Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    Hi All, I have a major confession to make. I am a stalker! I have been following this thread since day one and reading ALL the comments daily. I even make references to this thread to my boyfriend on a semi regular basis - he has pretty much forced me to post here as he says it's pretty creepy I read but don't engage! ( my apologies for the creepy-ness but I am annoyingly socially awkward)
    Anyway, I wanted to post to say thank you to all of you for entertaining me and making me laugh - and sometimes cry - daily. Also for motivating me. Due to the many discussions on beginning weight workouts etc in recent weeks I have been moved to restart this myself. Weights 3 times a week for the past 3 weeks - let's just hope I can keep it up.
    To sum up - thanks everyone for being a positive force in my life recently even though you didn't know it ( I'd insert a smiley face here but don't know how!) I shall crawl back under my rock now.....

I confess that this post made me confess something before I ended up in your situation.

I just bookmarked this post earlier this morning and I've already come back to read comments. There is a lot of funny stuff in here!

Stick around we don't have enough testosterone in this thread. :) Thank goodness for mixmode! Even thought he is sticking to the bat cave these days.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Hi All, I have a major confession to make. I am a stalker! I have been following this thread since day one and reading ALL the comments daily. I even make references to this thread to my boyfriend on a semi regular basis - he has pretty much forced me to post here as he says it's pretty creepy I read but don't engage! ( my apologies for the creepy-ness but I am annoyingly socially awkward)
    Anyway, I wanted to post to say thank you to all of you for entertaining me and making me laugh - and sometimes cry - daily. Also for motivating me. Due to the many discussions on beginning weight workouts etc in recent weeks I have been moved to restart this myself. Weights 3 times a week for the past 3 weeks - let's just hope I can keep it up.
    To sum up - thanks everyone for being a positive force in my life recently even though you didn't know it ( I'd insert a smiley face here but don't know how!) I shall crawl back under my rock now.....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't go away! We need some new blood in here. Especially since our regulars are slowing down. Put it on your calendar and post 1 thought a day til you get comfortable! Most of us in here often didn't post anywhere else (myself included) for the same reason, but I am so glad I finally plunged in!

I am thinking of talking to the folks in the gym at work to do some weight training/education then trying the SL5x5 thing everyone is talking about... I am feeling left out... And I hate feeling left out!

You will love lifting! Let us know when you try it!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    lilawolf wrote: »
    I confess that I skip all of the political posts on Facebook and most of the news stories, not because I don't want to be an informed person, because I really do, but because I can't stand all of the negativity (on both/all sides). I wish that there was a way to get the honest facts about topics so that I could create an informed opinion. Instead, it's like panning for gold in a feedlot.

Journalism quit being fact gathering long ago. Now it is all who gets the information out first regardless of factual correctness as well as sensationalism. Most reporting has gone the way of Star magazine in terms of stories.

What do you expect in the world of 'reality' television?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    AND he's drinking soda all night because he's got one of those built in court mandated car breathalyzers. now don't get me wrong, a designated driver is totally something i need in my life, and baby jesus knows i could easily be stuck in that situation given my shenanigans, but this dude was just not it.
    You cannot criticise someone for drinking soda if they're driving, they damn well should be, as should you!

I am concerned about your attitude to drink driving and find it offensive. I know the culture in the UK is a bit different, there are very few people I think who would consider it anything but unacceptable. So many people get killed or suffer life changing injuries at the hands of drink drivers and it's so avoidable.

I apologise for going against the spirit of this thread, but I couldn't not say it. Just drink coke if you need to drive.

I don't think she was criticizing his decision to drink soda while driving. She was pointing out he had clearly already been in trouble for drink driving since he had a court mandated car breathalyzer. I'm with you in that I find drink-driving wholly unacceptable too, so I wouldn't be too impressed if someone required a breathalyzer in order to obey the law. Someone I'd steer clear of too! Hopefully that's cleared that up. Correct me if I'm wrong @KylerJaye.

yes, that's exactly what i meant! my problem wasn't the soda, it was why he *had* to drink soda.

also, because i know in my state those things aren't *first time offender* mandated.
    so there's a history there, plus he was taking prescription drugs in order to still have a buzz/high because they don't register on the interlock device. and i also witnessed him pop a pill during a conversation like it was nothing. twice.

*story update*
    narco dude sent me a text yesterday to tell me that he was in an accident and totaled his SUV. someone swerved in his lane, he completely lost control and slammed into a telephone pole. and my first thought was, well how many pills had you taken? which admittedly could happen to anyone, but there would always be that underlying issue with him.

besides the fact that i wasn't really attracted to anything about him...

I totally got what you meant and I wonder if they drug tested him...even if the guy swerved into his lane his reaction time was compromised. I would stay away from anyone with a court ordered breathalyzer ... I agree with you that speaks of serious drunk driving issues. Which means...likely alcoholic or a problem with alcohol.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

My powers continue! Welcome!

Side note: THIS IS EXACTLY WHY THIS THREAD IS SO IMPORTANT
  • arithmachick
    arithmachick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I own 1528 right now.

With my newfound power, I request that some of you lurkers (you know you're out there) say hi! :)

Hi!
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »

I confess that this post made me confess something before I ended up in your situation.

I just bookmarked this post earlier this morning and I've already come back to read comments. There is a lot of funny stuff in here!

Stick around we don't have enough testosterone in this thread. :) Thank goodness for mixmode! Even thought he is sticking to the bat cave these days.

Seconded. We always seem to scare the dudes off after a bit.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    I own 1528 right now.

With my newfound power, I request that some of you lurkers (you know you're out there) say hi! :)

Hi!

Hi back!
  • ejb060793
    ejb060793 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Whyyy would someone want to eat 30-50 bananas a day? Or even a week? WTH?

Or even in a lifetime..bananas for me ..yuck!!

I made the mistake of adding sliced bananas to my oatmeal the other morning.... thought that since bananas and cream oatmeal is good, homemade would be better... Mushy warm bananas are absolutely disgusting, just as an fyi. I know I overlogged calories for that day, since I couldn't actually finish breakfast =/

Nooo you are wrong. In the depths of winter when I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself and need a quick fix, I microwave some sliced bananas with honey on top. I'll grant you, it does look disgusting, but it taste NOMMY!

Maybe I just did it wrong then. I sliced the banana into little circle pieces, threw it in my oatmeal, added water, threw it in the microwave, then tried to eat it, and couldn't =/ Does it need to be mashed or sliced smaller or something ?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    lilawolf wrote: »
    I confess that I skip all of the political posts on Facebook and most of the news stories, not because I don't want to be an informed person, because I really do, but because I can't stand all of the negativity (on both/all sides). I wish that there was a way to get the honest facts about topics so that I could create an informed opinion. Instead, it's like panning for gold in a feedlot.

7pxn4l6vyj9n.gif
    Definitely. It's a big reason why I haven't been using Tumblr as much as I used to and why I don't read the comments on the new stories posted on Reddit.
    AND he's drinking soda all night because he's got one of those built in court mandated car breathalyzers. now don't get me wrong, a designated driver is totally something i need in my life, and baby jesus knows i could easily be stuck in that situation given my shenanigans, but this dude was just not it.
    You cannot criticise someone for drinking soda if they're driving, they damn well should be, as should you!

I am concerned about your attitude to drink driving and find it offensive. I know the culture in the UK is a bit different, there are very few people I think who would consider it anything but unacceptable. So many people get killed or suffer life changing injuries at the hands of drink drivers and it's so avoidable.

I apologise for going against the spirit of this thread, but I couldn't not say it. Just drink coke if you need to drive.

I don't think she was criticizing his decision to drink soda while driving. She was pointing out he had clearly already been in trouble for drink driving since he had a court mandated car breathalyzer. I'm with you in that I find drink-driving wholly unacceptable too, so I wouldn't be too impressed if someone required a breathalyzer in order to obey the law. Someone I'd steer clear of too! Hopefully that's cleared that up. Correct me if I'm wrong @KylerJaye.

yes, that's exactly what i meant! my problem wasn't the soda, it was why he *had* to drink soda.

also, because i know in my state those things aren't *first time offender* mandated.
    so there's a history there, plus he was taking prescription drugs in order to still have a buzz/high because they don't register on the interlock device. and i also witnessed him pop a pill during a conversation like it was nothing. twice.

*story update*
    narco dude sent me a text yesterday to tell me that he was in an accident and totaled his SUV. someone swerved in his lane, he completely lost control and slammed into a telephone pole. and my first thought was, well how many pills had you taken? which admittedly could happen to anyone, but there would always be that underlying issue with him.

besides the fact that i wasn't really attracted to anything about him...
    Even if it was a first time offender thing, being in the same car as someone with a required breathalyzer machine would scare the crap out of me. :s
    I love bananas. I could probably eat a whole bunch in a day easily.

And I just weighed myself and had to gape at the scale. It said I was down seven pounds from last night. I repositioned the scale, got back on, and now I'm seven pounds up again. The weight slides back on SO easily. :lol:

Sadly for me this is true. And my scale is on tile!
    On the instructions for my scale, it says to weigh yourself a few times to the most accurate reading. XD

I try very hard to keep it on the same square. I used my scale on a rug for the first time and was horrified to see a 145 because I was wayyy to squishy at the time to feel good in the 140s.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options

I made the mistake of adding sliced bananas to my oatmeal the other morning.... thought that since bananas and cream oatmeal is good, homemade would be better... Mushy warm bananas are absolutely disgusting, just as an fyi. I know I overlogged calories for that day, since I couldn't actually finish breakfast =/

Nooo you are wrong. In the depths of winter when I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself and need a quick fix, I microwave some sliced bananas with honey on top. I'll grant you, it does look disgusting, but it taste NOMMY!

Maybe I just did it wrong then. I sliced the banana into little circle pieces, threw it in my oatmeal, added water, threw it in the microwave, then tried to eat it, and couldn't =/ Does it need to be mashed or sliced smaller or something ?

I might have gone with sliced bananas over already cooked oatmeal in your case. With cinnamon, because cinnamon is amazing.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options

Yeeea! Well done!! I'm so pleased for you, and I do hope you can keep it up!

Please don't crawl under your rock, we like new people! If you ever need any advice, please come back!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I own 1528 right now.

Hi!

I confess your user name is super great.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

That's quite an accomplishment. I <3 this thread dearly, and I haven't been able to keep up daily.

Good job taking up weights, you'll love the results. I found that it quickly became a habit, then an essential part of my routine... now I MISS lifting when I can't do it (like when travelling).

Yup yup yup! I'm away next week. I have a feeling I'm going to be picking up sofas and stuff. Deadlift a small person or a dog...
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

Welcome to the group. Don't hide under the rock. Now you've said hello, join in. As you've read all the posts, you know a lot of us are socially awkward, do weird and embarrassing things and this is the place we embrace and celebrate those things.

• Lois_1989
    Options

I might have gone with sliced bananas over already cooked oatmeal in your case. With cinnamon, because cinnamon is amazing.

Pfft YES! I love baked apple with cinnamon and brown sugar. It reminds me of apple crumble. :yum:
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I started my fitness journey about 3 weeks ago. My initial weight was 215 lbs. and I am now at 203 lbs. I follow a strict Low-Carb diet ( 1500 calories) and a 25-minute fitness program. I want to reach 160 lbs. in the next 3 months. Any fitness and health advice are welcome and a special person to be my inspiration. :blush:

Congrats on the weight loss so far.

A few questions:

1. Do you have a medical condition to eat low carb?
    2. Why do you want to reach 160 pounds in 3 months?

My advice is if you don't have a medical condition to eat low carb then don't do it. Most people who eat low carb think they're losing weight since they're limiting their carbs when in reality they're eating less overall than they're burning thus creating a deficit to lose weight. Most once they're down to their desired weight go right back to the way they were eating before & gain weight from eating over their deficit. I always try & tell people to eat in a way that will be sustainable for life. Do you see yourself always limiting carbs once you reach your desired weight?

Why are you only eating 1,500 calories a day? Do you weigh your food on a food scale? If not then you could be eating way more than you think. Since you're a 34 year old male I am sure you would need a lot more than 1,500 calories a day. You should look up Scooby's accurate calorie calculator & input your numbers in there & see what it tells you to eat.

Why do you have to reach 160 pounds in 3 months? Event coming up?

Some people do better on low carb...like myself. I feel better, I sleep better...I think everyone is different.

Ditto. I haven't had pasta, rice or a sandwich in 7-8 weeks and I really don't care. I allow myself some potato every now and then. Some people adapt to low carb quite well, and I do think I could do this for the rest of my life. I miss fruit the most, but once I reach my goal weight I can lift it up to 100-150g carbs a day and easily squeeze in fruit :smile:
    I say don't knock it til you try it.

Edit, I'm a bit behind on this thread so apologies

I think I'd miss fruit the most too. I'm happy it's working out so well for you!!

I get sad when I go food shopping and have to walk past all the bright coloured fruit and just head for the veg. Courgette (zucchini I believe in America?) is my new best friend. :yum:

Do you like spaghetti squash? Every now & then I will make that & put a little salad dressing on it or chicken.

I've never heard of this! I've seen spaghetti courgette but not squash. Is it pre-spaghettied or do you have to do it yourself?

It is a squash that when cooked, comes out of the cut half like spaghetti strands. It is a good replacement for actual spaghetti noodles. I use it quite a bit. The texture is more like al dente spaghetti, a bit crunchy but it works. Google it or if you have Pinterest, look it up.

Its disgusting Don't do it.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    nuffer wrote: »
    Back in the '80s I had a lot of bandanas.

I confess that I when I read this the first time, I thought it said "bananas" and wondered why you stopped eating them. LOL!

Didn't everyone have a lot of bandanas in the 80s?

I did too since we were talking about the ripeness of bananas previous to that!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I started my fitness journey about 3 weeks ago. My initial weight was 215 lbs. and I am now at 203 lbs. I follow a strict Low-Carb diet ( 1500 calories) and a 25-minute fitness program. I want to reach 160 lbs. in the next 3 months. Any fitness and health advice are welcome and a special person to be my inspiration. :blush:

A few questions:

My advice is if you don't have a medical condition to eat low carb then don't do it. Most people who eat low carb think they're losing weight since they're limiting their carbs when in reality they're eating less overall than they're burning thus creating a deficit to lose weight. Most once they're down to their desired weight go right back to the way they were eating before & gain weight from eating over their deficit. I always try & tell people to eat in a way that will be sustainable for life. Do you see yourself always limiting carbs once you reach your desired weight?

Why are you only eating 1,500 calories a day? Do you weigh your food on a food scale? If not then you could be eating way more than you think. Since you're a 34 year old male I am sure you would need a lot more than 1,500 calories a day. You should look up Scooby's accurate calorie calculator & input your numbers in there & see what it tells you to eat.

Some people do better on low carb...like myself. I feel better, I sleep better...I think everyone is different.

Ditto. I haven't had pasta, rice or a sandwich in 7-8 weeks and I really don't care. I allow myself some potato every now and then. Some people adapt to low carb quite well, and I do think I could do this for the rest of my life. I miss fruit the most, but once I reach my goal weight I can lift it up to 100-150g carbs a day and easily squeeze in fruit :smile:

I think I'd miss fruit the most too. I'm happy it's working out so well for you!!

I get sad when I go food shopping and have to walk past all the bright coloured fruit and just head for the veg. Courgette (zucchini I believe in America?) is my new best friend. :yum:

Do you like spaghetti squash? Every now & then I will make that & put a little salad dressing on it or chicken.

I've never heard of this! I've seen spaghetti courgette but not squash. Is it pre-spaghettied or do you have to do it yourself?

I am bad at describing recipes so I'll post this http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/cooking/a/spagsquash.htm

Here's some recipes that I found on Pinterest (haven't tried any since I usually just use dressing & chicken)

http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Spaghetti-Squash-Toppings-35985678

http://www.sweet-remedy.com/2014/01/spaghetti-squash-lasagna-bowls/

Love spaghetti squash!
  • Lois_1989
    Options

A few questions:

It is a squash that when cooked, comes out of the cut half like spaghetti strands. It is a good replacement for actual spaghetti noodles. I use it quite a bit. The texture is more like al dente spaghetti, a bit crunchy but it works. Google it or if you have Pinterest, look it up.

Its disgusting Don't do it.

Ha ha ha conflicting advice!! What to do!! Squash(es?) are pretty big aren't they. I might have to find a back up for the other half if it goes wrong...