Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Should I be worried that I have 666 calories left for the day? Am I about to be eternally damned?
    Looks like it's time to eat back some calories. >:)

Yes, I would most definitely eat something.

Done! Sadly it was M&Ms because I didn't post my daily goals today so there was no restriction. Why do I eat these? I don't even really like them... They are just THERE!

I tried the Candy Corn M&Ms & while they were pretty tasty they were way too sweet.

Mmm, yum. I'll be trying those soon! I love sweet things...I'm not sure I've ever thought something was too sweet...
    Cadbury creme eggs were overly sweet for me this year.

I like dark chocolate. I've been munching on endangered species salted caramel recently. I take one square ar a time but it's always mixed with another sweet at some point.

I've had ice cream, a milk fruit bar, and like three diet cokes today because of the dang heat. I'm running soon but I'm gonna hate not having extra cals for something nice at the end of the day.

I can't remember the last time I had a Cadbury egg! Did you end up getting your Panera dessert yet?
    Nah. I'd have to wait until Saturday or Sunday. If you want an egg now, I've seen Cadbury Scream eggs at CVS. I think they're just regular creme eggs with green food coloring. To me, the chocolate creme eggs were a lot better than the vanilla eggs. I do agree with @kellyjellybellyjelly about the Russel Stover eggs. I bought these the day after Easter and had a great time with most of em. Carrot cake and cookie dough were my favorite.

And as for how candy corn tastes... just pure sugar? I'm really awful at descriptions. XD
    Kuruschka wrote: »
    Girl Scout Cookies? I'm guessing a fund raiser like our "Bob A Job"?

qqvkqz669pqy.png

I am so glad that I don't live in the US and we don't have this "problem" in South Africa
    I didn't try Doozy Does until this year and they are probably my favorites. They've given me such a hankering for oatmeal desserts.
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I eat zucchini almost every day. Just raw, sliced into coins, and dipped into spicy mustard!!! Nom nom nom.

No judgement but EWWW HOW?! I tried it raw once, nope never again. Now cooked with some lemon juice nomnom
    I personally don't like cooking veggies a lot because I'm lazy and would rather just cut everything up and leave it at that.
    Update on my bat story: This is all way more serious than I thought it was going to be! I thought I could hand the bat over to a vet for care, get my dog a rabies shot and we could all carry on with our lives. But no. After health services phoned me yesterday I realized it was more serious. I took my dog to the vet yesterday and the vet told me that the bat will be tested for rabies, and if it's negative then everything is cool. BUT if it's positive, (if my understanding is correct) the province steps in and Freya goes into a 10 day quarantine. And I believe they ultimately get to decide her fate :scream: I'm going to be contacted by one or two people, probably on Monday because of all of this. I'm trying to keep a positive outlook that this little bat will be rabies free, but I'm a little worried.

In good news though, the little bat was moved to a wildlife rehabilitation center in the city and should make a full recovery :smile:
    They're able to preform a test on the live bat for rabies? I hope everything comes out okay for you and Freya!

I just got a phone call from a Dr - can I just say it's alarming to see "Gov't of Alberta" pop up on your call display? Apparently the guy yesterday was wrong, the bat was too injured and had to be euthanized. (sorry little bat!). They're going to be testing it but won't have results until Wednesday or Thursday. I'm sure everything will be fine but I'll be happy when I know for sure!

Aww poor little bat. But at least he was put out of his misery. :(
  • Oberon21
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Would you like a gross confession? I will give you a gross confession. Don't say I didn't warn you.

There's this thing called 'baby brain' or 'pregnancy brain' which I thought was a bit of a myth but might just have something to it. I've found myself of late nearly leaving the house with no shoes on, or putting the milk in the oven and other such random things. I put it down to having more important/interesting/cute things to think about.

Well the other night I went for a pee but forgot to pull my knickers down! I pulled down my trousers and just plain forgot I had knickers on at all. In my defense, they were tiny knickers and I can't see past my bump anymore. But still. Gross. Only noticed when I went to wipe. Argh! Knickers went straight in the washing machine. Thank goodness it was only a number one (they'd have gone in the bin!).

Told you it was a gross confession.

HAHAHA this is so funny.

Gross confession: I did something similar once, but mine was because of alcohol... :blush:

I am really embarrassed now that I was neither pregnant nor drunk when I made that error! Just in a hurry!

No worries--I've done it a few times when I just couldn't hold it anymore! I would get to the bathroom in time, but not get "all the way" to the bathroom in time, if you know what I mean. :D Luckily I was always at home...

See, this is another perfect example of how we all think we have been the ONLY one to do something super embarrassing, and at least 4 of us have now owned up to having done it before!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Would you like a gross confession? I will give you a gross confession. Don't say I didn't warn you.

There's this thing called 'baby brain' or 'pregnancy brain' which I thought was a bit of a myth but might just have something to it. I've found myself of late nearly leaving the house with no shoes on, or putting the milk in the oven and other such random things. I put it down to having more important/interesting/cute things to think about.

Well the other night I went for a pee but forgot to pull my knickers down! I pulled down my trousers and just plain forgot I had knickers on at all. In my defense, they were tiny knickers and I can't see past my bump anymore. But still. Gross. Only noticed when I went to wipe. Argh! Knickers went straight in the washing machine. Thank goodness it was only a number one (they'd have gone in the bin!).

HAHAHA this is so funny.

Gross confession: I did something similar once, but mine was because of alcohol... :blush:

I am really embarrassed now that I was neither pregnant nor drunk when I made that error! Just in a hurry!

No worries--I've done it a few times when I just couldn't hold it anymore! I would get to the bathroom in time, but not get "all the way" to the bathroom in time, if you know what I mean. :D Luckily I was always at home...

See, this is another perfect example of how we all think we have been the ONLY one to do something super embarrassing, and at least 4 of us have now owned up to having done it before!

It is for this reason that I kind of wish the internet & smart phones had existed in my teen years (okay, the internet DID exist, but it wasn't the same). I could've looked up so many things I was unsure/embarrassed about and realized I was normal! Instead my insecurities grew and I kept things to myself that really didn't need to be a secret!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options

HAHAHA this is so funny.

It is for this reason that I kind of wish the internet & smart phones had existed in my teen years (okay, the internet DID exist, but it wasn't the same). I could've looked up so many things I was unsure/embarrassed about and realized I was normal! Instead my insecurities grew and I kept things to myself that really didn't need to be a secret!

Amen to that.

And cell phones and internet did NOT exist in my teen years... I don't even think cordless phones were around at that time. (I could be wrong about that last one, we were always that last family to get anything, everyone else had colour TV before we did.)
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options

HAHAHA this is so funny.

Once when I was in middle school (I think), I took the bus home having to pee really really bad. My mom was always working past the time I got home from school, and my brother's bus arrived home before mine. I got there and the key wasn't in its hiding spot- my brother must have left it inside. I pounded on the door and screamed for him to let me in. He was in there watching the TV on an extremely high volume. I screamed at him for a couple of minutes but I wasn't able to hold it and peed all over myself right in my garage. So embarrassing... I'm glad no neighbors came to check on me in that state.

I think that was my first time using the washing machine, too :lol:
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

You totally crack me up! Pregnancy Brain is real people!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    *peeping head back out from under aforementioned rock... Just to say thanks that you regular posters are so welcoming to newbies. Even creepy stalker types like me. In fact, your responses lifted my mood so much last night that despite being horribly hungover (due to unexpected week night drinking caused by boyfriend losing his job) I moved my fat backside down to the spare room and got my weights done. Admittedly not the best workout I've ever done - and I did eat a bag of crisps afterward- but it's at least a half-win surely?!
    Totally a win. Yay!!

Agreed! You're a rock star.

Haha, I see what you did there...with the ROCK...
    But I agree! Nice job, Cosmo!

Haha I didn't even think about that, but that's pretty awesome :).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I don't know what candy corn is.

I am waiting for my new dumb bells to be delivered so i can commence awesome arm workouts

You don't know what candy corn is???? How is that possible? Well it is a Halloween staple in the US. I have no idea how common it is in other parts of the world. I can't think of how to describe it except it's basically pure sugar in like a pyramid shape and it's 3 stacked colors orange, yellow and brown. Hence the eating them in sections by color.

Candy corn is unheard of in the UK. I only know what it is because I make dollhouse miniatures for a US-centric market and kept seeing other miniaturists making them. I've no idea what they actually taste of having never seen a real-life one.

In good news I went for a swim today. It was very slow-going but at least I went. Also my one-piece costume now only just fits. I had to model it in front of the hubby to check nothing was trying to escape 'down there'. With the growing bump I can't see for myself anymore! Time for a new swimming costume methinks.

It's phrases like these that make me love the international dynamic we have in here.

Confession: I took today off with the intention of getting lots of homework done. I'm now thinking about baking something and watching documentaries all day. Motivation fail. ;)

Sounds like a fun day to me. What did you end up watching?
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »

I am waiting for my new dumb bells to be delivered so i can commence awesome arm workouts

You don't know what candy corn is???? How is that possible? Well it is a Halloween staple in the US. I have no idea how common it is in other parts of the world. I can't think of how to describe it except it's basically pure sugar in like a pyramid shape and it's 3 stacked colors orange, yellow and brown. Hence the eating them in sections by color.

We don't have it in the UK...i think. I've never seen it or heard or it and my grandparents used to own a sweet shop.

Candy_corn_strewn_on_a_black_background.jpg

Candy corn. They're small, probably less than an inch high. Dominant flavour is pure sugar, no resemblance to corn whatsoever.

This is the coloring I remember. The brown reference was very confusing. :D

The brown ones are "Indian" corn. They also come in approximately 65 different color combinations and flavors now though. Some fall-inspired (caramel apple), and some just weird (cotton candy).

Are they hard? I'm quite intrigued, should've tried them when I was in America.

You'd have to look really hard to find them if it's not fall, they come out usually September to December then they're gone again!

I was there September -March

Hm they should've been pretty easy to find! You were in VA most the time correct?

Yeah, but I didn't look :) Didn't know about it until this conversation!

If you come here first you have to look if we go over there first we'll bring some to you!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    okay biker chick selfies in the random pic thread

Yesssss!! This will make my day!! :)
  • Oberon21
    Options

We don't have it in the UK...i think. I've never seen it or heard or it and my grandparents used to own a sweet shop.

Candy corn. They're small, probably less than an inch high. Dominant flavour is pure sugar, no resemblance to corn whatsoever.

The brown ones are "Indian" corn. They also come in approximately 65 different color combinations and flavors now though. Some fall-inspired (caramel apple), and some just weird (cotton candy).

You'd have to look really hard to find them if it's not fall, they come out usually September to December then they're gone again!

Hm they should've been pretty easy to find! You were in VA most the time correct?

If you come here first you have to look if we go over there first we'll bring some to you!

Good point they will be here first in April...
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I think today calls for a meal of leftover chocolate cake that mom brought me yesterday. YOLO, right? :wink:

I ate chocolate cake for lunch on Tuesday...too much though. :(

Lol! I had to lighten it up today, considering my lunch yesterday was a barbecue sandwich, fries, chicken quesadilla, and sweet tea from cookout. :laugh:

Ugh that sounds heavenly!!

Oh it was lol!
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options

Deal!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Should I be worried that I have 666 calories left for the day? Am I about to be eternally damned?
    Looks like it's time to eat back some calories. >:)

Yes, I would most definitely eat something.

Done! Sadly it was M&Ms because I didn't post my daily goals today so there was no restriction. Why do I eat these? I don't even really like them... They are just THERE!

I tried the Candy Corn M&Ms & while they were pretty tasty they were way too sweet.

Mmm, yum. I'll be trying those soon! I love sweet things...I'm not sure I've ever thought something was too sweet...
    Cadbury creme eggs were overly sweet for me this year.

I like dark chocolate. I've been munching on endangered species salted caramel recently. I take one square ar a time but it's always mixed with another sweet at some point.

I've had ice cream, a milk fruit bar, and like three diet cokes today because of the dang heat. I'm running soon but I'm gonna hate not having extra cals for something nice at the end of the day.

I can't remember the last time I had a Cadbury egg! Did you end up getting your Panera dessert yet?
    Nah. I'd have to wait until Saturday or Sunday. If you want an egg now, I've seen Cadbury Scream eggs at CVS. I think they're just regular creme eggs with green food coloring. To me, the chocolate creme eggs were a lot better than the vanilla eggs. I do agree with @kellyjellybellyjelly about the Russel Stover eggs. I bought these the day after Easter and had a great time with most of em. Carrot cake and cookie dough were my favorite.

And as for how candy corn tastes... just pure sugar? I'm really awful at descriptions. XD
    Kuruschka wrote: »
    Girl Scout Cookies? I'm guessing a fund raiser like our "Bob A Job"?

qqvkqz669pqy.png

I am so glad that I don't live in the US and we don't have this "problem" in South Africa
    I didn't try Doozy Does until this year and they are probably my favorites. They've given me such a hankering for oatmeal desserts.
    I eat zucchini almost every day. Just raw, sliced into coins, and dipped into spicy mustard!!! Nom nom nom.

No judgement but EWWW HOW?! I tried it raw once, nope never again. Now cooked with some lemon juice nomnom
    I personally don't like cooking veggies a lot because I'm lazy and would rather just cut everything up and leave it at that.
    Update on my bat story: This is all way more serious than I thought it was going to be! I thought I could hand the bat over to a vet for care, get my dog a rabies shot and we could all carry on with our lives. But no. After health services phoned me yesterday I realized it was more serious. I took my dog to the vet yesterday and the vet told me that the bat will be tested for rabies, and if it's negative then everything is cool. BUT if it's positive, (if my understanding is correct) the province steps in and Freya goes into a 10 day quarantine. And I believe they ultimately get to decide her fate :scream: I'm going to be contacted by one or two people, probably on Monday because of all of this. I'm trying to keep a positive outlook that this little bat will be rabies free, but I'm a little worried.

In good news though, the little bat was moved to a wildlife rehabilitation center in the city and should make a full recovery :smile:
    They're able to preform a test on the live bat for rabies? I hope everything comes out okay for you and Freya!

I just got a phone call from a Dr - can I just say it's alarming to see "Gov't of Alberta" pop up on your call display? Apparently the guy yesterday was wrong, the bat was too injured and had to be euthanized. (sorry little bat!). They're going to be testing it but won't have results until Wednesday or Thursday. I'm sure everything will be fine but I'll be happy when I know for sure!
    Oh no! I just checked in here and read about this. I really hope Freya is ok. Also I'm a bit sad about the bat, rabid or not. I like bats.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

Top post! Extra points for saying 'knickers' so many times. That needs to be adopted here. I hate 'panties' - makes me think of perverts.

Pregnancy brain is indeed a real thing. Good news is it doesn't last forever!

• Oberon21
    Options
    Sigh I really am having a self indulgent night. Skipped all exercise. Just spent way too much money on 2 pairs of boots, a pair of flats. A skirt, pair of pants and an exercise top. Also 2 candles. I needed none of it. Now I'll go buy my replacement eye glasses that I actually need!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

A coworker laughed at me the day I ate raw mushrooms with just a little bit of seasoning on them.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I think today calls for a meal of leftover chocolate cake that mom brought me yesterday. YOLO, right? :wink:

I ate chocolate cake for lunch on Tuesday...too much though. :(

Lol! I had to lighten it up today, considering my lunch yesterday was a barbecue sandwich, fries, chicken quesadilla, and sweet tea from cookout. :laugh:

Ugh that sounds heavenly!!

I know right? Too bad there's none of these places up North.

http://cookoutnc.com/

Here's the site.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    Sigh I really am having a self indulgent night. Skipped all exercise. Just spent way too much money on 2 pairs of boots, a pair of flats. A skirt, pair of pants and an exercise top. Also 2 candles. I needed none of it. Now I'll go buy my replacement eye glasses that I actually need!

I seldom spend "way too much money" in one go, but I'm sure I spend more dribbling it out on a continuous basis on stuff I don't need.

I'm beginning to think I might have a bit of a shopping addiction.

But I'll still enjoy seeing pics of the boots! :p
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »

Maybe the different colors only come out during the fall but you can find candy corn anytime of the year. I know this because I love candy corn!! I swear nothing is too sweet for me. There was a nice older lady I used to work with that would bring me a bag of candy corn just because. I don't usually buy it because I will eat until I get a stomach ache. I also like to eat it one color at a time and the orange, yellow & white ones are the best.

This is me too- when people say things are too sweet for them I just can't comprehend that statement!

Seriously, SAME!

The only things I've found way too sweet since losing weight have been Talenti's Lisbon Lemon Sorbetto (ugh this was so nauseatingly sweet I could barely finish it) & the Candy Corn M&Ms.