Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    saraherren wrote: »
    A guy that I met over July 4 weekend who is old enough to be my father is really interested in me and I have no idea what to do. :|:o
    Put firm boundaries. Tell him you gave it some thought and you are looking for different things. You are at too different places to work out.

I will revise to say - If YOU are very interested back then pursue it. Age is but a number and I have seen very different age couple work very well. However, if you are not interested make it known firmly and cleary and soon. There are lots of people with great experience/advise here so you can pick and choose what makes the most sense for your situation. Hugs.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Happy Saturday all. I hope @ShibaEars is able to relax this weekend and not stress too much over Freya. I hope the bat is not rabid! I love candy corn. I went to look for some at the store next to my job and none to be found, yet. I confess I am more excited about Blue Bell ice cream coming back than candy corn at the moment.

I planned to get in some miles this morning them maybe lift before we hit the road. I got one mile in when I tripped on some rebar stickingout of the road and fell on my face. One mile in. Well, I just sat there for a couple of minutes until the pain died down to a dull roar, then wiped the blood off my hands and went home. No lifting for me for a few days. My knees are hurting from the fall. I was in my Zone and then on my face. NOT a good start to the day.

Oh no!!! I hope it feels all better soon. Is is abrasions and bruising?

Pretty bad one on my right hand and elbow. I think I was trying to save my phone as I was carrying it due to no pockets on my shorts. Banged up my left knee and have a nice bump on my patella, hope it isn't cracked. Mostly just sore from catching myself on the asphalt.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday all. I hope @ShibaEars is able to relax this weekend and not stress too much over Freya. I hope the bat is not rabid! I love candy corn. I went to look for some at the store next to my job and none to be found, yet. I confess I am more excited about Blue Bell ice cream coming back than candy corn at the moment.

I planned to get in some miles this morning them maybe lift before we hit the road. I got one mile in when I tripped on some rebar stickingout of the road and fell on my face. One mile in. Well, I just sat there for a couple of minutes until the pain died down to a dull roar, then wiped the blood off my hands and went home. No lifting for me for a few days. My knees are hurting from the fall. I was in my Zone and then on my face. NOT a good start to the day.

Ouch! :/ Hope your injuries heal quickly!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Oh no!!! I hope it feels all better soon. Is is abrasions and bruising?

Pretty bad one on my right hand and elbow. I think I was trying to save my phone as I was carrying it due to no pockets on my shorts. Banged up my left knee and have a nice bump on my patella, hope it isn't cracked. Mostly just sore from catching myself on the asphalt.

This is terrible. I trip when I run ALL the time (it's actually a joke with me and my friend). I fell twice in one race. I broke so many Walkman and CD players in the days before ipods. Scraped knees, hands are the worst. Hope it heals quickly!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I have a wedding to go to this afternoon and need to get in the shower but instead I'm laying on my living room floor and looking through here. #procrastinator

Story of my life. It should be my middle name.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    @shibaears -I cannot get your dog off my mind. I hope Freya is okay. I confess ambivalence about the bat. I know they are important to the ecosystem, but I don't get emotionally attached to them like my dog.

I'm sure she will be. I'm sad the bat died just from being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but my dog is obviously the top priority.

Thank you @Glinda1971 I'm glad to hear that! I was reading about it last night because I really don't know much about it or what to look for, and it sounds awful! I have no doubt that's where the idea for zombies came from.

Thanks everyone else for your supportive words :smile:

My poor dog isn't having a great week. She got stung or bit by something on our walk this morning. :disappointed: She's thankfully not having an allergic reaction or anything. But she won't put her foot down

Awww poor baby. Give her lots of hugs for me!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Happy Saturday everyone! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

I squatted 105 last night! So excited!

AWESOME!! And hope the rest of your weekend is just as great!

See, now this is how this thread works.... I see @TigerNY128 post a terrific lift right before my own workout and think hmmm.... maybe it's time to bump up my deadlift weight again and I DID IT. Motivation.

I can get really, really fearful about increasing my lifts because a) I lift alone at home, without any supervision or potential help b) I'm (overly) cautious about injuring myself c) despite how far I've come, I still lack confidence that I can go higher. So I tend to keep plugging away at the same weight for long periods, which isn't entirely without merit, but not the best I can do.

Then I come on here and read about a perfectly ordinary person (as in, not a super-elite athlete) achieving great lifts and realize that, hey, maybe I can do it too.

You totally can! Just keep pushing yourself!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Happy Saturday everyone! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

I squatted 105 last night! So excited!

Congratulations!
  • ejb060793
    ejb060793 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I cried most of this morning. My husband jokingly said he thought I could probably stand to lose another 100 pounds.. just good natured teasing, nothing abnormal, and I cried... for hours.. over something as stupid as a joke... =/
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    I cried most of this morning. My husband jokingly said he thought I could probably stand to lose another 100 pounds.. just good natured teasing, nothing abnormal, and I cried... for hours.. over something as stupid as a joke... =/

I'm sorry that you're feeling bad; it definitely happens to the best of us on some days. <3 I'm sure your husband didn't intend anything by his joke. I know that some days, I'm so sensitive that a joke my husband makes all the time (no joke in particular, just any of his recurring silliness) will be taken as an insult and I'll get upset/start crying. Usually when I'm feeling like that, I tell him that I can't take that kind of joking today because I'm feeling depressed/sad/insecure and to please not say anything depreciating. He's always understanding. Hugs!
  • ejb060793
    ejb060793 Posts: 281 Member
    Options

I'm sorry that you're feeling bad; it definitely happens to the best of us on some days. <3 I'm sure your husband didn't intend anything by his joke. I know that some days, I'm so sensitive that a joke my husband makes all the time (no joke in particular, just any of his recurring silliness) will be taken as an insult and I'll get upset/start crying. Usually when I'm feeling like that, I tell him that I can't take that kind of joking today because I'm feeling depressed/sad/insecure and to please not say anything depreciating. He's always understanding. Hugs!

Yeah, I know he really didn't mean it as anything more than teasing, but today was just a sensitive day for me. I think I'm just a little over tired. Thanks for the kind words though <3
  • Susieq_1994
    edited August 2015
    Options
    This rant about Tollhouse cookies is brought to you by a grumpy and unfulfilled SusieQ.

So, today my calorie goal got busted. Which is not a good thing, but that's not what I'm whining about. Basically, I went out and walked to the grocery store at noon (interesting side note: I almost killed myself. 47 degrees celsius. NEVER. AGAIN. My EVERYTHING was burning. Oh my GOD, the heat.) because I decided that I really, really wanted cookies.

So, since I managed to maintain some aspect of my sanity in this cookie venture, I chose to buy one of those round yellow cylinder things of Tollhouse chocolate chip cookie dough, so I wouldn't have leftover ingredients to bake more--smart, right? NO. :angry:

When I got home, I was hot and tired, so I left the dough to chill for about 3 hours and then baked it according to directions. The result? PANCAKES. They were SO FLAT that they all ran into each other on the baking sheet (yes, I spaced them!) and turned into one large, flat cookie pancake. The texture was... weird. Not gooey or crispy or anything resembling a cookie--they just fell to pieces as we picked them up, and tasted NASTY. My husband went and washed out his mouth, and I had to just throw out the rest. Never buying that again.

Tollhouse has destroyed my cookie dreams. I hate you, Tollhouse. :angry: End of rant.

Note: This rant was mostly tongue-in-cheek, other than the cookie description. :D But I'm still grumpy about my destroyed cookie dreams and ruining my calories over something that nasty. Sigh.

ETA: One more thing. They had enough grease leaking from them to fry a blue whale. That is all.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that your cookies were not very satisfying...but if you threw them out, that's good right? I know you hate throwing things away/wasting...but if they were awesome and delicious, your calories would be ruined even more? Or maybe I'm just thinking about how I would have been...and by that I mean, eating the whole package/ruining major calories.

Sorry that you're having a sensitive day, @ejb060793. Hopefully you can get some extra sleep and feel better tomorrow!

Healing thoughts sent to @crosbylee!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    This rant about Tollhouse cookies is brought to you by a grumpy and unfulfilled SusieQ.

So, today my calorie goal got busted. Which is not a good thing, but that's not what I'm whining about. Basically, I went out and walked to the grocery store at noon (interesting side note: I almost killed myself. 47 degrees celsius. NEVER. AGAIN. My EVERYTHING was burning. Oh my GOD, the heat.) because I decided that I really, really wanted cookies.

So, since I managed to maintain some aspect of my sanity in this cookie venture, I chose to buy one of those round yellow cylinder things of Tollhouse chocolate chip cookie dough, so I wouldn't have leftover ingredients to bake more--smart, right? NO. :angry:

When I got home, I was hot and tired, so I left the dough to chill for about 3 hours and then baked it according to directions. The result? PANCAKES. They were SO FLAT that they all ran into each other on the baking sheet (yes, I spaced them!) and turned into one large, flat cookie pancake. The texture was... weird. Not gooey or crispy or anything resembling a cookie--they just fell to pieces as we picked them up, and tasted NASTY. My husband went and washed out his mouth, and I had to just throw out the rest. Never buying that again.

Tollhouse has destroyed my cookie dreams. I hate you, Tollhouse. :angry: End of rant.

Note: This rant was mostly tongue-in-cheek, other than the cookie description. :D But I'm still grumpy about my destroyed cookie dreams and ruining my calories over something that nasty. Sigh.

ETA: One more thing. They had enough grease leaking from them to fry a blue whale. That is all.

I hate tollhouse cookies! I mainly use pillsbury.

Do you have peanut butter, sugar, and eggs? Super easy cookie recipe here!
    -1 cup creamy peanut butter
    -1 cup sugar
    -1 large egg
    Heat oven to 375F (not sure what it is in Celsius), mix all three ingredients together, use a tablespoon and then roll into balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Flatten each ball and then use a fork to make crosshatch marks on top of each cookie. Bake for 10 minutes, let cool, and eat! :)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    For all the Chipotle lovers: How to get more for your money.
    http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-dd-chipotle-burrito-hack-20150821-story.html
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options

I have those days. I blame wonky menopause hormones. :p

My SO is the sweetest, kindest guy and pays me about 100 over-the-top compliments every day but if he says one teeny little negative thing, it gets lodged in my mind like a thorn. Yet it's my own poisonous thinking that chooses to focus on the single isolated negative rather than the overwhelming positive.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

I hate tollhouse cookies! I mainly use pillsbury.

Do you have peanut butter, sugar, and eggs? Super easy cookie recipe here!
    -1 cup creamy peanut butter
    -1 cup sugar
    -1 large egg
    Heat oven to 375F (not sure what it is in Celsius), mix all three ingredients together, use a tablespoon and then roll into balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Flatten each ball and then use a fork to make crosshatch marks on top of each cookie. Bake for 10 minutes, let cool, and eat! :)

I originally heard of this recipe from @kelly_c_77 and it was endorsed by @Italian_Buju and @Tubbs216 so strongly that I ended up making it. And then I made it again. And again. And again. It's all their fault, obviously. But I no longer keep sugar in the house.

I actually don't make it like the original, which I wasn't a huge fan of. I use powdered sugar (same amount as one cup of granulated sugar by weight, 200g, although one cup of powdered is actually only 130g), add half a tsp of baking soda and a pinch of flour and roll it out nice and flat. I cut it into small rectangles, and bake it into crunchy peanut butter biscuits. Think nutter butters without the cream filling. They're really good, and you can make a huge amount of them with a small amount of dough. (And they're not very high in calories!) :)
  • Susieq_1994
    edited August 2015
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear that your cookies were not very satisfying...but if you threw them out, that's good right? I know you hate throwing things away/wasting...but if they were awesome and delicious, your calories would be ruined even more? Or maybe I'm just thinking about how I would have been...and by that I mean, eating the whole package/ruining major calories.

Sorry that you're having a sensitive day, @ejb060793. Hopefully you can get some extra sleep and feel better tomorrow!

Healing thoughts sent to @crosbylee!

:/ Not such good news, because I tried really, really hard to eat them all before giving up (I wanted to puke, they were REALLY AWFUL.) and tossing what was left of them. So, my calories are really, really blown, and on something that tasted terrible.

Editing to say: If they WERE really awesome, I'd do exactly that. Scarf the lot. ;) But at least I would have fulfilled my craving!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

HUGS!!!
    Some men just are knuckleheads when it comes to understanding a woman's sensitive points. That said, if it is an any way abusive please don't put up with it.

MANY MANY HUGS to you!!!

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I almost cried yesterday (for real) when my Fitbit died midday! I want every step to count!!!

I refuse to mivre when that happens, and when its on charge

I try to charge it while sleeping
    . Mine died and still tracked for 2 days all my steps and synced it just didn't show on the display. Until I charged it. I was amazed.

I wont do this cuz I wanna see how I slept, it's my favorite part, lol.