Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Should I be worried that I have 666 calories left for the day? Am I about to be eternally damned?
    One of my bike rides last week resulted in a calorie burn of 666. >:)

I noticed that and I think I didn't hit "like" for that very reason. :blush:

We used to do a lot of work with a vendor who was in the Grand Rapids, MI area. Their area code is 616. It was well known among our group that the number is no longer 666, it's 616. You're all good. :)
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    I agree that weight lifting is really interesting to me. I love all the results the ladies around here are getting! What's stopping me is anxiety... I just cannot bring myself to wander into the weight section with all those big men. I'm thinking about making my own, relatively cheap weights at home. Has anyone done this?

Also you guys have done a good job at making me crave bananas. Especially a cold banana smoothie...

I lift weights at home, we use all dumbbells and benches right now. I have dumbbells between 3lb and 65lbs.
    Of course, I have a small fortune wrapped up in this setup, it's the only way hubby and I will lift consistently.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    My niece did something so hilarious today that made me think of this thread.

My youngest niece came over to her mom today & asked for Chocolate Milk. My sister went over & got the milk & the powder & my niece threw the hugest fit. What did she want? She just wanted the powder in the glass & then threw herself on the floor & had a huge fit. Needless to say she didn't get her own way.

I was happy that today I fit in Chipotle (steak burritos yum) & a whole pint of frozen yogurt.

Ha! That's awesome!!
    And I LOVE Chipotle!! I haven't had it in well over a year though! Not sure why...we just never think to go there when we get food. That should change soon!! Awesome job fitting that AND frozen yogurt!! Winnnn!!!!!!

I love Chipotle too. Mmmmm mmmmmm.

Chipotle is a huge reason I got fat buuuut I still eat it! Just not in such large quantities anymore! Haha <3

It really is so good. I wish there was one close to where I work, because I would go there at least once or twice a week.

I confess, I have no idea why people even like Chipotle, let alone lust after it. Just doesn't do it for me. ;)

Qdoba is my Mexican quick-serve of choice, but I also quite enjoy Moe's Southwest Grill. Really though, Mexican food is so easy, I'd rather just make it at home.

And use twice the amount of cheese. No judgment.

I love Moe's! And Chipotle too though. I want another trip to America! But, I don't like cheese that much and always asked them to put less, half the time they didn't understand and tried to put more. I think it just didn't make sense to them that anyone would want less cheese than they were entitled to!

I have one thing to say to this... Country music marathon

This would be my own personal version of hell, lol. Not dissing those who like it, but so NOT for me!

Seconded! Big time!

• conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    my sister is in a nursing home, her son is POA, he won't listen to anything I say and I am going crazy. I want a ciarette. Haven't smoked in over 10 years. Gog give me strength.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Update on my bat story: This is all way more serious than I thought it was going to be! I thought I could hand the bat over to a vet for care, get my dog a rabies shot and we could all carry on with our lives. But no. After health services phoned me yesterday I realized it was more serious. I took my dog to the vet yesterday and the vet told me that the bat will be tested for rabies, and if it's negative then everything is cool. BUT if it's positive, (if my understanding is correct) the province steps in and Freya goes into a 10 day quarantine. And I believe they ultimately get to decide her fate :scream: I'm going to be contacted by one or two people, probably on Monday because of all of this. I'm trying to keep a positive outlook that this little bat will be rabies free, but I'm a little worried.

In good news though, the little bat was moved to a wildlife rehabilitation center in the city and should make a full recovery :smile:

Well, good news on the bat... I am sure everything will be fine for Freya. But rabies is not something they fool around with. Its just too dangerous.

Hugs. Hope all works out well.

Me too! What a mess!! :(<3
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I confess that I met up with coworkers yesterday at 3pm for a lovely fresh blackberry margarita. YUM! I usually don't drink during the week, but that needed to happen.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I mostly stopped by to say I don't know what I was thinking when I got dressed this AM. I look like a biker chick today.

Ha! Pictures in the batcave, perhaps?
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I mostly stopped by to say I don't know what I was thinking when I got dressed this AM. I look like a biker chick today.

I'd have to do a selfie in the bathroom. Let me see if I can do that. :)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    I don't know what candy corn is.

I am waiting for my new dumb bells to be delivered so i can commence awesome arm workouts

You don't know what candy corn is???? How is that possible? Well it is a Halloween staple in the US. I have no idea how common it is in other parts of the world. I can't think of how to describe it except it's basically pure sugar in like a pyramid shape and it's 3 stacked colors orange, yellow and brown. Hence the eating them in sections by color.

We don't have it in the UK...i think. I've never seen it or heard or it and my grandparents used to own a sweet shop.

Candy_corn_strewn_on_a_black_background.jpg

Candy corn. They're small, probably less than an inch high. Dominant flavour is pure sugar, no resemblance to corn whatsoever.

This is the coloring I remember. The brown reference was very confusing. :D

The brown ones are "Indian" corn. They also come in approximately 65 different color combinations and flavors now though. Some fall-inspired (caramel apple), and some just weird (cotton candy).

Are they hard? I'm quite intrigued, should've tried them when I was in America.

You'd have to look really hard to find them if it's not fall, they come out usually September to December then they're gone again!

Maybe the different colors only come out during the fall but you can find candy corn anytime of the year. I know this because I love candy corn!! I swear nothing is too sweet for me. There was a nice older lady I used to work with that would bring me a bag of candy corn just because. I don't usually buy it because I will eat until I get a stomach ache. I also like to eat it one color at a time and the orange, yellow & white ones are the best.

This is me too- when people say things are too sweet for them I just can't comprehend that statement!

Seriously, SAME!

I am one of those... seriously I can't eat really really sweet things. I feel weird afterwards, like shaky, fuzzy minded, get really tired. Even too much orange juice will do this to me. This is something I have developed as I have aged. It started with doughnuts, and over time Twizzlers, Skittles, Candy Corn, Jelly Beans, Orange Juice, etc. Anything that is 'pure' sugar.

Only pop does this to me. Especially if I have other junk food with it, like at the movies. I feel strange and lightheaded when I drive home. Now I just get water with my movie snacks, and I avoid pop at home most of the time because it's not worth feeling like that!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    My dog, amazing huntress that she (apparently) is, caught a bat last night. I was surprised, and a little impressed. Anyway, the poor little thing's leg/wing was broken so I took it to an emergency vet that was open. I don't know if they'll help it or just euthanize it, but either one is better than letting it suffer outside. I know they're big carriers of rabies, so I wore gloves to pick it up (and threw them away after) and my dog is going today to get her rabies shot (she's due for it anyway).

What surprised me is that Alberta Health Services called me. They wanted to know if any humans had been in contact with it. I told him it was just me and I'd worn gloves so he just told me to call him back if I have any concerns. It makes it seem even more serious than I thought! But I was very careful, and even used vinegar to rinse the blood away in the yard - I don't know if vinegar is strong enough, but it's better than nothing.

How did you transport it? Was it freaking out?

I found a small box to take it in. It tried to get away from me and made a bunch of noise when I picked it up, but it couldn't get away because it's arm/leg was broken and couldn't fly or crawl well. Once it was in the box it crammed itself in a corner. It was digging or biting the box trying to get out though!
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Should I be worried that I have 666 calories left for the day? Am I about to be eternally damned?
    Looks like it's time to eat back some calories. >:)

Yes, I would most definitely eat something.

Done! Sadly it was M&Ms because I didn't post my daily goals today so there was no restriction. Why do I eat these? I don't even really like them... They are just THERE!

I tried the Candy Corn M&Ms & while they were pretty tasty they were way too sweet.

I will just enjoy my plain old candy corn. Just a little of that stuff goes a long way.

I love candy corn. I love to bite each color off individually.

I can't eat it anymore. The sugar shock issue ....
    I used to eat them like that. XD

Candy corn pumpkins are my favorite because they're too cute.

There are different flavored candy corn on The Impulsive Buy and one of the flavors is fruit creme. It sounds disgusting :s

I never liked the pumpkins. Only the corn. I think the pumpkins are the wrong shape. The corn shape is perfect for eating each tiny section. It slows you down too! No stuffing a handful of those babies into your mouth!

This is 100% accurate. I love candy corn, shun the pumpkins and eat them by color. They're probably out now, right? I need to get me some.

Yes, they are. I love the pumpkins but will eat the candy corn, too. We saw them at Sam's club, but I would make myself sick on them if I had that huge bag.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    I am so mad at my DOH! We joined the Y instead of the nearby gym because it had all the things he wanted, a pool, free weights and child minding. Now in four months he has only gone once, and that was five weeks ago. I have adjusted; I have learned to appreciate the Y. The staff is very helpful, they made sure I have a better understanding of the equipment than any of the gyms I have belonged to in the past, no one is trying to up-sell me, the people who go there are very nice and I am going 3-4 times a week. Clearly, it is working for me.

But I wanted to join the gym where I could watch Supernatural while on the treadmill! I wanted the gym that was open later than 4 on Saturday and noon on Sunday! I wanted a rowing machine!

A happy wife is a happy life, so I am going to leverage my dissatisfaction into Belly Dancing lessons.

That is all. :)

Sam, Dean & Cas would be great motivation to keep going :wink:

This needs that Dean gif that was posted 1000 pages ago. Sigh, Dean Winchester. :blush:

• MoHousdon
    Options
    I'm annoyed with my job today. Can you tell?

It doesn't show. ;)

I'm rather fond of bananas, in almost any stage of ripeness other than the extremes, and wouldn't eat more than one or two a day.

I have been known to mush one up in a bowl and just eat mashed banana, as a snack.

Now I'm craving banana. May have to swing by a grocery store on my walk and grab a bunch.

I like bananas, but only in the ripe, starting to freckle stage. Yum. I haven't had any in a while though since I was supposed to be following a nutrition plan with low-ish sugar (she says after eating ice cream last night).

Me too! I'm very picky about my bananas- they can't be too green and they can't be too mushy- they have to be juuuust right. I'm like the Little Read Riding Hood of bananas!

Don't you mean Goldilocks?

• onmyweigh_
    onmyweigh_ Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I had chicken wings and mini eggs for dinner last night
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

I am waiting for my new dumb bells to be delivered so i can commence awesome arm workouts

You don't know what candy corn is???? How is that possible? Well it is a Halloween staple in the US. I have no idea how common it is in other parts of the world. I can't think of how to describe it except it's basically pure sugar in like a pyramid shape and it's 3 stacked colors orange, yellow and brown. Hence the eating them in sections by color.

We don't have it in the UK...i think. I've never seen it or heard or it and my grandparents used to own a sweet shop.

Candy corn. They're small, probably less than an inch high. Dominant flavour is pure sugar, no resemblance to corn whatsoever.

The brown ones are "Indian" corn. They also come in approximately 65 different color combinations and flavors now though. Some fall-inspired (caramel apple), and some just weird (cotton candy).

No. They are soft like frosting.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    conniehgtv wrote: »
    my sister is in a nursing home, her son is POA, he won't listen to anything I say and I am going crazy. I want a ciarette. Haven't smoked in over 10 years. Gog give me strength.

I'm sorry you are going through this :(

For what it's worth, I quit smoking in 1999 and have had a couple over the years during times of extreme stress.

I usually get about a third of the way into it, realize it tastes horrid, and isn't nearly as much fun as I remember it being.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options

Seconding this motion. All in favour...?
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

Seconding this motion. All in favour...?

Motion passed! Pictures NOW! :)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

You'd have to look really hard to find them if it's not fall, they come out usually September to December then they're gone again!

I was there September -March

Hm they should've been pretty easy to find! You were in VA most the time correct?
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Haha I have days like that, I look at what I'm wearing lately and I'm like what the what! Must've not been fully awake.