Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Update on my bat story: This is all way more serious than I thought it was going to be! I thought I could hand the bat over to a vet for care, get my dog a rabies shot and we could all carry on with our lives. But no. After health services phoned me yesterday I realized it was more serious. I took my dog to the vet yesterday and the vet told me that the bat will be tested for rabies, and if it's negative then everything is cool. BUT if it's positive, (if my understanding is correct) the province steps in and Freya goes into a 10 day quarantine. And I believe they ultimately get to decide her fate :scream: I'm going to be contacted by one or two people, probably on Monday because of all of this. I'm trying to keep a positive outlook that this little bat will be rabies free, but I'm a little worried.

In good news though, the little bat was moved to a wildlife rehabilitation center in the city and should make a full recovery :smile:

Rabies cases in Alberta are extremely rare, although there was one in Medicine Hat this week. ( and they have less than one per year on average)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that the bat was healthy.

Edited because I saw the later posts.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

I squatted 105 last night! So excited!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

Nice!!!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

That is super great!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    saraherren wrote: »
    A guy that I met over July 4 weekend who is old enough to be my father is really interested in me and I have no idea what to do. :|:o

*EDIT* I happened to "go all the way" with a neighbor in my apartment complex about a month ago and now I deeply regret it :( I've only known him for just over 2 months. We talked for 3 or so days after the fact, but haven't since my dog passed away on August 1. I've seen him once since when I walked by his apartment while I was walking back to mine after getting my mail, and all we did was wave to each other.

Neighbor guy: what's done is done. Move on...

Older guy: I guess the question is are you interested as well? I would think it wouldn't work out, but stranger things have happened.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Awesome!!! I must get back to the gym... long week and no time
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    sst036 wrote: »
    I think I'm developing an allergy to either sushi or Coke (well, cinnamon) and I can't decide which of the two I'd be more upset about. Sushi would be easy to eliminate because it's either the avocado or the seafood (in which case, no more thai!), but it's so delicious. Cinnamon would be upsetting because it's in so many delicious foods like Masala and Nana's apple sponge.

I do prefer being able to breathe so I'm going to see my allergist on Wednesday for skin tests.

Good luck figuring it out. I am allergic to lots of foods. You have my sympathy.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @shibaears -I cannot get your dog off my mind. I hope Freya is okay. I confess ambivalence about the bat. I know they are important to the ecosystem, but I don't get emotionally attached to them like my dog.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I don't know what candy corn is.

I am waiting for my new dumb bells to be delivered so i can commence awesome arm workouts

You don't know what candy corn is???? How is that possible? Well it is a Halloween staple in the US. I have no idea how common it is in other parts of the world. I can't think of how to describe it except it's basically pure sugar in like a pyramid shape and it's 3 stacked colors orange, yellow and brown. Hence the eating them in sections by color.

We don't have it in the UK...i think. I've never seen it or heard or it and my grandparents used to own a sweet shop.

Candy_corn_strewn_on_a_black_background.jpg

Candy corn. They're small, probably less than an inch high. Dominant flavour is pure sugar, no resemblance to corn whatsoever.

This is the coloring I remember. The brown reference was very confusing. :D

The brown ones are "Indian" corn. They also come in approximately 65 different color combinations and flavors now though. Some fall-inspired (caramel apple), and some just weird (cotton candy).

Are they hard? I'm quite intrigued, should've tried them when I was in America.

No. They are soft like frosting.

They are not soft like frosting! They are very solid. They are just not hard. Frosting would be gushy and mushy and you couldn't bite the little sections of color. Did you try them after leaving them in the oven for an hour or something????

I are the ones my daughter made last, and they had been in the fridge, but I have always thought they tasted and felt like frosting flowers . Not spreadable like icing. (the two words don't mean the same thing to me.)

ETA: Ate not are. Fat fingers, small keyboard...also, icing is usually butter cream at my house. The candy corn has a thicker texture than that when it goes in the mold, just like my daughter's decorators frosting that goes in a piping bag and holds its shape on a cake. I can take her flowers apart and eat them a petal at a time.

I was trying to think of a way to describe the texture and the best I could come up with was like a dense, dryish fudge... like some sort of packaged store-bought variety.

For the Brits who have eaten Scottish tablet, rather similar consistency.

I love tablet. Now I do actually want to try candy corn. And might need to get some tablet!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options

AWESOME!! And hope the rest of your weekend is just as great!

See, now this is how this thread works.... I see @TigerNY128 post a terrific lift right before my own workout and think hmmm.... maybe it's time to bump up my deadlift weight again and I DID IT. Motivation.

I can get really, really fearful about increasing my lifts because a) I lift alone at home, without any supervision or potential help b) I'm (overly) cautious about injuring myself c) despite how far I've come, I still lack confidence that I can go higher. So I tend to keep plugging away at the same weight for long periods, which isn't entirely without merit, but not the best I can do.

Then I come on here and read about a perfectly ordinary person (as in, not a super-elite athlete) achieving great lifts and realize that, hey, maybe I can do it too.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday all. I hope @ShibaEars is able to relax this weekend and not stress too much over Freya. I hope the bat is not rabid! I love candy corn. I went to look for some at the store next to my job and none to be found, yet. I confess I am more excited about Blue Bell ice cream coming back than candy corn at the moment.

I planned to get in some miles this morning them maybe lift before we hit the road. I got one mile in when I tripped on some rebar stickingout of the road and fell on my face. One mile in. Well, I just sat there for a couple of minutes until the pain died down to a dull roar, then wiped the blood off my hands and went home. No lifting for me for a few days. My knees are hurting from the fall. I was in my Zone and then on my face. NOT a good start to the day.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

@ythannah You got this! You can do it!

Love the motivation on this thread. Heading to the gym now for triceps and biceps day!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    @shibaears -I cannot get your dog off my mind. I hope Freya is okay. I confess ambivalence about the bat. I know they are important to the ecosystem, but I don't get emotionally attached to them like my dog.

I'm sure she will be. I'm sad the bat died just from being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but my dog is obviously the top priority.

Thank you @Glinda1971 I'm glad to hear that! I was reading about it last night because I really don't know much about it or what to look for, and it sounds awful! I have no doubt that's where the idea for zombies came from.

Thanks everyone else for your supportive words :smile:

My poor dog isn't having a great week. She got stung or bit by something on our walk this morning. :disappointed: She's thankfully not having an allergic reaction or anything. But she won't put her foot down
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Aww poor Freya! It makes me so sad when dogs hurt their paws :( I hope she feels better soon xo
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    @ythannah You got this! You can do it!

Love the motivation on this thread. Heading to the gym now for triceps and biceps day!

That's my plan once charlie is in bed!
  • ShibaEars
    Options

AWESOME!! And hope the rest of your weekend is just as great!

See, now this is how this thread works.... I see @TigerNY128 post a terrific lift right before my own workout and think hmmm.... maybe it's time to bump up my deadlift weight again and I DID IT. Motivation.

I can get really, really fearful about increasing my lifts because a) I lift alone at home, without any supervision or potential help b) I'm (overly) cautious about injuring myself c) despite how far I've come, I still lack confidence that I can go higher. So I tend to keep plugging away at the same weight for long periods, which isn't entirely without merit, but not the best I can do.

Then I come on here and read about a perfectly ordinary person (as in, not a super-elite athlete) achieving great lifts and realize that, hey, maybe I can do it too.

Yes you can! Awesome job on the deadlift!

• nonoelmo
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Happy Saturday all. I hope @ShibaEars is able to relax this weekend and not stress too much over Freya. I hope the bat is not rabid! I love candy corn. I went to look for some at the store next to my job and none to be found, yet. I confess I am more excited about Blue Bell ice cream coming back than candy corn at the moment.

I planned to get in some miles this morning them maybe lift before we hit the road. I got one mile in when I tripped on some rebar stickingout of the road and fell on my face. One mile in. Well, I just sat there for a couple of minutes until the pain died down to a dull roar, then wiped the blood off my hands and went home. No lifting for me for a few days. My knees are hurting from the fall. I was in my Zone and then on my face. NOT a good start to the day.

Oh no!!! I hope it feels all better soon. Is is abrasions and bruising?
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I have a wedding to go to this afternoon and need to get in the shower but instead I'm laying on my living room floor and looking through here. #procrastinator
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Aww poor Freya! It makes me so sad when dogs hurt their paws :( I hope she feels better soon xo

This. Lots of pats to Freya.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »

Oh no!!! I hope it feels all better soon. Is is abrasions and bruising?

Ouch! I hope you feel better soon too @crosbylee!