Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Went to see sister. She was up and about and looking completely normal. I thought she'd have a patch or something, but even her bad eye looks ok. I made her sit down and she promised she wasn't going to do anything more than get up to the bathroom for the rest of the day. She still has to have 2 weeks of complete rest and 6 weeks off work, but doesn't have to do the head forward thing (because of having oil rather than gel bubble), so that makes it a lot easier to deal with. She will have to have another surgery down the line to remove the oil, but she already has a bit of vision back that she'd lost, so that's encouraging, although she said it's quite blurry. I guess time will tell, but right now it's looking more encouraging.

Thanks for your continued support. It means a lot. xxxxxx

(Also, fun fact: she had this surgery done with local anesthetics etc, and she said she wasn't freaked out about that as she had her recent plastic surgeries (arm lift & tummy tuck) done with twilight sleep/spinal blocks!! Major surgery! EEEEeeep! I had no idea they did that.

This is excellent news!!! (Not-fun fact: If your major surgery can be done without putting you so the way under, they don't put you all the way under. Most deaths in the OR are due to a problem with anesthesia, not to whatever took you there.)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Went to see sister. She was up and about and looking completely normal. I thought she'd have a patch or something, but even her bad eye looks ok. I made her sit down and she promised she wasn't going to do anything more than get up to the bathroom for the rest of the day. She still has to have 2 weeks of complete rest and 6 weeks off work, but doesn't have to do the head forward thing (because of having oil rather than gel bubble), so that makes it a lot easier to deal with. She will have to have another surgery down the line to remove the oil, but she already has a bit of vision back that she'd lost, so that's encouraging, although she said it's quite blurry. I guess time will tell, but right now it's looking more encouraging.

(Also, fun fact: she had this surgery done with local anesthetics etc, and she said she wasn't freaked out about that as she had her recent plastic surgeries (arm lift & tummy tuck) done with twilight sleep/spinal blocks!! Major surgery! EEEEeeep! I had no idea they did that.

This is excellent news!!! (Not-fun fact: If your major surgery can be done without putting you so the way under, they don't put you all the way under. Most deaths in the OR are due to a problem with anesthesia, not to whatever took you there.)
    Yes, I knew that. I didn't know they were able to conduct such big surgeries that way though. I guess they've been doing spinal block c-sections for many years, and this isn't really any different.

Just spoke to sister. She's doing well. Slept reasonably last night and is feeling ok. Things are looking good.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    So there is a pretty major wildfire near my house. Luckily we have the river between our house and the fire. A coworker, however, had to evacuate yesterday and may lose his home. I've been thinking of, and praying for, him all day. His name is Dave, if anyone wants to chip in.

You got it, Dave is on the list. Fire is my fear. My neighbors' house burned in 30 minutes when I was 10 and years later my friend Teresa died in a house fire because the landlord (also a candidate for *kitten* of the year) had painted the windows shut.
    That's awful. :(
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Charlie:).

Cue music:
    Happy birthday to you!
    Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday, dear Charlie!
    Happy birthday to you!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Yes, I knew that. I didn't know they were able to conduct such big surgeries that way though. I guess they've been doing spinal block c-sections for many years, and this isn't really any different.

Just spoke to sister. She's doing well. Slept reasonably last night and is feeling ok. Things are looking good.

Good news!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    So there is a pretty major wildfire near my house. Luckily we have the river between our house and the fire. A coworker, however, had to evacuate yesterday and may lose his home. I've been thinking of, and praying for, him all day. His name is Dave, if anyone wants to chip in.

You got it, Dave is on the list. Fire is my fear. My neighbors' house burned in 30 minutes when I was 10 and years later my friend Teresa died in a house fire because the landlord (also a candidate for *kitten* of the year) had painted the windows shut.

That is so horrible.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Confession: I judge on people who use the Smith machine. For those of you using it, ignore me. Any workout is better than no workout. But the squat rack will give you better "bang for your buck" than the Smith machine. You use more stabilizing muscles when squatting in the squat rack (read 'stronger core' here, and who doesn't want that?).

Well, Miss Judgy Pants, there is only 1 squat rack in my gym and it was being used last night. I actually prefer the rack over the machine anyway, because I DO feel like I'm doing more of the work, instead of the machine.

I will wait for the squat rack, and even ask the user when they are going to be done. Get out of my squat rack!!! :p

What do you do while you're waiting?

Sit and stare at them, to make them uncomfortable. LOL, JK!

I will do the other lifts in my program, if I don't think they're going to be long. If I get done with those and they are still in the squat rack, I then ask them how much longer they are going to be. They have ALWAYS left when I asked that so far.

Yeah, but you're a cop and quite intimidating. I mean, didn't a guy ask if you were a power lifter? No one would EVER ask that of me.

Also, doesn't he (the SL French(?) dude) say not to do the lifts out of order?

I think that's only because squats are a good all body warm up and you should do them every session so putting it first means you won't miss them.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I confess that I am SO OVER this back injury. Dude, just GET OUT OF HERE. *grumpgrumpgrump*

I hate that I can't post regularly anymore because my ability to use my laptop is limited and my tab stinks for typing. And I hate that we might not get to drive to Bahrain to watch Inside Out at the theater because I can't sit for 3+ hours. And I hate... everything. Just everything. :sweat:

*pitiful whine over*

@Susieq_1994's back you better cooperate so she can watch her movie! What's your favorite snack(s) to eat at the movies?

I always order the same thing--caramel-covered popcorn and a mixed (strawberry/lime, usually) slushie.

Funny but true: The very first time Mr. Susie and I went to the movie theater (as newlyweds, no less!), I accidentally dumped an entire bucket of popcorn all over him right in the middle of the movie. We spent at least the next 30 minutes trying not to burst out laughing out loud while trying to pick all the popcorn off of him in the dark... Good times. :p At least it wasn't the slushie, right?!

Confession: Mr. Susie and I walked to the 24 hour Tamimi market at 4.30 in the morning after no sleep at all (this is my excuse for encouraging bad choices :p) to buy ingredients to bake chewy speculoos spread cookies. My calorie intake is not pretty today.

... But those cookies were amazing.

LOL! Did he have any on this clothing after you left the theater?

Ooo those cookies sound amazing! I forget does he like sweets too?

Yes and yes. ;) It was caramel popcorn, so when we walked out he had random popcorn pieces stuck to his shirt here and there. :p And he loves good desserts, like I do--nothing mediocre. His favorite are chocolate chip cookies. :smiley:

That's hilarious @Susieq_1994

It would be even funnier if he found one & put it in his mouth :D.

Does he like to bake too? I am the same way now with sweets. I cannot stand cheap pastries or some of the generic cookies.

The Oreo Brownie Batter cookies are alright for what they're.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    Whew! Finally caught up on almost 300 posts...

@Tubbs216 hope your sister continues to recover well and her vision is intact

@quiksylver296 sending positive thoughts that the fire is controlled soon without any property loss

@Susieq_1994 sorry your back is still giving you grief, hope that eases up quickly

@KylerJaye nice to see that you're back out there in the dating game but what an asshat that guy was! OTOH, gotta give him credit for transparency and showing you he was a complete lecher from the outset.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    @pofoster21, your comment about the name Dave cracked me up! :) Too funny!

Well we have clearly identified that there are issues with (most) men named Dave, so....

In my family it was the name Timothy we had to avoid like the plague. Had a run of three of them. Two were awful and one not so bad.

My husband's name is Tim and he is a GREAT guy!! :)

But, my former room mate (before meeting my husband) was named Tim and let's just say he was an ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE human being. It's a very long story but our friendship/living together ended with a camera hidden in the bathroom, a gun, and a phone call to 911. Yup... :(

ETA: I can't believe I just shared that..

If it's any consolation, my marriage ended rather the same way, minus the hidden camera aspect. At least you didn't marry Roommate Tim.

And, for the record, my ex-husband was neither a Dave nor a Tim :p
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I confess that I am SO OVER this back injury. Dude, just GET OUT OF HERE. *grumpgrumpgrump*

I hate that I can't post regularly anymore because my ability to use my laptop is limited and my tab stinks for typing. And I hate that we might not get to drive to Bahrain to watch Inside Out at the theater because I can't sit for 3+ hours. And I hate... everything. Just everything. :sweat:

*pitiful whine over*

@Susieq_1994's back you better cooperate so she can watch her movie! What's your favorite snack(s) to eat at the movies?

I always order the same thing--caramel-covered popcorn and a mixed (strawberry/lime, usually) slushie.

Funny but true: The very first time Mr. Susie and I went to the movie theater (as newlyweds, no less!), I accidentally dumped an entire bucket of popcorn all over him right in the middle of the movie. We spent at least the next 30 minutes trying not to burst out laughing out loud while trying to pick all the popcorn off of him in the dark... Good times. :p At least it wasn't the slushie, right?!

Confession: Mr. Susie and I walked to the 24 hour Tamimi market at 4.30 in the morning after no sleep at all (this is my excuse for encouraging bad choices :p) to buy ingredients to bake chewy speculoos spread cookies. My calorie intake is not pretty today.

... But those cookies were amazing.

LOL! Did he have any on this clothing after you left the theater?

Ooo those cookies sound amazing! I forget does he like sweets too?

Yes and yes. ;) It was caramel popcorn, so when we walked out he had random popcorn pieces stuck to his shirt here and there. :p And he loves good desserts, like I do--nothing mediocre. His favorite are chocolate chip cookies. :smiley:

That's hilarious @Susieq_1994

It would be even funnier if he found one & put it in his mouth :D.

Does he like to bake too? I am the same way now with sweets. I cannot stand cheap pastries or some of the generic cookies.

The Oreo Brownie Batter cookies are alright for what they're.

Well, I was picking them off of him and sticking them in MY mouth, if that's any help.... :p

Nope, he's not a baker. Or a cook. The limit to his fantastic cooking abilities would be microwaving hotdogs for dinner. ;) But he's awesome anyway! :p
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    I can't stop thinking about bbq pork buns LOL I refuse to eat it because eating one turns to two, then three.... but i can't stop thinking about them!

I would pick up one to go, just so that I could stop thinking about it. If there is a good thing about celiac it's that I have learned that BBQ and burgers are perfectly good without a bun, which makes them easier to fit into my day.
    yes!
  • Oberon21
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Well we have clearly identified that there are issues with (most) men named Dave, so....

In my family it was the name Timothy we had to avoid like the plague. Had a run of three of them. Two were awful and one not so bad.

But, my former room mate (before meeting my husband) was named Tim and let's just say he was an ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE human being. It's a very long story but our friendship/living together ended with a camera hidden in the bathroom, a gun, and a phone call to 911. Yup... :(

If it's any consolation, my marriage ended rather the same way, minus the hidden camera aspect. At least you didn't marry Roommate Tim.

Is there another name we need to avoid? Must be multiple incidents to count. A single incident could be an anomoly.

ETA sorry that happened to you...
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

Is there another name we need to avoid? Must be multiple incidents to count. A single incident could be an anomoly.

David / Dave seem pretty well covered but if you care to keep track I can add another "avoid" to your list.

• Oberon21
    edited August 2015
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

David / Dave seem pretty well covered but if you care to keep track I can add another "avoid" to your list.

Well we have dave and Tim now...but it's important to be fully informed and knowledgeable.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Well, RaelynnsDaddy is getting some extra brownie points this weekend! First he took me shopping for a new computer, and then surprised me with a night out including dinner at Longhorn (one of my FAVORITE places) and more shopping! This guy, I think I'm gonna keep him. Hell, I've had him for nearly 5 years now, I don't guess he's going anywhere anytime soon haha!

But, my tummy hates me now. I stuffed myself on half (ish) of a 10oz New York strip steak, grilled corn on the cob, a loaded baked potato, and half of an ultimate brownie sundae. I had to force myself to eat, but it was worth it!

And.....

I bought a hoodie yesterday at the bookstore, and bought a medium because I wanted a gray and pink, not gray and lime green one, and the biggest size in the gray/pink was a medium. I figured I'd lose enough to be able to squeeze into it once it starts getting colder, but I tried it on this morning, and IT FIT PERFECTLY! There was quite a lot of happy dancing in the mirror, not only for that, but because that means I'm going to have to do some more shopping soon! ;)

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Well we have dave and Tim now...but it's important to be fully informed and knowledgeable.

I really do hate to add Tim to the list because, like I said, that is my husband's name too...and he most certainly is not a bad guy! :(

I guess I should stop talking about the ex-roommate because as I just typed that out, I remembered my dream from last night!! I was at a mall with friends and I looked over and saw him walking by. He was wearing a big sombrero, fake mustache, and outfit to match. I guess he worked at the Mexican restaurant in the mall and was out on his break. WTH? My brain is crazy!
    It definitely wasn't fun seeing him in my dream(nightmare?) ...but at least it wasn't too bad...other than just seeing his gross stupid face.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I really do hate to add Tim to the list because, like I said, that is my husband's name too...and he most certainly is not a bad guy! :(

I guess I should stop talking about the ex-roommate because as I just typed that out, I remembered my dream from last night!! I was at a mall with friends and I looked over and saw him walking by. He was wearing a big sombrero, fake mustache, and outfit to match. I guess he worked at the Mexican restaurant in the mall and was out on his break. WTH? My brain is crazy!
    It definitely wasn't fun seeing him in my dream(nightmare?) ...but at least it wasn't too bad...other than just seeing his gross stupid face.

Oh dear. Ok well in spirit of your Tim and so you don't think of him we'll stick to the original theme of Dave. Tim shall be he who should not be named in the 'males to potentially be avoided' category.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Well, RaelynnsDaddy is getting some extra brownie points this weekend! First he took me shopping for a new computer, and then surprised me with a night out including dinner at Longhorn (one of my FAVORITE places) and more shopping! This guy, I think I'm gonna keep him. Hell, I've had him for nearly 5 years now, I don't guess he's going anywhere anytime soon haha!

But, my tummy hates me now. I stuffed myself on half (ish) of a 10oz New York strip steak, grilled corn on the cob, a loaded baked potato, and half of an ultimate brownie sundae. I had to force myself to eat, but it was worth it!

And.....

I bought a hoodie yesterday at the bookstore, and bought a medium because I wanted a gray and pink, not gray and lime green one, and the biggest size in the gray/pink was a medium. I figured I'd lose enough to be able to squeeze into it once it starts getting colder, but I tried it on this morning, and IT FIT PERFECTLY! There was quite a lot of happy dancing in the mirror, not only for that, but because that means I'm going to have to do some more shopping soon! ;)

Congratulations! One of the best parts of losing weight is without a doubt shrinking clothing sizes.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ********************ETA: POSSIBLE TMI POST! BEWARE!*************************************************

My relief for tonight has called in sick. He's supposed to be here at 7am and he called in at 4am.

Apparently, he's claimed he got a bacterial infection from me.

Most of the day shift knows I have been taking an antibiotic for a bacterial infection but no one knows exactly what for. I only told them because the medication makes me nauseous, sometimes dizzy, etc and everyone was informed that the infection is NOT contagious. No one knows what the antibiotic is for except for the one other night shift person and of course SSP. The on staff nurse, Kim, also knows, but she saw me for my dizziness at work and answered my questions/concerns regarding side effects.

So, someone gets to tell "Mr. I-got-sick-from-PSO-968" that he somehow got Bacterial Vaginosis! :lol:

Bacterial Vaginosis:
    An inflammation of the vagina due to bacterial overgrowth.

HAHAHAHAHA! :lol: