book. I suggest Harry Potter. ;)

Hahahahaha.... I second the suggestion! I'm glad you're getting it taken care of, though, @pofoster21 ! No WALKING for 2 days? Really? I just don't understand that. Huh. Maybe just don't flail your arms like a windmill when you're walking and you'll be ok.

i was thinking the same thing!
    good luck @pofoster21 !!!
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Oh, that's so lovely to hear! I hope things continue to go well for you two.
    If it helps, I'd been dating my husband for 3 weeks when I thought "I could marry this one". We've been married 21 years and still like each other.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    So, to add to the "better directions" saga:
    I got a call today from the college about, of course, the deadline for registration, but also got a voicemail about needing to speak regarding my "academic progress". I didn't pass two of my classes back in the spring, so I became ineligible for financial aid for the fall, or so I thought. Apparently, I got an email awhile back about submitting an "academic plan" for the fall semester, which would reinstate my aid for this fall. Needless to say, I called the financial aid office, and submitted the form online. They told me it would take at least 24 hours for them to review it and decide, so I'm crossing my fingers that they do reinstate it. I've always wanted to get a degree, even if I did nothing with it in my life, just to have it. Luckily, since I'm working in the tax field, an accounting degree may come in handy at some point. :wink:

Oh, and if anyone was wondering, my doctor's appointment is at 3:30 tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I can get some help with my own issues, so I can better focus on school and work and Raelynn.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

Yay!!!!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options

YES! This is the cutest. I wish both of you the best of luck!

• KylerJaye
    Options

Oh, that's so lovely to hear! I hope things continue to go well for you two.
    If it helps, I'd been dating my husband for 3 weeks when I thought "I could marry this one". We've been married 21 years and still like each other.

that's so precious!!!
    secretly (and like totally on the dl) i've had that thought...a few times.
    i've also overheard him say the same thing to his bff.
    and yes, i'm a giddy fool ;)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

I was waiting on pins and needles for an update and this is the best possible one! Congratulations to you, and Mr. Jaye!

I literally said, "YAY" out loud when I read this. :smiley: