Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    AND he's drinking soda all night because he's got one of those built in court mandated car breathalyzers. now don't get me wrong, a designated driver is totally something i need in my life, and baby jesus knows i could easily be stuck in that situation given my shenanigans, but this dude was just not it.
    You cannot criticise someone for drinking soda if they're driving, they damn well should be, as should you!

I am concerned about your attitude to drink driving and find it offensive. I know the culture in the UK is a bit different, there are very few people I think who would consider it anything but unacceptable. So many people get killed or suffer life changing injuries at the hands of drink drivers and it's so avoidable.

I apologise for going against the spirit of this thread, but I couldn't not say it. Just drink coke if you need to drive.

I don't think she was criticizing his decision to drink soda while driving. She was pointing out he had clearly already been in trouble for drink driving since he had a court mandated car breathalyzer. I'm with you in that I find drink-driving wholly unacceptable too, so I wouldn't be too impressed if someone required a breathalyzer in order to obey the law. Someone I'd steer clear of too! Hopefully that's cleared that up. Correct me if I'm wrong @KylerJaye.

yes, that's exactly what i meant! my problem wasn't the soda, it was why he *had* to drink soda.

also, because i know in my state those things aren't *first time offender* mandated.
    so there's a history there, plus he was taking prescription drugs in order to still have a buzz/high because they don't register on the interlock device. and i also witnessed him pop a pill during a conversation like it was nothing. twice.

*story update*
    narco dude sent me a text yesterday to tell me that he was in an accident and totaled his SUV. someone swerved in his lane, he completely lost control and slammed into a telephone pole. and my first thought was, well how many pills had you taken? which admittedly could happen to anyone, but there would always be that underlying issue with him.

besides the fact that i wasn't really attracted to anything about him...
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    lilawolf wrote: »
    I confess that I skip all of the political posts on Facebook and most of the news stories, not because I don't want to be an informed person, because I really do, but because I can't stand all of the negativity (on both/all sides). I wish that there was a way to get the honest facts about topics so that I could create an informed opinion. Instead, it's like panning for gold in a feedlot.

Journalism quit being fact gathering long ago. Now it is all who gets the information out first regardless of factual correctness as well as sensationalism. Most reporting has gone the way of Star magazine in terms of stories.
  • CosmoTI
    CosmoTI Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I have a major confession to make. I am a stalker! I have been following this thread since day one and reading ALL the comments daily. I even make references to this thread to my boyfriend on a semi regular basis - he has pretty much forced me to post here as he says it's pretty creepy I read but don't engage! ( my apologies for the creepy-ness but I am annoyingly socially awkward)
    Anyway, I wanted to post to say thank you to all of you for entertaining me and making me laugh - and sometimes cry - daily. Also for motivating me. Due to the many discussions on beginning weight workouts etc in recent weeks I have been moved to restart this myself. Weights 3 times a week for the past 3 weeks - let's just hope I can keep it up.
    To sum up - thanks everyone for being a positive force in my life recently even though you didn't know it ( I'd insert a smiley face here but don't know how!) I shall crawl back under my rock now.....
  • crosbylee
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I started my fitness journey about 3 weeks ago. My initial weight was 215 lbs. and I am now at 203 lbs. I follow a strict Low-Carb diet ( 1500 calories) and a 25-minute fitness program. I want to reach 160 lbs. in the next 3 months. Any fitness and health advice are welcome and a special person to be my inspiration. :blush:

Congrats on the weight loss so far.

A few questions:

1. Do you have a medical condition to eat low carb?
    2. Why do you want to reach 160 pounds in 3 months?

My advice is if you don't have a medical condition to eat low carb then don't do it. Most people who eat low carb think they're losing weight since they're limiting their carbs when in reality they're eating less overall than they're burning thus creating a deficit to lose weight. Most once they're down to their desired weight go right back to the way they were eating before & gain weight from eating over their deficit. I always try & tell people to eat in a way that will be sustainable for life. Do you see yourself always limiting carbs once you reach your desired weight?

Why are you only eating 1,500 calories a day? Do you weigh your food on a food scale? If not then you could be eating way more than you think. Since you're a 34 year old male I am sure you would need a lot more than 1,500 calories a day. You should look up Scooby's accurate calorie calculator & input your numbers in there & see what it tells you to eat.

Why do you have to reach 160 pounds in 3 months? Event coming up?

Some people do better on low carb...like myself. I feel better, I sleep better...I think everyone is different.

Ditto. I haven't had pasta, rice or a sandwich in 7-8 weeks and I really don't care. I allow myself some potato every now and then. Some people adapt to low carb quite well, and I do think I could do this for the rest of my life. I miss fruit the most, but once I reach my goal weight I can lift it up to 100-150g carbs a day and easily squeeze in fruit :smile:
    I say don't knock it til you try it.

Edit, I'm a bit behind on this thread so apologies

I think I'd miss fruit the most too. I'm happy it's working out so well for you!!

I get sad when I go food shopping and have to walk past all the bright coloured fruit and just head for the veg. Courgette (zucchini I believe in America?) is my new best friend. :yum:

Do you like spaghetti squash? Every now & then I will make that & put a little salad dressing on it or chicken.

I've never heard of this! I've seen spaghetti courgette but not squash. Is it pre-spaghettied or do you have to do it yourself?

It is a squash that when cooked, comes out of the cut half like spaghetti strands. It is a good replacement for actual spaghetti noodles. I use it quite a bit. The texture is more like al dente spaghetti, a bit crunchy but it works. Google it or if you have Pinterest, look it up.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    Hi All, I have a major confession to make. I am a stalker! I have been following this thread since day one and reading ALL the comments daily. I even make references to this thread to my boyfriend on a semi regular basis - he has pretty much forced me to post here as he says it's pretty creepy I read but don't engage! ( my apologies for the creepy-ness but I am annoyingly socially awkward)
    Anyway, I wanted to post to say thank you to all of you for entertaining me and making me laugh - and sometimes cry - daily. Also for motivating me. Due to the many discussions on beginning weight workouts etc in recent weeks I have been moved to restart this myself. Weights 3 times a week for the past 3 weeks - let's just hope I can keep it up.
    To sum up - thanks everyone for being a positive force in my life recently even though you didn't know it ( I'd insert a smiley face here but don't know how!) I shall crawl back under my rock now.....

No don't crawl back under a rock! Welcome to the thread, post more often!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Morning all. Had quite a down day yesterday, very negative. Realised I hadn't taken my medication for 5 days. Yes, naughty I know. I get so out of routine at home on weekends, and by the time the reminders go off on my phone, Charlie and I are already out for the day. I know its no excuse.

I am just generally fed up with looking in the mirror and seeing roll of fat stacked on top of roll of fat to make up my body (sorry @girldownsouth ). I know change doesn't happen over night, but this is week 5 damnit!

I did hit the gym yesterday, did 6k run, PT session (full body work out) and a spin class. That will hopefully mitigate some of the cake batter and biscuit dough.

I'm sorry some of you guys are struggling with motivation. Is there anything we can do to help? What motivates you? Challenges? Accountability? Work out buddy? Competition?

I think we all need some more positivity in here. Changes won't be instant so we need to find a bit more happiness in who we are right now. So I want everyone to share something that they like about themselves now, not something that could be good after losing some weight, or with a bit of toning, but something about you that is already great. Because other people don't look at you and only see the negative, especially if you are focusing on the positive yourself. And your much more likely to succeed in the long run if it's not all a means to an end.

So I want to hear all about your great long legs, pert bums (@MoHousdon, I'm looking at you), delicate wrists, emerging collarbones etc. Go and look in the mirror and find something that makes you smile, right now!

I'll go first and say that I like my waist. I appreciate that whatever size I have been I have distinct curves, and that makes me feel better about myself.

Honestly, there is more to my body that I like than I dislike. SL 5X5's Lifting is responsible for a lot of that.

I can probably say the same (except that I don't do SL 5X5). I feel "fit" and "athletic" for the first time in my life.

I've always liked my eyes, they're an unusual dark grey colour. Sadly, for the longest time, my eyes were the ONLY thing I liked about myself.

But thanks to weightlifting I have all these cool hard muscley bits on my body. Sometimes I check them repeatedly to make sure they're still there and I'm not imagining it, lol.... and because I'm proud that I MADE THOSE.

Both of these! I'm constantly feeling myself up. I can't help it.

Ok Mo that didn't sound quite right (or I have a dirty mind) but I agree, I do the same thing.

Not my boobs, you perv! If I were feeling up my boobs, I'd be searching for days for something TO feel. :D I am referring to my shoulders, biceps, and triceps mostly.

Well I am even more perverted then you think then because when I read your post I wasn't thinking of your chest.

PATRICIA!!!! Shame on you! :blush:

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    *post date update*

first date #13

yet ANOTHER dude that has pics posted, that upon meeting in person, were VERY out of date.
    the funny bit being that he says to me, wow, you look just like your pictures!
    WHAT?!?! isn't that the point? and i flat out say to him, you look absolutely nothing like your pics!
    his reply? yeah, they're pretty old. *smh*

have a few beverages, pretty average basic conversation, dude was nice and all but seemed a lil toooooo laid back. like he had this grin on his face like 100% of the time and his eyes were never fully open. so after a few beverages i'm finally like what the hecks this dude's deal? so i simply ask him, dude, are you stoned? to which he starts laughing and he's like no no, i don't smoke pot. and i'm like dude, are you sure about that?? he laughs a bit more and says, well like klonopin and xanax...yeah. greaaaaaaaat.

AND he's drinking soda all night because he's got one of those built in court mandated car breathalyzers. now don't get me wrong, a designated driver is totally something i need in my life, and baby jesus knows i could easily be stuck in that situation given my shenanigans, but this dude was just not it. plus he smokes a pack and a half a day. no, no thank you.

first date #12 - update!
    after our super quick first date, he texts me and asks when we're going to watch documentaries together (i've previously confessed a love of all the docs on netflix). so i say, "well unless it's in a theater it's going to be a while. *stranger danger!*" and he replies, oh, ok, have you lost interest? and then anytime this dude texts me and i don't respond within an hour or so he'll send me another msg asking if i've lost interest. it's a bit irritating. i'm not seeing a second date.

whomp whomp whoooooooomp

Ohhh, a tranqued out chainsmoking guy with a DUI who misrepresents himself. Dream Guy.

And perhaps you should point out to #12 that, after one date, your interest isn't like super high to begin with, and he's kicking it down a notch every time he asks if you've lost interest so it's rapidly approaching a negative value.

Glad you're keeping your sense of humour about all this!
    I love bananas. I could probably eat a whole bunch in a day easily.

And I just weighed myself and had to gape at the scale. It said I was down seven pounds from last night. I repositioned the scale, got back on, and now I'm seven pounds up again. The weight slides back on SO easily. :lol:

This happens a lot because my scale is in my carpeted (ewww!) basement bathroom and tends to slide towards the wall, where it gets hung up on the bottom edge of the baseboard, giving a lower reading. This is how my SO manages to lose 8 lbs overnight.

He once lost 13 lbs overnight and was just thrilled. Suspicious me, I got on the scale the next morning and saw I was 9 lbs lower. That didn't seem right so I jumped on holding a 10 lb dumbbell. My weight didn't go up 10 lbs. While he was away at work I changed the battery without telling him... he regained his 13 lbs.

What did your SO say after he gained the 13 pounds back?

Just "Huh... I'm back up to 260 again".

It would have been much more dramatic if he'd seen it happen overnight since he was gone to work for 14 days, where he is fed by a caterer, and sometimes doesn't have the best choices available. He wants to eat more fish, but mentioned that they were offering salmon the other day that didn't look at all appetizing, so he had a different main course. A few times he's told me that the main supper meal was HOT DOGS... you're feeding (mainly) adult males, most of whom have just worked a demanding 12 hour shift, hot dogs??

I did tell him about the new battery as soon as he reported his weight.
  • crosbylee
    Options

Glad you did engage with us. Now just come back and keep letting us know how you are doing!! That's what this group is about.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options

I confess that this post made me confess something before I ended up in your situation.

I just bookmarked this post earlier this morning and I've already come back to read comments. There is a lot of funny stuff in here!
  • ythannah
    Options

That's quite an accomplishment. I <3 this thread dearly, and I haven't been able to keep up daily.

Good job taking up weights, you'll love the results. I found that it quickly became a habit, then an essential part of my routine... now I MISS lifting when I can't do it (like when travelling).
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    NSV - Finally got daughter into the weight room!!!! Yay. It was mostly older women, as in retired age women, an older man, a younger man and us. She did it and will return with me. The older women (3 of them) seemed to be taking a semi-private training session as the younger man moved among them gently giving them directions and telling them what exercise to do. It was great to see and they looked pretty fit!

That's great! And what a fun way to train those older ladies have found. I think I might have been intimidated by a personal.trainer when I first started. (Like I said, I went to spot for hubby and git bored.)

Nice! The ladies did seem to be having fun.

Just imagine all of us in a big weight room. We would be having a ball!

I would love that so much!

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    lilawolf wrote: »
    I confess that I skip all of the political posts on Facebook and most of the news stories, not because I don't want to be an informed person, because I really do, but because I can't stand all of the negativity (on both/all sides). I wish that there was a way to get the honest facts about topics so that I could create an informed opinion. Instead, it's like panning for gold in a feedlot.

7pxn4l6vyj9n.gif
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    NSV - Finally got daughter into the weight room!!!! Yay. It was mostly older women, as in retired age women, an older man, a younger man and us. She did it and will return with me. The older women (3 of them) seemed to be taking a semi-private training session as the younger man moved among them gently giving them directions and telling them what exercise to do. It was great to see and they looked pretty fit!

That's great! And what a fun way to train those older ladies have found. I think I might have been intimidated by a personal.trainer when I first started. (Like I said, I went to spot for hubby and git bored.)

That would be so fun! Lifting together!

It would be the craziest mixture of absolute support, TMI, and talking smack! @m1xm0d3 would you be up for such a weight room?

But of course! :mrgreen:

YAY!!! Where would we do this? Everyone (mostly) is so spread out.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    My 18 year old (Son 1) started college today with scholarships to cover it all. This is the one with autism. I am a proud mama today.

That is awesome!! Congrats to you..proud Mama. And of course, to him as well!! :)

Agreed!

• ythannah
    Options

I would love that so much!

I sometimes imagine some of the lifters here are with me when I'm doing my thing. Actually, the words of encouragement that I mentally attribute to you guys are often what gets me through my last set of squats.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    For some of my friends who have started running or are interested in running but are afraid to because they think they are too heavy, you should check out this woman:

http://fatgirlrunning-fatrunner.blogspot.com/

I read an article about her in Runner's World magazine, that I am going to send to my MFP friends that I have email addresses for. She is inspiring, clearly vastly intelligent and talented and a dedicated runner who does not let her size define her. You should check it out.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Morning all. Had quite a down day yesterday, very negative. Realised I hadn't taken my medication for 5 days. Yes, naughty I know. I get so out of routine at home on weekends, and by the time the reminders go off on my phone, Charlie and I are already out for the day. I know its no excuse.

I am just generally fed up with looking in the mirror and seeing roll of fat stacked on top of roll of fat to make up my body (sorry @girldownsouth ). I know change doesn't happen over night, but this is week 5 damnit!

I did hit the gym yesterday, did 6k run, PT session (full body work out) and a spin class. That will hopefully mitigate some of the cake batter and biscuit dough.

I'm sorry some of you guys are struggling with motivation. Is there anything we can do to help? What motivates you? Challenges? Accountability? Work out buddy? Competition?

I think we all need some more positivity in here. Changes won't be instant so we need to find a bit more happiness in who we are right now. So I want everyone to share something that they like about themselves now, not something that could be good after losing some weight, or with a bit of toning, but something about you that is already great. Because other people don't look at you and only see the negative, especially if you are focusing on the positive yourself. And your much more likely to succeed in the long run if it's not all a means to an end.

So I want to hear all about your great long legs, pert bums (@MoHousdon, I'm looking at you), delicate wrists, emerging collarbones etc. Go and look in the mirror and find something that makes you smile, right now!

I'll go first and say that I like my waist. I appreciate that whatever size I have been I have distinct curves, and that makes me feel better about myself.

Honestly, there is more to my body that I like than I dislike. SL 5X5's Lifting is responsible for a lot of that.

I can probably say the same (except that I don't do SL 5X5). I feel "fit" and "athletic" for the first time in my life.

I've always liked my eyes, they're an unusual dark grey colour. Sadly, for the longest time, my eyes were the ONLY thing I liked about myself.

But thanks to weightlifting I have all these cool hard muscley bits on my body. Sometimes I check them repeatedly to make sure they're still there and I'm not imagining it, lol.... and because I'm proud that I MADE THOSE.

Both of these! I'm constantly feeling myself up. I can't help it.

Ok Mo that didn't sound quite right (or I have a dirty mind) but I agree, I do the same thing.

Not my boobs, you perv! If I were feeling up my boobs, I'd be searching for days for something TO feel. :D I am referring to my shoulders, biceps, and triceps mostly.

Well I am even more perverted then you think then because when I read your post I wasn't thinking of your chest.

PATRICIA!!!! Shame on you! :blush:

I confess I have been amazed you never responded to this! You are just really delayed! Sorry...I guess too much time reading romances??? (not that that is in any way romantic... but there you go!)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I started my fitness journey about 3 weeks ago. My initial weight was 215 lbs. and I am now at 203 lbs. I follow a strict Low-Carb diet ( 1500 calories) and a 25-minute fitness program. I want to reach 160 lbs. in the next 3 months. Any fitness and health advice are welcome and a special person to be my inspiration. :blush:

Congrats on the weight loss so far.

A few questions:

1. Do you have a medical condition to eat low carb?
    2. Why do you want to reach 160 pounds in 3 months?

My advice is if you don't have a medical condition to eat low carb then don't do it. Most people who eat low carb think they're losing weight since they're limiting their carbs when in reality they're eating less overall than they're burning thus creating a deficit to lose weight. Most once they're down to their desired weight go right back to the way they were eating before & gain weight from eating over their deficit. I always try & tell people to eat in a way that will be sustainable for life. Do you see yourself always limiting carbs once you reach your desired weight?

Why are you only eating 1,500 calories a day? Do you weigh your food on a food scale? If not then you could be eating way more than you think. Since you're a 34 year old male I am sure you would need a lot more than 1,500 calories a day. You should look up Scooby's accurate calorie calculator & input your numbers in there & see what it tells you to eat.

Why do you have to reach 160 pounds in 3 months? Event coming up?

Some people do better on low carb...like myself. I feel better, I sleep better...I think everyone is different.

Ditto. I haven't had pasta, rice or a sandwich in 7-8 weeks and I really don't care. I allow myself some potato every now and then. Some people adapt to low carb quite well, and I do think I could do this for the rest of my life. I miss fruit the most, but once I reach my goal weight I can lift it up to 100-150g carbs a day and easily squeeze in fruit :smile:
    I say don't knock it til you try it.

Edit, I'm a bit behind on this thread so apologies

I think I'd miss fruit the most too. I'm happy it's working out so well for you!!

I get sad when I go food shopping and have to walk past all the bright coloured fruit and just head for the veg. Courgette (zucchini I believe in America?) is my new best friend. :yum:

Do you like spaghetti squash? Every now & then I will make that & put a little salad dressing on it or chicken.

I've never heard of this! I've seen spaghetti courgette but not squash. Is it pre-spaghettied or do you have to do it yourself?

It is a squash that when cooked, comes out of the cut half like spaghetti strands. It is a good replacement for actual spaghetti noodles. I use it quite a bit. The texture is more like al dente spaghetti, a bit crunchy but it works. Google it or if you have Pinterest, look it up.

I tried it once. I thought it was gross.
  • Oberon21
    Options

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't go away! We need some new blood in here. Especially since our regulars are slowing down. Put it on your calendar and post 1 thought a day til you get comfortable! Most of us in here often didn't post anywhere else (myself included) for the same reason, but I am so glad I finally plunged in!

I am thinking of talking to the folks in the gym at work to do some weight training/education then trying the SL5x5 thing everyone is talking about... I am feeling left out... And I hate feeling left out!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. I lurked on the forums for months before I even considered making a post. There's an image board I've been checking daily since before the 2012 presidential elections. I've probably made around fifty posts on it.

I started exploring Reddit a while back and have made one post on it, lol.

I hope you stick around and post or read if that's what's you prefer :wink: