Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Should I be worried that I have 666 calories left for the day? Am I about to be eternally damned?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I follow a few lost pet pages on Facebook and someone found a dog that looks almost identical to my dog I had euthanized in October. It is making me feel odd, and actually a little sick. :disappointed:

ETA: the dog looks like it's a stray or been abandoned for some time and I think seeing a dog that looks like Emery in that condition is what's bothering me.

Do you have room for another? Maybe he is,meant for you....

I messaged the lady saying if she couldn't find an owner I might be interested in her. We'll see, there were lots of other people saying they would want her, but I do have experience with the breed so that may weigh in my favour. I'm not sure how my current dog or my roommate (my brother) would feel about it though...
    Aww! I hope it works out! Be sure to let us know!

I meant to comment on this and got distracted. YES get that puppy! He was meant for you! It was fate!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Should I be worried that I have 666 calories left for the day? Am I about to be eternally damned?
    Looks like it's time to eat back some calories. >:)

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    NSV - Finally got daughter into the weight room!!!! Yay. It was mostly older women, as in retired age women, an older man, a younger man and us. She did it and will return with me. The older women (3 of them) seemed to be taking a semi-private training session as the younger man moved among them gently giving them directions and telling them what exercise to do. It was great to see and they looked pretty fit!

That's great! And what a fun way to train those older ladies have found. I think I might have been intimidated by a personal.trainer when I first started. (Like I said, I went to spot for hubby and git bored.)

Nice! The ladies did seem to be having fun.

Just imagine all of us in a big weight room. We would be having a ball!

I would love that so much!

I sometimes imagine some of the lifters here are with me when I'm doing my thing. Actually, the words of encouragement that I mentally attribute to you guys are often what gets me through my last set of squats.

You know it sounds so weird but I do the same thing when I'm working out haha we are all working out together in my head!

I am going to try this!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    Hi All, I have a major confession to make. I am a stalker! I have been following this thread since day one and reading ALL the comments daily. I even make references to this thread to my boyfriend on a semi regular basis - he has pretty much forced me to post here as he says it's pretty creepy I read but don't engage! ( my apologies for the creepy-ness but I am annoyingly socially awkward)
    Anyway, I wanted to post to say thank you to all of you for entertaining me and making me laugh - and sometimes cry - daily. Also for motivating me. Due to the many discussions on beginning weight workouts etc in recent weeks I have been moved to restart this myself. Weights 3 times a week for the past 3 weeks - let's just hope I can keep it up.
    To sum up - thanks everyone for being a positive force in my life recently even though you didn't know it ( I'd insert a smiley face here but don't know how!) I shall crawl back under my rock now.....

Please don't crawl under the rock again. Stay out and play.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    For some of my friends who have started running or are interested in running but are afraid to because they think they are too heavy, you should check out this woman:

http://fatgirlrunning-fatrunner.blogspot.com/

I read an article about her in Runner's World magazine, that I am going to send to my MFP friends that I have email addresses for. She is inspiring, clearly vastly intelligent and talented and a dedicated runner who does not let her size define her. You should check it out.

I seen a heavier girl jogging last night while I was driving home from work & thought "you go girl." I hope she looks up safety while running, because I noticed she was running with the traffic behind her rather than the other way around.
    Yeesh. I have no idea what I'd do if I saw someone in this situation. I'd be afraid of approaching them about it because I'd imagine they'd think I were confronting them BECAUSE they were heavier, but there's no way I'd want anyone to continue this, especially with the drivers in Houston.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/study-houston-dangerous-for-pedestrians/26082974
  • Oberon21
    edited August 2015
    Options
    For some of my friends who have started running or are interested in running but are afraid to because they think they are too heavy, you should check out this woman:

http://fatgirlrunning-fatrunner.blogspot.com/

I read an article about her in Runner's World magazine, that I am going to send to my MFP friends that I have email addresses for. She is inspiring, clearly vastly intelligent and talented and a dedicated runner who does not let her size define her. You should check it out.

I seen a heavier girl jogging last night while I was driving home from work & thought "you go girl." I hope she looks up safety while running, because I noticed she was running with the traffic behind her rather than the other way around.
    Yeesh. I have no idea what I'd do if I saw someone in this situation. I'd be afraid of approaching them about it because I'd imagine they'd think I were confronting them BECAUSE they were heavier, but there's no way I'd want anyone to continue this, especially with the drivers in Houston.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/study-houston-dangerous-for-pedestrians/26082974

I always want to stop people and ask them if they want to die when they are running with traffic...because they are asking to be killed.

Edited because I didn't think my first version made total sense.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »
    Hi All, I have a major confession to make. I am a stalker! I have been following this thread since day one and reading ALL the comments daily. I even make references to this thread to my boyfriend on a semi regular basis - he has pretty much forced me to post here as he says it's pretty creepy I read but don't engage! ( my apologies for the creepy-ness but I am annoyingly socially awkward)
    Anyway, I wanted to post to say thank you to all of you for entertaining me and making me laugh - and sometimes cry - daily. Also for motivating me. Due to the many discussions on beginning weight workouts etc in recent weeks I have been moved to restart this myself. Weights 3 times a week for the past 3 weeks - let's just hope I can keep it up.
    To sum up - thanks everyone for being a positive force in my life recently even though you didn't know it ( I'd insert a smiley face here but don't know how!) I shall crawl back under my rock now.....

I confess that this post made me confess something before I ended up in your situation.

I just bookmarked this post earlier this morning and I've already come back to read comments. There is a lot of funny stuff in here!

Welcome! You stay and play too. We do try to have fun.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Banana Update: I had a banana milkshake (with real chunks of banana in it) for lunch today. I blame this thread...I'd have probably had peanut butter if it weren't for the banana talk yesterday.

shooting update: Raymond (the victim) is still hospitalized and had another surgery yesterday. He isn't out of the woods, but we hope he's more than halfway through them. Shooter *may* be a jealous ex of his wife, which would be awful for her if it turns out to be true. However, that could just be gossip among people looking for an explanation for senseless evil. Newsflash: There is no explanation. There is just real evil on the world.

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Yes, I would most definitely eat something.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »

That's quite an accomplishment. I <3 this thread dearly, and I haven't been able to keep up daily.

Good job taking up weights, you'll love the results. I found that it quickly became a habit, then an essential part of my routine... now I MISS lifting when I can't do it (like when travelling).

Yup yup yup! I'm away next week. I have a feeling I'm going to be picking up sofas and stuff. Deadlift a small person or a dog...

My husband bench pressed my 9 year old the other day. Son 3 thought he could tickle dad and run. Not. So. Much. (9 year old is almost 5 feet tall and weighs right at 100 ponds)

ETA: Pounds, not ponds. Can't type today
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I was away from MFP for a few weeks but I'm back now. I want to join the "Batcave" group but can't find the link and don't remember what it's called. Can someone post the link? Thanks a bunch!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    lilawolf wrote: »
    I confess that I skip all of the political posts on Facebook and most of the news stories, not because I don't want to be an informed person, because I really do, but because I can't stand all of the negativity (on both/all sides). I wish that there was a way to get the honest facts about topics so that I could create an informed opinion. Instead, it's like panning for gold in a feedlot.

Journalism quit being fact gathering long ago. Now it is all who gets the information out first regardless of factual correctness as well as sensationalism. Most reporting has gone the way of Star magazine in terms of stories.

So there's still good reporting out there - you just have to find it. Investigative reporting has definitely taken a hit with the newsroom "restructuring" that has taken place due to changing ownership regulations and the move to online-first posting. But it's still there.

Fun fact: journalism has been about who gets it out first since the 1850s - that's nothing new. The Associated Press (a big wire service - so an organization that provides news to all outlets both local and national) was created to try to combat a very wealthy publisher (James Bennett) who was smoking everyone in terms of getting news out first. So basically everyone else banded together to try to be able to compete with the speed of Bennett (which was due to the use of carrier pigeons and sending quicker boats out to meet slow boats who were arriving with news).

Can you tell I teach media history? ;)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    One of my bike rides last week resulted in a calorie burn of 666. >:)
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    "Clusterf---" doesn't even begin to describe today. On a good note, today is $.50 corn dogs at sonic! :)
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I have a question...anyone can answer it, but I'm definitely focusing it towards those who lift...are you finding you're having to eat more? I am hungry all the time now! I'm eating more and not gaining weight which is good, but I feel like I'm scared to eat too much after trying to lose weight. I don't really want to lose any more weight, and I know I need to eat enough to support my lifting goals. Anyone want to share their weight, height, calorie intake, and exercise level??

Unless anyone thinks this will hijack the thread...if so, I can ask the question in the bat cave!
  • Oberon21
    Options

Done! Sadly it was M&Ms because I didn't post my daily goals today so there was no restriction. Why do I eat these? I don't even really like them... They are just THERE!
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I have a question...anyone can answer it, but I'm definitely focusing it towards those who lift...are you finding you're having to eat more? I am hungry all the time now! I'm eating more and not gaining weight which is good, but I feel like I'm scared to eat too much after trying to lose weight. I don't really want to lose any more weight, and I know I need to eat enough to support my lifting goals. Anyone want to share their weight, height, calorie intake, and exercise level??

Unless anyone thinks this will hijack the thread...if so, I can ask the question in the bat cave!

If you're eating more and not gaining weight then it sounds like you are doing it correctly! I can't remember if I felt like I needed more food - I've only been doing SL since this summer, but did circuty things for a few years before that.

5'5", ~135, 2100-2300, and moderately active (~12k steps a day, lifting 2-3 times a week, running a couple times (not lately though), some yoga)
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options

Done! Sadly it was M&Ms because I didn't post my daily goals today so there was no restriction. Why do I eat these? I don't even really like them... They are just THERE!

You just inspired a dive into my jelly bean stash ;)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    petunia773 wrote: »
    I was away from MFP for a few weeks but I'm back now. I want to join the "Batcave" group but can't find the link and don't remember what it's called. Can someone post the link? Thanks a bunch!

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106593-confession-is-good-for-the-soul-the-batcave
    "Clusterf---" doesn't even begin to describe today. On a good note, today is $.50 corn dogs at sonic! :)

So I've heard...

Sorry about the clusterf---. Hope things are getting better now!
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

I'm not the best person to answer this since one of my BP meds has the (unusual) side effect of completely killing my appetite/hunger, so I'm not the best barometer of hunger. Hopefully someone else will chime in.