Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm 50% on board with the judgey cleaning posts. If you've got kids, I'm not going to put my judgey pants on because I don't have any and I don't know what it's like to have sticky three-foot-tall tornados running rampant, but otherwise...yeah, your messy house makes me viscerally uncomfortable and I probably think you're gross.

But then...I once got caught cleaning someone's bathroom at a party, so obviously I have a problem.

So...I confess that I'm kind of a psycho clean freak?
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    post-28973-Ron-Swanson-gif-why-is-everyon-GtAZ.gif
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Confession: I want BZAH10's shoulders. Well, I want a matched set of the one that shows in her avatar, lol.

However, in reality, it is unlikely that I have the self-discipline or the perseverance to do what it takes to accomplish that. Sigh.

You are what you think! Careful. I just got an awesome article from another site nerdfitness.com (don't get me for listing other sites, mods) that was talking about how you can do anything you want to do, but you've got to get your inner voice on board.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    post-28973-Ron-Swanson-gif-why-is-everyon-GtAZ.gif

I'm good at eating. It's what got me to MFP :p
  • mghuss
    mghuss Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Annanna91 wrote: »
    My friends and family assume that my body is muscley and defined from my healthy eating and working out, but that couldn't be further from the truth. I'm skinny fat and I've ruined my body from gaining too much weight after I left school. I have stretch marks all over my stomach and hips and it makes me feel so self conscious.

It saddens me to know that my 16/17yr old self ruined my body and has held me back from wearing things which I am now capable of, like bikinis and crop tops.

This is 100% my issue. I gained a TON of weight in college, and then lost it all in the two years following. I've struggled with my weight my whole life, but I really let myself go... Now I'm paying the consequences. 60 lb gone and in the "fitness" level for BMI and body fat, and I still can't wear a two-piece swimsuit. My stomach and thighs have a ton of loose skin left and they are ridden with stretch marks. :( Same with a lot of clothes... that stupid pooch really makes me mad. Especially workout clothes!

As for my confession - I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who goes crazy on some raw cookie/brownie/cake batter. I don't log it and I usually end up eating so much I make myself sick. I also never once along the way have logged a single calorie from alcohol.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Start complaining to your doctor about back pain. I was a 34G and after I lost my weight post pregnancy my insurance paid for a reduction. I'm 38, they're 21. Also, my mom started bleaching my hair when I was four. I've never actually seen my natural hair color. I'll be a platinum blonde until the day I die.

I'm a 32GG and I hate it. It's not due to my weight (5'2, 110lbs) I'm so uncomfortable and I've been thinking about going to the docs for a while now. I've done loads of research and the only thing bothering me is the scarring..

Would consider having kids in the future? If so, it might be worth it to wait for a procedure so you don't end up having one twice.

Yeah I definitely want children so that would be a big thing to consider.

This Cracked article is about a woman who had size JJ breasts as a teen and got a reduction. She talks about the surgery and how it affected her, including after having kids. I think it's worth a read! http://www.cracked.com/article_22054_5-nightmare-realities-having-absurdly-large-boobs.html
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Confession: I think most diet sodas are Gross - yes, capital G. I would much rather mostly exclude soda than ever drink Diet Pepsi or Coke.

FACT!!! I couldn't care less if diet soda has zero calories or whatever. It's not worth suffering through the taste. I'll take my full calorie DP or Cherry Coke ANY DAY!!!

I used to think this and was definitely all about the full fat coke but I forced myself to switch to diet and eventually started to enjoy it. Now I can't stomach the normal version as I can REALLY taste the sugar and I can feel it lingering in my mouth afterwards. Same with tea - had that with 2 sugars and gradually cut down to zero. Drinking a sugary cup of tea now is way too sweet. I used to drink my coffee with milk and after starting to drink it black if I ever have a milky coffee now it makes me feel sick. I think you can train your tastebuds.

You probably can train your taste buds or acquire a taste for gross things. I'd rather just have a regular soda every now and then though. I cut sugar out of other places. If I'm having a treat, it's going to be a real one!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Final Fantasy Type-0 HD comes out on Tuesday.

In an unrelated story, I might be coming down with something that might affect me monday evening into thursday or even as late as Friday. I'd hate to miss all that work though.

You do look a bit flushed...
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    The problem with being "just messy" is that you can't really see/properly clean what is underneath the mess. If your kids are old enough to shower alone, they are old enough to mop up after themselves...and probably fold laundry too. Once your children are beyond toddlerhood, there is really no excuse.

All of these things are relative of course. My friends think that I am a neat freak. My mother thinks that I am a slob because I don't wipe out my refrigerator with bleach once a week. :)

Thinking that being messy makes you interesting is like thinking that wearing un-matched socks makes you a rebel. Really, it is just sad.

*judging judging judging*

Really. Can you please find more ways to insult my unkempt house and how I'm raising my children? Pretty please?

Well, if the dirty shoe fits...
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    The problem with being "just messy" is that you can't really see/properly clean what is underneath the mess. If your kids are old enough to shower alone, they are old enough to mop up after themselves...and probably fold laundry too. Once your children are beyond toddlerhood, there is really no excuse.

All of these things are relative of course. My friends think that I am a neat freak. My mother thinks that I am a slob because I don't wipe out my refrigerator with bleach once a week. :)

Thinking that being messy makes you interesting is like thinking that wearing un-matched socks makes you a rebel. Really, it is just sad.

*judging judging judging*

Really. Can you please find more ways to insult my unkempt house and how I'm raising my children? Pretty please?

Well, if the dirty shoe fits...

enough with the dirty/clean judging... I think we all got your point.

• b_rook3
    b_rook3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: We've got friends over for lunch tomorrow ...it is a rule in my house that we always offer 3 puddings ...I've put them in my recipe builder and one of them is 870 calories a portion...I have no plans on eating it but it was yummy licking my fingers (I logged it)

Tell me more about this 3 puddings things. Traditions always intrigue me, especially ones I am not familiar with or know about. Will you elaborate?

I have been doing really good lately I am determined to make a real change this year. In a moment of weakness I bought some Raisinets. They are not even my favorite treat, but I wanted something sweet that was not fruit so I thought they might be the healthiest out of my options...but the fact that I thought about it and didn't make the right choice is so frustrating! I only at 1.5 servings at like 285 cals (yes I measured it) which is better than I would have done in the past I would have killed that bag and it was a share bag. Though that threw me over my allowance of cal by 164! So, when I took the dog for a walk I keep throwing the ball so we would have to go further and further away from the car so I could walk all the cals off...I did!! and happy that I did....but why is it so hard for me to make the correct choices!!!!! Any advise on this when it comes to sweetooths?
  • b_rook3
    b_rook3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hmmm clearly I dont know how to do the back at you thing where it highlights my question to another user lol.....help?
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Confession: I want BZAH10's shoulders. Well, I want a matched set of the one that shows in her avatar, lol.

However, in reality, it is unlikely that I have the self-discipline or the perseverance to do what it takes to accomplish that. Sigh.

Why, THANK YOU! I sincerely appreciate the compliment! The thing is, my shoulders are the easiest body part for me to sculpt, so I kind of (probably) over do it, just because I like seeing the results. Also, when I watch TV at night I sit on the floor and stretch and I keep 2 3 lb. dumbells next to me and do all kinds of shoulder exercises: arm circles (forward & backward), up & down presses, several others that I have no name for (sorry!) but I've found using the super light weight and high reps works really well.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Confession: I pay someone else to clean my house. (I found someone who charges very reasonably.) It was the best thing I ever did. When I come home from work to a clean house, with sparkling floors and no dirty dishes...nirvana!

I have seriously contemplated doing this. However, my mother was a housekeeper my whole life and I think she would be so pissed if I paid someone else to do what she could. I haven't hired my mother because she's nosey and snoops/rearranges my stuff.

Don't tell her! >:) It is honestly the best decision I ever made. I never thought we could afford it and felt guilty that I couldn't take care of things all on my own. But she comes in every two weeks and I always feel like this HUGE load has been lifted off my shoulders.

@quiksylver296‌ I have thought about that too. However, she just randomly shows up at my house (different can of worms) so it wouldn't be a secret for too long. I need to do something though because I get anxious and upset when I come home and the house is a wreck. But I'm like @Francl27‌ I'm not going to be the only person to clean or pick up and my dogs and cat are of no help whatsoever. ;)

• tulips_and_tea
    Options
    My co-workers (some of them) take advantage of the loose management style in my office and it pisses me off to no end! Showing up late, then working late to make up for it. Showing up late, then working through lunch to make up for it. Not showing up to work at all, which causes issues for other employees in the office (namely me & my front office partner). I WISH SOMEONE WOULD BRING THE HAMMER DOWN AND FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could take advantage if I wanted to, but I don't because I have a good work ethic, unlike some people I work with!

I'm a firm believer in karma and I'm sure this will pay off for you at some point! People DO notice that you don't participate in the other employee's half-assed attitudes and generally those people will make sure you are rewarded.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    b_rook3 wrote: »
    hmmm clearly I dont know how to do the back at you thing where it highlights my question to another user lol.....help?

Click the "Quote" button below the post.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    My co-workers (some of them) take advantage of the loose management style in my office and it pisses me off to no end! Showing up late, then working late to make up for it. Showing up late, then working through lunch to make up for it. Not showing up to work at all, which causes issues for other employees in the office (namely me & my front office partner). I WISH SOMEONE WOULD BRING THE HAMMER DOWN AND FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could take advantage if I wanted to, but I don't because I have a good work ethic, unlike some people I work with!

I'm a firm believer in karma and I'm sure this will pay off for you at some point! People DO notice that you don't participate in the other employee's half-assed attitudes and generally those people will make sure you are rewarded.

I can't really see the issue. If they're making back the time. My office is like that and we come in at times that best suit us (though I'm not there at the moment and there's strict and crazy long hours here :( ) but we're all adults and manage our time to make sure we hit our deadlines.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Confession: I think most diet sodas are Gross - yes, capital G. I would much rather mostly exclude soda than ever drink Diet Pepsi or Coke.

FACT!!! I couldn't care less if diet soda has zero calories or whatever. It's not worth suffering through the taste. I'll take my full calorie DP or Cherry Coke ANY DAY!!!

I used to think this and was definitely all about the full fat coke but I forced myself to switch to diet and eventually started to enjoy it. Now I can't stomach the normal version as I can REALLY taste the sugar and I can feel it lingering in my mouth afterwards. Same with tea - had that with 2 sugars and gradually cut down to zero. Drinking a sugary cup of tea now is way too sweet. I used to drink my coffee with milk and after starting to drink it black if I ever have a milky coffee now it makes me feel sick. I think you can train your tastebuds.

You probably can train your taste buds or acquire a taste for gross things. I'd rather just have a regular soda every now and then though. I cut sugar out of other places. If I'm having a treat, it's going to be a real one!

Preach it, Sister! I am not a huge sweets person, don't eat a lot of cookies, don't double down on cake or pie or ice cream or candy. I still have my chocolate bunny from last Easter that I need to eat before my husband does. But when I want an ice cold soda or tall glass of Southern sweet tea, you better believe that I am not about to skimp on the taste to save some stinkin' calories. Ain't gonna happen!

• tulips_and_tea
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

I can't really see the issue. If they're making back the time. My office is like that and we come in at times that best suit us (though I'm not there at the moment and there's strict and crazy long hours here :( ) but we're all adults and manage our time to make sure we hit our deadlines.

I'm sure it just varies depending on the industry and office dynamics. Yes, they may be making up the time, but if they are not coming in when they are supposed to eventually it wears down the morale of the office and erodes authority. But, management should see this and take care of it ASAP.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Confession: I pay someone else to clean my house. (I found someone who charges very reasonably.) It was the best thing I ever did. When I come home from work to a clean house, with sparkling floors and no dirty dishes...nirvana!

I have seriously contemplated doing this. However, my mother was a housekeeper my whole life and I think she would be so pissed if I paid someone else to do what she could. I haven't hired my mother because she's nosey and snoops/rearranges my stuff.

Something else to consider if you want to feel better about it. A relative of mine was killed in a car accident last year. The insurance barely covered the bills from the accident and the funeral. His wife had been a housewife for 20 years, had no real marketable skills, or the wardrobe to even try getting a job that paid better than fast food She's managed to keep her house and her bills paid by taking house cleaning jobs.
    blukitten wrote: »
    I really hate when people who do not understand PCOS or even know anything about it call me a "special snowflake" because my weight is tied to the amount of carbs I eat- even if I am not claiming anything about CICO- but that is an assumption they are making. There I said it- I feel better.

I'm at the point where I'd rather just let them think special snowflake than spend the 20 minutes explaining what I have (not PCOS). I think of it as an early warning system of who not to bother taking advice from.