Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    alastria wrote: »
    I taste my sweat during workout. If it's salty, I know i'm in trouble due to consumption of too much sodium.

I'm hardly ever disgusted, but lol, dang - that made me feel grossed out.

I thought sweat was always a bit salty. But I do eat a lot of crisps so maybe it's just me.

Just to clarify, I don't make a habit of licking sweaty people to know this.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I don't like tea and I am British so this is practically a requirement for citizenship. I also don't like coffee, most alcohol and most fizzy pop. I am one boring drinker.

I get quite excited when we have ice cubes!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Confession: When I picked my son up from his grandmother's house, he was eating frozen corn kernels. I let him finish the corn and secretly ate the little snack pack of animal crackers I had for him.

It's no secret now!
  • pithole
    pithole Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I've eaten from the trash. Several times and recently. Always my own trash though as if that would make it less gross/weird. When I get in my own head I convince myself I deserve to be eating out of the trash like an animal. It sucks. Oh well. Keep skinny everybody.
  • mlpettit
    mlpettit Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I wear spanx all the time. I never leave the house without something to keep my tummy held in. :(
    I do this, but with tights. I won't go out unless I'm wearing tights i.e. something is 'holding my belly in'.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    The problem with being "just messy" is that you can't really see/properly clean what is underneath the mess. If your kids are old enough to shower alone, they are old enough to mop up after themselves...and probably fold laundry too. Once your children are beyond toddlerhood, there is really no excuse.

All of these things are relative of course. My friends think that I am a neat freak. My mother thinks that I am a slob because I don't wipe out my refrigerator with bleach once a week. :)

Thinking that being messy makes you interesting is like thinking that wearing un-matched socks makes you a rebel. Really, it is just sad.

*judging judging judging*

My kids are 7 and still don't know how to shower alone! The problem is the mess in the sense of clutter though. And carpet in the dining room. Who the h*** puts carpet in the dining room? I'm still annoyed at my husband for refusing to get rid of it when we bought the house, because the kids would damage the new floors anyway... Sure. But now we have horrible disgusting carpet that's going to be a pain to get rid of because we have furniture on it...

And I don't think anyone here said that being messy makes us interesting (and I don't consider myself messy. I clean after myself. I just hate cleaning other people's crap). I think we said that we have other priorities than keeping a spotless house (especially if it's going to get trashed an hour later anyway, for me).
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    The problem with being "just messy" is that you can't really see/properly clean what is underneath the mess. If your kids are old enough to shower alone, they are old enough to mop up after themselves...and probably fold laundry too. Once your children are beyond toddlerhood, there is really no excuse.

All of these things are relative of course. My friends think that I am a neat freak. My mother thinks that I am a slob because I don't wipe out my refrigerator with bleach once a week. :)

Thinking that being messy makes you interesting is like thinking that wearing un-matched socks makes you a rebel. Really, it is just sad.

Thanks for your input.
  • Francl27
    Options
    So... I hate lifting. Seriously hate it. I pick up heavy weights, do one set, maybe a second one, then I'm all like '**** this ****.

And I'm pissed off at my husband. He said he wanted to lose weight a year ago... He lost 10 pounds relatively easy (with still probably 30 or 40 to go). But then Fall hit, and he pretty much stopped making any effort, blaming the weather for not being able to run anymore (we have a stationary bike, and he watched a bunch of TV... no excuse). I'm quite sure he's regained it all, and he keeps eating packages of cookies, ice cream, M&Ms, crackers, cheese.... He blames me for sabotaging him, when most of that stuff was bought for me, or the kids, and, you know, to be eaten in MODERATION. And when we go out, he gets the food with the most calories. And I judge. Hard.

And then he complains if I buy something that has too much salt because it's 'bad for this blood pressure'. Because I'm sure that being obese is good for his blood pressure too... and he has a lot of dense fat on his stomach, which is pretty much the worst.

He's older than me. I lost my dad at 55, and he's getting there. I don't want my kids to go through the same thing. And I'm not even worried, just pissed off that he's not taking care of himself.

• kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I made a cake for my friend's birthday and 'tested' the buttercream frosting, extensively. I didn't log it because I went to the gym that day, and of course I definitely burned enough calories to balance eating half a pack of butter. :\
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Final Fantasy Type-0 HD comes out on Tuesday.

In an unrelated story, I might be coming down with something that might affect me monday evening into thursday or even as late as Friday. I'd hate to miss all that work though.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I hate when people compare losing weight to gaining weight, as if it wasn't super easy to gain a pound in a day, as opposed to losing a pound in a day.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Confession: I went clothes shopping today, with no intention of buying anything, just to enjoy trying on smaller sizes. I'm down about 20lbs, but the only new clothes I've bought so far was a new pair of jeans. I can't quite justify anything else yet. I even tried on professional wear, when I've been a stay at home mom for two years.

It was a totally great confidence booster, and I'm planning on doing it again next week. It's so nice to not feel loathing in the dressing room!

I really like this idea!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Really. Can you please find more ways to insult my unkempt house and how I'm raising my children? Pretty please?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession: I pay someone else to clean my house. (I found someone who charges very reasonably.) It was the best thing I ever did. When I come home from work to a clean house, with sparkling floors and no dirty dishes...nirvana!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Final Fantasy Type-0 HD comes out on Tuesday.

In an unrelated story, I might be coming down with something that might affect me monday evening into thursday or even as late as Friday. I'd hate to miss all that work though.

Good luck with that! LOL
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Just had a minor surgical procedure. Used it as an excuse to buy two massive donuts and a hot chocolate.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    YalithKBK wrote: »
    Just had a minor surgical procedure. Used it as an excuse to buy two massive donuts and a hot chocolate.

Your body needs energy to heal.
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I ate 3 hot dogs yesterday and I don't regret it. I don't log accurately lately. I eat more than I log lol. I'm addicted to Kimchi.
  • motiv8rz
    motiv8rz Posts: 21
    Options
    I came here for the judging despite the (Absolutely No Judgement)...I knew that could never happen
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I hate when people compare losing weight to gaining weight, as if it wasn't super easy to gain a pound in a day, as opposed to losing a pound in a day.

OMG yes!!!