Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Meds taken, and Charlie and I are snuggled up on the sofa watching frozen (its one of his favourites).

I finally got on the scales again today. I've gained 5lbs in my little pity-party binge cycle. I'm sure some of it is water, so my goal is get that 5lb off before I hit the mountain in 2 weeks.

Yes 2 weeks to go until I attempt to climb a mountain, in the dark. And did I mention that there is 2.5 feet of snow on the mountain? I've raised £685 so far for the Alzheimer's society, which I am also proud of. Gonna try and make it £700 before we go.

Feeling brighter today, hopefully can keep food intake to sensible proportions today.

Great news! Enjoy your day with Charlie!

• WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Greetings from work on this lovely Saturday morning, peeps! (I'm on call from 8am today until 8am tomorrow, and we're supposed to be in the office from 8-noon).

Interview with lab administration went alright. I knew going in that I was not the absolute ideal candidate for the job, so nothing surprising came up. The interview with HR was spectacular, but I don't think that's going to help too much. Ha! ;)

They have another candidate interview yesterday and one on Tuesday. After that, it should at the very least be narrowed down to two for background/resource checks. So, if I don't hear anything by next Friday, I can safely assume that I didn't make the cut. And while it was only 30 minutes, I didn't get a great vibe from the woman who would essentially be my boss, so I don't think I'll be too disappointed to not be chosen. We shall see!

Confession: I logged two slices of pizza for dinner last night, intending to have the other two for lunch today. I then ate a third because I have no self control around pizza. Now I only get one today, but those second slice calories are still going into today's budget. :(

Congratulations of getting through it, and it sounds like you'd be fine with either outcome which is nice. I hope your pizza was delicious!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    annette_15 wrote: »
    My previous 3 mile pr on the elliptical was 41:05, today I beat it at 40:01, but I'm mad because my goal has been to get under 40 minutes for a long time lol...dammit.

Anyways, EDC tomorrow and OMG I cannot contain my excitement :open_mouth: Here's a live stream if anyone wants to see what its all about https://screen.yahoo.com/live/event/edc-1

I'll post some pictures on sunday after we get back!!

NIce. I have been a EDM DJ and for over 15 years and have followed EDC and Insomniac parties for decades. Have fun!

<----Hint... username = mixmode ;)

Confession: I never figured that one. It just looked like gibberish to me. :p
    Same here. Glad to know now! :)

LOL ....

1 6u355 17'5 73chn1c4lly c0n51d3r3d l3375p34k

(I guess it's technically considered leetspeak)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    My previous 3 mile pr on the elliptical was 41:05, today I beat it at 40:01, but I'm mad because my goal has been to get under 40 minutes for a long time lol...dammit.

Anyways, EDC tomorrow and OMG I cannot contain my excitement :open_mouth: Here's a live stream if anyone wants to see what its all about https://screen.yahoo.com/live/event/edc-1

NIce. I have been a EDM DJ and for over 15 years and have followed EDC and Insomniac parties for decades. Have fun!

LOL ....

Things like this make me feel old. :(
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    clc6673u6k1o.jpg

I got 13 of 15, but many of those phrases are used here in Texas on a regular basis.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

LOL ....

Things like this make me feel old. :(

I don't get that at all :)
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Greetings from work on this lovely Saturday morning, peeps! (I'm on call from 8am today until 8am tomorrow, and we're supposed to be in the office from 8-noon).

Interview with lab administration went alright. I knew going in that I was not the absolute ideal candidate for the job, so nothing surprising came up. The interview with HR was spectacular, but I don't think that's going to help too much. Ha! ;)

They have another candidate interview yesterday and one on Tuesday. After that, it should at the very least be narrowed down to two for background/resource checks. So, if I don't hear anything by next Friday, I can safely assume that I didn't make the cut. And while it was only 30 minutes, I didn't get a great vibe from the woman who would essentially be my boss, so I don't think I'll be too disappointed to not be chosen. We shall see!

Confession: I logged two slices of pizza for dinner last night, intending to have the other two for lunch today. I then ate a third because I have no self control around pizza. Now I only get one today, but those second slice calories are still going into today's budget. :(

Any interview is great practice. This way you'll be prepared for the interview for the job you really want!

Did you talk to your old supervisor about using her as a reference? Sorry if I missed it, but what did she say?

I decided to wait until I'd had the interview to see if they would even be contacting my references (they don't until they choose one or two potential candidates). I am now waiting to see if I make the cut for the background check, at which point they will call/email my references.

My gut says I will not make this cut, and I am absolutely okay with that.

Confession: Realized earlier today that I am now only 11 weeks away from being transfer eligible with my current company. That means I wouldn't lose my 7+ years tenure or current PTO accrual (we earn WAY above average) to find a new/better job. If this hospital one doesn't pan out, I may just bide my time for the next two months.

That was one of the biggest bummers about changing jobs after 18 years. I had hours and hours and hours of vacation time built up, and now I have nothing. I was sweating it just to see if I would have 40 hours built up in time to go to the beach in July like we do every year. If you can find something you really like within your current organization, I would say it's totally worth it to wait.

I think that's what I'm going to try to do. I may use that ridiculous amount of vacation time to try and limit the amount of time I actually have to be at work in order to help with that. Maybe take every Monday in July off or something. Ha!

For the record, I've used 12 days and still have 12 MORE days that I HAVE to schedule by the end of the year (second week of January, really) or I forfeit the time. I have an additional 3.5 days slated for carryover on top of that. Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I gain an extra 3 days per year in February if I hit my 8 year anniversary. I wasn't kidding.

Edit: Typing is hard.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Stopping by briefly to post my own bicep pic! I wanted in on the action. :)wqoab341wnrv.jpg

Very impressive! I'm trying frantically to skim pages to see what I've missed, but I really want to read each and every post! (whine)
  • riderfangal
    Options
    I finally broke that 40lb loss goal today. I was stuck at 39 for what felt like forever but this morning down 2.5. I was happy I nearly cried. Over half way to my goal of 80
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time refusing anything with caramel in it...

Make it salted and we can be buddies. ;)

Either way, I'm in!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    DSC_0553.JPG

I don't if this works!

ETA: it did! This was Charlie and I at the end of our day at the zoo

this is before we set off:
    DSC_0440.JPG

Lunchtime:
    DSC_0472.JPG

this was charlie at the end of the day:
    DSC_0556.JPG

and i might be a little bit biased, but i do think he really is a beautiful kid

Aww he is adorable!! You are such an awesome person and he is so lucky to have you!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    MitsuShai wrote: »
    Confession: I feel like stress-eating a batch of brownies I made.
    Have one and freeze the rest in individual baggies.
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    I know you hate people apologising for asking you questions, @Susieq_1994, but I only do because I feel like that stereotypical ignorant privileged white girl, and I don't want to offend.

So...there is that - robe, I'm sorry, I don't know the word for it - the long black one with the head and face covering. But it gets to 60C in Oman, right? So, um...how do the women not die of heatstroke?

That's alright, it doesn't offend me! :)

It's called an abaya, and most of them don't cover the head or face--They're basically just black dresses. I wear one myself. The headscarf and niqab (face covering) are all separate pieces. There is one that has a head covering attached as well, but these are mostly worn by older ladies, as it's just an older style.

That said, I wear the abaya and headscarf. I don't find it hot, personally--I actually find it cooler than when I wear "regular" clothing like skirts and blouses because the abaya tends to be very lightweight. It's also because I've been covering for a very long time--If I didn't cover, I'd probably feel hotter due to the sun burning my skin!

My sister wears a niqab, and according to her, it did feel very hot in the first week, but she says it doesn't feel like that anymore now that she's used to it.

Just an add-on: The abaya isn't a must, Islamically. Women are encouraged not to wear very bright colors for the purpose of attracting men (yes, men have a rule that involves not attracting women--it isn't a sexist rule), but you're allowed to wear whatever color you like, as long as you're covered properly.

I prefer the abaya in Saudi Arabia because everyone wears it (I've seen like... two people so far that didn't... Even the non-Muslims wear it!) and I just don't want to stand out. In Oman, I often wear regular colored dresses, skirts, blouses, etc. Unless I'm lazy. Because the abaya is really easy to just throw on and be done. ;)

Can I ask some follow ups? You say your sister wears a niqab; was that something she decided to do as an adult? And how did she come to that decision? And are you wearing your regular clothes under the abaya? Or is it like a "dress".

Thanks for educating me! :)

Yes, she decided to start wearing it two years ago. Nobody else in our family wears it and she's unmarried, so nobody influenced her in that decision--in Islam there are some scholars (I refuse to count the Sheikh Google people...) who believe the niqab is obligatory, and others who believe it is simply recommended based on evidence from the Qur'an and hadith. After doing some studying, my sister chose to go with the scholars who believe it's obligatory, and began covering her face from then on.

You do have to wear clothing under an abaya--it's basically a cover, but the material is too thin to wear with nothing but underwear underneath, for example. I usually wear jeans and a tank top underneath it--since we have to remain covered, it's best to have your legs covered in case the wind blows it up, for example. :) But I would wear the same under a dress, actually, although I would probably wear cotton pants underneath in that case.

Oh, can I ask if you have one of these? I've always wondered if it was hard to swim in the modest suits, because of the extra fabric:

8r71esdpgap0.jpg

Nope, I don't own one--those suits actually don't meet the fardh (obligatory) requirements for modest clothing for women, especially because they cling when they're wet, and the shape of the body is revealed, which is the major requirement of covering.

If I'm going to swim, I swim in an all-women's facility with a modest swimsuit (even women aren't supposed to reveal nakedness to other women) or just jump into the ocean fully clothed because that's fun. ;)

Am I the only one who loves being naked? I don't know why but I do! Could be because ( I know I say this a lot but it's true) I really have no shame...haters going to hate!

I hate being naked. I hate skin touching skin. And I totally hate when running any part of my body touching any other part. I tried running in a sports bra ONCE. Never again. Yes I am a prude (I believe I have said this before).

I hate being naked too. Even in the shower. I get dressed as soon as humanly possible. I put on undies right after a shower.
    mrsd4gbfjfo3.jpg

Too funny. Especially the 'there are literally dozens of us'. :)
    Glad someone got it! Love Arrested Development.

Hello all - hope everyone's had a great weekend. I took my dad to the dinosaur museum today for our Father's Day treat. My husband's working away this week, so we'll have his Father's Day when he gets back. I also worked on a cover solution for our west-facing back deck, which is unusable in the summer because it gets so hot. Maybe I'll post a picture of the final result when it's complete.

Eating wasn't bad - didn't go over cals despite a burger & fries lunch today, plus a fair amount of chocolate. I can't seem to understand why I'm always under for protein and over for fat! ;) I'm SO close to a 'healthy' weight, it's tempting to crash diet for a week to get under 150, but I won't. Am determined to go slow and steady this time. Only 1.5lbs to go, then another 5 after that to get to my first goal. ALL of my 'thin' clothes fit now, which is awesome. I've decided to get rid of big stuff that I don't like much anyway, but certain things I'm going to pack away out of sight, just in case. I regained everything I lost before and felt sick having to buy new everything, so I'm not doing that again. If I can keep the weight off for a while, then I'll consider letting it all go. Unfortunately I don't have a good record in that department. :/

Yep I am thinking of doing things the same thing. I am so happy being this size. I just don't trust it to last. Even though the only person that can screw it up is me!

I plan to keep weighing myself at least weekly for the rest of my life. The weight is not going to creep back on again!

I'm with you on this one! I refuse to do to myself what I did a few months ago- my body can't handle so much weight!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    cenandra wrote: »
    This past weekend I ate and ate when I wasn't hungry. I've been maintaining my weight loss for over 6 1/2 years and I still have problems with boredom. I no longer buy Peanut Butter because I'll eat the whole jar during the weekend; however, it doesn't matter what "little" is at my house I will binge on something and that is sad.

This thread is very helpful thanks for starting it.

Excellent job! I agree this thread and the conversations we have really help me control and think twice before I make bad decisions because I feel a sense of accountability to the folks here!

Me too! I love it because I do think twice before eating something but I also let myself indulge and not feel bad because of this thread <3
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Stopping by briefly to post my own bicep pic! I wanted in on the action. :)wqoab341wnrv.jpg
    Ooh, very impressive! How long have you been lifting to get those results?

It's 26 years of grooming horses. I don't lift. Although I do take a strength training class on Saturday. And thank you! I didn't know it was there either until I lost the weight!

That will do it! I've said it before here, but practical application is still the best. I lift and I have some definition, but after 2 or 3 hours of carrying around my squirmy, 6 month old grandson my arms feel like they are going to fall off!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Morning all, I read up to page 1000 (super great) but have skipped another 18 whoops.

I'm feeling pretty bloated and massive (I'm 11 weeks pregnant but it's not visible) and was actually rather pleased to discover I've only put on 3 lbs so far. I had hoped to put on no more than 3-5 lbs during the first trimester so that's a win for me. The part I don't understand; I'm still about 13 lbs lighter than 6 months ago, but I feel huge, bigger than I did back then! It's probably hormonal.

Anyway, the confession is, boy am I glad I hung on to my larger clothes. I'm nowhere near needing maternity wear yet, so it's nice to have a larger size option without spending money on something I'll only wear for a couple of months. Hurrah for my fat trousers!

That's super great! ;) I'm so excited for you I can't wait until your baby comes along!!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    Today marks 1 year of food logging for me, this time last year I was 250lbs and wearing 42" waist pants and couldn't run an 1/8 of a mile. Now I'm 180lbs, wearing 32" waist pants and run 3 miles a few times a week.

The really surprising part to me is that with the exception of the first month it just seems too easy and I feel like if I stop logging the weight will show back up overnight.

YOU ARE SUPER GREAT! Very inspirational to someone who is just starting out! Thanks for sharing!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    cenandra wrote: »
    This past weekend I ate and ate when I wasn't hungry. I've been maintaining my weight loss for over 6 1/2 years and I still have problems with boredom. I no longer buy Peanut Butter because I'll eat the whole jar during the weekend; however, it doesn't matter what "little" is at my house I will binge on something and that is sad.

This thread is very helpful thanks for starting it.

Excellent job! I agree this thread and the conversations we have really help me control and think twice before I make bad decisions because I feel a sense of accountability to the folks here!

Me too! I love it because I do think twice before eating something but I also let myself indulge and not feel bad because of this thread <3

This thread is such a great motivator for me. Thank you all for helping me make better choices and not judging when I make some not so good choices. You all rock!!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Ok so I finally got around to the friending spree from this thread, so if you see a friend request it's me, not some random creeper :)

Orange- Charlie is the cutest! I love his eyes!

Hope you all had an awesome weekend. I did not. I came in to the thread this weekend for a brief pity party then left lol. I feel awful. How is it possible to lose so much weight but still feel badly about yourself? I look lumpy and not at ALL what I looked like at this weight before my youngest. I keep thinking I'm close to my weight goal, but I'll have to adjust it when I get there. I won't look good in 16 lb. It's gonna end up being like 25 lb to go :( Talk about demoralizing!

Still waiting to hear back about my MS program which isn't helping. I have meetings all day at work, my 3 year old went nuclear at daycare this morning, and my hamstrings are KILLING me (I helped my mom lay down flooring in the house she's flipping).

Cheer up buttercup!! I'm sure you will look fabulous in 16 lbs! You've already done great so far!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Charlie and I have had a lovely day at the zoo, and according to my Fitbit, we've walked over 8 miles! Not bad for a two year old! If I knew how to post pics, I'd post a selfie we took.

Man I want your kid. Mine whine after half a mile.

Confession - went to Mexican for lunch, I ordered the 880 calorie taco salad knowing I wouldn't eat the tortilla shell anyway... but I did. And I stole one of the kids cheese nachos. Still enough calories for a light dinner at least.

Also bought shortcakes at Trader Joe's because I'm craving strawberry shortcake so that's my breakfast tomorrow.

We went to Disneyworld when my son had just turned eight. We walked all over the parks for five days and we kept seeing kids my son's age being pushed around in strollers. I was amazed at that, because my son hadn't complained at all. On the last day, I said something to my son about the other kids his age in strollers. He replied with, "Yeah, my legs hurt and I'm tired, but I know dad would have just told me to suck it up."

Part of me felt bad. The other part of me was really proud of him for toughing it out and learning he could go farther than he thought he could.

That is awesome! Speaks volumes about his character.