Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Update on my bat story: This is all way more serious than I thought it was going to be! I thought I could hand the bat over to a vet for care, get my dog a rabies shot and we could all carry on with our lives. But no. After health services phoned me yesterday I realized it was more serious. I took my dog to the vet yesterday and the vet told me that the bat will be tested for rabies, and if it's negative then everything is cool. BUT if it's positive, (if my understanding is correct) the province steps in and Freya goes into a 10 day quarantine. And I believe they ultimately get to decide her fate :scream: I'm going to be contacted by one or two people, probably on Monday because of all of this. I'm trying to keep a positive outlook that this little bat will be rabies free, but I'm a little worried.

In good news though, the little bat was moved to a wildlife rehabilitation center in the city and should make a full recovery :smile:

Oooo this is insane! I hope poor little Freya is okay, tell her to stop hunting! Lol
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Update on my bat story: This is all way more serious than I thought it was going to be! I thought I could hand the bat over to a vet for care, get my dog a rabies shot and we could all carry on with our lives. But no. After health services phoned me yesterday I realized it was more serious. I took my dog to the vet yesterday and the vet told me that the bat will be tested for rabies, and if it's negative then everything is cool. BUT if it's positive, (if my understanding is correct) the province steps in and Freya goes into a 10 day quarantine. And I believe they ultimately get to decide her fate :scream: I'm going to be contacted by one or two people, probably on Monday because of all of this. I'm trying to keep a positive outlook that this little bat will be rabies free, but I'm a little worried.

In good news though, the little bat was moved to a wildlife rehabilitation center in the city and should make a full recovery :smile:

I seriously hope the bat comes back negative for rabies and you and Freya can move on.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Well, good news on the bat... I am sure everything will be fine for Freya. But rabies is not something they fool around with. Its just too dangerous.
  • Oberon21
    edited August 2015
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I don't know what candy corn is.

I am waiting for my new dumb bells to be delivered so i can commence awesome arm workouts

You don't know what candy corn is???? How is that possible? Well it is a Halloween staple in the US. I have no idea how common it is in other parts of the world. I can't think of how to describe it except it's basically pure sugar in like a pyramid shape and it's 3 stacked colors orange, yellow and brown. Hence the eating them in sections by color.

We don't have it in the UK...i think. I've never seen it or heard or it and my grandparents used to own a sweet shop.

Candy_corn_strewn_on_a_black_background.jpg

Candy corn. They're small, probably less than an inch high. Dominant flavour is pure sugar, no resemblance to corn whatsoever.

This is the coloring I remember. The brown reference was very confusing. :D

The brown ones are "Indian" corn. They also come in approximately 65 different color combinations and flavors now though. Some fall-inspired (caramel apple), and some just weird (cotton candy).

Are they hard? I'm quite intrigued, should've tried them when I was in America.

You'd have to look really hard to find them if it's not fall, they come out usually September to December then they're gone again!

Maybe the different colors only come out during the fall but you can find candy corn anytime of the year. I know this because I love candy corn!! I swear nothing is too sweet for me. There was a nice older lady I used to work with that would bring me a bag of candy corn just because. I don't usually buy it because I will eat until I get a stomach ache. I also like to eat it one color at a time and the orange, yellow & white ones are the best.

This is me too- when people say things are too sweet for them I just can't comprehend that statement!

Seriously, SAME!

I am one of those... seriously I can't eat really really sweet things. I feel weird afterwards, like shaky, fuzzy minded, get really tired. Even too much orange juice will do this to me. This is something I have developed as I have aged. It started with doughnuts, and over time Twizzlers, Skittles, Candy Corn, Jelly Beans, Orange Juice, etc. Anything that is 'pure' sugar.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I mostly stopped by to say I don't know what I was thinking when I got dressed this AM. I look like a biker chick today.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

Well, good news on the bat... I am sure everything will be fine for Freya. But rabies is not something they fool around with. Its just too dangerous.

Hugs. Hope all works out well.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I am waiting for my new dumb bells to be delivered so i can commence awesome arm workouts

You don't know what candy corn is???? How is that possible? Well it is a Halloween staple in the US. I have no idea how common it is in other parts of the world. I can't think of how to describe it except it's basically pure sugar in like a pyramid shape and it's 3 stacked colors orange, yellow and brown. Hence the eating them in sections by color.

We don't have it in the UK...i think. I've never seen it or heard or it and my grandparents used to own a sweet shop.

Candy corn. They're small, probably less than an inch high. Dominant flavour is pure sugar, no resemblance to corn whatsoever.

The brown ones are "Indian" corn. They also come in approximately 65 different color combinations and flavors now though. Some fall-inspired (caramel apple), and some just weird (cotton candy).

I wouldn't say they are 'hard', they are really solid, but they aren't crunchy hard. And @ythannah 's picture was right (I was debating the brown vs white when going off memory, they are orange, yellow and white. Although I do think there are versions that have brown on them).
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    *post date update*

first date #13

yet ANOTHER dude that has pics posted, that upon meeting in person, were VERY out of date.
    the funny bit being that he says to me, wow, you look just like your pictures!
    WHAT?!?! isn't that the point? and i flat out say to him, you look absolutely nothing like your pics!
    his reply? yeah, they're pretty old. *smh*

have a few beverages, pretty average basic conversation, dude was nice and all but seemed a lil toooooo laid back. like he had this grin on his face like 100% of the time and his eyes were never fully open. so after a few beverages i'm finally like what the hecks this dude's deal? so i simply ask him, dude, are you stoned? to which he starts laughing and he's like no no, i don't smoke pot. and i'm like dude, are you sure about that?? he laughs a bit more and says, well like klonopin and xanax...yeah. greaaaaaaaat.

AND he's drinking soda all night because he's got one of those built in court mandated car breathalyzers. now don't get me wrong, a designated driver is totally something i need in my life, and baby jesus knows i could easily be stuck in that situation given my shenanigans, but this dude was just not it. plus he smokes a pack and a half a day. no, no thank you.

first date #12 - update!
    after our super quick first date, he texts me and asks when we're going to watch documentaries together (i've previously confessed a love of all the docs on netflix). so i say, "well unless it's in a theater it's going to be a while. *stranger danger!*" and he replies, oh, ok, have you lost interest? and then anytime this dude texts me and i don't respond within an hour or so he'll send me another msg asking if i've lost interest. it's a bit irritating. i'm not seeing a second date.

whomp whomp whoooooooomp

I really think it's time for a dating hiatus. The stars are not in alignment for you right now.

NEVER SURRENDER!!!!
    hehehehe

well, now i have a sore throat (can't even begin to try to figure out where that came from. i'm going with one of the 1600 ppl in my building at work. i have to believe this, otherwise i'm gonna get really skeezed out).

so i'm taking a lil break, you know, like a day or two... B)

The week I met my hubby, I had 8 first dates in 5 days. It's hard work, but you have to sift through them sometimes!

The only other guy I was considering seeing again kept flaking every time he'd say we should get together. By the time he got his act together, hubby and I were exclusive.
  • Oberon21
    edited August 2015
    Options

I just googled it... there are brown ones.
    cv5n9nh4rrqv.jpg

ETA so I wasn't crazy!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »

You'd have to look really hard to find them if it's not fall, they come out usually September to December then they're gone again!

Maybe the different colors only come out during the fall but you can find candy corn anytime of the year. I know this because I love candy corn!! I swear nothing is too sweet for me. There was a nice older lady I used to work with that would bring me a bag of candy corn just because. I don't usually buy it because I will eat until I get a stomach ache. I also like to eat it one color at a time and the orange, yellow & white ones are the best.

This is me too- when people say things are too sweet for them I just can't comprehend that statement!

Me three. Perhaps this is part of my lack of enthusiasm for dark chocolate... maybe the volume is turned down on my sweet taste buds or something.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options

Well holy crap... that escalated quickly. Here's hoping EVERYONE is rabies-free and life can go back to normal.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Disgusting little pieces of condensed sugar, shaped in triangles.....be glad.....be very very glad.....
  • Oberon21
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Would you like a gross confession? I will give you a gross confession. Don't say I didn't warn you.

There's this thing called 'baby brain' or 'pregnancy brain' which I thought was a bit of a myth but might just have something to it. I've found myself of late nearly leaving the house with no shoes on, or putting the milk in the oven and other such random things. I put it down to having more important/interesting/cute things to think about.

Well the other night I went for a pee but forgot to pull my knickers down! I pulled down my trousers and just plain forgot I had knickers on at all. In my defense, they were tiny knickers and I can't see past my bump anymore. But still. Gross. Only noticed when I went to wipe. Argh! Knickers went straight in the washing machine. Thank goodness it was only a number one (they'd have gone in the bin!).

Told you it was a gross confession.

HAHAHA this is so funny.

Gross confession: I did something similar once, but mine was because of alcohol... :blush:

I am really embarrassed now that I was neither pregnant nor drunk when I made that error! Just in a hurry!
  • Oberon21
    Options

I was there September -March

They are around all year, but really pushed during Halloween. That is really the season of candy corn!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I have a question...anyone can answer it, but I'm definitely focusing it towards those who lift...are you finding you're having to eat more? I am hungry all the time now! I'm eating more and not gaining weight which is good, but I feel like I'm scared to eat too much after trying to lose weight. I don't really want to lose any more weight, and I know I need to eat enough to support my lifting goals. Anyone want to share their weight, height, calorie intake, and exercise level??

Unless anyone thinks this will hijack the thread...if so, I can ask the question in the bat cave!

If you're eating more and not gaining weight then it sounds like you are doing it correctly! I can't remember if I felt like I needed more food - I've only been doing SL since this summer, but did circuty things for a few years before that.

5'5", ~135, 2100-2300, and moderately active (~12k steps a day, lifting 2-3 times a week, running a couple times (not lately though), some yoga)

5'7", 135...I have a desk job but I lift heavy 4 times a week. I've been eating 1600-1700 but some days it just doesn't feel like enough. Keep in mind, lifting is really my only exercise...no cardio.

Maybe there are better answers I haven't gotten to yet, but I'll chime in. I'm 5'2", 140 lbs, I work a desk job as well and my trainer wanted me eating 2100 calories to maintain while lifting (4 workouts a week). So I definitely think you need to up your calories!

I think I will! Thanks!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I'm one of the only people I know who hates Cadbury eggs. To me they are sweet to the point of making me nauseous. As a child I would give them away to my siblings :confounded:

i think they're gross :s

but i do LOVE the cadbury robbins eggs. the solid chocolate with crisp shell. YUM
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    For some of my friends who have started running or are interested in running but are afraid to because they think they are too heavy, you should check out this woman:

http://fatgirlrunning-fatrunner.blogspot.com/

I read an article about her in Runner's World magazine, that I am going to send to my MFP friends that I have email addresses for. She is inspiring, clearly vastly intelligent and talented and a dedicated runner who does not let her size define her. You should check it out.

I seen a heavier girl jogging last night while I was driving home from work & thought "you go girl." I hope she looks up safety while running, because I noticed she was running with the traffic behind her rather than the other way around.
    Yeesh. I have no idea what I'd do if I saw someone in this situation. I'd be afraid of approaching them about it because I'd imagine they'd think I were confronting them BECAUSE they were heavier, but there's no way I'd want anyone to continue this, especially with the drivers in Houston.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/study-houston-dangerous-for-pedestrians/26082974

I always want to stop people and ask them if they want to die when they are running with traffic...because they are asking to be killed.

Edited because I didn't think my first version made total sense.

I have been known to yell across the street to runners in my neighborhood and tell them that they can't be seen by any of the cars. Why do people run in the dark wearing black on black with nothing reflective??
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options

Oh no. Fingers crossed it's negative!
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Ugh. My boyfriend is super annoying when he's been having a cleaning /tidying day!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    My niece did something so hilarious today that made me think of this thread.

My youngest niece came over to her mom today & asked for Chocolate Milk. My sister went over & got the milk & the powder & my niece threw the hugest fit. What did she want? She just wanted the powder in the glass & then threw herself on the floor & had a huge fit. Needless to say she didn't get her own way.

I was happy that today I fit in Chipotle (steak burritos yum) & a whole pint of frozen yogurt.

Ha! That's awesome!!
    And I LOVE Chipotle!! I haven't had it in well over a year though! Not sure why...we just never think to go there when we get food. That should change soon!! Awesome job fitting that AND frozen yogurt!! Winnnn!!!!!!

I love Chipotle too. Mmmmm mmmmmm.

Chipotle is a huge reason I got fat buuuut I still eat it! Just not in such large quantities anymore! Haha <3

It really is so good. I wish there was one close to where I work, because I would go there at least once or twice a week.

I confess, I have no idea why people even like Chipotle, let alone lust after it. Just doesn't do it for me. ;)

Qdoba is my Mexican quick-serve of choice, but I also quite enjoy Moe's Southwest Grill. Really though, Mexican food is so easy, I'd rather just make it at home.

And use twice the amount of cheese.
    No judgment.

YEP!!! I would rather do a "Chipotle-style meal" at home than pay $30 for 3 tacos and a couple burritos. What do you mean I have to choose between sour cream OR cheese?! Why can't I have both since I'm already paying $7 for 3 teeny little tacos?!