Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    fun lil bit of info for those who may care:

mr jaye and i have decided to make the relationship "official"
    we've both shut down our dating profiles and are now exclusive.
    he's met my bff, i've met his, it's been pretty awesome!
    he's kinda amazing and it boggles my mind why he'd be crazy about me, but i'm totally running with it! :D

thanks to all the peeps that were supportive during my "post date updates" you guys gave me so much insight and encouragement, which was absolutely appreciated and greatly needed. <3

I was waiting on pins and needles for an update and this is the best possible one! Congratulations to you, and Mr. Jaye!

I literally said, "YAY" out loud when I read this. :smiley:

• KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    So, to add to the "better directions" saga:
    I got a call today from the college about, of course, the deadline for registration, but also got a voicemail about needing to speak regarding my "academic progress". I didn't pass two of my classes back in the spring, so I became ineligible for financial aid for the fall, or so I thought. Apparently, I got an email awhile back about submitting an "academic plan" for the fall semester, which would reinstate my aid for this fall. Needless to say, I called the financial aid office, and submitted the form online. They told me it would take at least 24 hours for them to review it and decide, so I'm crossing my fingers that they do reinstate it. I've always wanted to get a degree, even if I did nothing with it in my life, just to have it. Luckily, since I'm working in the tax field, an accounting degree may come in handy at some point. :wink:

Oh, and if anyone was wondering, my doctor's appointment is at 3:30 tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I can get some help with my own issues, so I can better focus on school and work and Raelynn.

that's good news! hopefully they're approve and you'll be good to keep on going!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    So, to add to the "better directions" saga:
    I got a call today from the college about, of course, the deadline for registration, but also got a voicemail about needing to speak regarding my "academic progress". I didn't pass two of my classes back in the spring, so I became ineligible for financial aid for the fall, or so I thought. Apparently, I got an email awhile back about submitting an "academic plan" for the fall semester, which would reinstate my aid for this fall. Needless to say, I called the financial aid office, and submitted the form online. They told me it would take at least 24 hours for them to review it and decide, so I'm crossing my fingers that they do reinstate it. I've always wanted to get a degree, even if I did nothing with it in my life, just to have it. Luckily, since I'm working in the tax field, an accounting degree may come in handy at some point. :wink:

Oh, and if anyone was wondering, my doctor's appointment is at 3:30 tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I can get some help with my own issues, so I can better focus on school and work and Raelynn.

that's good news! hopefully they're approve and you'll be good to keep on going!

Thanks, me too!! :smile:
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I got the red and gray ones...but they are actually gray and pink, kind of. I love them! They are so light...weigh almost nothing.

I like these!!!
    http://www.newbalance.com/women/shoes/training-1/

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    LloydGK wrote: »
    Woke up on the floor with my head in the fridge a little while back. :# (I sleep eat - among other things)
    I'd eaten a 65g chocolate mousse and a Kitkat, apparently.

I don't even like chocolate.

Better than driving in your sleep, which my best friend does when under extreme stress. Her husband hides her keys after she goes to sleep and puts them back in her purse in the morning before he goes to work.

wow, that sounds so scary to me!
    i wonder if she's ever woken up in the car and was completely oblivious to how she got there?
    i'd have a massive panic attack :(

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

he's kinda amazing and it boggles my mind why he'd be crazy about me, but i'm totally running with it! :D

thanks to all the peeps that were supportive during my "post date updates" you guys gave me so much insight and encouragement, which was absolutely appreciated and greatly needed. <3

WOOOO YAYY!!!! Love it! <3 maybe soon we can see some pictures of Mr. Jaye!?

Because you're super great!!! DUH! (ETA)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @kylerjaye The first time she knew she did it was when we were in college and managed to snag a space right in front of the dorm door after a grocery run. Her car was several rows away when I left for my 8am class the next day and she swore she hadn't moved it when I asked her why she gave up the great space.

Her husband started taking her keys when she called me panicked from an intersection between her house and her job at 4am. I don't know why she didn't call him, but I told her to go him and called him and told him to call me when she got home. It took about 20 minutes.
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

Yay! Best of luck to you both! Keep believing that you deserve happiness & good treatment! I'm so very glad it is working out - we are all cheering for you to be super happy!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I am getting my skin cancer cut out today. I had no idea no running, riding, swimming, or anything but walking or the stationary bike after 2 days for TWO weeks. I am not happy.

Not to mention the sound of the snipping of my flesh is making me a bit nauseous.

Yikes. Please take care of yourself!

Yes, please. Skin cancer is nothing to mess with.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @pofoster21 I'm happy you're taking care of yourself! We'll need you to keep us all motivated to get up and moving!! Take it easy and focus on being well <3
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options

I'm ridiculously happy for you!

And, for the record, it still boggles my mind that Mr. Hannah is crazy about me, YEARS later. Just go with it.
    jthurman3 wrote: »

@WestCoastJo82 & @MoHousdon - We didn't do the workout yesterday, mostly because my knees were killing me from walking so many floors of stairs on my breaks last week (at least 20 floors a day Mon-Fri). It turns out my knees didn't love that. I want to make sure that I start the SL program with knees feeling good because the squats are what make me most uncertain with my sketchy knees.

I think we will delay the start to next Monday and I'm laying off the stairs this whole week so that I can start off the best way. I'm still really excited about the program and want to give it my all! My knees feel a bit better today and I think they will be 100% by the end of the week. I will definitely keep you posted! :smiley:

I have one sketchy knee and surprisingly it has been completely fine with squats... this is a knee that will sometimes start locking up after two flights of stairs.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Yay to this:

And this:
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

Oh, that's so lovely to hear! I hope things continue to go well for you two.
    If it helps, I'd been dating my husband for 3 weeks when I thought "I could marry this one". We've been married 21 years and still like each other.

that's so precious!!!
    secretly (and like totally on the dl) i've had that thought...a few times.
    i've also overheard him say the same thing to his bff.
    and yes, i'm a giddy fool ;)

ETA: I'm kind of sad that your post date updates are over though..
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I am just a little excited to take my daugher to her check up at the cancer center tomorrow. They have recently had end of treatment bells donated to them and she will get to ring it! After over two years of worry and watching, we ended treatment in June and she has been cancer free since then. She may never really realize how big a thing she has been through, but I know there are parts she will never forget.

This is awesome. And totally made me tear up too
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    @KylerJaye That's super great! <3

@raelynnsmama52512 My daughter is going through the same financial aid issue because she dropped a class too late. Good luck!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I am getting my skin cancer cut out today. I had no idea no running, riding, swimming, or anything but walking or the stationary bike after 2 days for TWO weeks. I am not happy.

Not to mention the sound of the snipping of my flesh is making me a bit nauseous.

*shudders at the sound of snipping flesh

I had no idea that you'd have such exercise restrictions after the procedure. Huh. I wonder why? Man, I feel like you might go crazy not being able to do all the things you're used to for 2 weeks! Ack!

Layman's explanation is that exercise increases the odds of infection by risking opening the wound and getting sweat and staph from your outer skin in it.
  • ShibaEars
    Options

*shudders at the sound of snipping flesh

I had no idea that you'd have such exercise restrictions after the procedure. Huh. I wonder why? Man, I feel like you might go crazy not being able to do all the things you're used to for 2 weeks! Ack!

Me either! They told me 'restricted' for the first few days. When I got here they said nothing. I am not even supposed to WALK for 2 days (I think this is silly I plan on walking ). I almost left but figured I would never make it back. So here I am. I am sooo not happy. I have IM WI in 6 weeks! And I am already under trained. I am going to be a mess. Not to mention not RIDING!

Hope it all goes well @pofoster21 ! And I hope you don't have to wait a full 2 weeks to get active again. I think not riding would be the hardest part lol
  • ShibaEars
    Options

Yay to all of this! I'm very happy for you & hope it continues to go well!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I am just a little excited to take my daugher to her check up at the cancer center tomorrow. They have recently had end of treatment bells donated to them and she will get to ring it! After over two years of worry and watching, we ended treatment in June and she has been cancer free since then. She may never really realize how big a thing she has been through, but I know there are parts she will never forget.

This is wonderful news!
  • ShibaEars
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm finally caught up on 550+ posts, but I read fast so I'm sure I missed something.

I got sick over the long weekend - woke up at 3am Saturday morning to throw up, spent the rest of the day sleeping and feverish. I'm just starting to feel normal today, and I'm really ticked I missed out on my long weekend. No shopping with my mom, no hiking with my dog, no going to watch my friend's husband's band play, no drinks on the patio. I demand a do-over. Can we make the next 3 days a weekend, please? :smiley:

My parents were over to help work on the patio Saturday (with just my brother & his girlfriend, since I was unable to help) and it was nice to have my mom there. Even though I'm 30 and haven't lived at home for 8+ years, she made me soup and took care of me while she was there. Maybe I should be a bit embarrassed but it was nice lol.

But my poor mom ended up with it Saturday night - not from me, we'd been at my aunt's house the same night, where I'm sure we picked it up from.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

I'm ridiculously happy for you!

And, for the record, it still boggles my mind that Mr. Hannah Mo is crazy about me, YEARS later. Just go with it.

@WestCoastJo82 & @MoHousdon - We didn't do the workout yesterday, mostly because my knees were killing me from walking so many floors of stairs on my breaks last week (at least 20 floors a day Mon-Fri). It turns out my knees didn't love that. I want to make sure that I start the SL program with knees feeling good because the squats are what make me most uncertain with my sketchy knees.

I think we will delay the start to next Monday and I'm laying off the stairs this whole week so that I can start off the best way. I'm still really excited about the program and want to give it my all! My knees feel a bit better today and I think they will be 100% by the end of the week. I will definitely keep you posted! :smiley:

I have one sketchy knee and surprisingly it has been completely fine with squats... this is a knee that will sometimes start locking up after two flights of stairs.

This!!!! Don't question it, just enjoy the ride. The ride is amazing.