Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Update on my bat story: This is all way more serious than I thought it was going to be! I thought I could hand the bat over to a vet for care, get my dog a rabies shot and we could all carry on with our lives. But no. After health services phoned me yesterday I realized it was more serious. I took my dog to the vet yesterday and the vet told me that the bat will be tested for rabies, and if it's negative then everything is cool. BUT if it's positive, (if my understanding is correct) the province steps in and Freya goes into a 10 day quarantine. And I believe they ultimately get to decide her fate :scream: I'm going to be contacted by one or two people, probably on Monday because of all of this. I'm trying to keep a positive outlook that this little bat will be rabies free, but I'm a little worried.

In good news though, the little bat was moved to a wildlife rehabilitation center in the city and should make a full recovery :smile:

Fingers crossed for Freya and you!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    onmyweigh_ wrote: »
    I had chicken wings and mini eggs for dinner last night
    I didn't realize you meant the chocolates at first and assumed you meant quail eggs or something :lol:

• LBuehrle8
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I don't know what candy corn is.

I am waiting for my new dumb bells to be delivered so i can commence awesome arm workouts

You don't know what candy corn is???? How is that possible? Well it is a Halloween staple in the US. I have no idea how common it is in other parts of the world. I can't think of how to describe it except it's basically pure sugar in like a pyramid shape and it's 3 stacked colors orange, yellow and brown. Hence the eating them in sections by color.

We don't have it in the UK...i think. I've never seen it or heard or it and my grandparents used to own a sweet shop.

Candy_corn_strewn_on_a_black_background.jpg

Candy corn. They're small, probably less than an inch high. Dominant flavour is pure sugar, no resemblance to corn whatsoever.

This is the coloring I remember. The brown reference was very confusing. :D

The brown ones are "Indian" corn. They also come in approximately 65 different color combinations and flavors now though. Some fall-inspired (caramel apple), and some just weird (cotton candy).

Are they hard? I'm quite intrigued, should've tried them when I was in America.

You'd have to look really hard to find them if it's not fall, they come out usually September to December then they're gone again!

Maybe the different colors only come out during the fall but you can find candy corn anytime of the year. I know this because I love candy corn!! I swear nothing is too sweet for me. There was a nice older lady I used to work with that would bring me a bag of candy corn just because. I don't usually buy it because I will eat until I get a stomach ache. I also like to eat it one color at a time and the orange, yellow & white ones are the best.

This is me too- when people say things are too sweet for them I just can't comprehend that statement!

Me three. Perhaps this is part of my lack of enthusiasm for dark chocolate... maybe the volume is turned down on my sweet taste buds or something.

I think this is my problem too! Can't handle dark chocolate yuck.
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    conniehgtv wrote: »
    my sister is in a nursing home, her son is POA, he won't listen to anything I say and I am going crazy. I want a ciarette. Haven't smoked in over 10 years. Gog give me strength.

I'm sorry you are going through this :(

For what it's worth, I quit smoking in 1999 and have had a couple over the years during times of extreme stress.

I usually get about a third of the way into it, realize it tastes horrid, and isn't nearly as much fun as I remember it being.

thanks for talking me off the ledge. be careful who you appoint to be your POA!LOL!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    my sister is in a nursing home, her son is POA, he won't listen to anything I say and I am going crazy. I want a ciarette. Haven't smoked in over 10 years. Gog give me strength.

I'm sorry you are going through this :(

For what it's worth, I quit smoking in 1999 and have had a couple over the years during times of extreme stress.

I usually get about a third of the way into it, realize it tastes horrid, and isn't nearly as much fun as I remember it being.

This so MUCH! Such a nasty habit!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'm annoyed with my job today. Can you tell?

It doesn't show. ;)

I'm rather fond of bananas, in almost any stage of ripeness other than the extremes, and wouldn't eat more than one or two a day.

I have been known to mush one up in a bowl and just eat mashed banana, as a snack.

Now I'm craving banana. May have to swing by a grocery store on my walk and grab a bunch.

I like bananas, but only in the ripe, starting to freckle stage. Yum. I haven't had any in a while though since I was supposed to be following a nutrition plan with low-ish sugar (she says after eating ice cream last night).

Me too! I'm very picky about my bananas- they can't be too green and they can't be too mushy- they have to be juuuust right. I'm like the Little Read Riding Hood of bananas!

Don't you mean Goldilocks?

Yup, I think @spamarie caught that one for me! ;) I'm not the brightest crayon in the box
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

Sorry to hear about your sister (Hugs)
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    I spent two weeks with at a nursing home and know too well about seniors dumped at the facilities without care. I am very sorry your sister has to deal with this kind of behavior from her son.

(This is not directed at everyone; I understand nursing homes are a necessity. My family had tried to care for our grandpa, who slipping further and further into his dementia, but were unable to provide the best care. He is currently in a nice home and receives frequent visits.)

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I'm all caught up on this thread, finally! I was committed! I caught up on over 3,500 posts this week.

And, now, thanks to this thread, I've decided we're having Chipotle for dinner tonight...
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    I'm all caught up on this thread, finally! I was committed! I caught up on over 3,500 posts this week.
    And, now, thanks to this thread, I've decided we're having Chipotle for dinner tonight...

Wow- dedication award! I don't think I ever really fully caught up after vacation I kind of jumped back in!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

I am waiting for my new dumb bells to be delivered so i can commence awesome arm workouts

You don't know what candy corn is???? How is that possible? Well it is a Halloween staple in the US. I have no idea how common it is in other parts of the world. I can't think of how to describe it except it's basically pure sugar in like a pyramid shape and it's 3 stacked colors orange, yellow and brown. Hence the eating them in sections by color.

We don't have it in the UK...i think. I've never seen it or heard or it and my grandparents used to own a sweet shop.

Candy corn. They're small, probably less than an inch high. Dominant flavour is pure sugar, no resemblance to corn whatsoever.

The brown ones are "Indian" corn. They also come in approximately 65 different color combinations and flavors now though. Some fall-inspired (caramel apple), and some just weird (cotton candy).

No. They are soft like frosting.

They are not soft like frosting! They are very solid. They are just not hard. Frosting would be gushy and mushy and you couldn't bite the little sections of color. Did you try them after leaving them in the oven for an hour or something????
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »

You'd have to look really hard to find them if it's not fall, they come out usually September to December then they're gone again!

Maybe the different colors only come out during the fall but you can find candy corn anytime of the year. I know this because I love candy corn!! I swear nothing is too sweet for me. There was a nice older lady I used to work with that would bring me a bag of candy corn just because. I don't usually buy it because I will eat until I get a stomach ache. I also like to eat it one color at a time and the orange, yellow & white ones are the best.

This is me too- when people say things are too sweet for them I just can't comprehend that statement!

Seriously, SAME!

I am one of those... seriously I can't eat really really sweet things. I feel weird afterwards, like shaky, fuzzy minded, get really tired. Even too much orange juice will do this to me. This is something I have developed as I have aged. It started with doughnuts, and over time Twizzlers, Skittles, Candy Corn, Jelly Beans, Orange Juice, etc. Anything that is 'pure' sugar.

Only pop does this to me. Especially if I have other junk food with it, like at the movies. I feel strange and lightheaded when I drive home. Now I just get water with my movie snacks, and I avoid pop at home most of the time because it's not worth feeling like that!

Yes, full sugar soda will do that to me too.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Should I be worried that I have 666 calories left for the day? Am I about to be eternally damned?
    Looks like it's time to eat back some calories. >:)

Yes, I would most definitely eat something.

Done! Sadly it was M&Ms because I didn't post my daily goals today so there was no restriction. Why do I eat these? I don't even really like them... They are just THERE!

I tried the Candy Corn M&Ms & while they were pretty tasty they were way too sweet.

Mmm, yum. I'll be trying those soon! I love sweet things...I'm not sure I've ever thought something was too sweet...
    Cadbury creme eggs were overly sweet for me this year.

I like dark chocolate. I've been munching on endangered species salted caramel recently. I take one square ar a time but it's always mixed with another sweet at some point.

I've had ice cream, a milk fruit bar, and like three diet cokes today because of the dang heat. I'm running soon but I'm gonna hate not having extra cals for something nice at the end of the day.

I can't remember the last time I had a Cadbury egg! Did you end up getting your Panera dessert yet?
    Nah. I'd have to wait until Saturday or Sunday. If you want an egg now, I've seen Cadbury Scream eggs at CVS. I think they're just regular creme eggs with green food coloring. To me, the chocolate creme eggs were a lot better than the vanilla eggs. I do agree with @kellyjellybellyjelly about the Russel Stover eggs. I bought these the day after Easter and had a great time with most of em. Carrot cake and cookie dough were my favorite.

And as for how candy corn tastes... just pure sugar? I'm really awful at descriptions. XD
    Kuruschka wrote: »
    Girl Scout Cookies? I'm guessing a fund raiser like our "Bob A Job"?

qqvkqz669pqy.png

I am so glad that I don't live in the US and we don't have this "problem" in South Africa
    I didn't try Doozy Does until this year and they are probably my favorites. They've given me such a hankering for oatmeal desserts.
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I eat zucchini almost every day. Just raw, sliced into coins, and dipped into spicy mustard!!! Nom nom nom.

No judgement but EWWW HOW?! I tried it raw once, nope never again. Now cooked with some lemon juice nomnom
    I personally don't like cooking veggies a lot because I'm lazy and would rather just cut everything up and leave it at that.
    Update on my bat story: This is all way more serious than I thought it was going to be! I thought I could hand the bat over to a vet for care, get my dog a rabies shot and we could all carry on with our lives. But no. After health services phoned me yesterday I realized it was more serious. I took my dog to the vet yesterday and the vet told me that the bat will be tested for rabies, and if it's negative then everything is cool. BUT if it's positive, (if my understanding is correct) the province steps in and Freya goes into a 10 day quarantine. And I believe they ultimately get to decide her fate :scream: I'm going to be contacted by one or two people, probably on Monday because of all of this. I'm trying to keep a positive outlook that this little bat will be rabies free, but I'm a little worried.

In good news though, the little bat was moved to a wildlife rehabilitation center in the city and should make a full recovery :smile:
    They're able to preform a test on the live bat for rabies? I hope everything comes out okay for you and Freya!
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options

I was there September -March

Hm they should've been pretty easy to find! You were in VA most the time correct?

Yeah, but I didn't look :) Didn't know about it until this conversation!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    okay biker chick selfies in the random pic thread
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Should I be worried that I have 666 calories left for the day? Am I about to be eternally damned?
    Looks like it's time to eat back some calories. >:)

Yes, I would most definitely eat something.

Done! Sadly it was M&Ms because I didn't post my daily goals today so there was no restriction. Why do I eat these? I don't even really like them... They are just THERE!

I tried the Candy Corn M&Ms & while they were pretty tasty they were way too sweet.

Mmm, yum. I'll be trying those soon! I love sweet things...I'm not sure I've ever thought something was too sweet...
    Cadbury creme eggs were overly sweet for me this year.

I like dark chocolate. I've been munching on endangered species salted caramel recently. I take one square ar a time but it's always mixed with another sweet at some point.

I've had ice cream, a milk fruit bar, and like three diet cokes today because of the dang heat. I'm running soon but I'm gonna hate not having extra cals for something nice at the end of the day.

I can't remember the last time I had a Cadbury egg! Did you end up getting your Panera dessert yet?
    Nah. I'd have to wait until Saturday or Sunday. If you want an egg now, I've seen Cadbury Scream eggs at CVS. I think they're just regular creme eggs with green food coloring. To me, the chocolate creme eggs were a lot better than the vanilla eggs. I do agree with @kellyjellybellyjelly about the Russel Stover eggs. I bought these the day after Easter and had a great time with most of em. Carrot cake and cookie dough were my favorite.

And as for how candy corn tastes... just pure sugar? I'm really awful at descriptions. XD
    Kuruschka wrote: »
    Girl Scout Cookies? I'm guessing a fund raiser like our "Bob A Job"?

qqvkqz669pqy.png

I am so glad that I don't live in the US and we don't have this "problem" in South Africa
    I didn't try Doozy Does until this year and they are probably my favorites. They've given me such a hankering for oatmeal desserts.
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I eat zucchini almost every day. Just raw, sliced into coins, and dipped into spicy mustard!!! Nom nom nom.

No judgement but EWWW HOW?! I tried it raw once, nope never again. Now cooked with some lemon juice nomnom
    I personally don't like cooking veggies a lot because I'm lazy and would rather just cut everything up and leave it at that.

They're able to preform a test on the live bat for rabies? I hope everything comes out okay for you and Freya!

I just got a phone call from a Dr - can I just say it's alarming to see "Gov't of Alberta" pop up on your call display? Apparently the guy yesterday was wrong, the bat was too injured and had to be euthanized. (sorry little bat!). They're going to be testing it but won't have results until Wednesday or Thursday. I'm sure everything will be fine but I'll be happy when I know for sure!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    okay biker chick selfies in the random pic thread

*sprinting over!*
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Ok, all the chatter about candy corn got me up and to the store to see if they had any. Lucky for me, none to be found. A bit too early at the supermarket, I guess. But I am eagerly awaiting the return of Blue Bell ice cream to the Houston area on Monday!!!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

I hope Freya is okay!! And I hope you can remain calm until you find out :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Would you like a gross confession? I will give you a gross confession. Don't say I didn't warn you.

There's this thing called 'baby brain' or 'pregnancy brain' which I thought was a bit of a myth but might just have something to it. I've found myself of late nearly leaving the house with no shoes on, or putting the milk in the oven and other such random things. I put it down to having more important/interesting/cute things to think about.

Well the other night I went for a pee but forgot to pull my knickers down! I pulled down my trousers and just plain forgot I had knickers on at all. In my defense, they were tiny knickers and I can't see past my bump anymore. But still. Gross. Only noticed when I went to wipe. Argh! Knickers went straight in the washing machine. Thank goodness it was only a number one (they'd have gone in the bin!).

Told you it was a gross confession.

HAHAHA this is so funny.

Gross confession: I did something similar once, but mine was because of alcohol... :blush:

I am really embarrassed now that I was neither pregnant nor drunk when I made that error! Just in a hurry!

No worries--I've done it a few times when I just couldn't hold it anymore! I would get to the bathroom in time, but not get "all the way" to the bathroom in time, if you know what I mean. :D Luckily I was always at home...