Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Update on my bat story: This is all way more serious than I thought it was going to be! I thought I could hand the bat over to a vet for care, get my dog a rabies shot and we could all carry on with our lives. But no. After health services phoned me yesterday I realized it was more serious. I took my dog to the vet yesterday and the vet told me that the bat will be tested for rabies, and if it's negative then everything is cool. BUT if it's positive, (if my understanding is correct) the province steps in and Freya goes into a 10 day quarantine. And I believe they ultimately get to decide her fate :scream: I'm going to be contacted by one or two people, probably on Monday because of all of this. I'm trying to keep a positive outlook that this little bat will be rabies free, but I'm a little worried.

In good news though, the little bat was moved to a wildlife rehabilitation center in the city and should make a full recovery :smile:

Aww will definitely keep Freya & you in my prayers.

Glad to hear the bat is doing better.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    You guys were busy today! I had to use up a personal day from work (expires on Tuesday) so I got to stay home and do a deep clean of my house instead of staring at a screen all day, but I missed some funny stuff! Especially from @spamarie, lol.

I'll be thinking good thoughts for Freya, @ShibaEars. But I think everything will be fine! Rabies is terrible and if the bat had it I think you would have known there was something very wrong and not been able to pick him up and all that because sick animals often act totally crazy and vicious.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Oh @ShibaEars I hope Freya is alright! Good luck thinking calming thoughts until you hear back.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    I don't know what candy corn is.

I am waiting for my new dumb bells to be delivered so i can commence awesome arm workouts

You don't know what candy corn is???? How is that possible? Well it is a Halloween staple in the US. I have no idea how common it is in other parts of the world. I can't think of how to describe it except it's basically pure sugar in like a pyramid shape and it's 3 stacked colors orange, yellow and brown. Hence the eating them in sections by color.

We don't have it in the UK...i think. I've never seen it or heard or it and my grandparents used to own a sweet shop.

Candy_corn_strewn_on_a_black_background.jpg

Candy corn. They're small, probably less than an inch high. Dominant flavour is pure sugar, no resemblance to corn whatsoever.

This is the coloring I remember. The brown reference was very confusing. :D

The brown ones are "Indian" corn. They also come in approximately 65 different color combinations and flavors now though. Some fall-inspired (caramel apple), and some just weird (cotton candy).

Are they hard? I'm quite intrigued, should've tried them when I was in America.

No. They are soft like frosting.

They are not soft like frosting! They are very solid. They are just not hard. Frosting would be gushy and mushy and you couldn't bite the little sections of color. Did you try them after leaving them in the oven for an hour or something????

I are the ones my daughter made last, and they had been in the fridge, but I have always thought they tasted and felt like frosting flowers . Not spreadable like icing. (the two words don't mean the same thing to me.)

ETA: Ate not are. Fat fingers, small keyboard...also, icing is usually butter cream at my house. The candy corn has a thicker texture than that when it goes in the mold, just like my daughter's decorators frosting that goes in a piping bag and holds its shape on a cake. I can take her flowers apart and eat them a petal at a time.
  • RMCottonRPh
    RMCottonRPh Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I almost cried yesterday (for real) when my Fitbit died midday! I want every step to count!!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Would you like a gross confession? I will give you a gross confession. Don't say I didn't warn you.

There's this thing called 'baby brain' or 'pregnancy brain' which I thought was a bit of a myth but might just have something to it. I've found myself of late nearly leaving the house with no shoes on, or putting the milk in the oven and other such random things. I put it down to having more important/interesting/cute things to think about.

Well the other night I went for a pee but forgot to pull my knickers down! I pulled down my trousers and just plain forgot I had knickers on at all. In my defense, they were tiny knickers and I can't see past my bump anymore. But still. Gross. Only noticed when I went to wipe. Argh! Knickers went straight in the washing machine. Thank goodness it was only a number one (they'd have gone in the bin!).

Told you it was a gross confession.

HAHAHA this is so funny.

Gross confession: I did something similar once, but mine was because of alcohol... :blush:

I am really embarrassed now that I was neither pregnant nor drunk when I made that error! Just in a hurry!

No worries--I've done it a few times when I just couldn't hold it anymore! I would get to the bathroom in time, but not get "all the way" to the bathroom in time, if you know what I mean. :D Luckily I was always at home...
    Once when I was in middle school (I think), I took the bus home having to pee really really bad. My mom was always working past the time I got home from school, and my brother's bus arrived home before mine. I got there and the key wasn't in its hiding spot- my brother must have left it inside. I pounded on the door and screamed for him to let me in. He was in there watching the TV on an extremely high volume. I screamed at him for a couple of minutes but I wasn't able to hold it and peed all over myself right in my garage. So embarrassing... I'm glad no neighbors came to check on me in that state.

I think that was my first time using the washing machine, too :lol:

Once when I was in high school I couldn't find the spare key to get into the house & ran up & down all of the neighborhood knocking on doors to see if someone would let me in to use the bathroom. Of course no one was home so instead of just pulling down my pants & peeing in the yard I thought it was a good idea to just pee my pants in case someone drove/walked by & saw me peeing.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

I am waiting for my new dumb bells to be delivered so i can commence awesome arm workouts

You don't know what candy corn is???? How is that possible? Well it is a Halloween staple in the US. I have no idea how common it is in other parts of the world. I can't think of how to describe it except it's basically pure sugar in like a pyramid shape and it's 3 stacked colors orange, yellow and brown. Hence the eating them in sections by color.

We don't have it in the UK...i think. I've never seen it or heard or it and my grandparents used to own a sweet shop.

Candy corn. They're small, probably less than an inch high. Dominant flavour is pure sugar, no resemblance to corn whatsoever.

The brown ones are "Indian" corn. They also come in approximately 65 different color combinations and flavors now though. Some fall-inspired (caramel apple), and some just weird (cotton candy).

They are not soft like frosting! They are very solid. They are just not hard. Frosting would be gushy and mushy and you couldn't bite the little sections of color. Did you try them after leaving them in the oven for an hour or something????

I are the ones my daughter made last, and they had been in the fridge, but I have always thought they tasted and felt like frosting flowers . Not spreadable like icing. (the two words don't mean the same thing to me.)

ETA: Ate not are. Fat fingers, small keyboard...also, icing is usually butter cream at my house. The candy corn has a thicker texture than that when it goes in the mold, just like my daughter's decorators frosting that god in a piping bag and keeps its shape on a cake. (Have I mentioned that my daughter is a beast in the kitchen - she is and I am blessed.)

Wait your daughter made candy corn?
  • Oberon21
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Sigh I really am having a self indulgent night. Skipped all exercise. Just spent way too much money on 2 pairs of boots, a pair of flats. A skirt, pair of pants and an exercise top. Also 2 candles. I needed none of it. Now I'll go buy my replacement eye glasses that I actually need!

I seldom spend "way too much money" in one go, but I'm sure I spend more dribbling it out on a continuous basis on stuff I don't need.

I'm beginning to think I might have a bit of a shopping addiction.

But I'll still enjoy seeing pics of the boots! :p

I definitely have an addiction. I curbed it when I was taking myself out to dinner every night but now that I have (mostly) stopped that I seem to be back to shopping!

ETA pictures will definitely be coming!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

ETA: Ate not are. Fat fingers, small keyboard...also, icing is usually butter cream at my house. The candy corn has a thicker texture than that when it goes in the mold, just like my daughter's decorators frosting that god in a piping bag and keeps its shape on a cake. (Have I mentioned that my daughter is a beast in the kitchen - she is and I am blessed.)

Yes, for her culinary arts class. I ate every batch until she got it right and two more after that. Then I donated the mold to the school for the sake of my teeth. And also because I was utterly sick of it. I don't think I have eaten it since then.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

ETA: Ate not are. Fat fingers, small keyboard...also, icing is usually butter cream at my house. The candy corn has a thicker texture than that when it goes in the mold, just like my daughter's decorators frosting that goes in a piping bag and holds its shape on a cake. I can take her flowers apart and eat them a petal at a time.

I was trying to think of a way to describe the texture and the best I could come up with was like a dense, dryish fudge... like some sort of packaged store-bought variety.

For the Brits who have eaten Scottish tablet, rather similar consistency.
  • saraherren
    saraherren Posts: 59 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    A guy that I met over July 4 weekend who is old enough to be my father is really interested in me and I have no idea what to do. :|:o

*EDIT* I happened to "go all the way" with a neighbor in my apartment complex about a month ago and now I deeply regret it :( I've only known him for just over 2 months. We talked for 3 or so days after the fact, but haven't since my dog passed away on August 1. I've seen him once since when I walked by his apartment while I was walking back to mine after getting my mail, and all we did was wave to each other.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Phone issues
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    saraherren wrote: »
    A guy that I met over July 4 weekend who is old enough to be my father is really interested in me and I have no idea what to do. :|:o
    Put firm boundaries. Tell him you gave it some thought and you are looking for different things. You are at too different places to work out.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I almost cried yesterday (for real) when my Fitbit died midday! I want every step to count!!!

I refuse to mivre when that happens, and when its on charge
  • sst036
    sst036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I think I'm developing an allergy to either sushi or Coke (well, cinnamon) and I can't decide which of the two I'd be more upset about. Sushi would be easy to eliminate because it's either the avocado or the seafood (in which case, no more thai!), but it's so delicious. Cinnamon would be upsetting because it's in so many delicious foods like Masala and Nana's apple sponge.

I do prefer being able to breathe so I'm going to see my allergist on Wednesday for skin tests.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    sst036 wrote: »
    I think I'm developing an allergy to either sushi or Coke (well, cinnamon) and I can't decide which of the two I'd be more upset about. Sushi would be easy to eliminate because it's either the avocado or the seafood (in which case, no more thai!), but it's so delicious. Cinnamon would be upsetting because it's in so many delicious foods like Masala and Nana's apple sponge.

I do prefer being able to breathe so I'm going to see my allergist on Wednesday for skin tests.

I would prefer the sushi. I love cinnamon.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I try to charge it while sleeping. Mine died and still tracked for 2 days all my steps and synced it just didn't show on the display. Until I charged it. I was amazed.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Yes, for her culinary arts class. I ate every batch until she got it right and two more after that. Then I donated the mold to the school for the sake of my teeth. And also because I was utterly sick of it. I don't think I have eaten it since then.

Ok well then that is a bit unusual. The store bought kind is much firmer than frosting or caked decorations. I agree with @ythanna in that it could be more like fudge.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Somehow last night I kicked off a lot of my blankets & noticed when I got up this morning I had around 100+ steps haha.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    Update on my bat story: This is all way more serious than I thought it was going to be! I thought I could hand the bat over to a vet for care, get my dog a rabies shot and we could all carry on with our lives. But no. After health services phoned me yesterday I realized it was more serious. I took my dog to the vet yesterday and the vet told me that the bat will be tested for rabies, and if it's negative then everything is cool. BUT if it's positive, (if my understanding is correct) the province steps in and Freya goes into a 10 day quarantine. And I believe they ultimately get to decide her fate :scream: I'm going to be contacted by one or two people, probably on Monday because of all of this. I'm trying to keep a positive outlook that this little bat will be rabies free, but I'm a little worried.

In good news though, the little bat was moved to a wildlife rehabilitation center in the city and should make a full recovery :smile:

Oh no! Fingers crossed for Freya!