Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    It's 9/11 and there have been rumors of possible attacks at schools here today. I sent my kids to school because a) I think the rumors were started by kids who hoped our superintendent would close schools "out of an abundance of caution" and b) there's an international chemical company headquartered here as well as a good sized military munitions plant (think mortars, surface to air missiles, and air to air missiles). I'm thinking those would make better targets and it won't matter where my kids are if either of those is hit.

The superintendent knows our football team is playing Sevier County tonight. Google Dollywood if you want to know where the kids would rather be than school.

Anyway, I have a coworker who asked me if I sent them to school. "Of course, I sent my kids to school. Keeping them home would be letting fear win. I never let fear win." (which is why the same coworker calls for me every time she sees a spider)

I hope nothing comes of those rumors, regardless of what the possible targets may be. Also, this reminds me: ISIS have blown up so many of our mosques here in Saudi Arabia (and other Gulf countries like Kuwait) that my husband told me there were police at the door today when he went to attend the Friday prayer at the local mosque.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Confession: I just ate a peanut butter and jelly doughnut. If possible, I have negative regrets. That was a sound taste bud investment.

Nice. We have this awesome bakery here that these amazing jelly donuts with a PB frosting that will make you wanna slap your momma. Oh man, I haven't had one in ages. I'm due.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Confession: I just ate a peanut butter and jelly doughnut. If possible, I have negative regrets. That was a sound taste bud investment.

Mmm wow didn't know those existed!!

It was just a jelly doughnut with (glorious) peanut butter frosting, but it was absolutely what I needed/wanted.

My local doughnut shop makes a strawberry filled doughnut with peanut butter icing. I miss those. And this year they are making a pumpkin filled with cream cheese icing. I got Mr. Mel.one the other day. It smelled wonderful.

Dear God,

Please let Heaven be filled with these pumpkin donuts when I get there. Thank you.

Love,

Laura

Amen.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

It was just a jelly doughnut with (glorious) peanut butter frosting, but it was absolutely what I needed/wanted.

My local doughnut shop makes a strawberry filled doughnut with peanut butter icing. I miss those. And this year they are making a pumpkin filled with cream cheese icing. I got Mr. Mel.one the other day. It smelled wonderful.

Dear God,

Please let Heaven be filled with these pumpkin donuts when I get there. Thank you.

Love,

Laura

Amen.

Yup. And PB&J donuts sound AMAZING!!!!!!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I'm very seldom on here on my computer so all my posts are pretty much from my phone.

In other news it is only 4 degrees here today. Brrrrr!

Celsius or Fahrenheit?! It's like... 45 C here! :o

That would be Celsius.

But we do have a frost warning for tonight...
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Dear God,

Love,

Laura

Yes, yes... 1000 times yes.

The only good thing about fall: it's Pumpkin Season.

I love it!!

I've already bought some Pumpkin foods B).

Pumpkin Fiber One bar (pretty good for 90 calories), Chobani Pumpkin Spice (awful for 130 calories), & Dannon Pumpkin yogurt (170 calories & really good).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Confession: MFP has really made me want a donut and I've been googling places around Houston to get a good one. XD

You realize that is messed up, right?

What's messed up with that? If I was planning such a splurge I'd deffenatly want to get the absolute best one.

That MFP is causing her to WANT donuts... that is what is messed up.

Well, that is a little messed up, but it often makes me want Talenti or Blue Bell as well as protein bars and even tilapia occasionally.

If it wouldn't be for this site I would have no idea what Talenti was, Quest bars, Jeni's ice cream (never buying it again due to the Listeria problems they had & the price tag), etc.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Finally seeing some movement on the scale. I was disappointed earlier this week because of a bump upward, but now the whoosh has occurred and I am headed downward again!! I hit onederland this morning!!!

Yeea! Well done! I have weigh day tomorrow and I'm really not looking forward to it after my week off. I don't think I'm in Onederland anymore :disappointed:

We shall find out in the morning...

my prediction was correct. 201.4lbs I won't give up that easily! Dammit I will see onederland and it will be next week! I will make sure of it. (hopefully lol)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    It's 9/11 and there have been rumors of possible attacks at schools here today. I sent my kids to school because a) I think the rumors were started by kids who hoped our superintendent would close schools "out of an abundance of caution" and b) there's an international chemical company headquartered here as well as a good sized military munitions plant (think mortars, surface to air missiles, and air to air missiles). I'm thinking those would make better targets and it won't matter where my kids are if either of those is hit.

The superintendent knows our football team is playing Sevier County tonight. Google Dollywood if you want to know where the kids would rather be than school.

Anyway, I have a coworker who asked me if I sent them to school. "Of course, I sent my kids to school. Keeping them home would be letting fear win. I never let fear win." (which is why the same coworker calls for me every time she sees a spider)

I hope nothing comes of those rumors, regardless of what the possible targets may be. Also, this reminds me: ISIS have blown up so many of our mosques here in Saudi Arabia (and other Gulf countries like Kuwait) that my husband told me there were police at the door today when he went to attend the Friday prayer at the local mosque.

Suzie, that's awful! Prayers for your safety. I know you and I don't have the same faith, but I do think of you as a friend and I know the crazies who use religion as their excuse for violence are equally likely to harm anyone for disagreeing with them.

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Confession: MFP has really made me want a donut and I've been googling places around Houston to get a good one. XD

What's messed up with that? If I was planning such a splurge I'd deffenatly want to get the absolute best one.

That MFP is causing her to WANT donuts... that is what is messed up.

MFP is causing me to want white chocolate candy corn M&Ms ;) ... which would require a trip to the US...
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    I'd like to thank you all for your support. Not just for me, but this community touches me because everyone is so kind and supportive of eachother.

@KylerJaye I love your dating stories. I have never really dated before and feel like I'd be terribly awkward at it since I have high social anxiety. People have already said they admire you and I'm one of them. :lol:

Edit: And there goes my perfect 1,000!

Sweetie, I appreciate that so much! Because 5 years ago this wasn't me, I couldn't even imagine it. And yeah, i have crazy anxiety, which is why all my first dates are at bars. It's the only thing that allows my anxiety to chill. And i'm not saying I'm some type of dating ninja, but I lost my 20's, the entirety of my 20's trying to love someone, and be enough for them, and I never was.

And then I settled for someone who for five years needed to be coddled, and I just can't do it anymore. Now i'm just working on desperation...
    Gotta ask; are you on the wrong site? I know there are a bunch. Worth trying another?

I'm on three different ones! okcupid, plenty of fish, and match (which I terribly regret giving them my monies! Maybe it's a regional issue, but I literally get nothing from match.com. makes me furious, such an absolute waste of money! :/
  • KylerJaye
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    *post date update*

First date #20

Pls just kill me now. Pls?!

So once again, dude looks nothing like his friggin pictures! Gah!

I'm kinda socially awkward, so I get that....this dude was just weird. Like weird, weird. And omg, the worst awkward conversation ever.it was like torture. Never in my life have I wanted something to end SO BAD.

So I had a few drinks, he had one and was like yeah I don't drink that much. Instant non-compatability. But that's actually the most tolerable moment of the evening. Dear god.

I don't know how to describe it do that you can fully understand the pure hell I endured. Just so not for me. Wouldn't even be a distant friend for me. Just aweful. Reactions and facial expressions and the crap he said, it was all so cringe worthy.

Then I'm like ok! We had snacks, let's get the check! And he got all butthurt, and was like you want to leave? And I tried to play it off, like well that's what you do at the end of a date!

Left the place and tried to say goodbye, and he was all like, we're gonna do this again, right? *sigh* and I don't like to lie, so I'm like, well maybe, aren't me a message and we'll see.

Oh man. Totally copying and pasting what @nonoelmo said... oh goodness

Ready to take a break yet?

NEVAAAAR!
    LOL
    It's just....i hold out hope. Everytime, I hold out hope that maybe this dude will be awesome. Everytime, I just hope maybe this one will be awesome....
    Sadly to no avail....

I read the average is something like 76 people is how many you have to go on date with in order to meet one worth being in a relationship with. The problem is, that is just an average. I know of someone (friend of my best friend) who the very first guy she went on a date with she is very happy with and they married. This is the same as a neighbor of mine. I don't know her well but yes, first match.com date and they have a house and a baby.

i would hope to find that happy median number in there....i don't know if i'll make it to 76 without losing my mind!
  • KylerJaye
    Options

Dear God,

Love,

Laura

I love it!!

i can't stand pumpkin...in all of it's 2 billion fall flavors *hides under her desk*
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options

Suzie, that's awful! Prayers for your safety. I know you and I don't have the same faith, but I do think of you as a friend and I know the crazies who use religion as their excuse for violence are equally likely to harm anyone for disagreeing with them.

My thoughts exactly.
  • KylerJaye
    Options
    *post date update*

first date #21

yeah, two in one day. never say die!

i seriously needed to decompress after #20. so after i said goodbye to the ritalin dude, i got in my car, watched him in my rear-view to make sure he had left the area, i then got out of my car, walked around the corner and went to another bar that i heart. there were two other ppl there. it was the perfect peaceful calm that i desperately needed. then whilst i was updating you fine folks, i was also setting up a night cap with a dude i'd been talking to. :p

he was...nice. fun dude to chat with and have a few beverages with, but....that's as far as it's gonna go.
    he had an extremely slight stature, and i can't stand that feeling like i'm an enormous beast next to a tiny dude.

plus he was a hardcore chain smoker - yuck
    and has two kids - i'm consciously trying to avoid baby momma drama. and i'm sure a lot of ppl will think that my refusal to give a guy with kids a chance makes me a terrible person. and maybe i'm missing out on a super awesome dude, but that's just not what i want in my life right now. maybe if i get up to the #50's, my pure desperation will permit me to relax the hard rules i've outlined for myself, but i'm not there yet.

oh!!! *post date update - update*

#19 - the dude that flipped out over the bill, then sent me nasty texts after he didn't get any? yeah, HIM.
    got a text from him yesterday!

"i don't expect a response back but i'm really sorry for what i texted the other night. you definitely didn't deserve that. no clue why i even sent it."

no quarter shall be given. so i replied:
    "i know why you sent it, you thought you were going to get laid, and spazzed out when you realized that wasn't going to happen. same thing with the check, you had a meltdown when i didn't read your mind and know that you expected me to pay for myself when you had them put the drinks on your tab. slightly unstable dude."

i'm actually really surprised on how much i held back. usually my rage gets much more vulgar :D
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

If you're going to have a doughnut, it should be the best possible doughnut.

Truth!

There was a donut shop in the town I taught in back in Texas. The donuts were SO GOOD! I tried to be there when he was taking them out of the frier. OMG, melt in your mouth goodness. I almost cried when they closed down. I very seldom eat donuts now, because I haven't found any that compare.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    *post date update*

first date #21

yeah, two in one day. never say die!

i seriously needed to decompress after #20. so after i said goodbye to the ritalin dude, i got in my car, watched him in my rear-view to make sure he had left the area, i then got out of my car, walked around the corner and went to another bar that i heart. there were two other ppl there. it was the perfect peaceful calm that i desperately needed. then whilst i was updating you fine folks, i was also setting up a night cap with a dude i'd been talking to. :p

he was...nice. fun dude to chat with and have a few beverages with, but....that's as far as it's gonna go.
    he had an extremely slight stature, and i can't stand that feeling like i'm an enormous beast next to a tiny dude.

plus he was a hardcore chain smoker - yuck
    and has two kids - i'm consciously trying to avoid baby momma drama. and i'm sure a lot of ppl will think that my refusal to give a guy with kids a chance makes me a terrible person. and maybe i'm missing out on a super awesome dude, but that's just not what i want in my life right now. maybe if i get up to the #50's, my pure desperation will permit me to relax the hard rules i've outlined for myself, but i'm not there yet.

oh!!! *post date update - update*

#19 - the dude that flipped out over the bill, then sent me nasty texts after he didn't get any? yeah, HIM.
    got a text from him yesterday!

"i don't expect a response back but i'm really sorry for what i texted the other night. you definitely didn't deserve that. no clue why i even sent it."

no quarter shall be given. so i replied:
    "i know why you sent it, you thought you were going to get laid, and spazzed out when you realized that wasn't going to happen. same thing with the check, you had a meltdown when i didn't read your mind and know that you expected me to pay for myself when you had them put the drinks on your tab. slightly unstable dude."

i'm actually really surprised on how much i held back. usually my rage gets much more vulgar :D

As someone who married a guy with a kid, I totally back you on the #babymamadrama. Being a step-parent is HARD!!! My step-daughter and I got/get along well (she's 24 now), and it still was hard. I would urge anyone to think very, very, very long and hard about taking on someone else's kids. It takes a special kind of person to do that successfully.

As for the daily date update, they are entertaining although I know they can be stressful on you. Still praying for Mr. Right-for-you!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Dear God,

Love,

Laura

I love it!!

i can't stand pumpkin...in all of it's 2 billion fall flavors *hides under her desk*

Me either, can I hide with you?

ETA but I <3 fall
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Dear God,

Love,

Laura

I love it!!

I've already bought some Pumpkin foods B).

Pumpkin Fiber One bar (pretty good for 90 calories), Chobani Pumpkin Spice (awful for 130 calories), & Dannon Pumpkin yogurt (170 calories & really good).

I had my first Pumpkin Chai latte of the season yesterday....MMmmmmm!

@KylerJaye and @kecmw25 - BLASPHEMY!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

Dear God,

Love,

Laura

+1 - love me some pumpkin!