Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    So I feel like the drowning the peanut butter woman...someone had mini cupcakes at the barn and left them. I ate 2 and dumped the package in the trash...open so all the muffins fell into the trash can. :)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    So I feel like the drowning the peanut butter woman...someone had mini cupcakes at the barn and left them. I ate 2 and dumped the package in the trash...open so all the muffins fell into the trash can. :)

Well, you gotta do what you gotta do, right? ;)
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I appear to be living on cake batter and biscuit dough this weekend :(

I have made: 48 cupcakes; a train cake with 5 carriages, 50 safari animal biscuits, endless jelly lego bricks and lego robots and jelly dinosaurs.

I am exhausted (and a little sick). As well as entertaining an (almost) three year old for three days. And boy can he outrun me!

However, on the positive side, after dropping Charlie home tonight, i drove to 3 different supermarkets looking for junk to cram in my face (sour cream to make ranch; big packs of crisps; pizza). i picked stuff up and put stuff down and ultimately did not buy anything, in any shop. I found that i really didn't want any of it, none of it appealed. So i put it down and walked away. (I was actually in the supermarkets for a baking product, which i couldn't find in any of them - but my plan to was buy the junk in any of the shops i got the product in). So, despite all the cake batter i may have had, i'm still calling it a win.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I am going to runny 5k called the Rucksack Rush on October 10. It benefits families of deployed military, including a Christmas party for the kids. There's an option to run it carrying a 30lb Rucksack -- I may try it, I can hike 15 with that much. @pofoster - I blame you for running all over, every chance you get and making it sound fun.

I think thats brilliant. Well done. Believe me, families of the deployed, and Veterans, really need and appreciate the support.

As I always say on armistice day: There is no such thing as an uninjured soldier.

• kelly_c_77
    Options

I have made: 48 cupcakes; a train cake with 5 carriages, 50 safari animal biscuits, endless jelly lego bricks and lego robots and jelly dinosaurs.

I am exhausted (and a little sick). As well as entertaining an (almost) three year old for three days. And boy can he outrun me!

However, on the positive side, after dropping Charlie home tonight, i drove to 3 different supermarkets looking for junk to cram in my face (sour cream to make ranch; big packs of crisps; pizza). i picked stuff up and put stuff down and ultimately did not buy anything, in any shop. I found that i really didn't want any of it, none of it appealed. So i put it down and walked away. (I was actually in the supermarkets for a baking product, which i couldn't find in any of them - but my plan to was buy the junk in any of the shops i got the product in). So, despite all the cake batter i may have had, i'm still calling it a win.

That is an awesome NSV! I am always so proud when I can do that!!
    Happy Almost Birthday to Charlie!!!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Agreed. At least they fell in the garbage can opened so you won't be tempted to eat more :D.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

That is an awesome NSV! I am always so proud when I can do that!!
    Happy Almost Birthday to Charlie!!!!

@orangesmartie agreed with everything Kelly put here.

*edited to add*

It's always an accomplishment for me when I don't buy any ice cream or snacky foods when I am at the store. I took the rest of the Brownie Batter Oreos to work & put them on the table for a morning meeting & then left them for other coworkers to enjoy.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    ********************ETA: POSSIBLE TMI POST! BEWARE!*************************************************

My relief for tonight has called in sick. He's supposed to be here at 7am and he called in at 4am.

Apparently, he's claimed he got a bacterial infection from me.

Most of the day shift knows I have been taking an antibiotic for a bacterial infection but no one knows exactly what for. I only told them because the medication makes me nauseous, sometimes dizzy, etc and everyone was informed that the infection is NOT contagious. No one knows what the antibiotic is for except for the one other night shift person and of course SSP. The on staff nurse, Kim, also knows, but she saw me for my dizziness at work and answered my questions/concerns regarding side effects.

So, someone gets to tell "Mr. I-got-sick-from-PSO-968" that he somehow got Bacterial Vaginosis! :lol:

Bacterial Vaginosis:
    An inflammation of the vagina due to bacterial overgrowth.

HAHAHAHAHA! :lol:
    This made me laugh so much. I hope you and the "sick" coworker get better soon. Has any one told him anything yet?
    I am going to runny 5k called the Rucksack Rush on October 10. It benefits families of deployed military, including a Christmas party for the kids. There's an option to run it carrying a 30lb Rucksack -- I may try it, I can hike 15 with that much. @pofoster - I blame you for running all over, every chance you get and making it sound fun.
    Oh god, everyone and their 5ks. It sounds like a lot of fun! Do you know if you're going to go for the 30lb Runsack :wink:
    Well, RaelynnsDaddy is getting some extra brownie points this weekend! First he took me shopping for a new computer, and then surprised me with a night out including dinner at Longhorn (one of my FAVORITE places) and more shopping! This guy, I think I'm gonna keep him. Hell, I've had him for nearly 5 years now, I don't guess he's going anywhere anytime soon haha!

But, my tummy hates me now. I stuffed myself on half (ish) of a 10oz New York strip steak, grilled corn on the cob, a loaded baked potato, and half of an ultimate brownie sundae. I had to force myself to eat, but it was worth it!

And.....

I bought a hoodie yesterday at the bookstore, and bought a medium because I wanted a gray and pink, not gray and lime green one, and the biggest size in the gray/pink was a medium. I figured I'd lose enough to be able to squeeze into it once it starts getting colder, but I tried it on this morning, and IT FIT PERFECTLY! There was quite a lot of happy dancing in the mirror, not only for that, but because that means I'm going to have to do some more shopping soon! ;)
    A NSV, a new reason to buy clothes, getting closer to buying a new computer, and a surprise dinner with good food? Sounds like you had a really great weekend!

Have fun in Boston @nonoelmo !

And you've had a pretty busy weekend @orangesmartie ! I hope Charlie's birthday goes well and I agree with the sentiments shared by both Kellys

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    ********************ETA: POSSIBLE TMI POST! BEWARE!*************************************************

My relief for tonight has called in sick. He's supposed to be here at 7am and he called in at 4am.

Apparently, he's claimed he got a bacterial infection from me.

Most of the day shift knows I have been taking an antibiotic for a bacterial infection but no one knows exactly what for. I only told them because the medication makes me nauseous, sometimes dizzy, etc and everyone was informed that the infection is NOT contagious. No one knows what the antibiotic is for except for the one other night shift person and of course SSP. The on staff nurse, Kim, also knows, but she saw me for my dizziness at work and answered my questions/concerns regarding side effects.

So, someone gets to tell "Mr. I-got-sick-from-PSO-968" that he somehow got Bacterial Vaginosis! :lol:

Bacterial Vaginosis:
    An inflammation of the vagina due to bacterial overgrowth.

HAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

Wow LOL

That is too funny!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I confess I've been a bad auntie this weekend. Imstead of taking Charlie to the zoo or the farm or the park, outdoor places he can play, yesterday I took him to the soft play centre so he could run around, club and jump and slide, while I read my book and drank coffee. Today I've brought him to the leisure centre, so he can play in the play centre while I drink Starbucks and read my book. I'm telling myself he's having a brilliant time playing so assuage the guilt.

(I am watching him and checking on him, I'm not completely ignoring him!)

And we're going to have a nice lunch.

Nothing wrong with that at all!!

By the time you read this, it will be morning for you, so Happy Birthday Charlie!
  • Oberon21
    Options

Agreed. At least they fell in the garbage can opened so you won't be tempted to eat more :D.

Oh I deliberately dumped them in. I knew I would go back and dig them out otherwise!
  • Oberon21
    Options

I think thats brilliant. Well done. Believe me, families of the deployed, and Veterans, really need and appreciate the support.

As I always say on armistice day: There is no such thing as an uninjured soldier.

TRUTH
  • Oberon21
    Options

And ALL I could think of was that oft repeated original post. I figured I would haver one, they would be gross, and that would be it. Nope they were good. So they had to go in the trash!
  • Oberon21
    Options

That is definitely a win! As well as that intense baking you did. You MUST post pics of that train. And you are likely sleeping so happy birthday Charlie! It is Monday in England!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Well I don't run carrying 30 lbs so that is all on you. But good for you!

That will mostly be to prove my 15yo JrROTC son that I can and as fast as he can, if I do it. I plan to take my backpack to the gym and run on the treadmill with a 35lb plate next week before I commit.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I would so have had to do that before celiac.... you had to save yourself. Good job.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Good for you, walking away junk food free!!! (you had to taste the batter and dough - it's part of the process).
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Truer words were never spoken: right after my dad came back from Vietnam, I made the mistake of shaking his shoulder to wake him up. He came awake swinging and knocked me 15 feet across the room. That was my first experience with PTSD. I was 6 and learned a valuable lesson. Daddy loves me when he knows who I am. Anyone unidentified is an enemy. He was super sorry and bought me a Barbie House to make up for it. I was neither hurt nor mad, but I kept the house. He is 82 and still has nightmares.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Okay so Mr. Sick coworker had an interview on Friday for a different job, that and the fact that he gets Fridays and Saturdays off, of COURSE he called in for Sunday. My big question now is, will he call in on Monday(tomorrow) also because he is off on Tuesday for his taken holiday?

The LT has already called him on it along with Kim(our nurse) and they have informed him that I could not have gotten him sick. He professed that he has diarrhea and nausea as his symptoms and has been informed that if he got sick, it was not from me. So he is still out sick and everyone knows he's lying about it but that doesn't matter until the third day he calls in. Either way, we still have to cover his shift while he's out.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins Good luck on that run! And as the daughter of two veterans, thank you! Thank your father for his service for me.
    When I was married, my now ex, husband would have nightmares. He was in the Navy and spend a lot of time in Korean waters pulling out bodies of people who were murdered and mutilated as a lesson. The reason? Locals were fighting over crab fishing rights.

@orangesmartie Great job! Definitely a win for sure!

@pofoster21 You could have mailed those to me ya know... :wink:

ETA: I am looking forward to seeing Sgt. Sexy Pants on Tuesday. I am NOT looking forward to baking him banana cupcakes tomorrow....oh the temptation... :astonished:
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

Well I don't run carrying 30 lbs so that is all on you. But good for you!

That will mostly be to prove my 15yo JrROTC son that I can and as fast as he can, if I do it. I plan to take my backpack to the gym and run on the treadmill with a 35lb plate next week before I commit.

Holy cow...I can't imagine running on my treadmill with an extra 35lbs! That's pretty good right there! Good luck! :)