Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Candy corn is a hit or miss for me, truly depends on the day. Now there is this super hard taffy kinda deal that is given out during Halloween (Orange wrapper). I LOVELOVELOVE them.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I haven't been very active recently, but I have been reading along. Am struggling a bit at the moment, for no particular reason. I really need to get back to exercising, but seem to have mislaid my motivation.

Me too! Hopefully now that stitches are out and I am green lighted to exercise again I'll get my mojo back. Anything I can do to help?

Great to hear your stitches our out! Any big races coming up?

Ironman Wisconsin in 3 weeks. Yikes! Why why why don't I train?!!! (That procrastination piece I mentioned).

I can't imagine trying that without training but yay!! you'll be in my neck of the woods :)

It's not fun. Where are you?

Madison area

I've spent a ton of time in Madison. In a previous job, I had a lot of projects at a building in Windsor, WI. Gorgeous city. :)

I have another coworker doing Ironman Wisconsin, I don't think he's properly trained either...

On a side note, I started this week over 3,500 posts behind in this thread and I've skimmed my way to 590.
    That's how slow my work week has been. Ha!
    I haven't commented before now, but I definitely wanted to get up to speed on how my friends have been during my absence.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I don't know what candy corn is.

I am waiting for my new dumb bells to be delivered so i can commence awesome arm workouts

You don't know what candy corn is???? How is that possible? Well it is a Halloween staple in the US. I have no idea how common it is in other parts of the world. I can't think of how to describe it except it's basically pure sugar in like a pyramid shape and it's 3 stacked colors orange, yellow and brown. Hence the eating them in sections by color.

We don't have it in the UK...i think. I've never seen it or heard or it and my grandparents used to own a sweet shop.

Candy_corn_strewn_on_a_black_background.jpg

Candy corn. They're small, probably less than an inch high. Dominant flavour is pure sugar, no resemblance to corn whatsoever.

I can't think of any way to describe what they taste like but I did tr a recipe once for homemade butterfingers. The inside was made from mixing peanut butter and melted candy corns. So if you've ever had butterfingers...that might give you an idea..?
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I think today calls for a meal of leftover chocolate cake that mom brought me yesterday. YOLO, right? :wink:
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    I think today calls for a meal of leftover chocolate cake that mom brought me yesterday. YOLO, right? :wink:

I ate chocolate cake for lunch on Tuesday...too much though. :(
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Lol! I had to lighten it up today, considering my lunch yesterday was a barbecue sandwich, fries, chicken quesadilla, and sweet tea from cookout. :laugh:
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I have a question...anyone can answer it, but I'm definitely focusing it towards those who lift...are you finding you're having to eat more? I am hungry all the time now! I'm eating more and not gaining weight which is good, but I feel like I'm scared to eat too much after trying to lose weight. I don't really want to lose any more weight, and I know I need to eat enough to support my lifting goals. Anyone want to share their weight, height, calorie intake, and exercise level??

Unless anyone thinks this will hijack the thread...if so, I can ask the question in the bat cave!

If you're eating more and not gaining weight then it sounds like you are doing it correctly! I can't remember if I felt like I needed more food - I've only been doing SL since this summer, but did circuty things for a few years before that.

5'5", ~135, 2100-2300, and moderately active (~12k steps a day, lifting 2-3 times a week, running a couple times (not lately though), some yoga)

5'7", 135...I have a desk job but I lift heavy 4 times a week. I've been eating 1600-1700 but some days it just doesn't feel like enough. Keep in mind, lifting is really my only exercise...no cardio.

Maybe there are better answers I haven't gotten to yet, but I'll chime in. I'm 5'2", 140 lbs, I work a desk job as well and my trainer wanted me eating 2100 calories to maintain while lifting (4 workouts a week). So I definitely think you need to up your calories!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    So, can anyone tell me what flavour candy corn is supposed to be?

I've eaten a single piece in my entire lifetime and don't want to repeat the experience, but I'd like to know what it's supposed to taste like, haha.

ditto to all of this lol
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    petunia773 wrote: »
    I was away from MFP for a few weeks but I'm back now. I want to join the "Batcave" group but can't find the link and don't remember what it's called. Can someone post the link? Thanks a bunch!

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106593-confession-is-good-for-the-soul-the-batcave
    "Clusterf---" doesn't even begin to describe today. On a good note, today is $.50 corn dogs at sonic! :)

So I've heard...

Sorry about the clusterf---. Hope things are getting better now!
    I have a question...anyone can answer it, but I'm definitely focusing it towards those who lift...are you finding you're having to eat more? I am hungry all the time now! I'm eating more and not gaining weight which is good, but I feel like I'm scared to eat too much after trying to lose weight. I don't really want to lose any more weight, and I know I need to eat enough to support my lifting goals. Anyone want to share their weight, height, calorie intake, and exercise level??

Unless anyone thinks this will hijack the thread...if so, I can ask the question in the bat cave!

I'm not the best person to answer this since one of my BP meds has the (unusual) side effect of completely killing my appetite/hunger, so I'm not the best barometer of hunger. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Thanks!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

I am waiting for my new dumb bells to be delivered so i can commence awesome arm workouts

You don't know what candy corn is???? How is that possible? Well it is a Halloween staple in the US. I have no idea how common it is in other parts of the world. I can't think of how to describe it except it's basically pure sugar in like a pyramid shape and it's 3 stacked colors orange, yellow and brown. Hence the eating them in sections by color.

We don't have it in the UK...i think. I've never seen it or heard or it and my grandparents used to own a sweet shop.

Candy corn. They're small, probably less than an inch high. Dominant flavour is pure sugar, no resemblance to corn whatsoever.

This is the coloring I remember. The brown reference was very confusing. :D

The brown ones are "Indian" corn. They also come in approximately 65 different color combinations and flavors now though. Some fall-inspired (caramel apple), and some just weird (cotton candy).

Are they hard? I'm quite intrigued, should've tried them when I was in America.

You'd have to look really hard to find them if it's not fall, they come out usually September to December then they're gone again!

Maybe the different colors only come out during the fall but you can find candy corn anytime of the year. I know this because I love candy corn!! I swear nothing is too sweet for me. There was a nice older lady I used to work with that would bring me a bag of candy corn just because. I don't usually buy it because I will eat until I get a stomach ache. I also like to eat it one color at a time and the orange, yellow & white ones are the best.

This is me too- when people say things are too sweet for them I just can't comprehend that statement!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Lol! I had to lighten it up today, considering my lunch yesterday was a barbecue sandwich, fries, chicken quesadilla, and sweet tea from cookout. :laugh:

Ugh that sounds heavenly!!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Would you like a gross confession? I will give you a gross confession. Don't say I didn't warn you.

There's this thing called 'baby brain' or 'pregnancy brain' which I thought was a bit of a myth but might just have something to it. I've found myself of late nearly leaving the house with no shoes on, or putting the milk in the oven and other such random things. I put it down to having more important/interesting/cute things to think about.

Well the other night I went for a pee but forgot to pull my knickers down! I pulled down my trousers and just plain forgot I had knickers on at all. In my defense, they were tiny knickers and I can't see past my bump anymore. But still. Gross. Only noticed when I went to wipe. Argh! Knickers went straight in the washing machine. Thank goodness it was only a number one (they'd have gone in the bin!).

Told you it was a gross confession.

HAHAHA this is so funny.

Gross confession: I did something similar once, but mine was because of alcohol... :blush:
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

If you're eating more and not gaining weight then it sounds like you are doing it correctly! I can't remember if I felt like I needed more food - I've only been doing SL since this summer, but did circuty things for a few years before that.

5'5", ~135, 2100-2300, and moderately active (~12k steps a day, lifting 2-3 times a week, running a couple times (not lately though), some yoga)

5'7", 135...I have a desk job but I lift heavy 4 times a week. I've been eating 1600-1700 but some days it just doesn't feel like enough. Keep in mind, lifting is really my only exercise...no cardio.

Maybe there are better answers I haven't gotten to yet, but I'll chime in. I'm 5'2", 140 lbs, I work a desk job as well and my trainer wanted me eating 2100 calories to maintain while lifting (4 workouts a week). So I definitely think you need to up your calories!

I vote up the calories and protein! I'm 5'7 or 8 depending who you ask. I work at a desk, lifting at least 2 times a week and run 3 times a week. I'm currently eating 2000 with 45 to 50% protein, currently losing slowly.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

The brown ones are "Indian" corn. They also come in approximately 65 different color combinations and flavors now though. Some fall-inspired (caramel apple), and some just weird (cotton candy).

You'd have to look really hard to find them if it's not fall, they come out usually September to December then they're gone again!

Maybe the different colors only come out during the fall but you can find candy corn anytime of the year. I know this because I love candy corn!! I swear nothing is too sweet for me. There was a nice older lady I used to work with that would bring me a bag of candy corn just because. I don't usually buy it because I will eat until I get a stomach ache. I also like to eat it one color at a time and the orange, yellow & white ones are the best.

This is me too- when people say things are too sweet for them I just can't comprehend that statement!

Seriously, SAME!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Update on my bat story: This is all way more serious than I thought it was going to be! I thought I could hand the bat over to a vet for care, get my dog a rabies shot and we could all carry on with our lives. But no. After health services phoned me yesterday I realized it was more serious. I took my dog to the vet yesterday and the vet told me that the bat will be tested for rabies, and if it's negative then everything is cool. BUT if it's positive, (if my understanding is correct) the province steps in and Freya goes into a 10 day quarantine. And I believe they ultimately get to decide her fate :scream: I'm going to be contacted by one or two people, probably on Monday because of all of this. I'm trying to keep a positive outlook that this little bat will be rabies free, but I'm a little worried.

In good news though, the little bat was moved to a wildlife rehabilitation center in the city and should make a full recovery :smile:
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »

I vote up the calories and protein! I'm 5'7 or 8 depending who you ask. I work at a desk, lifting at least 2 times a week and run 3 times a week. I'm currently eating 2000 with 45 to 50% protein, currently losing slowly.

I'm 5'3, 160 pounds, work at a desk and lift 3 times a week, and 2300 is my maintenance, so my vote is up the calories as well.
  • ShibaEars
    Options

Seriously, SAME!

Me too, there is very little I find too sweet.
  • kristinogrady77
    kristinogrady77 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am going to do a bit of grumbling, so please feel free to skim on by.

My work is really ticking me off this week. A coworker is on holiday, and she is the only one who knows how to do her job. They refuse to ever train anyone, but then I'm expected to know how to do everything when she's away. I have people coming up to me constantly to ask where things are kept, if certain things are done, etc. and I want to yell at them I DON'T KNOW! There is one tiny task she showed me how to do, and I was shown the day before her holiday started. She knew she was going to be away, why couldn't she have started training me on it a week or two before? I kind of feel like its a job security thing for her, if no one else knows her job, she can't be replaced.

Okay, venting over.

This is probably absolutely the case. I feel this way about my job and manager right now. I swear she Is deliberately not letting me get engaged in stuff so I am invisible. Incredibly frustrating. I keep trying to find opportunities to make myself visible but they are hit or miss. It's really messing with my self esteem like what... You don't think I am good enough? But I believe it's more a function of mismanagement and fear.

Oh my goodness. Right there with you. My boss is always trying to find something wrong. I'm an insurance agent, going on 2 years. My boss owns this place and has been one for "15 years." The things I do wrong like forgetting to print a declaration page is minor compared to what she's done. Let's try underinsuring houses and let's try double insuring. I can't go take pics if someone has a loss, I can't answer the phone. I'm not the type to keep my mouth shut but she turns it on me. I need to learn you can't argue with stupid. And almost got busted for typing this.... oops.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options

I was there September -March
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I am going to do a bit of grumbling, so please feel free to skim on by.

My work is really ticking me off this week. A coworker is on holiday, and she is the only one who knows how to do her job. They refuse to ever train anyone, but then I'm expected to know how to do everything when she's away. I have people coming up to me constantly to ask where things are kept, if certain things are done, etc. and I want to yell at them I DON'T KNOW! There is one tiny task she showed me how to do, and I was shown the day before her holiday started. She knew she was going to be away, why couldn't she have started training me on it a week or two before? I kind of feel like its a job security thing for her, if no one else knows her job, she can't be replaced.

Okay, venting over.

This is probably absolutely the case. I feel this way about my job and manager right now. I swear she Is deliberately not letting me get engaged in stuff so I am invisible. Incredibly frustrating. I keep trying to find opportunities to make myself visible but they are hit or miss. It's really messing with my self esteem like what... You don't think I am good enough? But I believe it's more a function of mismanagement and fear.

Oh my goodness. Right there with you. My boss is always trying to find something wrong. I'm an insurance agent, going on 2 years. My boss owns this place and has been one for "15 years." The things I do wrong like forgetting to print a declaration page is minor compared to what she's done. Let's try underinsuring houses and let's try double insuring. I can't go take pics if someone has a loss, I can't answer the phone. I'm not the type to keep my mouth shut but she turns it on me. I need to learn you can't argue with stupid. And almost got busted for typing this.... oops.

Well I know a lot of the women on this thread argue with me, but I believe its doubly hard for women working for women. There are so many layers of insecurities there that work against us.